Wait.. how is Jedi Luke not tagged a rebel, while CLS is?

Replies

• Adzski
    23 posts Member
    Options
    That is in the 'real' Star Wars world.....this character is in the Capital Games one.
    Where all bets are off, and nobody hears you scream........
  • Options
    Because Cara Dune stole his tag.
  • Options
    There’s always Jedi Knight Rebel Luke Skywalker next year!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    There’s always Jedi Knight Rebel Luke Skywalker next year!

For real though, shouldn't we have one more version for post ROTJ using ROTJ characters? That was how CLS and JKL were/are obtained.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    A Rebel tag isn't free, you know. No one but a small group of hardcore players would be even interested in such a thing.
  • Perfzilla
    60 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Because Cara Dune stole his tag

(I made this joke in two seperate threads but they got merged so now I look like im making the same joke twice in the same thread, i'm a hack but not that bad of a hack)
    Post edited by Perfzilla on
  • Options
    I watched the OT again recently, and I don't particularly remember him doing that much with the rebellion in ep 6. First half deal with Jabba, then he goes off to meet with Vader. He's definitely a rebel, but not as actively as in the previous movie, which is probably why CLS is a rebel but not JKL.
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Basically because his kit is a jedi based kit. Being a rebel do not add something significant to his kit. It reduces the risk of unintended interactions. Also I don’t think is the final version of Luke from the OT. In the official post, the journey continue, not finish.
    And it is wrote : The Journey Continues event for Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker will take you through Luke’s quest to become a Jedi Knight in The Empire Strikes Back

CLS was the real rebel version of Luke. He is more alone training and fighting vader and palpatine at the point of the movie.
  • LordMorsResistis
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    He's not tagged a rebel because he's not a rebel. When he, according to Yoda, became a Jedi Knight, it was the win that pushed them from Rebels to the ruling faction on the galaxy. They were the government. He defeated Vader and by consequence the Emperor. They destroyed Deathstar 2.0 Sure there were some Imps left, but their leaders were gone and the Rebels became the leaders. Do I agree? No. Does it make sense? Yes.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Guy it is obvious. This is the unfinished Mace kit
    This is just a last ditch effort to cash in on China.
    And get the whales spending again
  • LordMorsResistis
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    . JKL isn't a rebel. With his win VS EP and Vader, the ruling Empire faction was replaced by the Rebels. Renamed whatever, they are now the ruling faction that replaced the Empire and consequently, are NOT Rebels. Yoda said Luke wouldn't be a Jedi until he faced Vader. He did, he won, they won, he cremated his dad. Do I agree about the lack of rebel synergy, no. But it does make sense. That's pretty plain and obvious.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Options
    Pretty contrived logic.

The rebel alliance didn’t suddenly disintegrate the second Palpatine got thrown down an electric well...
  • Options
    . JKL isn't a rebel. With his win VS EP and Vader, the ruling Empire faction was replaced by the Rebels. Renamed whatever, they are now the ruling faction that replaced the Empire and consequently, are NOT Rebels. Yoda said Luke wouldn't be a Jedi until he faced Vader. He did, he won, they won, he cremated his dad. Do I agree about the lack of rebel synergy, no. But it does make sense. That's pretty plain and obvious.

This is an Empire Strikes Back journey. Wrong movie bro.
  • Options
    The battle of jakku says hi
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Awful logic even following everything you say. The Luke everyone knows is the one siding with the rebels against the empire, the luke you refer to in this is the last what, 10minutes of the film?

He isn't a rebel because it would break CGs game, to pretend otherwise is to be deliberately contrarian for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Awful logic even following everything you say. The Luke everyone knows is the one siding with the rebels against the empire, the luke you refer to in this is the last what, 10minutes of the film?

He isn't a rebel because it would break CGs game, to pretend otherwise is to be deliberately contrarian for the sake of it.

Yes,but we have to admit using rebels to unlock him and then having no synergy at all,makes no sense,what makes even less sense is that rey is more powerful than luke,lmao.

This is just a sad verion of luke,being it a rebel or not.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Yes,but we have to admit using rebels to unlock him and then having no synergy at all,makes no sense,what makes even less sense is that rey is more powerful than luke,lmao.

This is just a sad verion of luke,being it a rebel or not.

Rey had overcome every obstacle in her path with minimal resistance (pun intended)
    She is for all intents and purposes the single most outstanding force prodigy to have ever existed.
    Per the Disney retcon, Rey would eat Luke for breakfast.

