Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I put quite a lot of money into this game daily. Since they banned Ahnaldts account, I spent not a single cent! The whole situation and the way they threat their community and player base is not acceptable anymore! Do your job CG or you will vanish in the world of developers!

So you were fine with the lack of content, lack of communication, bugs, poor pack value, negotiating with cheaters, but CG upholding their ToS is your final straw?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    CG :
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

After internal review, we decided to unban Ahnaldt101 and refund him all his money and give him 100 free zetas, 20000 crystals and a 7* KAM.

See you at the holotables!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    odd that no one has made a thread about ahnold until now
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I put quite a lot of money into this game daily. Since they banned Ahnaldts account, I spent not a single cent! The whole situation and the way they threat their community and player base is not acceptable anymore! Do your job CG or you will vanish in the world of developers!

So you were fine with the lack of content, lack of communication, bugs, poor pack value, negotiating with cheaters, but CG upholding their ToS is your final straw?

If all the first things were not an issue I am sure people would have already got over this. Yes this was the final straw but the final straw could have been anything.
  • Options
    CG :
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

After internal review, we decided to unban Ahnaldt101 and refund him all his money and give him 100 free zetas, 20000 crystals and a 7* KAM.

See you at the holotables!

I’m well past that fix. It’s time to revamp your policies and prices. @CG hello?
  • Byrdka
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Did someone check on CG and make sure they still there? Maybe they all won the lotto or all got sick and had to take time off...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Reagan wrote: »
    Person breaks the Terms of Service
    Person gets banned for it

What is there to say?

Just because the person in this scenario is a celebrity it doesn’t warrant any special response

They don't ban others for the same circumstance. They give proven cheaters lesser punishments.
    I've spent thousands like many others on this game and I'm done unless they fire CG or at least replace everyone in charge.

#FIRECG #FIRECAPITALGAMES #EAFIRECG #DISNEYFIRECG #BobChapekFIRECG #AndrewWilsonFIRECG #AndrewWilsonREADTHIS #BobChapekREADTHIS #FREEAHNALD

Who haven’t they banned for the same circumstances? Have you reported a known account transfer owner in game?

All those guys that log into your account to do mods for you and all thise people that allow and pay for them to do it for starters.

But hey ignore what you want. This is a topic about several issues that this action brought to light.

Also you cant open a new thread its just merged with this one as the ban spawned it all.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Those who say it’s all about Arnold getting banned.

NO. Watch his video.

He would have accepted it BUT the fact they treated him differently from people who actually cheat in game. And even show us where CG made a deal with a cheater just because he/she is in the beta and spending money. Favouritism at best.

If it was any other game, no negotiation, instant permaban. I would be peeved off if the cheater I reported just walk away with a slap on the wrist.
  • Mol9961
    71 posts Member
    Options
    There is a huge string of one star rankings hitting the App Store in regards to cg devs.
  • Options
    Person breaks the Terms of Service
    Person gets banned for it

What is there to say?

Just because the person in this scenario is a celebrity it doesn’t warrant any special response
    To me, that is not the point. The point is that they negotiated with a cheater. Do you think that’s a good idea?
    But people are demanding a response because the biggest thread on the forums is someone’s account got banned...

Your innocence is so cute
  • Options
  • Options
    Paywalls everywhere for garbage content then ban most popular influencer - stupid move CG - not another dime from me either
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    I'm sorry for asking this but who is Ahnalds?

A nobody that everyone is up in arms about apparently

Sounds like someone is sour grapes

Pretty sure 150k more people know who he is than know kokie
  • Options
    Probably the worst thing to happen to the game right here cg nice move 10/10 as always *facepalm*
  • Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I find it interesting that Kyno had a lot to say in here this morning regarding the cheating negotiating, specifically questioning whether the negotiations with IN Skywalker happened before or after CG publicly stated their zero tolerance cheating policy. Once it was pointed out that it happened 4 months after CGs statement, he has been radio silent in here ever since.

What could he say that ppl would bother to listen to? Nobody will care until CG speaks up.

He’s the only PR dept they have?

His job is to move posts and ban offensive posters. Not be the face of CG.

You’re obv not paying much attention then. He had a lot to say this morning when he thought the negotiating happened before the policy was announced.

First, this is not my job, I actually have work to do at times.

Second, as I said there I was looking for information not passing judgement on the negotiations.

Some people believe that screaming profanity is a good way to deal with things, some feel that the best way to deal with a situation is to collect as much information as possible and try to have a rational conversation with other in an effort to understand and work towards literally anything that is better for the community.

