Disappointment

Replies

• Options
    No, I never said that. Is your argument falling apart so quickly you have to make assumptions?
    His lead is questionable

How very assumptious. Also is gearing 5 characters to G9 really such a horrific sacrifice for you? If you're early enough in the game that it takes more than a couple of weeks, then you're early enough in the game that Phoenix has good viability. Of course you could start an alt, prove us all wrong and then find yourself floundering when you can't farm for the Revans due to where the hard nodes are (yes I know you could get allies.) and that you don't have a team to use once you get them, or anything to tide you over that was easy to farm until that point where you could get that many characters to that gear level...
  • Options
    Here's why Thrawn is overrated:

damxveejij6z.jpg

So where does he belong and why, what is it about that image that makes you think he doesn't belong there?
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

I've seen him listed in the same category (Grandmaster) as Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak. There is no way in any Universe that Thrawn is in the same league as these 3. Nice try.

His lead is questionable, his damage dealing is medium, he's squishy, and if you have him modded very fast as many players do, his Fracture (his one very useful & reliable feature) won't last that long.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys **** their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

My advice: Go straight for the Revans

I would put him up there with the characters you mentioned. Also, apart from some Malak solos on GA, trying plugging one of those guys into random teams and see how they do, they aren't as great without their supporting cast. I'd argue Thrawn has far more utility.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Try Thrawn (mod him properly first) , DR and JKR as a fifth in each of these teams:
    CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order
    and for the fun of it, Ewoks.

Let me know which is the most useful.

Heck, toss him into a Darth revan team and watch him make up for a slower BSF in a mirror. Works wonders

But that's what Thrawn is: The best backup QB in the game. Me, I like having Brady & Montana.

What GAC division are you in that you only need 2 teams?
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnald lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

I've seen him listed in the same category (Grandmaster) as Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak. There is no way in any Universe that Thrawn is in the same league as these 3. Nice try.

His lead is questionable, his damage dealing is medium, he's squishy, and if you have him modded very fast as many players do, his Fracture (his one very useful & reliable feature) won't last that long.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys **** their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

I would put him up there with the characters you mentioned. Also, apart from some Malak solos on GA, trying plugging one of those guys into random teams and see how they do, they aren't as great without their supporting cast. I'd argue Thrawn has far more utility.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Try Thrawn (mod him properly first) , DR and JKR as a fifth in each of these teams:
    CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order

Heck, toss him into a Darth revan team and watch him make up for a slower BSF in a mirror. Works wonders

But that's what Thrawn is: The best backup QB in the game. Me, I like having Brady & Montana.

Tecmo Bowl?
  • Options
    Man every post you make a bold statement that's wrong and then become aggressive when nobody agrees with you.

Thrawn is the best plug & play character and you just arent good enough at this game to understand his utility in this game.

The hard truth.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    You’re kidding right?

Thrawn is an immense toon and his fracture alongside TM swap / cleanse / protection regen special makes him a must in every roster.

Maybe yours would be better if you stuck on a zeta and have him more than +90 speed?

His base speed is 150+

He means the mods you have only add 90 speed. You need to be aiming for 120+ as a minimum I reckon. 90 is heartbreaking.

I've had Thrawn around 300 before (then used those mods elsewhere). He's a good character on his own, but farming Phoenix to get him when you could farm better characters to get the superior Revans & Malak, makes no sense to me unless you don't care about getting crushed & just want to farm for sentiment.

Part of the issue is thinking about farming order in the mindset of a veteran player. Sure, phoenix are not great and the Revans are elite teams, but for a new player Phoenix leads you to so many things (including the single best plug and play character in the game):

2 legendaries that can form a core of a solid B level squad(EP and thrawn)
    2/5 of a legendary who is key to a Revan squad (gmy)
    A solid capital ship for early fleet arena
    The core of a very good fleet meta lineup (phx ships and other rebels used for Chimera)

That is a solid list of valuable outcomes from phoenix, which while no longer the only good option for starting, is still the best imo

Whoa, whoa, whoa, so Leef doesn't go out with the wrong shopping list:
    You're better off getting Bossk and his ship right away (and a couple other BHs to have a good BH team over Phoenix, as well as the requirements to get Han's Millenium Falcon - are they ever going to fix his engine from stalling?)
    And I think you just need any jedi to get GMY

I'm one of the very few players who unlocked both malak and gas upon release while being completely f2p, so you don't have to worry about my shopping list.
    If you worried a bit more about your own shopping list you wouldn't be here blaming others for the choices you made.
    Honestly though, you don't seem to understand why people advice phoenix for starters. It appears you just think drevan and jevan are better than thrawn, so the advice for phoenix has to be bad. You could still very well be right about phoenix not being the optimal choice, i honestly don't know, but i wouldn't take your word for it based on your comments in this thread. Mostly because the alternatives you're suggesting are out of reach for new players untill they've got the required player level.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys p-i-s-s-ing their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

Man, I was insulted twice in this post. First I love Thrawn, second I am currently drinking a Coors Light.
  • Options
    Erm, there's a journey guide now. New players can pick their own path to what they want in regards to sqds. I got the big smurf 2nd time around after initial release as I never watched rebels or whatever cartoon, smurf and phoenix were from.
    Is Thrawn over-rated? Possibly now, with the progressive power creep. At 4.7mil gp, do I use him in GA, TW, tb? Yes.
  • Options
    You’re kidding right?

