Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Their lack of communication about the double standards speaks volumes.

Healthy communication is impossible without openness, honesty, and integrity.

Healthy communication is missing because CG is without openness, honesty, and integrity.

I for one, am no longer supporting this game.

May CG fail.
  • Options
    There is an impressive amount of angry people in this thread. Too bad cg either doesn't care or won't read it.
  • Options
    I am thoroughly expecting a tone deaf response like 'We've heard your feedback and as a make good, we will be discounting packs by 5% for the next week"
  • Options
    They'll probably deny that interaction between the player who got banned and Lucifers_Daddy to cover their butts. They'll also probably say something like "We cover these issues on a case by case basis and we believe since Ahnald is a major figure in the SWGOH community, that he should not be blatantly breaking our ToS to cover the game. We have talked to him (silenced him by threatening to ban his personal account) and things are okay now."
  • Options
    I'm not going to vent my anger. I'll just leave these statements:

Kneeling is not a symbol of solidarity, it is a symbol of submission.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last." - Winston Churchill
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Karste
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, this situation is very messed up. Some serious reforms are needed in policy and fairness.
  • Brawnin
    35 posts Member
    Options
    jman1234 wrote: »
    They'll probably deny that interaction between the player who got banned and Lucifers_Daddy to cover their butts. They'll also probably say something like "We cover these issues on a case by case basis and we believe since Ahnald is a major figure in the SWGOH community, that he should not be blatantly breaking our ToS to cover the game. We have talked to him (silenced him by threatening to ban his personal account) and things are okay now."

What about ending game changers, taking away test accounts, lying to game changers when MSF came out, threatening legal action against Ahnald based on a fake contract, not releasing any quality content, not communicating with their community, not able to release a road ahead on time, negotiations with cheaters even though there is apparently a “zero tolerance policy” shall I continue? This is much more than just an Ahnald ban.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Brawnin wrote: »

What about ending game changers, taking away test accounts, lying to game changers when MSF came out, threatening legal action against Ahnald based on a fake contract, not releasing any quality content, not communicating with their community, not able to release a road ahead on time, negotiations with cheaters even though there is apparently a “zero tolerance policy” shall I continue? This is much more than just an Ahnald ban.

Honestly I don't care about any of those things. It's the negotiating with a known cheater that I find disgusting.
  • Brawnin
    35 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Honestly I don't care about any of those things. It's the negotiating with a known cheater that I find disgusting.

And you are absolutely right to be disgusted by that. That undermines the integrity of the game even as a stand alone issue.

The other issues I mentioned are just a sample of so many examples of CG’s mistreatment of the community. Things that are near unheard of from any other studios.
  • Options
    It's really a bad decision.He is by far the most active and viewed content creator for this game. It's because of him, mostly, that we have Arena Meta, GAC teams analysis and counters

It is most likely CG is trying to silence things up so they can shutdown the game. No more critics, no more advertising.

This ban is a direct offense to the community, not only because it's him getting banned, but the lack of response and responsibility on behalf of CG support team, who ignores him and simply ignores the community as well.

The best that CG could do is get in touch with Ahnaldt and settle things right.
  • Brawnin
    35 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

It’s actually all related and speaks to their belief and culture that they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

A lot of the stuff he mentioned and you don’t care about helped lead up to their audacity shown in their thinking that negotiating with a cheater is ok and justifiable.

It’s a perpetuating culture and attitude that will only get worse unless drastic measures are taken by either the customers or EA or both.

Good points @ZAP
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

It’s actually all related and speaks to their belief and culture that they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

A lot of the stuff he mentioned and you don’t care about helped lead up to their audacity shown in their thinking that negotiating with a cheater is ok and justifiable.

It’s a perpetuating culture and attitude that will only get worse unless drastic measures are taken by either the customers or EA or both.

Banning someone for breaking ToS is their prerogative. Smart PR? Probably not, but their right nonetheless.

Letting a cheater off with a week suspension AND letting said cheater choose the week? That's what we should be angry about.
  • Options
    Negotiate with cheaters but ban your top content creator's account. Selective enforcement. CG is pathetic. I lost all respect and they have absolutely zero integrity after this.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ahubbard58 wrote: »
    Negotiate with cheaters but ban your top content creator's account. Selective enforcement. CG is pathetic. I lost all respect and they have absolutely zero integrity after this.

So you agree both should be banned?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Banning someone for breaking ToS is their prerogative. Smart PR? Probably not, but their right nonetheless.

Letting a cheater off with a week suspension AND letting said cheater choose the week? That's what we should be angry about.

I’ve stated several times my opinion on the Ahnaldt account banning. He brought it to their attention, they really had no choice but to ban it. One thing I’m glad they didn’t do was to move the country of origin on the account for him, as that would be nearly as bad as what they’ve done with the cheater. Make an exception cause it would benefit them.