To each their own.

You had an opinion on the matter when you thought the negotiating happened before the policy announcement. It was, well that was the past and they updated their policy.

So, what’s your opinion now that you know it didn’t go down like that, but the opposite?

No need to badger him. Or gloat over his missing a piece of key info.

I worked for the evil empire. One of the biggest financial institution in the US. They got caught creating fake accounts using people's info to make quotas for bonus. And lied and lied and lied about it. When people asked me where I worked, it wasn't cool. Like one of their first questions about my work was if I was involved. Guilty by association right? I started to just up front say No, I know but I had nothing to do with it I never worked in the retail areas. It got tiresome.

I don't really at many times agree with Kyno's stances. But Kyno isn't the issue here. And no need to press upon him for this company's misgivings and mishandling of things. Or try and have him bad mouth capital games.

And I don't normally come to the defense of moderators, as they do quite well themselves. But if my situation is anything similar I can tell you a bit about how he feels and how those comments sound.

I will say CG, you need to check yo self before you wreck yo self.

I believe we worked at the same retail financial institution. I was demoted and looked down upon while working there because I refused to do what others were doing just to make the managers and corporate bigwigs their bonuses. That’s not what I thought I was getting into when I started and I still can’t believe I stayed as long as I did. Anytime you’re dealing with money and the privacy and security of citizens and their information, it gets serious.

I also feel like Kyno is doing his best here. He’s very much in a no-win situation.
  • Options
    I support Ahnald
  • Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    leejak wrote: »
    Why playing SWGOH if AhnaldT101 isn't covering content anymore? He was the last hope to keep me playing, sorry CG, your buisness plan is more than a bad one! I love the good old Star Wars, but SWGOH is not worth playing it anymore! If AhnaldT101 is coming back -> i'm coming back! .... he's content was like watching a good movie in the theatre! All the love to AhnaldT101!!!

More like Sharknado on Scifi

But to each their own

Like Sharknado with the volume up as high as it can be and everyone yelling throughout the film.
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    nickyc123 wrote: »
    Why are people so hurt about this? Its mot his account. that account breached ther terms of service we all agree to. So it gets banned.

Second, the whole to test teams is a weak excuse. Talk to your arena shard. And set a certain team to see how it works. Problem solved. And you dont have to use someone elses account.

Also, if youre going to freak out this much and threaten to quit or stop spending money over ahnald? Then shut up and do it. These are the same things people said about the galatic legends. No one forces you to play or pay. Get over it. He used someone elses account and got caught

Stop being cry babies and grow up.

People are raging because there is proof of negotiation with proven cheaters to get their accounts back into the game while they ban another for account sharing or more accurately taking over an existing account while putting money into it. Both are against the ToS but in your opinion which is the offense more deserving of a permanent ban?

Both should be banned. I dont pay attention to cheaters. If you wanna cheat or account share or anything thats against the TOS you are going to pay the price at one point or another. Its your risk. Its your fault for getting caught. They arent going to find every cheater. It wont happen. Just like every person who defrauds someone doesnt get caught. But they do their best. At least theyre trying.

And its just like any judicial system, its a case by case basis. It isnt perfect but it helps.

Besides, if you really have to cheat or account share in a GAME, then i think you have to look at your life as a whole.
  • Rex76
    26 posts Member
    Options
    ChemEng303 wrote: »
    lehbatpkii wrote: »
    AhnaldT101 was not the reason I started playing this game but he’s the reason I keep playing. Without him I would have lost interest months ago. He has essentially replaced the content CG can’t seem to find a way to make. And he responds to the community. If he goes, guess where I go?

I 2nd this comment. Same goes for me. I was just about ready to spend a good chunk of change to work towards getting a Galactic Legend too thanks in no small part to Ahnaldt101's videos. Not any more, unless they remedy this ASAP.

While I appreciate everyone’s opinion, I fall on the other side. He was one of the reasons I almost stopped playing. The info was often good, but his tone, volume and overall persona was just too much to make his videos watchable. I just decided to depend on readable content and my sanity has stuck around because of it.
  • Options
    Stop fanboying and use your brain. He broke the ToS and admitted to it. CG has every right to ban him. While they aren’t consistent at all with the punishments(which they need to improve on by specifying exactly to the letter what type of punishment will be meted out for each offense), they need to set an example and if they unban this guy how do you think that’ll look to the rest of the people who have been banned for the same offense/will be banned in the future for that offense?

CG is in between a rock and a hard place with all the crying going on and I do not envy their situation right now.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people so hurt about this? Its mot his account. that account breached ther terms of service we all agree to. So it gets banned.

