Please change the Geo Offensive

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I remember my first raid

You had maxed toons that couldn't compete in your first raid? Impressive!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I remember my first raid

Luminara.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    This TB is intended to last a long while. What is difficult to understand about that? Teams have been able to get 4/4 using the RECOMMENDED requirements and not trying to underdog it.

The only valid argument is that 12m GP is a really high GP. However, that doesn't have anything to do about the Combat Waves that are fully clearable with existing characters.

R7 recommended character with god mods can sometimes clear waves, and sometimes they get obliterated in a single hit of wave 1/phase 1. It’s a lot of RNG. It would last plenty long as relevant content if it was unplayable at p3/4, but actually enjoyable in the first one at least (maybe into the second).

How long have we been doing DSGTB? The later phases of dark side are still destroying me, and I’m a 5.1 million player in a 273 million guild. It’s enjoyable, and nobody has beaten it at max stars, and even when we do it will be enjoyable and challenging for quite a while before we either get bored of it, or can auto through it. That was a well done TB.

We voted to do LSGTB in a split decision only because we have to keep pace with GET rewards. Nobody likes it. It’s nearly unplayable on p1. In a multi-phase event that gets progressively harder, there was NO reason to have it this hard in the first waves of the first phase. And to dump this on us when the devs said themselves we have been starved for content is very clueless on their part.

By the time we get powerful enough for this content to be at an enjoyable level (difficult to beat but doable) we will already be sick of it. They WAY overshot with difficulty so they don’t have to make new things for us to do more frequently which is what people play for and pay for. They’re sending us on a snipe hunt so we’ll shut up about having something to do. However, we still don’t because their badly designed monstrosity is too hard in early phases.
  • Options
    The only valid argument is that 12m GP is a really high GP. However, that doesn't have anything to do about the Combat Waves that are fully clearable with existing characters.

Glad you were able to set us all straight there, though it's not an argument. That number is about 3M GP north of the maximum obtainable in the game, which is fine. Super hard content many players can't *play* for awhile, sure. I mean, we all whined about the Sith raid when it came out and only 20 months later many guilds have finally mastered it. My GP won't be 12M in 20 months (I hesitate to do the math to figure out how long it will take to get there - unlikely game servers will still be operational by then).

The downside of LS TB is that the choices are poor for many guilds. Either select a raid you've graduated from and take a lower level of a valuable currency, or select a raid you're not yet ready for and hit the deploy button while most of your roster gets obliterated. Neither option is really conducive to player satisfaction, which I think is the underlying point.

Meanwhile, there's a perfectly good TB for many guilds that we've been working towards for awhile now that is a really good fit for the level of a lot of guilds.... I'm fine with the level of difficulty for this raid. It's patently absurd and clear we're not ready for it. As a player who would like to actually *play* the game, I'd prefer we could select DS Geo TB in addition to the LS TBs.
  • Options

Glad you were able to set us all straight there, though it's not an argument. That number is about 3M GP north of the maximum obtainable in the game, which is fine. Super hard content many players can't *play* for awhile, sure. I mean, we all whined about the Sith raid when it came out and only 20 months later many guilds have finally mastered it. My GP won't be 12M in 20 months (I hesitate to do the math to figure out how long it will take to get there - unlikely game servers will still be operational by then).

The downside of LS TB is that the choices are poor for many guilds. Either select a raid you've graduated from and take a lower level of a valuable currency, or select a raid you're not yet ready for and hit the deploy button while most of your roster gets obliterated. Neither option is really conducive to player satisfaction, which I think is the underlying point.

Meanwhile, there's a perfectly good TB for many guilds that we've been working towards for awhile now that is a really good fit for the level of a lot of guilds.... I'm fine with the level of difficulty for this raid. It's patently absurd and clear we're not ready for it. As a player who would like to actually *play* the game, I'd prefer we could select DS Geo TB in addition to the LS TBs.

Closer to 4 or 5 actually but Jacen Roe said it best so far.

Nobody wanted to clear this on auto on day one. The devs can’t understand that if it was playable at P1 and P2 with this kind of roadblock starting in P3 then that’s fine too. It shows that with future progression, levels, characters, etc that this can be achieved. As of right now? HA! Not even close to getting 10 stars
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    LS geo Tb is garbage

All my combat mission i do 0/4
  • Options
    I think the choice would be easier if it were LS Geo or DS Hoth. We were one star away from perfect in DS Hoth once DS Geo started. I'm sure we would skip LS Geo at least once if we could do DS Hoth instead to get that achievement.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Should of done hoth.. Our guild voted unanimously to do it and we are a 200mill guild. We knew the geo lstb would be nothing but frustration.

Let me preface this with this statement: I agree with you. Geo LSTB is an absolutely abysmal experience. But doing Hoth seriously hamstrings your guild progress into G12 and beyond.

Now, here's how I have personally reconciled that. You, and others who have chosen to do Hoth, are under the impression that this game is meant to be "played" by doing battles and doing them for a bit of time. This is how you have fun.

