Mean Guild I Guess?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Quick Couple of questions @Nihion -

- had you joined an external chat group like Line or more likely Discord for the guild?

- can you read in game chat messages?

If the answer to either or both of those is “no”, you could have been kicked for failure to respond to an instruction or request.

It honestly could have been number one, but I was definitely never given a message about a discord or required chat. The guild chat was pretty dead as well, but I may have missed a message.

I know of some guilds that are recruiting... glances at sig
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Man I'd hate to be in the hospital for 30 hours, get back ok, and find I was kicked because I got out 6 hours too late.

How does it hurt the rest of you if you wait until the event is over to kick? It just seems vindictive otherwise.

There are degrees and activity levels to consider of course. A diligent player that suddenly stops doing the needful represents a concern. Someone who is historically disinterested remaining so during TB despite multiple warnings....I think a different story.

The logical consequence for not doing what you're supposed to in TB is not sharing in the TB rewards.

We've kicked people after TB. I just don't see the point in doing it during. Shrug.

Guess it depends on the person you're kicking. If you disrespect the guild, you'll get the boot faster than you think.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Man I'd hate to be in the hospital for 30 hours, get back ok, and find I was kicked because I got out 6 hours too late.

How does it hurt the rest of you if you wait until the event is over to kick? It just seems vindictive otherwise.

There are degrees and activity levels to consider of course. A diligent player that suddenly stops doing the needful represents a concern. Someone who is historically disinterested remaining so during TB despite multiple warnings....I think a different story.

The logical consequence for not doing what you're supposed to in TB is not sharing in the TB rewards.

We've kicked people after TB. I just don't see the point in doing it during. Shrug.
    The only justifiable scenario I could think of is if you try to tank a phase, you get it to 5k GP below hitting a star, then post it in every banner, command, discord chat to stop and someone goes 'Hmm, we are so close, let me be the hero'.

In that case I'd hit remove in a heartbeat.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Ok there are one or two extreme edge cases, sure.

I wouldn't consider "hasn't logged in for 24 hours" to be one of those.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

The only justifiable scenario I could think of is if you try to tank a phase, you get it to 5k GP below hitting a star, then post it in every banner, command, discord chat to stop and someone goes 'Hmm, we are so close, let me be the hero'.

In that case I'd hit remove in a heartbeat.

Did that one last TB. Personally still didn't want to boot during the TB, but got outvoted.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t know, I may have brown some rule I wasn’t aware of, but I feel like for the future of the game, there should be some fix to make this fair for everyone. There’s no harm to the guild if I get rewards, and if not then it’s only fair that they don’t deserve my contribution. I spent maybe 4 total hours over 6 days on this and all I get is some TB tokens along the way? It might just be me, but that just doesn’t seem fair.

Given the information so far, I’m guessing your inactivity is the reason they booted you

They should’ve waited till you collected TB rewards, however. Even if you missed some important pings and they lost a star by your lack of deployment, it’s still not a good reason to boot anyone
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hey so I randomly got kicked from my guild after contributing to Phase 6 of TB, do they lose all that progression? If not can I please be compensated for this? It’s not really fair.

I know what everyone’s thinking, I did something terrible, but I really truly haven’t done anything out of the ordinary, and I don’t know why they kicked me. I don’t want to come crashing down on the world with the hammer of anger, all I want is some kind of reassurance that the world isn’t all evil. If I don’t at least benefit from the TB, then this seems kinda unfair to me.

I feel your pain.

I was kicked from a guild in the middle of TB and during the waiting period for a payout in the heroic pitt raid. They could not even wait for me to get my rewards after so much work was put into it.

Sounds to me like you are better off away from that guild.

You end up in a really good guild and wish you had been there the whole team :D
  • Options
    If your guild didn’t use discord or some sort of third party chat then just forget about it mate , no loss not being there.
    Without better communication you would of outgrown it quick most likely anyways.

Only thing keeping me in the game is chat outside the game .
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    We have often read your posts @Nihion

You will be valued by many here .

and if your guild chat was dead then leave anyway.
  • Options
    Man that's terrible. But if your looking for a new guild home man we'd love to open the door to you just to check us out.

The balance begins.

We're 175milly guild and looking to get above 180 to get those TW GET2 tokens. Our TW record is 73-35. We've been on a hot streak and looking to continue winning. On a 10 war win streak and haven't lost since november.

Still though. That's messed up to basically strip your gear away.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t know, I may have brown some rule I wasn’t aware of, but I feel like for the future of the game, there should be some fix to make this fair for everyone. There’s no harm to the guild if I get rewards, and if not then it’s only fair that they don’t deserve my contribution. I spent maybe 4 total hours over 6 days on this and all I get is some TB tokens along the way? It might just be me, but that just doesn’t seem fair.

Given the information so far, I’m guessing your inactivity is the reason they booted you

They should’ve waited till you collected TB rewards, however. Even if you missed some important pings and they lost a star by your lack of deployment, it’s still not a good reason to boot anyone

I’ve never been the most active person but I try to be around a lot during TB’s. By the end of my involvement in phase 6 I was at rank twelve in the guild, and I contributed to every phase. A few hours later I checked and my guild was gone. I don’t know, I just found that weird, because I don’t think it was activity. That’s why I think I may have missed a message or something.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    And again I appreciate all of the support!
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the guild just got disbanded
  • Options
    My guild dumped a guy in P4 because he rode in like Leeroy and got the * in the territory we were holding despite banner messages and TB messages and even Discord chat , told him not to do it, he did it and laughed about it. So given boot before rewards for being a ****.
    Don't be a Kyp.
  • Options
    Not that you were, of course. ;)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    My guild dumped a guy in P4 because he rode in like Leeroy and got the * in the territory we were holding despite banner messages and TB messages and even Discord chat , told him not to do it, he did it and laughed about it. So given boot before rewards for being a ****.
    Don't be a Kyp.

completely justified imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't be a Kyp.
    Totally deserved it
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

So..... need a guild?

