A droid optimization quandary for you min-maxxers out there. :)

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited March 2016
There are currently two droid-related happenings (at least for those on Android, sorry iOS guys, I don't support that, though your input is still valued here.)
1. A daily event that can rewards training droids and droid shards.
2. A daily set of 2 cards that can reward droid shards or (presumably rarely) a full droid character.
Key Point: You are sitting on enough shards to get HK-47 and IG-88 to 4*, but neither is activated.
Which would you do?
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

A droid optimization quandary for you min-maxxers out there. :) 25 votes

Do the events and if you pull a full character from the packs, it will just be more shards
76%
Ser_Phoenixcosmicturtle333D_MillennialHeHateMeWildcats1203AzraelrulezWillkimm98Ello_AstyRyAshBoba_The_FetterInternetSwagMikymatePhippsToonnyReynardDylanLaLiamThyskSikhoPsykopatDahl 19 votes
Hold off on doing the event, hoping to pull a full HK-47 or IG-88 from the packs
24%
Mephisto_styleStevoPlague_IncNerfherder17KamikazeRhombusBex 6 votes

Replies

• Options
    Hold off on doing the event, hoping to pull a full HK-47 or IG-88 from the packs
    I am on iOS so I have no access to the event but here is a thread from a guy who already beat the highest tier. It sounds like the rewards aren't great but he doesn't explicitly say what they are.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20806/android-event-first-look-and-completion#latest

As for the poll, I don't think this is going to be a recurring event so if the rewards don't appeal to you and you don't mind gambling for the full character from the spring packs then I say do that. The most valuable prize appears to be the achievement that yields 350k credits.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well the cards I am going to pull anyway.
    The question is whether to activate the guys I have now to do the events that can only drop shards, or take my chances on pulling a full character. A full HK-47 if he's unactivated is worth 48 more shards than if he is. A full IG-88 is worth 25 more.
    But I might never pull either, in which case I gave up doing the events for nothing.
    I need keen minds. :)
  • Options
    Do the events and if you pull a full character from the packs, it will just be more shards
    Get both the cards and the ability mats. Methinks you have a hoarding problem. Hoard the extra shards to work on Vader from the shard shop. BTW, totally missed the cards, just got it now thanks to this thread.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Here's the thing though: if I pull HK-47 from a card and he's not activated, that's 48 extra shards which is probably close to the amount I'd get from doing the events for their entire duration.
    But yeah, I do have a hoarding problem lol.
  • Options
    Why not try the packs for a week and if u don't unlock either full character, activate yours and do te tier 2 challneges for the remaing week
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Claudey - That could work.
    Another idea I just thought of... I can unlock IG-100 in a couple of days in Cantina (even though he is junk) and then unlock IG-88 and use the "IG"s for the event and hope I pull an HK full character.
    But I'd have to do the 2* version.
  • Options
    In those days that it takes you to unlock ig100 u can get a better sense from the rest of the forum of what the full character drop rates are and decide from there what ur next move is. Its a gamble whatever u land up deciding
  • Options
    I'm going to farm 100 for a bit....do the 2* at least. Then see. Doing the 6* isn't worth the credits. Already have 86 & 88 maxed.
  • Options
    Remember that this is EA. They advertise that you can pull a full character from the packs, but in reality it's probably about a 1/1000000000 chance
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Well the cards I am going to pull anyway.
    The question is whether to activate the guys I have now to do the events that can only drop shards, or take my chances on pulling a full character. A full HK-47 if he's unactivated is worth 48 more shards than if he is. A full IG-88 is worth 25 more.
    But I might never pull either, in which case I gave up doing the events for nothing.
    I need keen minds. :)

Yes that is what I was saying. If you don't want to do the event and you don't need the droids then don't activate them. :)
  • Options
    Remember that this is EA. They advertise that you can pull a full character from the packs, but in reality it's probably about a 1/1000000000 chance

From my personal experience, I would agree. But since I've seen how lucky my wife is in her Bronzium pulls compared to my 8x Chromiums and way more Bronziums than her and the response of other lucky chaps here on the forums, I beg to differ. Luck favors the lucky. Did I just say that, lol!

On a different note: Evil EA, but no less evil than any other successful commercial venture at the same scale. Personally, I was much more ethical when I wasn't as successful as I am now. True story.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    I'd activate him and do the event. I mean they actually added content. Not a LOT of content and for a solitary platform but still. Besides all 3 of those toons are easily farmed so it's not like you're dealing with a 4* hard node/chromium/cantina shipment toon.

