Crashes during GL events no provision for ticket refund

Prev1
Lozsta
195 posts Member
Seems there are a number of complaints of crashes during GL events. These can be frustrating when they are in TW/GAC/Arena but if you have spent a good amount of crystals to get the tickets required it can be more than frustrating.

The standard line is:

"sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, we can't refund the Light Side tickets used for the battle due to a game crash."

I assume the same goes for the dark side too.

Given that following their troubleshooting guide does nothing to help the situation when it happens and having followed their instructions to the letter only to have crashes happen mid battle why did they not provision the ability to refund tickets.

Their offer of 200-500 crystals does not go anywhere near to compensating for the loss if you farm say 30 in a day. They should offer that on top of the amount that person used to farm the tickets.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is most likely not offered due to the possibility of abuse.

Battle doesnt go the way you want, force close the app, request return on the tickets, try again.

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Also I've seen plenty of TW and GA complaints about this, but first time I've heard it for GL.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Also I've seen plenty of TW and GA complaints about this, but first time I've heard it for GL.

You mean like this one almost exactly the same time as I posted mine?

Or this post in EA Answers:

Crash during Cinematic

Or this person who posted on Reddit:

Who had a crash on iOS

This is not limited to on device or OS this is an issue of the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lozsta wrote: »

You mean like this one almost exactly the same time as I posted mine?

Or this post in EA Answers:

Crash during Cinematic

Or this person who posted on Reddit:

Who had a crash on iOS

This is not limited to on device or OS this is an issue of the game.

Probably a combination of things, because at this point it doesnt seem to be wide spread.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Except there is no mechanism for compensating for it. Wasting days of refreshes to be shafted by a crash should not happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lozsta wrote: »
    Except there is no mechanism for compensating for it. Wasting days of refreshes to be shafted by a crash should not happen.

Again, that is likely due to how the game operates and they are not going to open that up to abuse.

I understand it's a bad situation to be in, but there's not a simple solution.
  • TMO
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This is a problem that should be fixed asap. I lost 70 tickets when i was on the cusp of defeating Rey (ios crashed) that would have been 7/10 tokens for me. The bad thing is I spent $ on crystals for refreshes ect for days. If I cant be compensated for an error due to bad coding I will just become a growing member of the F2P population. Guess well see if there is a fix and if not not a huge deal just saved me hundreds of dollars per month. #Galactic Lives Matter
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TMO wrote: »
    This is a problem that should be fixed asap. I lost 70 tickets when i was on the cusp of defeating Rey (ios crashed) that would have been 7/10 tokens for me. The bad thing is I spent $ on crystals for refreshes ect for days. If I cant be compensated for an error due to bad coding I will just become a growing member of the F2P population. Guess well see if there is a fix and if not not a huge deal just saved me hundreds of dollars per month. #Galactic Lives Matter

Bad coding?

What coding caused this, what was the exact issue that should be fixed?
  • TMO
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Bad coding?

I don't get paid as a software engineer from CG so that is their problem to fix. They can choose to fix it or frustrate players that spend money to pay there salaries. This is not an isolated incident and has happened to several players. Doesn't sting as much if I am F2P and loose something due to errors in the game but when you spend hundreds a month on anything you expect a level of service/commitment/stability. #Galactic Lives Matter
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Bad coding?

I don't get paid as a software engineer from CG so that is their problem to fix. They can choose to fix it or frustrate players that spend money to pay there salaries. This is not an isolated incident and has happened to several players. Doesn't sting as much if I am F2P and loose something due to errors in the game but when you spend hundreds a month on anything you expect a level of service/commitment/stability. #Galactic Lives Matter

Have you considered that it may be your connection? Crashes happen in games, any game, and they suck, but any compensation for individual instances allows for exploitation.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TMO
    18 posts Member
    Options

Bad coding?

Have you considered that it may be your connection? Crashes happen in games, any game, and they suck, but any compensation for individual instances allows for exploitation.

Definitely not my connection, it is app related. I guess it falls onto customer service. I pay for a service and when that service fails or is lacking I can ask them to remedy the problem and if nothing is done I can choose not to spend my hard earned money on that service. Spending money on CG virtual currency is a luxury not a necessity to play the game. I will still enjoy the game as F2P but I can see a growing trend of frustrated customers doing the same.
  • TMO
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

This is true, friend of mine just lost his GAC by 5 point, which he would have won if his game didn't crash, he is using iphone 11 pro max 64gb. Pretty annoying honestly, it's a rare glitch but has happened to me too in TB and TW so far

Also had it happen in TB for Wat shards a day or so ago but I am not spending $ on TB so it sucks but not soul crushing lol
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Most likely a seperate issue to what is happening with in gane crashes, somethijg that does seem to not be related to connection quality or version of device.

