Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    AverageTed wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Neil wrote: »
    Hi CG Devs, If the road ahead is definitely coming in June why didn't we get a date, Or has it got potential be cancelled again at the end of June!!!

It's out for approvals, which is probably why they dont give a date, things like that take time and may bring about changes that also take time. So to put a date on it when its out of their control to hit that mark would likely be a bad idea. Stuff happens, but people rarely understand that.

This combined with the reactions here proves they should have never said there was a schedule to being with.

Or maybe expecting a company to know the future direction of their product and issue regular, frequent updates to their consumers about same is not unreasonable.

Why frequent? And what is considered frequent with the development cycle that a game like this at this point in its life has?

They used to communicate less often in bigger chunks, but changed that to post more frequently....

Because maintaining regular contact with an active consumer base is a good way to foster goodwill amongst your players. They are objectively bad at communication compared to other games. That isn't even debatable.

I agree with what you said, but you didnt answer my question.

Also other games like this are not at this age, things do change.

Kyno, Im tired of the age comment. Reason would dictate:
    age would be great for SWGOH due to the amount of star wars lore that that can pull from so content for years released at a steady pace.
    age would be great because the studio have worked out the kinks in their communication chain
    age would be great because they have a big player base, with opportunity to grow due to more Star Wars media coming.
    age would be great because they have a set plan along with a back up plan in case plan A fails.

Saying age is a reason for the huge delay in content SCREAMS they have a problem with their "framework" or "spaghetti code" that they have denied. A game that is in the 1 billion dollar category should NOT have all the issues that we are currently dealing with(looking at you unending loyalty, lack of content, horrible GL event, disappearing buttons, giving cheaters special treatment, lack of communication, great artwork, laggy gameplay, etc etc...) The reason we have all these issues is purely mismanagement on an epic scale.

They even stated they failed in 2019...and now...over half way into 2020, we are in the EXACT same position as we were then...its sad really.

I understand, but when comparing to other games in a different stage of their life, age does matter and that's what I was pointing to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »
    Hi CG Devs, If the road ahead is definitely coming in June why didn't we get a date, Or has it got potential be cancelled again at the end of June!!!

It's out for approvals, which is probably why they dont give a date, things like that take time and may bring about changes that also take time. So to put a date on it when its out of their control to hit that mark would likely be a bad idea. Stuff happens, but people rarely understand that.

This combined with the reactions here proves they should have never said there was a schedule to being with.

Or maybe expecting a company to know the future direction of their product and issue regular, frequent updates to their consumers about same is not unreasonable.

Why frequent? And what is considered frequent with the development cycle that a game like this at this point in its life has?

They used to communicate less often in bigger chunks, but changed that to post more frequently....

Because maintaining regular contact with an active consumer base is a good way to foster goodwill amongst your players. They are objectively bad at communication compared to other games. That isn't even debatable.

Things do change, but I think the way that CG has handled this Road Ahead post just seems like the "Years to come" plan is quickly turning into "a couple months left" plan. I'm not trying to suggest that's true, but that's the perception I get. People are starved for content because they continue to push their planned communication back. Yes, they may have had a few posts in between communicating a character or ship coming to the game. But that wont tide over the game's population. I really hope you're right and the road ahead comes out in the next week. The community needs it.

The RA or SoTG is all based on living things. The larger plan that they discussed is like connect the dots. These updates are the lines between and they are not always straightforward. They cant announce or commit to thing that are not at that stage and they announced the delay.

Players wanting more doesnt mean it's easier to deliver. If as they have said these tools are going to make it possible for them to deliver more, then from some perspective it's worth it to push things around to finish this commitment.

• Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

If i understand what you are saying is:

1 - They are working on improving the back end to increase the rate at which they can deliver content
    2- This means that they are not currently working on new content per say and that new content is far off

Am I right?
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Azza wrote: »
    @Kyno

1 - They are working on improving the back end to increase the rate at which they can deliver content
    2- This means that they are not currently working on new content per say and that new content is far off

Am I right?

Not that Kyno necessarily knows, but that feels like the safe assumption here. What they've been working on is the stuff that will allow them to push new content more quickly, not necessarily the content itself.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Kyno, Im tired of the age comment. Reason would dictate:
    age would be great for SWGOH due to the amount of star wars lore that that can pull from so content for years released at a steady pace.
    age would be great because the studio have worked out the kinks in their communication chain
    age would be great because they have a big player base, with opportunity to grow due to more Star Wars media coming.
    age would be great because they have a set plan along with a back up plan in case plan A fails.

Saying age is a reason for the huge delay in content SCREAMS they have a problem with their "framework" or "spaghetti code" that they have denied. A game that is in the 1 billion dollar category should NOT have all the issues that we are currently dealing with(looking at you unending loyalty, lack of content, horrible GL event, disappearing buttons, giving cheaters special treatment, lack of communication, great artwork, laggy gameplay, etc etc...) The reason we have all these issues is purely mismanagement on an epic scale.

They even stated they failed in 2019...and now...over half way into 2020, we are in the EXACT same position as we were then...its sad really.

I understand, but when comparing to other games in a different stage of their life, age does matter and that's what I was pointing to.

Its still a horrible argument. CG should be act like the veterans they are in the gacha game industry...and they haven't been in years now.
    As I said before, the problem is horrible mismanagement by those that run this game. Maybe its because the key bigwigs left, maybe not, but there is a huge problem that needs to be fixed.
    The fact that its been over 6 months since we have had a road ahead is evidence of that.

