GAC Div 2 Kyber

Prev1
Moorebid
489 posts Member
edited February 2020
Hey all,

So, I've gone 10/11 so far in GAC, all full clears with an avg of 1890 points total per round. The one I lost was by 1 measly point btw 😖
Besides that I've completed about 1/3 of the feats.
When I look at it, if I win the last round with about 1900 points, I'd still be about 500 points short of kyber!
It's supposed to be hard, I know that, but going 12/12 OR 11/12 with at least the better half of the feats seems a bit... steep? No?

Replies

• Options
    Div 2 scoreboard sucks. Only lost 2 matches, all with full clears. Trying to scrape all the feats just to break the kyber 35.5k mark.
    It should be eased by 1k or so points.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Agreed division 2 is the worst! I’ve gotten 1st in every grand arena and second in one and not even aurodium.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    It's much harder for Div 1 and 2......under 5v5 no ships scoring.

Under the other formats it's way easier to hit Kyber than this format. Be glad it's only this one.

Also completing 1/3 of the feats is not very many.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Its not bad if Div 2 matching would stop throwing players into matches with GAS. It really wrenches the whole grind to a halt
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    D1 has the same scoring as D2. This is the same scoring system from a few GACs ago....the 5 vs. 5 maps with no ships. The GACs with ships and the 3 vs. 3 ones are both much easier to get Kyber because they have increased points for winning the round. The feats are a little harder to get this time, especially the multi-stage feat for fleet wins with no reinforcements which replaced the 3 stage undersized feat. Kyber should be hard to attain though.
  • Options
    11/12 not good enough for kyber in div 1 or 2.

11/12 makes kyber in div 3 4 5 6 7 and 8.

Wai of course
  • Options
    Whats the point reward for 3rd tier of fleet arena wins without reinforcement? Its make it or break it for me to reach kyber
  • Moorebid
    489 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Under the other formats it's way easier to hit Kyber than this format. Be glad it's only this one.

Now I know I should've made more of an effort with the feats. I've never really needed them so far tbh. It's my first Div 2 5v5 (no ships) GAC, and didn't know how steep the curve was.
    But still, my point remains. Going nearly perfect to achieve Kyber is a bit too much.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Whats the point reward for 3rd tier of fleet arena wins without reinforcement? Its make it or break it for me to reach kyber

A couple hundred (300-350) iirc?

lucky for you I took a picture of completing it, it is 350 banners.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

A couple hundred (300-350) iirc?

There is actually hope lol
    Thank you very much.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »

Now I know I should've made more of an effort with the feats. I've never really needed them so far tbh. It's my first Div 2 5v5 (no ships) GAC, and didn't know how steep the curve was.
    But still, my point remains. Going nearly perfect to achieve Kyber is a bit too much.

I am 10-1 and 960 points short, which means I can lose this one and still make it.

I wouldn't consider 10-2 nearly perfect.

The bigger problem is the fact that it's much easier (again, under this format only!) in the lower divisions.
  • Options
    Yup, should be the same level of difficulty across the divisions.
  • Options
    I've lost 1 round due to the game crashing at the start of 1 fight losing me my GR team and costing me 20 banners (lost by 17). Looks like this is going to cost me Kyber. CG could at least factor in 1 loss due to bugs and 1 to normal play.
  • Options
    Not sure if the league inconsistencies across divisions and different gac game modes is just bad math or emotional decision making, but it's completely illogical.

Why on earth are ship and 3v3s easier to kyber than 5v5s?

Simply do the math and scale up the total amount of points needed to get to kyber, so it's on par with 5v5s... or scale 5v5s down so kyber is ez mode like the others... whatever, just make it consistent lol
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Talifer wrote: »
    I've lost 1 round due to the game crashing at the start of 1 fight losing me my GR team and costing me 20 banners (lost by 17). Looks like this is going to cost me Kyber. CG could at least factor in 1 loss due to bugs and 1 to normal play.

To repeat, I can make it at 10-2.
  • Options
    Currently 10-1 with defenses set and 2114 points short of kyber with all wins being over 1900 point full clears and the loss being a 1890 full clear. I've done the squad arena feats (got one more to finish for 160 points) but can't do the fleet arena feats since I have to use a rebel fleet still with Negotiators all around me. Some of the feats need better info, don't like having to come here to see which toons are needed. Overall, I think I probably got half the feats.
    This is also my first 5v5 Div 2 and I remember getting kyber every time in Div 3, once with just 9 wins. Getting 11 wins should guarantee kyber, IMO. There are still ranks for final prizes that can reward those who took the extra risk to do all the feats.
  • Options
    I’ve been in D2 since the inception of GAC and I can confirm that hitting Kyber is extremely difficult.

I’ve gone 12/12 on four occasions with at least half the feats completed and 11/12 on more occasions than that and I’ve only hit Kyber once.

You really gotta hit 75%+ of the feats and learn how to utilize undersized squads (3 at most) frequently in order to get up there. If I remember correctly, scoring 1920 points in (which is “perfect”) doesn’t even get you to Kyber
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I’ve been in D2 since the inception of GAC and I can confirm that hitting Kyber is extremely difficult.

I’ve gone 12/12 on four occasions with at least half the feats completed and 11/12 on more occasions than that and I’ve only hit Kyber once.

You really gotta hit 75%+ of the feats and learn how to utilize undersized squads (3 at most) frequently in order to get up there. If I remember correctly, scoring 1920 points in (which is “perfect”) doesn’t even get you to Kyber

I don't see how you've not hit Kyber every time.