But Brawnin didn’t mention the Ahnaldt thing, he mentioned several things they have done that you said you don’t care about and that you only are mad about the cheating negotiation.

I simply stated most of the things that Brawnin mentioned was all about an attitude and culture they seem to have that lead to them thinking that negotiating with a cheater was ok.

The negotiating with the cheater is not an isolated incident, it’s been done several times, but only with spenders. It’s not a one off, it’s a belief that the ends justify the means and you don’t get there overnight.

When you said "it's all related", while posting in a thread called "ahnalds account", I just assumed...

I'm glad you agree there was no choice but to ban him. People are complaining about selective enforcement, when they're actually upset that the selective enforcement doesn't favor them or who they like.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I’ve stated several times my opinion on the Ahnaldt account banning. He brought it to their attention, they really had no choice but to ban it. One thing I’m glad they didn’t do was to move the country of origin on the account for him, as that would be nearly as bad as what they’ve done with the cheater. Make an exception cause it would benefit them.

But Brawnin didn’t mention the Ahnaldt thing, he mentioned several things they have done that you said you don’t care about and that you only are mad about the cheating negotiation.

I simply stated most of the things that Brawnin mentioned was all about an attitude and culture they seem to have that lead to them thinking that negotiating with a cheater was ok.

The negotiating with the cheater is not an isolated incident, it’s been done several times, but only with spenders. It’s not a one off, it’s a belief that the ends justify the means and you don’t get there overnight.

When you said "it's all related", while posting in a thread called "ahnalds account", I just assumed...

I'm glad you agree there was no choice but to ban him. People are complaining about selective enforcement, when they're actually upset that the selective enforcement doesn't favor them or who they like.

Any thread made about the other issues will be deleted. The Ahnaldt issue raised the other issues that I find far more disturbing, namely, not just the one instance of negotiating with cheaters, but now several other accounts of it.

I knew about all the things they did to the GCs and always felt that was a bad move, but put all this together and now it’s easy to see how they could believe that negotiating with cheaters could be justifiable and something worth doing for them, despite publicly telling us the exact opposite.

I couldn't care less about the GCs. But I am glad it brought the negotiating thing to light. Even though Bulldog did first 2 weeks ago and nobody seemed to care.
  • Aka_mannah
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If anything this speaks to is the culture of the company CG. Having had a temp ban myself for a "bad word in my name" (which is actually part of star wars vernacular, which was also my IGN for almost 2 years) I can speak to how these things are handled. There was no initial correspondence regarding my temp ban, no communication, just a flat ban, also CG inserted a derogatory name (non profane) as a punishment and initially would not allow me to change my name back. After discussion with LD the ban length was reduced and I was able to change my name.

If there was time taken to have a discussion with me, a nobody then the largest YouTuber of the community is also entitled to a conversation.

The fact that rules where broken, is just that, a fact, the fact that there was a discussion on a zero tolerance policy is absolutely aberrant, it's not only a real gauge on the professionalism of the organisation but also a show of disrespect towards the community as a whole...

Without this game CG studios would be worthless, we pay the wages, we pay the bills, to slap the whole community in the face, not by the temp ban to ahnalds account, but by negotiating with a know ln cheater is just the worst bit of corporate greed in the mobile gaming world... It's as bad a loot boxes, I mean in game packs...

Grow a pair and address the community.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Any thread made about the other issues will be deleted. The Ahnaldt issue raised the other issues that I find far more disturbing, namely, not just the one instance of negotiating with cheaters, but now several other accounts of it.

I knew about all the things they did to the GCs and always felt that was a bad move, but put all this together and now it’s easy to see how they could believe that negotiating with cheaters could be justifiable and something worth doing for them, despite publicly telling us the exact opposite.

I couldn't care less about the GCs. But I am glad it brought the negotiating thing to light. Even though Bulldog did first 2 weeks ago and nobody seemed to care.

I never saw bulldog bring it up, this was the first I heard about it. Why do you care now and not when bulldog brought it up then?

I'm glad you asked.. I didn't know he brought it up at the time. I only found out after looking into everything after all the outrage over ahnald. My point being that the negotiating with cheaters got very little attention, but ahnald getting justly banned is apparently a bigger deal.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I never saw bulldog bring it up, this was the first I heard about it. Why do you care now and not when bulldog brought it up then?

I'm glad you asked.. I didn't know he brought it up at the time. I only found out after looking into everything after all the outrage over ahnald. My point being that the negotiating with cheaters got very little attention, but ahnald getting justly banned is apparently a bigger deal.

It’s not surprising really, Ahnaldt has more followers than bulldog, these forums or any other single source of info out there.

Kind of odd no one brought up the cheating issue here though.

Exactly