Plus if you activate them you'll be guaranteed to draw a full character card. If you do not then you'll only get shards. Because RNJesus is a cruel master.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    iOS user
    I bet odds of full character are slim, maybe better than bronz pulls but nothing to miss the free stuff over. I bet statistically in the long run you'd have more net shards doing it this way.
  • Options
    I had a similar situation. Maxed ig88 and maxed ig86. No shards for hk47 nor ig100. I have farmed both. I activated ig100 to at least get the first level of droid event. I will wait and hope for a hk47 toon to drop rather than activate my shards.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Plus if you activate them you'll be guaranteed to draw a full character card. If you do not then you'll only get shards. Because RNJesus is a cruel master.

I was thinking along the same lines. I hate RNG in general, and if I sit around not doing this event hoping to pull a full character, every day I don't it will drive me nuts. :)
    I am still considering the IG-100 route.. but that does require putting 2 days of Cantina into what is not exactly considered the best character around..
    Thanks for all the replies all.
  • Options
    Do the event~
  • Options
    I finished the event. It is absolutely not worth droiding up for the shards. I got 2 shards for HK, 88 , and 86
  • Options
    i had a max ig86 and had hk at 4* 1 level and magagard at 4* 1 level

dropped about 200k to lvl them up to 36ish and put their abilities to 3

event is just another challenge

beat 2 tier twice got some t droids, 4 ig 86 shards i dont need ... but pulled 2 purple mats - so totally worth it

• Options
    i had a max ig86 and had hk at 4* 1 level and magagard at 4* 1 level

dropped about 200k to lvl them up to 36ish and put their abilities to 3

event is just another challenge

beat 2 tier twice got some t droids, 4 ig 86 shards i dont need ... but pulled 2 purple mats - so totally worth it

What do you mean twice? You can run the tiers again?
  • Options
    I just stopped by to write "Those aren't the droids your looking for..." You know before someone else says it, or posts a meme. :/
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookie - I almost put that in the title but decided it's been done enough. ;)
    No news on a pack! Guys, you are killing me here! :)
  • Options
    @BentWookie - I almost put that in the title but decided it's been done enough. ;)

There will be a droid pack released mid event, but it will be for Apple only. 2njkas7.jpg
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

There will be a droid pack released mid event, but it will be for Apple only. 2njkas7.jpg

LOL! I'd actually have to bow to their sheer amusing evil if they did that. :)
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've seen how lucky my wife is in her Bronzium pulls
    This is the answer. As Azraelrulez suggested, have his wife draw cards for your account.

But seriously, make the decision now. The longer one waits, the less the value of the event.

Assuming 2 daily events over 14 days with guessing an average of 2 droids and 3 shards and 0.5 purple mats per attempt, that is 56 droids and 84 shards and 14 purple mats
    Guessing the cumulative odds over 2 weeks of 14/280 of drawing a HK full toon (worth 80 shards), so the value is 1/20 * 80 = 4 shards.

With each day that passes, the value of the event diminishes numerically faster than the chance of unlocking a full toon.

However, some people value the "thrill" of gambling. If that's the case, then the calculations change.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing some of the math.
    If the odds of a full char are that low then I should definitely do the event. Especially since the marginal value of the full character unlocked is only 48 shards, not 80.
  • Options
    It's almost half and half for me. It will be 4 days before I have HK47 unlocked, so I might get him in that time.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    It's almost half and half for me. It will be 4 days before I have HK47 unlocked, so I might get him in that time.

This. So naturally its not going to happen and I will get four of his shards to almost help unlock him 6 hours sooner, but be a waste anyway (got one today so I'm on pace for four lol).
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Has anybody done the second and third tier? How hard are they? The three jawas at tier 1 never even killed my lvl 1 gear 2 ig100 lol
  • Options
    sid wrote: »
    I've seen how lucky my wife is in her Bronzium pulls
    This is the answer. As Azraelrulez suggested, have his wife draw cards for your account.

Hahaha, tried it, her mojo just doesn't transfer! Sitting on 263 shards of Bariss, doing as many missions as possible on auto instead of simming for the extra ally points, but no Bariss drop yet. Pulled a Teebo just when I had collected less just 2 shards to 7 star my 4 star one :lol! So now I have extra shards which can be exchanged for Vader, only no intention of wasting the resources to max Teebo right now :disappointed:.

@Qeltar, so you decided yet?