Second, the whole to test teams is a weak excuse. Talk to your arena shard. And set a certain team to see how it works. Problem solved. And you dont have to use someone elses account.

Also, if youre going to freak out this much and threaten to quit or stop spending money over ahnald? Then shut up and do it. These are the same things people said about the galatic legends. No one forces you to play or pay. Get over it. He used someone elses account and got caught

People are raging because there is proof of negotiation with proven cheaters to get their accounts back into the game while they ban another for account sharing or more accurately taking over an existing account while putting money into it. Both are against the ToS but in your opinion which is the offense more deserving of a permanent ban?

Both should be banned. I dont pay attention to cheaters. If you wanna cheat or account share or anything thats against the TOS you are going to pay the price at one point or another. Its your risk. Its your fault for getting caught. They arent going to find every cheater. It wont happen. Just like every person who defrauds someone doesnt get caught. But they do their best. At least theyre trying.

And its just like any judicial system, its a case by case basis. It isnt perfect but it helps.

Besides, if you really have to cheat or account share in a GAME, then i think you have to look at your life as a whole.

But again the issue here is the response to the cheater was to mention his good standing and give him the ability to pick when hed like to be banned for a week.

Thats not taking a stand against cheating, its looking at the financial history of the cheater and not wanting to lose his money.

But when it comes to ahnald.... well they are fine losing his money because he very publicly points out when they screw up or when the community should avoid a product.

Its not that he broke a rule... its that the rules are not fairly acted upon by CG across the board.

Should ahnalds account be banned... yes
    Should that cheaters account have been banned... yes it should have, but instead they wanted rhe money and to keep him in "good standing".

Thats the issue.

You either have rules or you dont.
  • Options
    Mayhem wrote: »
    “He” didn’t get banned nor did “his” account, an account he “acquired” from somebody else and was using did, when he submitted a bug report and tried to get a region transfer on it.

Exactly. He literally shoved an illegal account in their faces.

Nobody can hear that logic, though.

Is ccyrils the only other guy with logical thinking on here?

Lol. Here comes the hate mail
  • Options
    Did Ahnald break the TOS? Maybe
    Was his offense big enough to permaban the account? Possibly
    Should he have been banned, when cheaters are not? A BIG FAT NO
    But it doesn't really matter what they did to Ahnald, they need to be consistent with what they do.
    Cheating is worse than account sharing, but gets treated lightly. That is just plain wrong.

But CG/EA, I will help you a bit to find a way to mend the situation :)
    5-step program:
    Step 1: Demote/Fire the employees that enable cheaters.
    Step 2: Change your anti-cheating policy. Don't negotiate, but simply permaban cheaters.
    Step 3: Bring back test accounts or a sandbox mode. This benefits the community, which in turn benefits the game.
    Step 4: Embrace critique. This is seen as a threat, when it's really a way to know what can be improved.
    Step 5: COMMUNICATE with and LISTEN to the community.

Also really quick, where are all these thousands of cheaters that didnt get banned at? Got some proof?
  • KSals
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Is capital games or EA going to do anything?
  • Janth
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Hello, If you guys are seeing this (management of cg), please come out from your cave and release a statement about last events that hapened in last week. We need you to comunicate with us and listen to what we need. Failing to do this it will have some repercusion to your game.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    KSals wrote: »
    Is capital games or EA going to do anything?

Probably not. Hence the anger and frustration
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

But again the issue here is the response to the cheater was to mention his good standing and give him the ability to pick when hed like to be banned for a week.

Thats not taking a stand against cheating, its looking at the financial history of the cheater and not wanting to lose his money.

But when it comes to ahnald.... well they are fine losing his money because he very publicly points out when they screw up or when the community should avoid a product.

Its not that he broke a rule... its that the rules are not fairly acted upon by CG across the board.

Should ahnalds account be banned... yes
    Should that cheaters account have been banned... yes it should have, but instead they wanted rhe money and to keep him in "good standing".

Thats the issue.

You either have rules or you dont.

It seems like for the most part people arent mad about ahnalds bought account being banned but that "cheaters" arent being held to the same standard. Which is completely understandable. But is this event of cheating youre talking about happen very recently? Like within the last month or two?
  • Options
    The only repercussions we can inflict would be hurting their wallet. They do not care about anything else. To hurt their wallet, we will need EVERYONE (or at least a huge majority) to stop spending on this game. Sadly, this will never happen. People enjoy paying for abusive relationships, I guess.