Again, I can make it with a 10-2 record this time. I've missed a few feats. My scores generally have been close to 1900 but not over.

If you go 12/12 and are doing most feats you should get there every time, unless your wins are like 1000-720 or something.
  • Options

I've done 3 GA at div2, and 2 GA at div 1. I've been 11-1 once, 10-2 three times, currently 11-0. I've hit kyber every time. I got most of the feats that were GR or Sep themed, but very few Resistance, FO, or sith themed. I've full cleared all but twice. It certainly helps to clear all the squad and fleet arena feats (which I have, not counting the faction specific feats). But the most important is full clearing.

All that said, kyber is just way harder under the 5v5 point structure. They absolutely should increase the points per win by a few hundred.
  • Options
    Currently 10-1 with defenses set and 2114 points short of kyber with all wins being over 1900 point full clears and the loss being a 1890 full clear. I've done the squad arena feats (got one more to finish for 160 points) but can't do the fleet arena feats since I have to use a rebel fleet still with Negotiators all around me. Some of the feats need better info, don't like having to come here to see which toons are needed. Overall, I think I probably got half the feats.
    This is also my first 5v5 Div 2 and I remember getting kyber every time in Div 3, once with just 9 wins. Getting 11 wins should guarantee kyber, IMO. There are still ranks for final prizes that can reward those who took the extra risk to do all the feats.

Check your in-game inbox - Newsletter is in-game with the details.
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It's really tough in 5v5. My first 5v5 GAC (Div 2) was 9-3 Aurodium.

My first Div 2 Kyber was 10-2. I think I mixed up my GMYoda and HYoda in one loss. One needs to work on:
    1) One-shot full clears
    2) Established solo/duo wins (Nest, Malak, DR)
    3) Feats, especially multi-stage ones
    4) Luck in drawing opponents
    5) Study GAC History and use compare tools
    6) Focus, Don't drink and GAC

It's also possible to reach Kyber being half a meta behind (5* GAS/Malak vs 7* ones). Luckily, many players save meta arena teams for offense.

I'm getting Kyber too in my first Div 1 GAC, even with a 5* GAS and mostly F2P. It's tough, exhausting, mentally draining. I see why the devs would want to keep the Kyber Club exclusive.
    Post edited by maraexibil on
  • Options
    Update on my original starting post: I've lost the round 😩 All the crystals to refresh arena down the drain, can't catch up on 1300 points anymore now.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Update - Finished 10-2 and still made Kyber.

Do more feats.
  • Options

Again, I can make it with a 10-2 record this time. I've missed a few feats. My scores generally have been close to 1900 but not over.

If you go 12/12 and are doing most feats you should get there every time, unless your wins are like 1000-720 or something.

Oh goody, Maths time!

(1920 for a flawless clear + 1000 for the victory) * 12 matches = 35,040.

So with a perfect record, you still need 460 points worth of feats to make Kyber, which I'm sure you get just from all those victories (first attempt wins, complete territory clears). One loss means 1000 points worth of feats to make up for. If you're able to make it at 10-2, then you've focused pretty heavily on those feats. At least 2000 points worth.

In this format, making Kyber depends on a lot of things going your way with matchups, feats matching up to your roster, and in-match play/bugs (several examples above - I've lost a match by one on a dodge and won a match today by one, I'm sure as a result of some piece of randomness that could have easily gone the other way).

GAC remains the most effective "reward" nerf they've done (relative to GA), while incentivizing people to spend build rosters without actually getting back value for that investment - based on the reward differential and the frequency of the event. Bloody brilliant really.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Oh goody, Maths time!

(1920 for a flawless clear + 1000 for the victory) * 12 matches = 35,040.

So with a perfect record, you still need 460 points worth of feats to make Kyber, which I'm sure you get just from all those victories (first attempt wins, complete territory clears). One loss means 1000 points worth of feats to make up for. If you're able to make it at 10-2, then you've focused pretty heavily on those feats. At least 2000 points worth.

In this format, making Kyber depends on a lot of things going your way with matchups, feats matching up to your roster, and in-match play/bugs (several examples above - I've lost a match by one on a dodge and won a match today by one, I'm sure as a result of some piece of randomness that could have easily gone the other way).

GAC remains the most effective "reward" nerf they've done (relative to GA), while incentivizing people to spend build rosters without actually getting back value for that investment - based on the reward differential and the frequency of the event. Bloody brilliant really.

I've stated multiple times I believe it's too hard to make Kyber in Div 1/2 for 5v5 no ships, especially in relation to the other divisions. I've also pointed out it's too easy in the other formats, so in fact we're still ahead (just not as ahead as the lower divisions).
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Also they didn't nerf rewards, they changed some amounts and then they added currency that you can buy kyro or finishers with, and then later they increased the amount of currency they award per round and group.
  • Options
    Also they didn't nerf rewards, they changed some amounts and then they added currency that you can buy kyro or finishers with, and then later they increased the amount of currency they award per round and group.

Fair enough. It's hard to compare without an exchange rate. They nerfed the amount of 6E slicing mats received. How's that?

The only thing I would say is that it would be cool if they had a "Championship Best Rank Achieved" for each of the formats. I'm not sure which one they use, but it's not the highest rank (I finished higher in 3v3 than the others and that's not the one listed on my profile). I'm fine with the number being where it is. It's a badge of honor for those players with the roster / skill that can get there.
  • Options
    Div 1 player here. Already made Kyber with 10/11 record and almost all feats done