Please do us a favor Re: Rose

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »
    I get it, she’s in the game, and part of ep 8. I understand that we should be required to get her to 7*. But please, for the love of God, don’t make us gear her.

It’s not that I don’t like her kit. I’m sure I read it once, but I don’t even remember what her kit does. I, and I think most of the community, just flat don’t like her character.

If you are planning an event requiring resistance for ep 9, and Rose is to be a part of it, I make the following suggestion:

She does a stage with Finn.

She is required to be 7*

The AI always and exclusively targets Finn, no AOE.

Set up some parameters so that Finn must survive X amount of turns, even have the enemy grant a debuff capping speed so the stage turns into a complete gear check for Finn if you want.

When Rose finally gets a turn and Finn is still alive we use an event only ability called “Love Saves the Day lolz **** *shrug*” And you pass the stage.

Again, if you have any feelings for the community at all. The thought of gearing Rose almost makes me feel like I’m in the movie “Saw”.

The community says to quit speaking for us. Just say you don't like her, at least it sounds genuine. Once you (speak) for everyone, we know it's just you and your hangups. Thanks and good day.

I think it comes down to how many people in the community have her geared and fully starred to those that don't.

I'd say an overwhelming portion of the community has her collecting dust.
    That doesn't say much. I like Rose - as a character - much more than Rey. Nevertheless I farmed and geared only those Resistence characters that lead to JTR, simply for relevance in the game (at that time) . Then, there are so many other characters/factions that need leveling and gear, no regular player (in comparison to whales) can farm them all at the same time. Some of my favourite Star Wars characters never even made it into my inventory yet and are still on my future farming list.
    leef wrote: »
    JarJar > Rose
    Even if it's just for the fact that we can blindly hate on JarJar without being considered an a...hole.
    Or at least you think so... B)

True, whale players will gear and star everyone, F2P have to be more choosey as to where they spend resources - not likely being for Rose.

Guilds may also at least farm Rose for deployment in Platoons for TB - but gearing her is another story all together there.

Ultimately if she is one of your favorite characters, you'd farm and gear her though. By not doing so, she really isn't worth it or you just don't like her that much.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    all the batman movies were awful. only good parts were all the bane scenes and all the ledger joker scenes

You did not just say that?

I did.

also, for the other guy, V for Vendetta is one of the worst movies I've ever seen
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    all the batman movies were awful. only good parts were all the bane scenes and all the ledger joker scenes

I did.

also, for the other guy, V for Vendetta is one of the worst movies I've ever seen

So you don't like any of the Batman movies or V for Vandetta, but let me guess - you liked the Last Jedi?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I really should know better than to open any TLJ thread...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo wrote: »

I did.

So you don't like any of the Batman movies or V for Vandetta, but let me guess - you liked the Last Jedi?

I like all the star wars movies, even those with dumb awful stuff in them.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

I did.

Why did you have to restate "all the star wars movies" in a different way?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yet at the start of the game there were few droid characters, so lots of people 7 starred and geared IG86 - can't say the same for Rose in any way.

Your comparison is probably best made with CUP.
    Basically from release to Finn's rework, Rose was the best fifth for a JTR team, especially for the meta she was released in.

Rose is and long has been a perfectly reasonable and useful investment who's been sorely underrated and overlooked because people dislike the character.

If you haven't invested in her, it's because you've chosen to forego a solid unit. Her being required for something down the line is entirely reasonable.

There are far superior resistance characters in the game than Rose. No one cares for Holdo as a character either, but her taunt ability etc. is more useful, additionally her potential to be a fleet commander for the resistance faction down the road.

With 3PO, he is also a way better choice than Rose.

Rose sucks, sad but true. Actually its not sad, because she **** in the movie too. Her uselessness just carries forwards into the game, unlike Holdo.

Please stop using phrases like "no one" and "everyone" - you do not speak for everyone and your opinions are just and only those two things...opinions and yours.

Thank you in advance.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Boo wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Beyol wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »
    I get it, she’s in the game, and part of ep 8. I understand that we should be required to get her to 7*. But please, for the love of God, don’t make us gear her.