That is how the game used to be played. It is now being played by an age-old mobile game mechanic - frustrate the consumer.

The game also used to be played by upgrading your characters as quickly as possible. You wanted a higher GP because that is how you got better rewards with the Territory Battles, participation in events was gated by star level. With TW and then GAC, that changed. Now, you want to keep your GP up, but not "too up" in order to get "better" matchmaking.

Remember back when the original JKR event came out? There was a post, I believe from Carrie, that explained that those types of events were designed around star level, and the gear required was low, because the characters were seen as a reward for investing in the recently released characters. So, you could get JKR with G8 OR characters, because you paid (in one way or another - either through marquee packs or in crystal shipments and then many multiple refreshes once they became farmable 2 weeks before the newest event) to get those characters.

But enter the hoarders. People started hoarding resources in order to "build up" to get these characters via saving 10s of thousands of crystals, 500 stun guns.

The way the game is "played" now is simple. Hoard. People started hoarding. They hoarded so much that CG introduced a weekly shipments area, a new currency (GET2), and a new set of gear (Kyrotechs).

It is abundantly clear that this game has undergone a philosophy shift over the course of roughly the past 18 months. It started with Chewie, increased with Malak, tipped to the extreme with GAS, and is now insane with GLSTB.

Chewie started the curve towards "geared instead of starred characters." Then you needed G12s to get Malak. GAS isn't doable without multiple G13s. And LSTB? Most can't do it even with R7 characters.

The game is now played by hoarding. If you do not hoard, you get frustrated. Frustration drives spending, when games aren't fun. The philosophy of not-fun games is now being applied to a game that was once fun. And that's where we are now.
  • Options
    Got it. If your percieved expectations don't align with reality the appropriate response is to go on emotional rants of poor design and ignore that player's thought are subjective and bias. Oh, and forget that people are able to get 4/4s already, lol.

I'm done here. I guess I'll just go back to enjoying the game.

You’re as subject to bias as anyone. And the whole purpose of a game is something that people find enjoyable in their subjective experience. If enough people aren’t enjoying it, and it affects spending, then the devs failed in their job.

I have a 7*/relic 7 G$ and after 3 battles with him I’m telling you it’s total RNG as to how far I make it. I’m currently 2/4, 4/4, and 0/4. Every other team I’ve used has been 0/4 except for relic Padmé team, and that one has been less successful than G$.

You do know that there are 3 more phases to this thing? Why is making the first phase playable for a larger number of players at a time when many paying customers feel starved for content an unreasonable request? Why would it not still be end game/tip of the spear content for years to come if it were this hard on P2, and 100% impossible to get anything but 0/4 on p3/4, but p1 were consistently doable with a mix of g12/some relics/100+ speed/optimal characters?
  • Options
    I think that this LS Geo TB seems easier than the first go round. The keys we are finding is using the right toons. We are getting a lot of 2/4 and 3/4 in many missions and even a few 4/4. There are keys to learn on who to take out when, how to deal with other characters that will take some time. I think the Jedi are likely in need of a new leader (cue Jedi Rey) otherwise there likely is not much hope with current Jedi. This is only in P1 but overall I personally am enjoying this TB. Yes it's a challenge but it's meant to be.

G12 toons are too squishy though to hope to get anything better 1/4 waves completed in P1 which means not likely much success in future phases so there is that requirement for needing relics.
  • Options
    230m GP guild, we're doing Geo but not bothering with combats. Officers say 12* is possible with deployments only.

I do prefer this to rerunning hoth... Less effort and better rewards. But man the difficulty extinguished my excitement for the new content. Don't even really care about getting my GAS to 7* anymore either, cause it's not going to help at all. Don't have many R7 characters, but full R4-R5 squads can't even get through one wave..

On the plus side, this gives me a good excuse to bow out of the meta chase. Gonna gear up things at my own pace for a while; focus on the squads I already have for TB and let the Rey/kylo stuff pass me by this time
  • Options
    Got it. If your percieved expectations don't align with reality the appropriate response is to go on emotional rants of poor design and ignore that player's thought are subjective and bias. Oh, and forget that people are able to get 4/4s already, lol.

I'm done here. I guess I'll just go back to enjoying the game.

Not sure who you're talking about on the emotional rant side of things. I guess ranting is subjective also.

I seriously think the level of difficulty is fine. I think having the choice to do a TB whose difficulty level is in line with guild progression makes a lot of sense as it lets people enjoy the game. I would think CG would want to be in the business of their customer base enjoying and finding value in their game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    We are doing LGTB(235M GP), as it’s best for us in the long run, but it’s not fun, we might have done Hoth, if we could have chosen DS.

