Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Feels anecdotal to me.

Happened to me last round and last gac. Some more anecdotes

Has happened to me a few times. You basically are screwed. Enjoy the loss. Sucks. But oh well
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hello everyone! We've removed a good amount of comments that started to derail the thread. Please remember to keep things on topic or we are going to have to close the thread.

EA_Joz
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Feels anecdotal to me.

Happened to me last round and last gac. Some more anecdotes

Has happened to me a few times. You basically are screwed. Enjoy the loss. Sucks. But oh well

Yup
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    No developer intentionally releases bugged content

Said by someone who doesn’t understand how software development works.

@ImaSmakya

Please elaborate on your basis for this comment. While there's a lot of room for interpretation in Ultra's comment, I'm assuming she meant that a developer wouldn't knowingly release a critical bug knowing that it would adversely impact their customer's ability to use their software. Anyone that has worked in software fully understands that to be true, and that is the context in which her response was made.

Are there cases where low priority issues are found past a reasonable point to address and released so they don't prevent higher priority functionality/bug fixes from being released as well? Certainly.

Was your dismissive and patronizing response to a well written and thought out post deserved, or are you just having a bad day and think you know something about software development and the release management process for a title with millions of unique users?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    When your closer to kyber this seems to increase. I think It's meant to make it more challenging...

Stop spreading stuff like this, it's not helpful.

Thats opinion

Conspiracy theory with no basis in anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When your closer to kyber this seems to increase. I think It's meant to make it more challenging...

Thats opinion

Based on personal experience. Without the crashing I would have made kyber several other times as well. Although maybe in winning more than I should because of the game crashing on my enemies. Either way for the most competitive newest mode to be bugged, especially when the top level rewards are for only people who go near perfect seems intentionally structured that way to me. I mean devs havent said that they didnt intend for ot to be like this have they?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thats opinion

Based on personal experience. Without the crashing I would have made kyber several other times as well. Although maybe in winning more than I should because of the game crashing on my enemies. Either way for the most competitive newest mode to be bugged, especially when the top level rewards are for only people who go near perfect seems intentionally structured that way to me. I mean devs havent said that they didnt intend for ot to be like this have they?

You're right, they never said they didn't make the game crash more when you get close to kyber, therefore they must have done exactly that.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yeah, CG is ignoring bugs on purpose.
    But look how fast they rework a toon (-> Hux) when he's able to counter their money maker. Anyone remember Malak snafu?
    No "new" content, but players still invest money in this game. They work less, you pay more (-> Galactic Legends)

No you're missing the point. Bobcat is not claiming they ignore bugs on purpose, but that they actually make the bugs on purpose, which somehow makes them money. And I have to prove they don't.

What a day.

I'm not sure I claimed they intentionally make the bugs on purpose... that's giving them way too much credit. But i feel like they do intentionally ignore the bugs.

Maybe it’s there somewhere, but I see no post of bobcats in this thread where he states they intentionally create bugs. TVF is the first one to state anything of that nature. Ignore is probably the wrong term, it usually comes down to prioritization, but there are all sorts of reasons for not fixing a bug.

You get to fight the enemy teams...

Fight vs the dropped battles

Fight against lost points...

Fight vs customer service...

Constant fighting what else could we want. It's a fighting game and the struggle is real.

That’s a stretch at best, but expected. He specifically said that’s not what he meant, but you ran with it anyway.

This post aged poorly.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Yeah, CG is ignoring bugs on purpose.
    But look how fast they rework a toon (-> Hux) when he's able to counter their money maker. Anyone remember Malak snafu?
    No "new" content, but players still invest money in this game. They work less, you pay more (-> Galactic Legends)

No you're missing the point. Bobcat is not claiming they ignore bugs on purpose, but that they actually make the bugs on purpose, which somehow makes them money. And I have to prove they don't.

What a day.

I'm not sure I claimed they intentionally make the bugs on purpose... that's giving them way too much credit. But i feel like they do intentionally ignore the bugs.

Maybe it’s there somewhere, but I see no post of bobcats in this thread where he states they intentionally create bugs. TVF is the first one to state anything of that nature. Ignore is probably the wrong term, it usually comes down to prioritization, but there are all sorts of reasons for not fixing a bug.

You get to fight the enemy teams...

Fight vs the dropped battles

Fight against lost points...

Fight vs customer service...

Constant fighting what else could we want. It's a fighting game and the struggle is real.

That’s a stretch at best, but expected. He specifically said that’s not what he meant, but you ran with it anyway.

This post aged poorly.

Stop injecting your bias! If you hadn’t been the first to bring this up and put it into bobcats head, we could move on!

giphy.gif
  • Options

Thats opinion

You're right, they never said they didn't make the game crash more when you get close to kyber, therefore they must have done exactly that.

It doesnt always have to happen right before you make kyber, not everything is absolute.

it can happen in week 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

Your very good at taking what someone says applying your own thoughts and making it an extreme case then arguing against what you have personally implied.

U should run for office.
  • Options

Thats opinion

It doesnt always have to happen right before you make kyber, not everything is absolute.

Your very good at taking what someone says applying your own thoughts and making it an extreme case then arguing against what you have personally implied.

U should run for office.

Wait, so now you are saying the frequency of crashes does not relate to how close to the kyber threshold you are? That was the entire basis of your initial post...
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Adding an "intentional crash" mechanic would not incentivize spend. It would do the opposite. I know we're in strange times right now, but does all logic and common sense need to go out the window?
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options

Thats opinion

U should run for office.

I'm reminded of a famous line from Wargames right now.

Enjoy your Tuesday.