• Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    cue complaints about a character from a movie made over 2 years ago

More like complaints about forcing a gear dump into a useless character. 7* isn’t the issue at all. It’s the gear dump into useless toons like her.

This was very frequently the case with legs/heros/epics. And on most of these there have been some reworks. Even without that a competetive player can not afford not to have the -new best thing- in the long term regardless of what goes into it.

But there were no hard gear levels. Just power and star levels. During those events many complained about lack of time from FTP farm and requiring a 7* for a character unlock.
    For example I got my OR squad to the minimum reqs because of their zetas (carth, mission and zal) getting them to G11. That wasn’t so bad and their utility for GAC has made the investment worth it.

Without any reworks which remains to be seen I can’t see Rose, RP, Poe, Phasma or FOO really being useful even in GAC

Those reqs were high for the time of their releases...like ewoks (I do my best to use mine in gac, yet I can't anymore), bh, or (cander and carth are rotting in my roster). The pattern pretty much fits.

Carth has been holding weight in GAC for me as a squad burner when I want to go heavy offense. BH is solid on D too at their current levels. Ewoks...well my guild all built them to G12 for fun and they’re still pretty fun to use in GAC as a backup squad for offense against FO.

Idk I just don’t see any use for rose or phasma, Poe or RP.
    I have the gear saved if these new GL toons are game breaking but until everything is out there I’m not rushing to dump it into useless toons.

You seem to have forgetten these now semi-useful secondary teams got where they are due to reworks. If we were to take the past precedent reworks has more likelihood then no reworks and no reworks would be legitimate source of complaint.

Anyway, we are getting ahead, there's still time to get down that. I consider the datamine past the line of -just rumor-. Getting ready to relic up mine and no complaints from me, whatever happens the end goal is the GL itself.

Well to each their own. I’m just waiting until all the info is out there to make a choice. In the meant time I’ll just enjoy all the new content we’ve gotten this year 😕.
  • Options

More like complaints about forcing a gear dump into a useless character. 7* isn’t the issue at all. It’s the gear dump into useless toons like her.

This was very frequently the case with legs/heros/epics. And on most of these there have been some reworks. Even without that a competetive player can not afford not to have the -new best thing- in the long term regardless of what goes into it.

But there were no hard gear levels. Just power and star levels. During those events many complained about lack of time from FTP farm and requiring a 7* for a character unlock.
    For example I got my OR squad to the minimum reqs because of their zetas (carth, mission and zal) getting them to G11. That wasn’t so bad and their utility for GAC has made the investment worth it.

Without any reworks which remains to be seen I can’t see Rose, RP, Poe, Phasma or FOO really being useful even in GAC

Those reqs were high for the time of their releases...like ewoks (I do my best to use mine in gac, yet I can't anymore), bh, or (cander and carth are rotting in my roster). The pattern pretty much fits.

Carth has been holding weight in GAC for me as a squad burner when I want to go heavy offense. BH is solid on D too at their current levels. Ewoks...well my guild all built them to G12 for fun and they’re still pretty fun to use in GAC as a backup squad for offense against FO.

I have the gear saved if these new GL toons are game breaking but until everything is out there I’m not rushing to dump it into useless toons.

You seem to have forgetten these now semi-useful secondary teams got where they are due to reworks. If we were to take the past precedent reworks has more likelihood then no reworks and no reworks would be legitimate source of complaint.

Anyway, we are getting ahead, there's still time to get down that. I consider the datamine past the line of -just rumor-. Getting ready to relic up mine and no complaints from me, whatever happens the end goal is the GL itself.

Well to each their own. I’m just waiting until all the info is out there to make a choice. In the meant time I’ll just enjoy all the new content we’ve gotten this year 😕.

Just hoarding everything till people play the event and we see what this ticket system would be the best choice. I just need to see some visual progress after years of plowing and being pretty bored...not like it'll help me get the gl faster.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Think they'll pull Hux from the requirements because too many people geared him up because of the G12 bug?

Only because I don't see him listed. Could be lower on the list if it's cut-off.

Could be, but more likely he'll be needed for a ship requirement for the Finalizer. So there won't be a hard gear requirement for him but the ship will probably have a power minimum. Meaning: you'll have to gear him up anyway.
  • Options
    With every reveal I move from unlocking Galactic Legend by 6 months.
  • Options

Then why are there more complaints about Rose, who is not confirmed to be required yet, than there are about Resistance Pilot? Gonna try telling me everyone loves RP's kit?

I'd say because there a resistance capital ship now, so resistance pilot would presumably be a good fit to go with it
  • Options
    So one of the most iconic toons from the new movies, BB8, isnt a requirements? This would be very interesting. Whatever though, either do it or dont.

I still want more info on the actual GL kits. If some weak squad can beat it, then there should be blood. Only way to beat a GL should be another GL in a squad. Period.

If that means, boo hoo to those who don't have a GL, then get it done or accept not getting first in arenas.
  • Options

Bring your pandas against my FO, you have 0 chance to win against a relic 5 to 7 FO team. All because of this dumb gearing requirement.
  • Options
    Rose and Resistance Pilot = Trash

They are a total waste of gear.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »

Here's hoping we meet in GAC where I'll have GL Rey and you won't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I'll pretend the datamine is correct. No way they announce she is required prior to their Q&A.
  • Options

Then why are there more complaints about Rose, who is not confirmed to be required yet, than there are about Resistance Pilot? Gonna try telling me everyone loves RP's kit?

No, that’s dumping gear into a useless character too.
  • Options
    I'll relic JarJar before I relic Rose.
  • Options
    I'll relic JarJar before I relic Rose.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    I'll pretend the datamine is correct. No way they announce she is required prior to their Q&A.
    They can just ignore rose related questions :shrug:
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I hope we do so I can set CUP and do nothing...
  • Options

Yes, that’s certainly one battle won. Best of luck in the others!
  • Options

Because she was probably written the worst.

It’s not her fault it’s the writers but basically,

Her Finn love story made loads of people ik mad.

And the obvious reasons aka, Sexism & Racism
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Think they'll pull Hux from the requirements because too many people geared him up because of the G12 bug?

Only because I don't see him listed. Could be lower on the list if it's cut-off.

wait, you think if they had hux as a req they would pull him bc of a bug that they allowed to stay in? and you think people geared him up just bc they could get him to 12 not 11+5?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Piewalker wrote: »

Yes, that’s certainly one battle won. Best of luck in the others!

Thank you!

They better not complain about mm being unfair though.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I hope we do so I can set CUP and do nothing...

New content.
  • Options
    they better make the Vets needed too to at least R5 , they were more part of the movies than anything
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    they better make the Vets needed too to at least R5 , they were more part of the movies than anything

hard pass.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Why is anyone surprised? This all seemed pretty obvious.
  • Options
    Hopefully these characters are as good as they say they are if they want me to relic Rose!!!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Surprised would be if our lazy community manager chimed in anywhere.

about what?

To bring on their personal opinion of Rose and which sw movie sucks the most.

You want the community manager to tell what Star Wars movie they disliked the most? Why?