GAC feature

Prev134
darthjj_G1A
19 posts Member
edited December 2019
Dear CG,
I’ve played this game since it’s launch and never seriously thought of quitting until yesterday evening, when this new nonsense function had been introduced. I can totally understand you guys, you don’t want to hire more employees or try to find some other way to take care if cheaters- let the players do it themselves, that’s your thing. But you’re also ruining the game for most of the old players, who only find fun in GAC. I just want to know, should I delete SWGOH today or you’ll remove this “amazing” new option, that would let lazy players to just copy others and make GAC just one more boring mode?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Half of MAW alliance players dislike this new option
    Thats remove all fun from GAC
    Now no reasons for theorycrafting, new tactics etc...and without it this game will boring
    That’s ugly option
  • Options
    Being 6.7kk+ gp player I am very close to delete the game now. Seconded - the only interesting game mode is broken now.
  • Options
    Do you honestly believe that this (very ameteurisch) implementation of a battle log is of any help to others?

People who use swgoh.gg are usually already advanced in the terms of gameplay mechanics. Otherwise they wouldn't even research more information regarding the game. And even in that case the log only shows the latest teams that actually win or lose, meaning if the "win" required two or more teams, then only the last team will be shown there.Helpful? I seriously doubt it.

Besides, there is no information regarding stats or mods.That would require you to jump back and forth between the pages, bringing you closer to insanity than Cthulu ever could ;)

In fact you can find much more valuable information (regarding counters) on Youtube or major SWGOH related sites.

PS: Sorry for my English (second language)
  • Options
    If we're always just negative about everything new it's no wonder we don't get new content ;-). See it as a chance to scout your opponent, just like you could in sports.
  • Options
    I feel the problem is that everyone can see logs for anyone else. If this feature would be restricted to just player and his immediate opponent on GA so that one could see how his defense is working and what packs have been used to deal with the defense that could really be beneficial. Making GA logs visible to everyone may indeed hurt the competition. and the player base afterall.
  • Options
    @Cyricus well mate, you might be in the bracket, where people use only standard teams to battle each other and you can find most counters on youtube, but lot’s of people have to play every round under quite different conditions, your post says for you that you are an amateur here)

Nonsense. If you believe this game to be rocket science then ... well, no, it is not. In fact your post shows that you didn't even actually check out that battle log on swgoh so far regarding the information it offers. It is totally useless in its current form.

Why?

a) Only shows the actual winning team (even if it took you 2 or 3 tries to win, so the first team is missing)
    b) There is no info regarding mods or stats
    c) There is better information available on the net
    d) Hell, even checking out your opponent in game and apply some logical deducing provides more info that swgoh battle logs ("Oh, no Geos in first rows? Must be logical you can find it in the last row then on defence, right?)
    e) If you shuffle your setup (front/back offence/defense) a history log won't help

It doesn't even identify cheaters because of a) and missing raw data (meaning damage per round for example).

But please feel free to enlighten me on WHY it is such a bad thing to have (seriously). Because, well, your initial post lacks an actual argument and shows only your personal opinion.
  • Options
    Half of MAW alliance players dislike this new option
    Thats remove all fun from GAC
    Now no reasons for theorycrafting, new tactics etc...and without it this game will boring
    That’s ugly option

Of course half of MAW dislike this new function, because it shows up just how many of them and how often they've been colluding with opponents to ensure high scores!!
  • Options
    While being very critical for cg on many levels,this is a great addition in game so some of us can improve and learn something new every time gac is around.

Also secret teams?Haha,i knew most counters that supposedely would work before i even started the game.Sure try have secrets in the era of Information,internet nowdays.
  • Options
    Cyricus wrote: »
    @Cyricus well mate, you might be in the bracket, where people use only standard teams to battle each other and you can find most counters on youtube, but lot’s of people have to play every round under quite different conditions, your post says for you that you are an amateur here)

Nonsense. If you believe this game to be rocket science then ... well, no, it is not. In fact your post shows that you didn't even actually check out that battle log on swgoh so far regarding the information it offers. It is totally useless in its current form.

Why?

a) Only shows the actual winning team (even if it took you 2 or 3 tries to win, so the first team is missing)
    You're wrong on that one...

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/gac-history/?gac=2&r=2

I took 2 attempts to defeat opponent's DR in rd 2 of final GA in the last GAC.

You can see both attempts on there.

• Options

Why?

Hmm, let's put it this way then: For my own battles there are some attempts on attack missing (i know because i had two connection problems last time, loosing two full teams and they are not showing up). For you there is also something strange going on there. Check your latest battles, round 1:

sr1f2ktwmzdo.png

The log probably needs some improvement or did you really always loose against your opponent at 0:00 seconds? Maybe they (swgoh.gg) are still working on fixing the bugs? I would assume so.

