Coronavirus Appeal to CG

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Honestly, with so many millions of people stuck in home and public entertainment closed, this is a great opportunity for CG. Discounts and extra events would 1) help entertain people 2) create loyalty 3) provide positive PR 4) provide an activity to pass the time for players, 5) etc.... there are many many reasons this is a good idea. But come on, you're talking about CG, who is the epitome of greed. They won't do anything to help anyone. :(
  • Options
    I personally dont think discounts and stuff should be done. Buying packs wont help anyone pass time. I do think that there should be content that is accessible with or without energy for free though. Content many players have been asking for for years *cough sandbox mode cough* that way those who want to could play the extra time without getting an advantage over those who dont want to, or despite the circumstances cant play the extra time.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've spent hard to get ready for Gley.

Fixxed. Welcomes!

Sorry, no. I've been hoarding since November. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only november? You noob

Everyone was a noob once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only once? I feel like I fit the noob category everytime I go in squad arena with Farmboy.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    I've spent hard to get ready for Gley.

Fixxed. Welcomes!

Sorry, no. I've been hoarding since November. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only november? You noob

Everyone was a noob once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only once? I feel like I fit the noob category everytime I go in squad arena with Farmboy.

Not so bad v Jawas!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Should I be surprised about someone using thousands of deaths to beg for freebies in a phone game? Unfortunately not.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Should I be surprised about someone using thousands of deaths to beg for freebies in a phone game? Unfortunately not.

Beg? Dude just asked CG to put bit more content into the game because most people myself included are to be isolated at their homes for 14 days (12 left for me). I installed the game back on my device after a year because I had nothing better to do to distract myself, he didn't ask for hand outside he wanted bit more content to help him pass time.

Instead of going after him you should go after this toxic community who are asking for Darth coronavirus and making plague jokes.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I don't think that's quite the point...

There are companies like xfinity giving free cable and wifi during the closures and quarantines, and talk about relief for rent, auto loans, groceries, etc. Asking for a little thing from a company like EA isn't so horrible.
  • Options
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    I am 13/13 for both GL Rey and Kylo. I would welcome anything as a good gesture by CG.

What I expect is the age old saying of crapping in one hand and wishing in the other.... what will fill first.....

Maybe if people would stop crapping on their hands there wouldn't be a pandemic to begin with.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    I am 13/13 for both GL Rey and Kylo. I would welcome anything as a good gesture by CG.

What I expect is the age old saying of crapping in one hand and wishing in the other.... what will fill first.....

Maybe if people would stop crapping on their hands there wouldn't be a pandemic to begin with.

f36vbzti8ux3.gif
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    There’s a couple reasons they may delay the event for the GL’s.

First, the packs won’t be nearly as profitable from now until after the pandemic has been lifted. A LOT of people just lost jobs and i don’t imagine that with whatever limited income they will be getting now from unemployment insurance that spending on a mobile game will be priority at all. Trends also show that when an event drops, people spend. If they don’t spend then, they’ll get past that initial urge to want to quickly catch up, slow farm, and then be ok with it, like with GAS.

Second, EA announced today that they want all staff to work from home. I’m not sure how this will affect the roll out of the event where the staff can’t all be together to test it and have the top equipment to work on the game likely to be found only in the office. That part i’m less sure of because i honestly don’t know what all is needed to create and update and run this game. I’m assuming an entire software office can’t be easily run from home, and if it can, it can’t be as effective as having everyone together in the same space to quickly fix mistakes and brainstorm.

If the event is totally ready to go, i’m sure it would be easy enough to update the game from a timed roll out and be done with it. Just knowing how Darth Revan got delayed makes me think that they do work on fine tuning these things up to the last minute.. so for those reasons i’m just not sure it’ll be launching on schedule. It won’t affect my progress regardless either so this isn’t a knock at people who are ready to try to boil their blood.
  • Options
    Dear Devs,

Please, no handouts nor shortcuts.

Thanks.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! CG doing something for it's player base?!

HAHAHAHAHAAH!

Bugger I need to go to the toilet now....
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Dear CG

Can we have a free GL Rey ?

Thanks

What if I want a GL Kylo instead?

Too bad. Youll get rey and like it

Honestly at this point I'll take it. Cuts future farming in half.
  • Options
    Any kind of "help" would be nice (doubledrops or whatever), but there is one important point which will avoid this:
    - it makes no money B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

There are companies like xfinity giving free cable and wifi during the closures and quarantines, and talk about relief for rent, auto loans, groceries, etc. Asking for a little thing from a company like EA isn't so horrible.

If companies that provide necessary services want to give people a break during a time of crisis I understand. And offering free WiFi isn’t a necessity. They are giving people something to do while stuck at home. Fine. But... you can already play this game... for free. I do. Just keep doing that.

The point is, the OP is begging for completely unnecessary free stuff, and it’s gross. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go to a jewelry store, an electronics store, and a Mercedes dealership to try to guilt trip them into handing out freebies.
  • Options
    Nah this is capitalist america, if you want a handout move to sweden.. Oh wait, you cant leave either.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Anarkid wrote: »
    Nah this is capitalist america, if you want a handout move to sweden.. Oh wait, you cant leave either.

Just shut it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

If companies that provide necessary services want to give people a break during a time of crisis I understand. And offering free WiFi isn’t a necessity. They are giving people something to do while stuck at home. Fine. But... you can already play this game... for free. I do. Just keep doing that.

The point is, the OP is begging for completely unnecessary free stuff, and it’s gross. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go to a jewelry store, an electronics store, and a Mercedes dealership to try to guilt trip them into handing out freebies.

9e1k3pixkkfz.png

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dear CG,

Now that interest rates have been reduced to 0%, please increase the crystal prices by 3% to offset these bountiful times

Thanks

How much of a shill can you possibly be
  • Options
    Anarkid wrote: »

Or if you want a handout in America, just be in an industry that's either irresponsibly created its own collapse, or irresponsibly neglected to protect itself financially against possible negative outcomes. Apparently, the only acceptable form of welfare in this country is Corporate Welfare.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Closed.

This is off topic, and not a fruitful conversation.
    Post edited by Kyno on
This discussion has been closed.