Now, should that actually be the case in a perfect world? No.
    But just because Luke is a much better character doesn't mean Rey shouldnt be more powerful in-game.
  • Options
    Did the developers watch SW or did they read SW for Dummies with cliff notes for the busy professional who doesn't have time to read up on the right source material. Do your homework, Luke is a rebel and regardless of being a Jedi was an integral part of the Rebel alliance's defeat of the Empire.
  • Options
    JKL coming to the game. And the first thing you can notice is he does not have a Rebel tag.
    Surely something was overlooked for him since he needs to have a Rebel tag. Luke is as Rebel as a Rebel can be.
    I'd understand if it was Hermit Luke that did not have the Rebel tag.

Also the kit looks odd as his abilities don't remind Luke from ROTJ to me sadly.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Luke not a Rebel? In RotJ he was far more a Rebel than Old Ben ever was. I am fine with the Jedi synergy but at least give a Rebel tag! That way C3PO and R2 can actually contribute, rather than Luke being a factionless drifter (that’s more appropriate for GL Jedi Master Hermit Luke).
  • Options

Except the Rebels were not immediately a new government after ROTJ. They still had the rest of the Empire to defeat before they would be the legitimate power in the galaxy.
  • Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    Jkl+KAM+3 bad jedi...hahaha

Except KAM requires all GR Jedi, so can't do that.... Each day the "this char was a new Mace" theory makes more sense.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Cashicus wrote: »
    Commence mental gymnastics:

1) Ok at the beginning of ROTJ Luke is going to Tatooine to get Han and Leia and Chewie, BECAUSE THEY ARE HIS FRIENDS. It has nothing to do with the rebellion!!!

2) But then what does Luke do, does he go meet up with the Rebel Alliance? NOPE. He goes back to Dagobah to meet with Hermit Yoda, where he's been hanging out for a while anyway while the Alliance has been dealing with the backlash of the Death Star that Luke blew up not because he was a Rebel, but because IT WAS REVENGE FOR DARTH VADER KILLING OLD BEN THERE, AND OLD BEN WAS HIS FRIEEEEENNNNNND!

3) So Luke is blowing off the rebels, and Yoda tells him he's got to go face Darth Vader to get over his daddy issues and finish his JEDI TRAINING (see, he's a Jedi) and defeat the Empire. NOTE: Not join the Rebels, but DEFEAT THE EMPIRE. There's a big difference, lots of people fought to defeat the Empire but did not join the rebels.

4) So then Luke hitches a ride with the rebels to Endor but does he actually help them blow up the second Death Star? NO. He just waltzes straight over to the Empire base and gets himself captured so he can settle his daddy issues. So at best, he kinda sorta briefly distracts the Emperor and Vader from the Rebels, much like they might be distracted from the rebels by a particularly undercooked piece of chicken in their dinner that keeps them on the bacta throne all night, know what I mean?

5) So basically black-clad Jedi Luke hangs out with the rebels even less than Old Ben does, which is apparently the threshold -- hang around with a few droids that belonged to one rebel lady for like, 3 days and boom, you're a rebel. Black-clad Luke only spends like 1 day at Jabba's palace with the rebels, and then another few hours flying in to Endor. Totally not a rebel. He just hangs around them occasionally for the friendship and only fights the Empire because of his daddy issues.

I hope you stretched before doing those mental gymnastics or you might pull a hamstring.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Nyanperor wrote: »
    I watched the OT again recently, and I don't particularly remember him doing that much with the rebellion in ep 6. First half deal with Jabba, then he goes off to meet with Vader. He's definitely a rebel, but not as actively as in the previous movie, which is probably why CLS is a rebel but not JKL.

So he didn't fight on Endor with the rebels in ROTJ?
  • Options
    Cara Dune having the rebel tag destroys that argument completely
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Bc jkl is a Jedi and cls isn’t?

He’s also a rebel though. JK Luke was a Jedi AND a Rebel so....
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bc jkl is a Jedi and cls isn’t?

So Jedi can't be part of the Rebellion? You're losing me....

You think he was going to be a rebel Jedi? Seems unbalanced

So you make a kit that isn't unbalanced so you can stay true to the actual character.

Kind of like the emperor and Vader being both Empire & Sith.

Or all the Republic era Jedi being both Galactic Republic and Jedi.

Yeah, and they had to create the sith empire faction to avoid unbalancing with DR et al.