At least now they show a message regarding some bugs:

>> Note that Ship Battles and Early Ending Battles are not reporting correct Win/Loss currently.

Anyway, i still don't care about the log. In face i believe this will spice up GAC somewhat with people no longer soley relying on their beloved 0815 (not sure if that expression exists anywhere other than in Germany) setup which isn't super secret at all ;)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    People have been posting others defence on discord since GAC launched. Nothing really new to see from this.
  • Options
    Omg the amount of crying over this....after all the crying begging for this....
  • Options
    Every unhappy kraken/whale should stop spending untill the issue is resolved. This is the way
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Anyway, i still don't care about the log. In face i believe this will spice up GAC somewhat with people no longer soley relying on their beloved 0815 (not sure if that expression exists anywhere other than in Germany) setup which isn't super secret at all ;)

How can people rely on their defense if it isn't super secret at all? And if it isn't super secret at all, why would making gac history public spice things up?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    And use the power of secret discord server already ;)
  • Options

Why?

Hmm, let's put it this way then: For my own battles there are some attempts on attack missing (i know because i had two connection problems last time, loosing two full teams and they are not showing up). For you there is also something strange going on there. Check your latest battles, round 1:

sr1f2ktwmzdo.png

The log probably needs some improvement or did you really always loose against your opponent at 0:00 seconds? Maybe they (swgoh.gg) are still working on fixing the bugs? I would assume so.

>> Note that Ship Battles and Early Ending Battles are not reporting correct Win/Loss currently.

So investing a lot of time to get through all previous GACs of your enemy, figuring out their defense and teams and making a new defense setup for your side every single round is fine for you? Good, have fun! But there are others that don't have much time, that play the game for fun and not as a full time job like you or just already invest much more time than they should in other parts of the (mobile!) game - what about those? "Adapt or die"? Oh yeah, that's totally the best way to handle this!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

Why?

sr1f2ktwmzdo.png

So investing a lot of time to get through all previous GACs of your enemy, figuring out their defense and teams and making a new defense setup for your side every single round is fine for you? Good, have fun! But there are others that don't have much time, that play the game for fun and not as a full time job like you or just already invest much more time than they should in other parts of the (mobile!) game - what about those? "Adapt or die"? Oh yeah, that's totally the best way to handle this!
    Errr? Did you reply to me?

Where did you get the impression i like digging through the data all the time? Didn't i specifically state i don't care about the battle log and consider it useless? There is no reason to get riled up over trivial information such as this. If it were raw battle data that would be different. I could think of a few ways to crawl it for useful information with simple scripts / programming (working as a Programmer/Project Manager for a software company, so i do know what i am talking about). But in this form? Useless.

However, the thing iu am trying to make clear is: Most game mechanics become common knowledge after a while and applying logic to simple game mechanics such as in Galaxy of Heroes isn't rocket science . A full time job, wife, 2 kids, dog + cat don't leave that much time for playing games (or investing as much time as i used to) anymore, so i totally agree with you. The less time people have to spend to be successfull in a game, the better (as long as there are always goals to reach - must put a carrot in front of people's mouth). ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    My god what a bunch of snowflake whales on this thread.

Whales, haha
  • Ultra
    11537 posts Moderator
    Options

Why?

sr1f2ktwmzdo.png

0:00 is most likely a force quit or retreat, since no TM or stats are updated, it counts as 0:00
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Whales, haha

I'm going to guess the guy with 6.7 million GP running a full zeta'd GenSky in arena actually is a whale. 3rd post in the thread.

https://swgoh.gg/p/772248774/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    1class is one of top-10 players in the game, I guess
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Whales, haha

I'm going to guess the guy with 6.7 million GP running a full zeta'd GenSky in arena actually is a whale. 3rd post in the thread.

1 to go to make it plurar =D
  • Options

Whales, haha

Fair enough.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Whales, haha

OP is not f2p too ;) Btw, now you can check their defensive squads :D
    https://swgoh.gg/p/672873946/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I feel fine
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    1class wrote: »
    Being 6.7kk+ gp player I am very close to delete the game now. Seconded - the only interesting game mode is broken now.

Meh. Being a mere 6M gp I'm more concerned with the implications of LSGTB than a battle log I'm only going to look at if something suspicious happens.

The implications of LSGTB being that EA is done putting significant resources toward this game. They are too lazy to create content that can be engaged with now and then create new content later once current content is beaten. They are on cruise control and as such the amount of playable content is going to slow from a trickle to a dribble. It's a bit offensive for those of us who have spent.