@NinjaRaven32 already got me set up in one, but thanks anyway!
  • FRAAMC
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    In all honesty and disclosure, I once bounced a member right before rewards were given for a TW. For about 3 months this person kept placing at least 1 squad on the front line that was wayyy under the requirements for gp placed for that section. They also (though not nearly as often) totally disregarded orders and would attack the opposite section he was supposed to. We were very patient. Tried to be nice. Sent NUMEROUS messages to him as well as addressing it in main chat. To make it worse I would see him gear up or request gear so I knew they were online and I messaged him with no response. Like I said this went on for a few months and I finally had enough one TW and after the win I made sure he didn't get any rewards. Childesh for sure on my part, but tbh it felt great
  • Options
    Si0n wrote: »
    Maybe the guild just got disbanded

You need a new guild?
  • Options
    FRAAMC wrote: »
    In all honesty and disclosure, I once bounced a member right before rewards were given for a TW. For about 3 months this person kept placing at least 1 squad on the front line that was wayyy under the requirements for gp placed for that section. They also (though not nearly as often) totally disregarded orders and would attack the opposite section he was supposed to. We were very patient. Tried to be nice. Sent NUMEROUS messages to him as well as addressing it in main chat. To make it worse I would see him gear up or request gear so I knew they were online and I messaged him with no response. Like I said this went on for a few months and I finally had enough one TW and after the win I made sure he didn't get any rewards. Childesh for sure on my part, but tbh it felt great

Not childish at all in fact was well deserved
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

So..... need a guild?

@NinjaRaven32 already got me set up in one, but thanks anyway!

Lol welcome
  • Options

In this situation, getting kicked out after the TB is over will STILL mean you get nothing.

EA has it coded so a player’s TB rewards are sent the first time they login after the TB ends. However, if you were kicked out if your guild between the end of the TB and your login (even if the tb ended hours prior), the game will see your login, check your guild, see you aren’t in one, and you will receive no TB reward.

There are quite a few complaint threads about this, but EA has said it’s “working as intended.” So players can be booted after the TB ends and still have their rewards stolen.
  • Options

lol why would you keep that person in your guild for months?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    @Nihion If you still need a guild then PM me, I can likely get you sorted my friend.
  • Options

Out of curiosity, was all this communication in game? If so, are you aware that people that register accounts and set their age as minors can not see ANY in game chat? Maybe that was the issue.

One of MANY reasons that most established guilds use Discord and Line as their main forms of communicstion.
  • Options
    TL;DR: Don’t refuse an in-game message request from the guild leader.

As a guild officer and TB co-ordinator, I can give the insight of myself and my guild into this issue. We have kicked mid TB before, and would do so again, however kicking *anyone* any time is something we are loathe to do - it is a last resort, because we value our members and their loyalty. As a result, we are full and have very little movement of people in or out. This makes the guild stronger and everyone happier, and management easier. We have discord as a requirement for everyone, though it is honoured somewhat in the breach than the observance for older players (new players have to join discord before they get in now). We have probably 1/3 not active on discord, and even that is a nightmare for us, and we work to improve it.

The latest person kicked mid-TB was not on discord. This makes platoon allocations tricky. He had been told multiple times to join, and why it is necessary. He had a history of limited involvement, and reluctance to follow requests from officers. We have enough IPD to fill platoons, but only just. This guy was one of them. So he has to be messaged separately to “remind” him before every phase that he is required to assign his IPD. This gets done. We need the platoon bonuses in order for some guys to get 4/4 in rounds - we’re not all so strong that regardless we’ll get all missions 4/4 with or without platoons filled. We usually wait on missions until platoons are filled for this very reason (and so that the toons needed for platoons aren’t used in missions). So the entire guild has to wait until they’re filled. The faster they get filled, the more time members have to do missions and deploy on their own time frame. We respect the fact that people are busy (so are we when running TBs!), and we try to give them as much time as possible.

This time, this one IPD was all we were waiting on for full platoons, but we eventually had to get people fighting or we would miss out altogether. Some people didn’t get as far as they otherwise would have. This guy *never* deployed his IPD, so we had 2 wasted platoons of donations, including sacrificed toons that are really needed by some guys - DR, Malak, Badstila - all donated to help the guild at their sacrifice, that got wasted. With his record, that would have been enough for me to kick him mid-TB, but he was given the opportunity to explain what happened (eg he was in hospital). Our guild leader sent him a message in-game.

He declined to accept the in-game chat. When you decline to talk to the guild leader about something - don’t even open the message, and screw your guildies over, guess what? Time for him to leave. Much as we don’t like kicking people, especially those who have toons we need, if they’re not helping with those toons, we don’t lose anything by them not being here.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Again, thanks to all for the support! I’m in a guild now that is very supportive. I think I just had some bad luck, and the guild may have even done a mass kick which would make sense because it didn’t seem personal. But anyway, I agree that being able to kick at any time is important for dealing with off the rails members, and especially with many reminders, any kick is justified. So for the future I hope that we all are in supportive guilds with supportive members, and thanks again!
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

lol why would you keep that person in your guild for months?

We try to be as forgiving as possible. And yes, it does bite us in the a$$ lol