The dmv is more reliable than this...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    baked_qft wrote: »
    I can't believe another quarter is almost over, and we are only weeks away from the July Road Ahead! I know I am looking forward to it, the April Road Ahead this year was a bit of a letdown. Any sneak peaks you can offer us @CG_SBCrumb ?

On the bright side July's road ahead has to be better then June's.

That depends. Considering that they are apparently waiting until JKL event is over in fear that it would spoil the sales, any RA might turn out worse than no RA...

Not really. The RA is only going to be a here is what's coming....at this point saying everyone get ready and wait.... it cant get much worse than that.

Also the RA was written weeks ago at this point, it's not changing or anything like that, it's just not getting approved to be released right now due to internal reasons that cannot be fully shared, but revolve around the content itself, not the current situation.

The sentiment that the RA will decide whether some people continue playing or call it quits is not new, and "here's what's coming" can still be bad news if it's for example more GLs or something similar. With only second-hand and restricted communication (seriously, thank you for that at least, I know you can't do more), it just looks like a hell of a coincidence that internal reasons push the RA right after the latest whalebait...
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    I can't believe another quarter is almost over, and we are only weeks away from the July Road Ahead! I know I am looking forward to it, the April Road Ahead this year was a bit of a letdown. Any sneak peaks you can offer us @CG_SBCrumb ?

That depends. Considering that they are apparently waiting until JKL event is over in fear that it would spoil the sales, any RA might turn out worse than no RA...

Not really. The RA is only going to be a here is what's coming....at this point saying everyone get ready and wait.... it cant get much worse than that.

Also the RA was written weeks ago at this point, it's not changing or anything like that, it's just not getting approved to be released right now due to internal reasons that cannot be fully shared, but revolve around the content itself, not the current situation.

The sentiment that the RA will decide whether some people continue playing or call it quits is not new, and "here's what's coming" can still be bad news if it's for example more GLs or something similar. With only second-hand and restricted communication (seriously, thank you for that at least, I know you can't do more), it just looks like a hell of a coincidence that internal reasons push the RA right after the latest whalebait...

An that is exactly why the Road Ahead is coming out at the end of June, after the supposed realse in May was "delayed".

Because they don't want the lastest whalebait sale to be compromised by a dissapointing Road Ahead.

Kyno has already planted the seeds himself, with it being refered to as just talking, and that it won't live up to the hype.

At this point there is a growing number of people unhappy with the state of this game, and for me personally ANY new content would be welcome because it would show that they are at least devoting some resources to this game.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

We already have some ideas of what this is going to be, so there is that.

You should check out some correlation websites that make graphs between so many interesting factors.... they make for a better coincidence than this. Also, whale bait is a bit of a stretch. Solid character, yes, but unfortunately nothing special.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options

Tbh I would really know the reasons! I know a lot of game development and love to hear more about other companies and problems they encounter.
    I know that you might no be able to answer that at all but the reasons why excite me more than the RA itself.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    "Solid character but unfortunately nothing special."

Speaks volumes about the state of the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    VaderB1 wrote: »

An that is exactly why the Road Ahead is coming out at the end of June, after the supposed realse in May was "delayed".

Because they don't want the lastest whalebait sale to be compromised by a dissapointing Road Ahead.

Kyno has already planted the seeds himself, with it being refered to as just talking, and that it won't live up to the hype.

At this point there is a growing number of people unhappy with the state of this game, and for me personally ANY new content would be welcome because it would show that they are at least devoting some resources to this game.

I'm just trying to manage expectations, we know very little and there has already been a long enough wait that imaginations tend to go wild.

I think that saying anything about JKL and whalebait and having the RA affect that is just not correct. Hes a good character, not great, most whales will base their choices on that and not an RA that we all know is just news of what to expect later. But that's just how I see it.

Off topic: I'm torn and might go for him which will slow my Rey progress to a grinding hault, but u already have SLK, and a few days from his ultimate.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

You want more gamebreaking metas like two months after we just got two gamebreaking metas?
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options

JTR was absolute trash when the kit was released.

Speaks volumes about the state of the forums
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You completely missed the point.

This isn't about whether JKR will be good or not, simply that the head forum moderator made that statement.

Let me make this a little clearer...

"Solid (debatable anymore) game, but unfortunately nothing special ".
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options

You completely missed the point.

This isn't about whether JKR will be good or not, simply that the head forum moderator made that statement.

Let me make this a little clearer...

"Solid (debatable anymore) game, but unfortunately nothing special ".

Ignoring the overstated point /= missing it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

And the “Community Manager’s hands are tied”?

The devs need to package fixes/content...apparently everything, together so they can either get funding or get it approved. Meanwhile they seem to be hiding all these things from the paying public for greedy possibly nefarious reasons. Each day seems to shine a new light on all these examples that they ‘have no power over their own game’.