We didnt get a Q and A in May and June isnt looking good either.....we didn't get a state of the galaxy in May....We have a dev tracker which hasn't been updated in 6 months. We do not know why SWGOH is the only EA game without sanctioned Gamechangers. Age of the game has no hold on those issues, yet we still have them.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Not that Kyno necessarily knows, but that feels like the safe assumption here. What they've been working on is the stuff that will allow them to push new content more quickly, not necessarily the content itself.

I understand that. It's just that people are expecting the June road ahead like it will finally be the sea of content they promised back in January.

The reality is probably that the base reconstruction is taking WAY more time than expected and that the june road ahead will just be another platitude with nothing new in June. If it comes on the 1st or 30th of June makes little difference. They won't be much in it...
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

I understand that. It's just that people are expecting the June road ahead like it will finally be the sea of content they promised back in January.

The reality is probably that the base reconstruction is taking WAY more time than expected and that the june road ahead will just be another platitude with nothing new in June. If it comes on the 1st or 30th of June makes little difference. They won't be much in it...

I think it's plausible that we'll get the first piece of content that uses the new backend within a week or two of its release. But it's unlikely to be June. Next Title Update (which would be required for the work they're doing) is slated for approximately July 8th.
  • Options
    Just patiently waiting for the June update to be moved to 2021 with all the ”new content”.
  • Options
    Tbh the last meaning full content we’ve had delivered was Geonosis and that was how long ago now?!?
    No new raid (been shelved)
    No comms
    No road ahead
    🤷🏻‍♂️
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh the last meaning full content we’ve had delivered was Geonosis and that was how long ago now?!?
    No comms
    No road ahead
    🤷🏻‍♂️

About 7 months ago for the cancer that is the LS Geo TB.

Honestly i probably won't make it through the next one, no point in playing something I despise and I hate that TB most of all in this game
  • Options
    This next road ahead better be mind blowing awesome sauce. MSF is looking better and better daily. Fix Your Game or let it die
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No comms
    No road ahead
    🤷🏻‍♂️

are you kidding?
    geonosis is only a reskin of hoth, only an old content that looks different
    even both unsimmable raids were a reskin of the pit
    the last new content was LS-hoth in 2017, cause DS-hoth is also a reskin

play the game, but don't expect new content
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Options
    No new content since 2017 ay?
    Here i was thinking GAC came out after that
  • Options
    DemonR wrote: »
    No new content since 2017 ay?
    Here i was thinking GAC came out after that

yes you are right if you think a single player territory war was somehing new
  • Options
    CG: #takecareofourcommunity
    🤬
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You say June road ahead but It is April’s road ahead. We got nothing all Quarter. Next month is a new quarter right? I thought they weren’t even allowed to tell us what was going on more than a quarter ahead of time due to regulatory reasons
  • Options
    all we get from recent road a head and Q&A is something like “maybe we are working on something and we may(not) tell you (or when it is scrapped for unknown reason). we have nothing over half a year.

if they are working on something that would take over half a year to do should be huge and surely there must be something they could show us.

better be a good road ahead.
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Options
    We have had more updates about delaying the road ahead then we have about actual information for the game!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Again, we dont know, but from everything we have heard and my speculation they probably could have released the RA last month (pure speculation) but the content would have been "way off" and the announcement would have been very lack luster.

I think they delayed it to allow it to be more of an introduction ( and to have a more firm.idea of when they would be ready) to what will be launched much closer to this RA than if it had been announced last month (I know that sounds "not smart", but I cant think of a better way to word it), but for all I know, you could be correct and they could be announcing it and it still be off in the relative distance of the normal RA announcements...... not sure, because again, they dont really share exact details, we hear little bits and pieces of things about this, and even those are vague
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Again, we dont know, but from everything we have heard and my speculation they probably could have released the RA last month (pure speculation) but the content would have been "way off" and the announcement would have been very lack luster.

I think they delayed it to allow it to be more of an introduction ( and to have a more firm.idea of when they would be ready) to what will be launched much closer to this RA than if it had been announced last month (I know that sounds "not smart", but I cant think of a better way to word it), but for all I know, you could be correct and they could be announcing it and it still be off in the relative distance of the normal RA announcements...... not sure, because again, they dont really share exact details, we hear little bits and pieces of things about this, and even those are vague

Disagree. MSF told us of PVP months before it actually came and people were cool with the wait and excited to know it was coming. This waiting 6 plus months with almost nothing is a horrible game plan....and then to kick the can down the road further is even worse.
  • Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

we hear little bits and pieces of things about this, and even those are vague

Who is "we"?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Disagree. MSF told us of PVP months before it actually came and people were cool with the wait and excited to know it was coming. This waiting 6 plus months with almost nothing is a horrible game plan....and then to kick the can down the road further is even worse.

You must be new here :smirk:

I understand and am just speculating,
  • Options
    Its kind of upsetting that we are sitting waiting for a post, which will let us know there is more waiting. We had almost nothing in May, and I feel like June is more of the same after what felt like months of nothing. Geez.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Extremely new. So...did they offer you a real job yet?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Kyno

Am I right?

Extremely new. So...did they offer you a real job yet?

I have a real job, they couldn't afford me.

But .maybe I'm wrong and it's still out in the span of the normal RA, as I said.
  • Options
    Would love to see that road ahead or any communication out of CG.
  • Options
    Any chance we'll get an update on what to expect from the game in the next couple weeks? The game is getting really stale, especially with all the content being targeted at heavy spenders. I've been playing for a few years, but I'm still months away from getting the galactic legends, so I've got little to look forward to. We're still waiting on a state of the galaxy post.. since March? It'd just be nice to hear something from the developers. If they found time to stir everyone up with these TOS bans, then they should have time to address the folks paying their bills.