But has anyone found the game less stable since GLs habe been introduced? Not saying by result of them but over the last several updates the game seems more likely to need to be reloaded if you move to another app, even for a few seconds.
    There was a time where i could load into a raid run, check my email, watch a full youtube video, go between several apps and return to swgoh. Now? Even switching to one other app is risky business.

Just curious as to how shared this experience is.
  • Options

This is true, friend of mine just lost his GAC by 5 point, which he would have won if his game didn't crash, he is using iphone 11 pro max 64gb. Pretty annoying honestly, it's a rare glitch but has happened to me too in TB and TW so far

Also had it happen in TB for Wat shards a day or so ago but I am not spending $ on TB so it sucks but not soul crushing lol

So your game is crashing across multiple game modes, but it couldnt possibly be an issue on your side?

I get it sucks, and its extremely annoying when they happen, but crashes happen to everyone in all games.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TMO
    18 posts Member
    Options

So your game is crashing across multiple game modes, but it couldnt possibly be an issue on your side?

I get it sucks, and its extremely annoying when they happen, but crashes happen to everyone in all games.

Not on my side, has happened on 2 different devices both IOS. I have not one issue with any other app on either device And can’t even ever recall something crashing on the. It’s not constant crashes has happened only 2 maybe three times but it’s happening. Possibly IOS related but can’t be sure of that but is still a CG issue.
  • Options
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg
    Maybe not related, but get this at least 10 times a day. Whether I’m on wi-fi or LTE data.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg
    Maybe not related, but get this at least 10 times a day. Whether I’m on wi-fi or LTE data.

That's a connection issue due to high traffic, while it could contribute, I dont think it would cause a device crash.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg

That's a connection issue due to high traffic, while it could contribute, I dont think it would cause a device crash.

Yet "check your connection" is one of the troublshooting guide points...
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    I get that error all the time. That error is separate from battle crashes, which I never get.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg

Does anyone want to launch a GoFundMe campaign to help cover the cost of upgrading the servers to be able to handle the traffic?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg

Does anyone want to launch a GoFundMe campaign to help cover the cost of upgrading the servers to be able to handle the traffic?

You do realize traffic issues can happen at more locations than just the servers right?
  • Mitch08
    303 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    6nc6b5a6rdpq.jpeg

I think not spending money is a much better solution. Used to spend absolutely obscene amounts of money on this game.
    I've felt much better about the countless issues now that I'm F2P.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I face this issue. I lost meta teams when it is a sure win (MOST annoying is fleet in GAC)

However I had been doing this work around. You can try it to see if it lessen the game hang / crash / time out.

- before proceeding to any important battles, close all apps and restart SWGOH

That will force SWGOH to be in syn with whatever program that is being pushed down.

As for the lose... Sorry man... Can't help with that...
  • Options
    CG,

I was playing the GL Rey event, tier 3. I successfully completed the combat portion of the event and the cinematic dialogue in the end was starting when the game hard crashed. The tickets were spent and the 50 rey shards were not rewarded. I contacted support and in no way were they willing to help other than report the bug for me.

I have been spending $4 in crystals every day to get these tickets and I find it absolutely unacceptable that this isn't something that can be addressed. That crash cost me $8 worth of energy refreshes. I plan to continue farming in this way but I want to know that my purchases are protected from game instability. I can understand crashes, but these are VERY high stake crashes. This is real world money. I don't think this is the customer experience you want you base to have. Please tell me there is some course of action that can be taken to help your customers. All I would ask for as a customer is a refund on the LS tickets I lost due to the crash.
  • Options
    This is the first crash I have had in many months. Events like these do need provisions. Keeping it from being abused is not my issue. I made a calculated choice to purchase with the expectation that I would get a fair shot at the event. If you paid $8 for something and it immediately broke... wouldn't you expect a replacement at a minimum? Would you expect to be told "tough luck, try and buy another one in a couple of days"?
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I get that error all the time. That error is separate from battle crashes, which I never get.

Same here

I used to get battle crashes like crazy last summer and then after one of their patches they just stopped.

Now, for the past month or so, I get the spinning wheel or that connection error constantly.

Fix your game CG

While I agree that the connection errors should be fixed, whatever they are, my point related to the thread was that OP's complaint is almost certainly related to OP's device or signal, and not something that should be compensated.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Options
    It is most likely not offered due to the possibility of abuse.

Battle doesnt go the way you want, force close the app, request return on the tickets, try again.

What about if you have a screenshot of an error message from the game before close? Personally I haven't had it happen during GL attempts but I've had it happen during GAC where it tells me the client needs to be restarted from an error.
This discussion has been closed.