It’s not that I don’t like her kit. I’m sure I read it once, but I don’t even remember what her kit does. I, and I think most of the community, just flat don’t like her character.

If you are planning an event requiring resistance for ep 9, and Rose is to be a part of it, I make the following suggestion:

She does a stage with Finn.

She is required to be 7*

The AI always and exclusively targets Finn, no AOE.

Set up some parameters so that Finn must survive X amount of turns, even have the enemy grant a debuff capping speed so the stage turns into a complete gear check for Finn if you want.

When Rose finally gets a turn and Finn is still alive we use an event only ability called “Love Saves the Day lolz **** *shrug*” And you pass the stage.

Again, if you have any feelings for the community at all. The thought of gearing Rose almost makes me feel like I’m in the movie “Saw”.

The community says to quit speaking for us. Just say you don't like her, at least it sounds genuine. Once you (speak) for everyone, we know it's just you and your hangups. Thanks and good day.

I think it comes down to how many people in the community have her geared and fully starred to those that don't.

I'd say an overwhelming portion of the community has her collecting dust.
    That doesn't say much. I like Rose - as a character - much more than Rey. Nevertheless I farmed and geared only those Resistence characters that lead to JTR, simply for relevance in the game (at that time) . Then, there are so many other characters/factions that need leveling and gear, no regular player (in comparison to whales) can farm them all at the same time. Some of my favourite Star Wars characters never even made it into my inventory yet and are still on my future farming list.
    leef wrote: »
    JarJar > Rose
    Even if it's just for the fact that we can blindly hate on JarJar without being considered an a...hole.
    Or at least you think so... B)

True, whale players will gear and star everyone, F2P have to be more choosey as to where they spend resources - not likely being for Rose.

Guilds may also at least farm Rose for deployment in Platoons for TB - but gearing her is another story all together there.

Ultimately if she is one of your favorite characters, you'd farm and gear her though. By not doing so, she really isn't worth it or you just don't like her that much.
    Sure, in the end it's all relative. When I say that i like Rose more than Rey, maybe I should add that when it comes down to general favourites, Resistance & First Order are the factions that I like least of all the Star Wars factions. :D When it comes down to personal taste, I'll always prefer Empire, Old Republic, Jedi, Sith... but some choices need to be made when trying to be competitive and JTR was still needed for HSTR when I farmed for her event^^
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yet at the start of the game there were few droid characters, so lots of people 7 starred and geared IG86 - can't say the same for Rose in any way.

Your comparison is probably best made with CUP.
    Basically from release to Finn's rework, Rose was the best fifth for a JTR team, especially for the meta she was released in.

Rose is and long has been a perfectly reasonable and useful investment who's been sorely underrated and overlooked because people dislike the character.

If you haven't invested in her, it's because you've chosen to forego a solid unit. Her being required for something down the line is entirely reasonable.

There are far superior resistance characters in the game than Rose. No one cares for Holdo as a character either, but her taunt ability etc. is more useful, additionally her potential to be a fleet commander for the resistance faction down the road.

With 3PO, he is also a way better choice than Rose.

Rose sucks, sad but true. Actually its not sad, because she **** in the movie too. Her uselessness just carries forwards into the game, unlike Holdo.

Please stop using phrases like "no one" and "everyone" - you do not speak for everyone and your opinions are just and only those two things...opinions and yours.

Thank you in advance.

No
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I did.

Why did you have to restate "all the star wars movies" in a different way?

I didn't. that would include Empire.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I did.

To each their own, but that's a little whacked, lol
  • TVF wrote: »

I missed the context but I find the Nolan movies very overrated to the point that I gave up after 2.

I agree with you. It didn't even feel like Batman. Minus the cape and cowl and it was a generic action movie with a generic action hero. Didn't bother with the third one.

And why did Bats become unintelligible in the second one? I could only catch every third word.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Another thought provoking and endearing thread. A thread for the ages. One you will remember with your grandchildren patiently waiting for you to regail them yet again, with the finer points voiced here today. None will remember what they were doing before it's inception, but once it emerged, well, things changed. Funding was flowing, roads were built, homes spread across the horizon. Children danced and their Elders knew then and there, one day they would recall in great detail, the chain of events that lead to this threads inception. Mark this well, and remember. You were part of a historical moment. Never have so many, been so bored, by so little.

