the TW matchmaking is a problem. a lot of guilds exploits this matchmaking, sandbagging, going with less players, and enjoy easier fights. it shouldn't happen.
I'm not sure if you are now realizing that there's a problem (cause in one Q&A I saw that one of your devs don't understand what's the problem..) so I'll explain:
a guild of 300M GP, has a few not sign up, they go with active GP of 260-270M, and face a guild with 260-270M GP.
the guild with 300M GP have fewer players, but it doesn't matter, they have much much more mods, relics, and super top teams like GL Rey/Kylo. A HUGE advantage to the 300M guild with fewer players.
so when will you fix the sandbagging issue? there are many solutions for it.. you can:
- Create more brackets and "punish sandbaggers" that go lower bracket
- you can make it mandatory for all 50 (maybe not so good idea, but will increase competitiveness)
- you can change the matchmaking to prioritize number of players also... guild of 300M that sandbagged 10 people to 240M, won't face 240M guild, but face a guild with 9-11 missing players, at 295-305M Gp. it will create much more even matchups, and won't punish anyone actually.
- you can make the zones still 25 even if a guild comes with 40, and that might help a bit to the weaker guild, cause the sandbaggers need to place more on def.
- you can, but you won't do, make the rewards much better and worth joining.