Thrawn is an immense toon and his fracture alongside TM swap / cleanse / protection regen special makes him a must in every roster.

Maybe yours would be better if you stuck on a zeta and have him more than +90 speed?

His base speed is 150+

He means the mods you have only add 90 speed. You need to be aiming for 120+ as a minimum I reckon. 90 is heartbreaking.

I've had Thrawn around 300 before (then used those mods elsewhere). He's a good character on his own, but farming Phoenix to get him when you could farm better characters to get the superior Revans & Malak, makes no sense to me unless you don't care about getting crushed & just want to farm for sentiment.

Part of the issue is thinking about farming order in the mindset of a veteran player. Sure, phoenix are not great and the Revans are elite teams, but for a new player Phoenix leads you to so many things (including the single best plug and play character in the game):

2 legendaries that can form a core of a solid B level squad(EP and thrawn)
    2/5 of a legendary who is key to a Revan squad (gmy)
    A solid capital ship for early fleet arena
    The core of a very good fleet meta lineup (phx ships and other rebels used for Chimera)

That is a solid list of valuable outcomes from phoenix, which while no longer the only good option for starting, is still the best imo

Whoa, whoa, whoa, so Leef doesn't go out with the wrong shopping list:
    You're better off getting Bossk and his ship right away (and a couple other BHs to have a good BH team over Phoenix, as well as the requirements to get Han's Millenium Falcon - are they ever going to fix his engine from stalling?)
    And I think you just need any jedi to get GMY

But you are ignoring that the same team gets you everything on the list, and instead proposing to farm 2 other teams, and not get the core of an empire team (or the better capital ship for BH). But i guess if you want to build a less efficient roster, I look forward to meeting in GAC
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ahnald lol.
    This. :D:D:D
  • Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order

If you want to use a sports analogy its more like the Revans are the star Qb, but thrawn is the greatest left tackle. That QB needs the right weapons around him to look great, but boy that left tackle looks great on any team in the league, and makes any one of them much better.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    @MasterJediBrian dude is your intention on the forums to post nonsensical statements, simply to argue, based on any real reason? No one agrees with you about your dumb clones thread. No one agrees with you about your dumb Barris thread. No one agrees with you period.

I recommend you start a new hobby. You're so angry and I'm sure you could use your energy and frustration for better purposes than to try to set yourself up and defend yourself on this forum.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys p-i-s-s-ing their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

Man, I was insulted twice in this post. First I love Thrawn, second I am currently drinking a Coors Light.

Nice / Gross
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Nice / Gross

Agree
  • Options
    Fracture is one of the best abilities in the game. Thrawn is awesome. Farm what you want though...
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    No, I never said that. Is your argument falling apart so quickly you have to make assumptions?
    His lead is questionable

How very assumptious. Also is gearing 5 characters to G9 really such a horrific sacrifice for you? If you're early enough in the game that it takes more than a couple of weeks, then you're early enough in the game that Phoenix has good viability. Of course you could start an alt, prove us all wrong and then find yourself floundering when you can't farm for the Revans due to where the hard nodes are (yes I know you could get allies.) and that you don't have a team to use once you get them, or anything to tide you over that was easy to farm until that point where you could get that many characters to that gear level...

I love the mechanics of Phoenix, but they are a terrible investment to get to 7* when you can get to the hard nodes without them, developing much, much better characters in the process. And consequently, ships too!

Just wow.
  • Options
    What makes you think that thrawn doesnt belong in grand master tier but gmy or 3p0 does. The arguement that Phoenix is the best start could he a legitimate one. If you go straight for malak and or current meta when starting odds are you can place higher in arena and get the crystal income you need to swing back around and pick up thrawn and other useful characters but thrawn is definitely a grand master character and will be probably until the game dies.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order

What GAC division are you in that you only need 2 teams?

Why would you say such a dumb thing? Would you rather play GAC having the 2 best teams and others after that, or have Thrawn be your biggest gun😑? If the latter, when can I play you next?
    🙏💭"Let it be so!"

Ah, insults. The way of a true Master Jedi. Also, nonsensical ramblings.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnald lol.

I don't see you with millions of hits on Youtube re: swgoh, getting paid for it, and being helpful.

Really helpful.
This discussion has been closed.