In closing, let me say this.. Stuff That Few Use
  • I would like to feed disney to the wolverines, George should have never sold nor Stan/marvel to that evil machine. Sony would have been a better and much safer to characters bet, alas here we are. Suffer we must with a smile and good nature......
  • For one a better story arc would have been entering with Luke training the new jedi, then the betrayal and slaughter of said Jedi by one of Luke's pupils. Then his reclusion and hiding during which the development of the new characters that we all would come to adore and forget about Luke for a while as his overshadowing of new characters is the overall problem with writing the new films. Probably why Rian Johnson had to write him as a sorry sack in the latest films. Disney will only serve to serve themselves and continue to do so, until they lose all of the fans by continuing to make garbage....... sad they missed out on a good opportunity for some great story telling just for a cash grab.
  • 7thru9suck wrote: »
    I would like to feed disney to the wolverines, George should have never sold nor Stan/marvel to that evil machine. Sony would have been a better and much safer to characters bet, alas here we are. Suffer we must with a smile and good nature......

Not sure too many people outside of Andrew Garfield would agree with that one...I don't think any of these really live up to expectations. Our standards are very low as kids and our experiences consistently more novel.
    I would like to feed disney to the wolverines, George should have never sold nor Stan/marvel to that evil machine. Sony would have been a better and much safer to characters bet, alas here we are. Suffer we must with a smile and good nature......

The prequels were just as bad as the sequel trilogy. They're infamously terrible. Disney didn't ruin Star Wars. George Lucas did that in 1999.

Keep in mind Lucas had virtually nothing to do with the film in the series that is universally considered the best (ESB). He got lucky with ANH (and even then it had to be saved by a stellar editor). Also, except for the terrible decision to change the Wookies to Ewoks in ROTJ, Lucas had almost nothing to do with that film, too.

He directed four Star Wars films. Three of them are unwatchable. The other one is barely standing the test of time.
  • She had
    no role in episode IX
    however I think because of episode VIII
  • We will need rose tico at G13 relic 7 for the next event

zvq8p2w86vku.jpg

Rose is the one character in all of star wars I never cared about.

The prequels were just as bad as the sequel trilogy. They're infamously terrible. Disney didn't ruin Star Wars. George Lucas did that in 1999.

Keep in mind Lucas had virtually nothing to do with the film in the series that is universally considered the best (ESB). He got lucky with ANH (and even then it had to be saved by a stellar editor). Also, except for the terrible decision to change the Wookies to Ewoks in ROTJ, Lucas had almost nothing to do with that film, too.

He directed four Star Wars films. Three of them are unwatchable. The other one is barely standing the test of time.

So you hate the prequels and the sequals....and detest George Lucas. You're here.....because?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

That is all a matter of opinion and perspective. The Ewoks were not as bad as what some make them out to be, considering they were representative of a guerrilla force managing to bring superpowers to their knees (Vietnam for the US and Afghanistan for the USSR) Keep in mind that the original trilogy did not try to delve so deep into being an indepth allegory for international politics of the late 70s early 80s. The Ewoks were also put in their for younger viewers as well as to sell plush toys. Do not look at them from the eyes of today, where their movements et al are dated by todays standards.

The only mess-up that lucas did in my opinion with the prequels was putting so much emphasis on the **** of jar jar and CGI. Look at the movies as a story... If you read them, and could learn things that happened behind the scenes, and character thought and development, they are good... Not excellent, but good.

The sequels however were a jumbled mess, that if they had had a plan from the beginning, rather than trying to do the most fan service and make the most money, they may have been better. There were just too many mistakes and trying to tell too much in a story that essentially had finished with ROTJ.

I do not know which ones are unwatchable as you say. Even TPM is watchable if you fast forward through the jar jar stuff. TLJ though... I don't even have words to describe how bad that was (culminating in that Leia surviving the vacuum of space nonsense).
  • (culminating in that Leia surviving the vacuum of space nonsense).

