Luke’s Journey

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Endor leia would be pretty cool, she was pretty good in the Chewbacca event IIRC.... I think there was a generic toon also in that event? Could be a marquee toon that could come out.

Making him a legendary and making a GL Luke down the line would be a smart play. The Legendary JL would also give folks something to work towards and do nothing with for a while until they start making content at least.

We can roll out raid since they said one isn’t coming anytime soon.

This could be an award for the single player mode they mentioned before.

Could also be a new reward type character, similar to DV was. They would likely make it P2P friendly but still make it doable for FTP. (This is one of the things they f’d up with a GL).

I don’t think we get another GL this soon. Especially since the fire hasn’t stopped burning there yet. That was a big miss IMO and it didn’t nearly go as well as I imagine they planned it would.

The most likely scenario to me seems legendary.
  • Options
    R7 Lobot
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Make the characters require relics and make it difficult. But everyone should have a chance to get Luke without spending insane amounts of money.

These two sentences are not compatible.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Been looking at the video and thinking back to CLS. It’s funny that people have been complaining about it being Empire’s anniversary and that they are releasing Jedi Luke. 3 years ago on the anniversary of A New Hope, they released an event where you played through the movie and then received a character from the next movie (CLS). This makes me think that this is not a Hail Mary pass time try and distract from EA’s current scandals, or a sign of the end of the game, but actually part of a planned release strategy. (If you recall, they followed a similar cadence with JTR, going through Awakens to release the Last Jedi version of her) If it is, I expect this to probably be a hero’s journey similar to both CLS and JTR. Looking at the video it shows 4 scenes, Hoth exterior, Hoth interior, Dagobah and the freeze chamber on Bespin. I would guess that we have a hero’s journey doing something like this:

Tier 1: Hoth CLS (or maybe new Hoth version of Luke) vs Wampa
    Tier 2: Hoth exterior Hoth Han/Chewie vs probe droid
    Tier 3: Hoth interior, Han, Chewie, ROLO, 3PO and Hoth soldiers vs Hoth troopers, Veers, Stark and maybe Vader
    Tier 4: Dagobah - Luke (maybe Honda and R2 too) vs Vader in the force tree
    Tier 5: Bespin interior Leia, Lando, Chewie, Lobot 3PO(?)/R2 escape from Bespin
    Tier 6: Freeze chamber Luke vs Vader.
    This assumes that it is a 6 tier journey ala CLS, but there may be another stage I haven’t thought of yet)
    I think, possible “new characters” could be Hoth Luke, Bespin Leia, or cloud city guards (if they go that route) or they might not choose new toons but simply increase the reqs for the toons to be relic’ed.
  • Options
    It would then allow them to do a Galactic Legend event of ROTJ resulting in Jedi Master Luke and Vader as the prizes (and if they follow the same cadence, this would be in 3 years time)
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Wish i hadn't seen this thread :)

Hermit Yoda would be a giant FU to tons of people. Malak and GAS are a priority for pretty much everyone over yoda now. Others wanted wampa....but since the other two a high priority and it takes months to get that much GET unless you're in a 200M plus guild, it'd suck - which means it's exactly the type of thing they'd do to screw over a bunch of people.