GAS Bug Fix and impact on Clash on Kamino

Prev1
Exletion
649 posts Member
edited March 2020
So, the event now has the "fixed"/working mechanic of GAS taking his counter before cover. The effect as far as magnitude is concerned is up for debate but it is objectively true that the event is now more difficult compared to what people had to do for the first two unlocks. I'm curious on people's thoughts on this. Obviously those that have him and those that were fully prepared won't have much empathy but to those trying to cheese the event, expectations and ability to unlock at certain levels now might not be possible compared to how the event operated before. I'm not really looking for empathy, just if other people view this as big deal or just a marginal addition that doesn't effect or shouldn't effect much.
Post edited by Exletion on

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Careful you’ll be seen as crying about the event even though you specifically said you aren’t looking for empathy.

But yes, my team is better geared and modded from last time and it’s far more difficult with the RNG and extra damage of that counter.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Got him the first time

Feel bad for players who didn’t get him the first two times because it’s much harder now to unlock him compared to before
  • Options
    compared to the earlier unlocks, this "fixed" version is much more difficult, especially if it comes to low gear unlocks. ofc if u have everyone relic'd, its still very much doable but for the low gear unlocks, which have been doable before, some of them are much more difficult, if not impossible to do...
    i think its just unfair
  • Options
    It was still pretty dang easy. Did it last night in less than 10 minutes

Ha ha what? I unlocked him the last time but this post seems a bit disingenuous.
  • Options
    It was still pretty dang easy. Did it last night in less than 10 minutes

Ha ha what? I unlocked him the last time but this post seems a bit disingenuous.

Welcome to the forums
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/_qtSbaGPKiM
    Whatever the fix was it has another bug. Have a shard mate that can’t even enter the event
  • Options
    This event...I dont have polite words for it...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Merailla wrote: »
    This event...I dont have polite words for it...

But if you use polite letters in the sequence of the impolite word then it’s all good. Lol
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    Options
    How many hours does EA expect one to spend on this event that is only open for three days. I understand wanting to make money on a product for use but be a little considerate towards an individuals available time. If I spend approximately 6 months preparing (farming, gearing up, collecting zeta mats, etc) should I really have to spend 12 hours in attempts to unlock?
  • Merailla
    89 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well, after 7h and 1000s of retreats, rng gods were with me and I did it..It felt so easy...Same mods, same strategy, same gear...Pure RNG fest...well done CG
    (All g12 except for r4 B1)
  • Options
    Likos wrote: »
    How many hours does EA expect one to spend on this event that is only open for three days. I understand wanting to make money on a product for use but be a little considerate towards an individuals available time. If I spend approximately 6 months preparing (farming, gearing up, collecting zeta mats, etc) should I really have to spend 12 hours in attempts to unlock?

Depends, how undergeared are you? I know I was fairly undergeared and it took me ages to get the right order and luck
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I have better than that and can't get past phase 2. Hey, it's only been four or five hours.
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Depends, how undergeared are you? I know I was fairly undergeared and it took me ages to get the right order and luck

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods
  • Options

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

so yeah, gonna take a while. you are very undergeared, as only 1 of those characters meets the "recommended" gear levels.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

so yeah, gonna take a while. you are very undergeared, as only 1 of those characters meets the "recommended" gear levels.

To be fair I did it with less (R4 GK and G11 Sharky) but my 6E mods are probably better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

To be fair I did it with less (R4 GK and G11 Sharky) but my 6E mods are probably better.

What kind of speed did you have?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

Don't remember. I mod swap.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think my mods are that bad. 300 speed for Padme, 260 for C3PO, Ashoka is naturally slow.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

Likos, I just got through Phase 2 pretty easily. Just had to mod specifically to get the stats below. After that, I beat it in like less than 60 seconds

Padme G12+1
    - Health: 47k
    - Speed: 279

C3PO G12
    - Health: 38k
    - Speed: 256

Shaak Ti G12+1
    - Health: 35k
    - Speed: 273

GK G13 R5
    - Health: 64k
    - Speed: 270

Ahsoka G13 R3
    - Health: 36k
    - Speed: 197
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    My strategy went like this:
    1) Padme goes first, target B2, use her special that gives everyone protection. Ahsoka will assist and hit B2
    2) C3PO uses his special and gives Translation to Shaak Ti
    3) Shaak Ti uses her last special and targets GK to give him the buff
    4) GK will have 15 stacks of Courage, so will Shaak Ti. Take out B2 as soon as you can

After this, you just kill the Droidekas. You'll likely kill the Magnaguards with your counter-attack. Don't pay any attention to B1 until the end when he's alone with Grievous and Grievous makes you target B1.

Do your best to keep 3 stacks of Translation of Shaak Ti, C3PO, and Padme. When you're left with GG, keep him stunned and keep reducing the cooldowns of the mass assist attacks.

3 more guildmates tried this and they also get it on the first try.
  • Likos
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

Likos, I just got through Phase 2 pretty easily. Just had to mod specifically to get the stats below. After that, I beat it in like less than 60 seconds

Padme G12+1

C3PO G12

Shaak Ti G12+1

GK G13 R5

Ahsoka G13 R3

Thanks for typing this all out for me, it's appreciated. I have all of that (a bit faster) EXCEPT R3 Ahsoka...
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

Padme G12+1

C3PO G12

Shaak Ti G12+1

GK G13 R5

Ahsoka G13 R3

Thanks for typing this all out for me, it's appreciated. I have all of that (a bit faster) EXCEPT R3 Ahsoka...

Ahsoka needs to be slower than the Droidekas, I think. Just load her up with Health and make her hit hard
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Lio dont suppose you cracked p4?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

Not yet but I'm leaving work in a bit and will settle in and try it out. I'll post my team/strategy here if I can figure it out
  • Jared
    32 posts Member
    Options
    That's what kind of annoys me about this event, it's got pretty much nothing to do with skill or strategy it's all about blind luck. Just happening to get that one time when several things go your way.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

@Damodamo Finally get through P4. I followed Sir Gorgeous' strategy for this one and it worked (after a toooon of attempts). It's a little frustrating because it's very RNG dependent but, with his strategy, it will happen eventually.
  • Options

G12+5 Padme 6E mods
    R5 Kenobi 6E mods
    G12+2 C3PO 6E mods
    G12+3 Ahsoka 6E mods
    g12+1 Shaak Ti 6E mods

I found that turn order helps, with 270+ being the magic number. I had Padme, Shaak, 3PO and then Gen Ken go. I have a relic 4 Gen Ken, relic 3 3PO, and the rest gear 12.