Not nonsense, the lethality of the "vacuum of space" has long been overstated in other movies and books but the truth of the matter is that most people would survive for about two minutes or so. They would also pass out after about 15-20 seconds but they could still be rescued within two minutes and have a good chance at a full recovery.
    Google it.

In fact, I did google it and here is one of the results: https://scientificamerican.com/article/survival-in-space-unprotected-possible/

So given that Leia is a trained Force User and given the other flights of fancy that we allow such characters to get away with, I really have never accepted this particular criticism of TLJ as it seems to be to be based on the viewers misconceptions of space rather than anything the movie does wrong.
  • Problem with the sequel is that 2 of the movies were created by Abrams and 1 by Johnson (The Last Jedi). Because of that we have 2 different visions of the same story which try to coexist together
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    7thru9suck wrote: »

George ruined star wars in 1999? Hahahahahah - no. He made a not very good star wars movie, then spent the others on course correction (cutting out Jar Jar and no more Lil' Ani business). The political world established as well as how the Jedi are, what Anakin is, the death of Jedi and the Sith moving in the shadows with their reveal of Darth Maul was all very well done - hands down better than anything the sequel trilogy has done.

There was also nothing lore breaking about the PT. Was the PT magnificent? Of course not, it certainly could have been done better, but the ST sinks star wars below that of the Holiday Special, by far.

Now you go on to say George had virtually nothing to do with the OT after ANH? You know he wrote all of them and consulted on all of them, loads of decisions going on with those movies came from George.

The Wookies were changed to Ewoks because finding people like Mayhew was difficult - little people were easier.

George was the man that connected all the stories together and had an overall idea as to how he wanted them to go.

Yes he had producers, people he had complete the screenplays (for his approval) and hired directors that he trusted such as Kershner. He was very involved in the OT but did not want to take the helm of it all as he nearly had a heart attack when making ANH.

Come the PT, he had the money, control and power to completely run the show - and I think this is where he should have been more humble, as he was with working on the OT to have additional sources to help steer the ship - not surrounding himself with "yes men".

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Problem with the sequel is that 2 of the movies were created by Abrams and 1 by Johnson (The Last Jedi). Because of that we have 2 different visions of the same story which try to coexist together

They should have had one talented writer create an overall outline for all ST movies to follow - what we got were several directors doing whatever they wanted and have a mashed up result, a result that makes episodes 1-6 essentially pointless, for the sake of what?

This is not good story telling. It just insults the very franchise it was born from.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

George ruined star wars in 1999? Hahahahahah - no.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    (culminating in that Leia surviving the vacuum of space nonsense).

Not nonsense, the lethality of the "vacuum of space" has long been overstated in other movies and books but the truth of the matter is that most people would survive for about two minutes or so. They would also pass out after about 15-20 seconds but they could still be rescued within two minutes and have a good chance at a full recovery.
    Google it.

In fact, I did google it and here is one of the results: https://scientificamerican.com/article/survival-in-space-unprotected-possible/

So given that Leia is a trained Force User and given the other flights of fancy that we allow such characters to get away with, I really have never accepted this particular criticism of TLJ as it seems to be to be based on the viewers misconceptions of space rather than anything the movie does wrong.

Seconds actually -

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/08/can-you-survive-in-space-without-a-spacesuit.html
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    (culminating in that Leia surviving the vacuum of space nonsense).

Google it.

Seconds actually -

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/08/can-you-survive-in-space-without-a-spacesuit.html

Slate???????
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

George ruined star wars in 1999? Hahahahahah - no.

Again, No.

Granted some changes made were diabolical. Each movie had a bad change that really irked me, as follows:

1. ANH - Greedo now shoots first, while Han awkwardly dodges with his head, looking very much like a Thunderbird puppet. Completely took away the swagger of Han's scoundrel character.
    2. TESB - I thought is was more suspenseful and creative not seeing the Wampa.
    3. ROTJ - Theband in Jabba's palace. CGI was terrible and we really didn't need a "musical number" in star wars, at least not that.