It shows...and it’s pathetic that money is All they care about.. all the while spitting beautifully illustrated lies that they do in fact care about Star Wars and their game when what they do is Not what they say.

The community manager can’t speak to the community because his hands are tied? What a joke.

Completely misstating what is going on over there is not constructive to the conversation. Also, trying to make up facts really doesnt prove anything.

When did I say his hands are tied about talking to the community?
    I would try to steer this back to the topic and keep it constructive, but its clear that's not what you wan to do. I'm sorry.
  • Options

This does not sound very convincing at all! I fear they are giving you as much bu..sh.t as they are giving us silence!
  • Options
    "The mighty Jabba asks why their hands are tied."
    "Because he's holding a thermal detonator!"

Seems legit.
    Chained since '16
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Potato211 wrote: »
    MooPoo wrote: »
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

They have not lied yet, so no.

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

Were things more transparent before?
    Talking (posting memes) more =/= transparency.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

Nothing personal, but you have said that more than once.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options

Dude, it's not necessarily like that. The community is almost outraged at what has happened to the game lately. Releasing a RA when everyone is hanging on the edge could quite easily nudge people over that edge. The game is desperate for some kind of good content and people have been waiting for months for the RA. The other guy is right, any RA might turn out worse than no RA.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    @Kyno

And in a few more threads too. I found multiple instances where people are talking to you and they keep quoting you saying “his hands are tied”.

You dont remember?
    Not sure if someone said this already but I remember them telling us end of last year that they were sorry for the slow amount of content. That 2019 was about building tools so they could release content to us a lot quicker. Now near summer 2020 they are going to build tools so they can release content to us quicker... do they enjoy lying to us?

they said they would be putting the content out in 2020, which we still have more than half a year left. yes there have been delays and changes to some other plans, but none of what they have said is a lie.

Do you see what the absolute lack of communication or at least something that resembles transparency does? The player base just has a hard time believing the devs when they finally say something, even more when that something is just vague stuff. They seriously need a Community Manager because this is ridiculous.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, if people want to think something about someone, that's their call, but it doesnt make it true.

We have a community manager and he is doing a great job considered how his hands are tied.

With more transparency (a peak behind the curtain as they call it) would just show many players how hard it is for them to talk about things.

As I said there is a group of us trying to push for more small tides bits of info and stuff like that, but changes like that take time.

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Yes I did found my comment from earlier.

Still slightly different context, but yes I said it.
  • Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    @Kyno

You dont remember?

In other threads I believe this was in a different context and not referring to Crumb, but I would have to see it.

Yes I did found my comment from earlier.

Still slightly different context, but yes I said it.

Perhaps then some elaboration on which context his "hands are tied", and which his hands "are not tied"?

They're obviously not tied for puzzles, but evidently they are tied for just about any other meaning discussion or communication.

Or does this need to go to yet another committee to answer?

Chained since '16
  • Options
    Clearly his hands are tied. Who tied them is the more important question...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Doesn't matter as long as he's into it.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Probably Christian
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options

Then delete your account. Please.

What does that have to do with my post @BrashSchwartz
  • Options
    Requirements for the road ahead -

Tusken characters- relic 7
    Tusken warrior - new character available with GET 1 currency one you relic 7 all tusken characters.

Tusken General. - new character available with GET 2 currency one you relic 7 Tusken warrior.

Other characters required -
    CUP - relic 3
    Ugnaught - relic 4
    IG-86 - relic 3
    Director Krennic - relic 5

Once 50% of the player base reaches these requirements we will release the road ahead.
  • Options
    I'm getting ahead of the curve and starting the thread already.

Who’s ready for that July RA??!
  • Options
    botabu wrote: »
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

At one point they denied this was an issue iirc.

Then suddenly in and Q and A they said it was
  • Options
    It's all bull crap now.... there were rumors WAY back when Carrie left that they were trying to clean up the "spaghetti code", to which they adamantly denied..... now they confirm it. Unreal bunch of dummies.

or the people trying to use the term spaghetti code, dont understand what that means in terms of large programs and are shoehorning into it what they are talking about here.....

Or they flat out lied.... going with their track record, they lied. Spaghetti code, frame work..... it's all the same in the end. Why would it have killed them to come out and say that the game has grown beyond it's original framework and that they need to fix that to introduce new playable content? They KNEW this was the case last year, and it was completely evident when we all got to play the new GL battles that were a complete and utter flop. Transparency would have gone along way on this one IMO.

They stated in one of the more recent Q and As that they were working on their content delivery systems, where are you getting a lie about not working on that?

At one point they denied this was an issue iirc.

Then suddenly in and Q and A they said it was

"There are no framework issues."

"We're working on the framework."

Which is it?

Chained since '16
  • Ultra
    11539 posts Moderator
    Options

Time and time again - players have been very wrong about characters based on kit reveals