Borrowing the difficulty levels from Wolfenstein 3D for the TBs
    LHTB, "Can I play, Daddy?"
    DHTB, "Don't hurt me."
    DGTB, "Bring 'em on!"
    LGTB, "I am Death incarnate!" DooM 2016 “Ultra Nightmare”
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Thorce wrote: »
    The TB is absolutely ridiculous. The biggest problem is that it isn't fun. Not at all. I have to play it with my guild, and I'm useless. We all have to do it, or we don't get the currency to keep up with other players. No one in our guild wants to do it but the rewards for 2 stars are better than the reward for 33 in Hoth. You need to fix the rewards problem. Better yet, stop expecting all players to have maxed one particular faction. No one likes to walk away from battles feeling like losers, but that's what this TB does to us. All we get to do is dump our troops. No one plays games for that kind of non-experience. You need to revamp the entire thing.

Agreed. My Guild has 210kk gp and good teams with relics and we are having our **** kicked. There is no fun, thr stars are coming from mobilization. We hate the tb but feel obliged to play because of GET2.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    LS geo Tb is garbage

All my combat mission i do 0/4

Mirror.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    230m GP guild, we're doing Geo but not bothering with combats. Officers say 12* is possible with deployments only.

Your guild isn't thinking about it very clearly then.

No combats means no practice to better understand mechanics and maybe change a few 0/4 to 1/4, or even 2/4 - which could mean an extra star in this, or a near future TB.

Doing combats also doesn't cause you to lose out on any deployments points.

So nothing is being gained by not doing combats (other than a few minutes of each guild members time).

• Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

No combats means no practice to better understand mechanics and maybe change a few 0/4 to 1/4, or even 2/4 - which could mean an extra star in this, or a near future TB.

So nothing is being gained by not doing combats (other than a few minutes of each guild members time).
    Should have clarified: combat optional. We're trying things out but aren't making it mandatory or tracking combats like usual
  • Options
    We were over a million away from a 3rd start in bottom P1 phase last time. We easily achieved that this time and had a lot better success this go round. It's actually fun and interesting trying to figure out what teams are needed and what works and doesn't.
  • Options

Watch a YouTube video for the kill orders and mechanics. Avoid the CM’s so you don’t throw your phone against a wall when your fully relic’d team is KO’ed in one shot
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    226 million GP guild and we choose Hoth LS. The geo LS is way too ridiculous and just plain not fun. Further you can earn over double the GET1 coins from Hoth which are sorely needed for those who need to finish Malak or General Skywalker (or save for his shards for when he next arrives.)

Not a single guild member wanted to try the LS Geo again after CG yanked the dark side and replaced it with their crap new content which they didn't even bother to adjust.

Maybe next time CG can try and develop content that more than just .002 percent of the player base has a chance of enjoying.
  • Options
    So on the flip side my guild is 258 million and we are doing geo, and we all hate it, BUT cool thing is TB is done in 5 minutes, by the time all you suckers have done your first Hoth battle I've been one one shot in ALL of my geo battles cause relic 3-5 just don't cut it for phase 1.

This TB may be the dumbest worst content in the game but one thing it ain't is a time sink.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Watch a YouTube video for the kill orders and mechanics. Avoid the CM’s so you don’t throw your phone against a wall when your fully relic’d team is KO’ed in one shot

Watching a video is a good start, but it doesn't replace actual experience.

Anger management can solve the second problem.
  • Options
    Guild Leader of a 248M GP Guild Here. We will get 13 to 14 stars in LS GEO TB this go around and more next. It is, as others have said, end game content. It is also a puzzle to figure out how best to deploy. We won't see the last sectors, because we are picking and choosing where to preload and where to advance. It has been a beast to plan and update, and 4 spreadsheets later, I still am constantly tweaking the approach.

All-in-all it is very difficult and, at times, frustrating content, but the reward level coming out of it at 13/14 stars is by far better than Hoth, so while it is a pain, the only way to improve at it is to play it and learn what works and what doesn't.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    The TB is absolutely ridiculous. The biggest problem is that it isn't fun. Not at all. I have to play it with my guild, and I'm useless. We all have to do it, or we don't get the currency to keep up with other players. No one in our guild wants to do it but the rewards for 2 stars are better than the reward for 33 in Hoth. You need to fix the rewards problem. Better yet, stop expecting all players to have maxed one particular faction. No one likes to walk away from battles feeling like losers, but that's what this TB does to us. All we get to do is dump our troops. No one plays games for that kind of non-experience. You need to revamp the entire thing.

My guild decided to do hoth in joining the protest to greedy CG antics. They will learn their lesson. Whether now or later when karma or afterlife...greed will be it. If everyone joins and don't play their broken TB, then maybe we can force their hand.
  • Options

My guild decided to do hoth in joining the protest to greedy CG antics. They will learn their lesson. Whether now or later when karma or afterlife...greed will be it. If everyone joins and don't play their broken TB, then maybe we can force their hand.

Hahahahaha

Dramatic much over a game?

If you poured tons of time and money into a game for it to be made irrelevant and ignored...I’m sure you’d be upset to.
  • Options
    My guild voted hoth around 215 mill GP or 230 mill GP with the stupidly heightened Guild GP since last update, looks like it was a good choice.
  • Options
    I remember my first raid

It has been an awfully long time ... but yes I believe I did have maxed characters when the Rancor hit the tables and correct they were not effective. g8 no mods may have also been the max gear level at the time though ...