Favorite Insignificant Tweak

Prev13
MasterSeedy
5102 posts Member
edited August 2020
If you had complete control over the game, what tweaks would you make to characters or ships NOT to make them much better or worse in the game in any significant way (although any tweak will make them at least a little bit better or worse), but solely to enhance their characterization?

As an example, Zam Wesell is supposed to be a sniper. Nobody gets any accuracy bonus as part of their basic stats. But why not Zam? As a sniper, giving her +15% accuracy doesn't change the game in a real way, no one who didn't want to gear her up is going to suddenly say, "Oh, +15% accuracy? Now I'll take her to Relic 5!"

They also don't have to make sense in a global way. For instance, all Jedi learned to fight using the Force as a sense to supplement their eyes and ears, but because of that famous scene in the original Star Wars, making Farmboy Luke immune to Blind would be a fun nod to the very first exposure to the potential of the force that most of us ever had. Sure, you could also make all the Jedi immune to Blind, but making just this one character immune to Blind makes it clear that the point isn't some sort of simulation accuracy. The point is simply to connect players better and more deeply to their characters.

So what modifications would you make - to any toon or any ship - that wouldn't do anything to change how much people think the character is worth, but makes them more fun or more fully characterizes them, or adds a nod to a meaningful moment in the SW movies, shows, or books?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Make Range Trooper immune to stagger. I mean, how do you stagger someone with magnetic boots?
  • Options
    @Nauros

Nice one!
  • Options
    Make gmy immune to fear. Come on, Padme, really?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

That's not really insignificant, though, since fear is a big part of the meta. But I agree that the choice of Padme is strange. Why not, say, the character with unique named "Hero with no fear"?
  • Options
    Make chirrut and kanan immune to blind...i mean they already are
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

That's not really insignificant, though, since fear is a big part of the meta. But I agree that the choice of Padme is strange. Why not, say, the character with unique named "Hero with no fear"?

How would that affect GMY's position exactly? I think it would be barely noticable. Gmy has home under Revan, but Revan doesnt hold on defense against fear-based teams, that wouldnt change at all. Revan has some minor success on offense, that would be a little easier, but still wouldnt gain the upper hand i am pretty sure about it.

Gmy might have a home under padme-L, and arguably it could be a 3V3 concept. I think i would welcome it. It wouldnt affect the 5v5 aspect too much.

Sounds significant, but it really isnt much
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @SerWulfgar

Okay, but tell me why?

What's the characterization you're trying to express that's different from all other Jedi that are also trained that fear leads to the Dark Side?
  • Options
    @SerWulfgar

Okay, but tell me why?

What's the characterization you're trying to express that's different from all other Jedi that are also trained that fear leads to the Dark Side?

The complete character arc that he was given in the TCW, especially meaning s05. That pretty much establishes how yoda was unique even amongst the jedi. Keep in mind that he was the only one Sidious feared bc yoda deflected every attempt that was made to corrupt him.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that he was the only one Sidious feared bc yoda deflected every attempt that was made to corrupt him.

I think there's something potentially very cool here, but we have to remember that the ability to cause fear is different than being immune to fear yourself. Also, corruption is not fear.

But I do remember what you're saying about GMY being the only Jedi that Yoda feared, so what about ...

... Yoda automatically places Fear on any enemy Darth Sidius for 1 turn at the start of any encounter.

Fear is a significant debuff, but it's only against a character that isn't likely to show up among your enemies very often, so I think that would fit well with the theme we're creating. Thanks!
  • Options
    HK-47 is an assassin droid, they should shift the Death Mark mechanic for Sith Empire from Darth Revan to him.
  • Options
    Seperate melee and range combat maybe add a mode where they can be mixed but give handicaps to the melee/lightsaber users like blaster deflection... Idk make it more realistic .. you shouldn't be able to gun down a Jedi or sith Lord
  • Options
    1. Give Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) either the Phoenix or the Rebel Fighter tag or both.
    2. Give Hera the ability to summon Chopper (in the ally slot) so all six members of the Phoenix can be on the board at once.
    3. Give Visas Marr ANY extra tag. I'd even be happy with Ewok as it would be better than what she has now.
    4. On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more characters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists OR Droids, I cannot select Separatists AND Droids.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Anarkid wrote: »
    Seperate melee and range combat maybe add a mode where they can be mixed but give handicaps to the melee/lightsaber users like blaster deflection... Idk make it more realistic .. you shouldn't be able to gun down a Jedi or sith Lord

BraveVigorousBeauceron-max-1mb.gif
    "Lightsaber or not you must realise you are doomed."
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Keep in mind that he was the only one Sidious feared bc yoda deflected every attempt that was made to corrupt him.

I think there's something potentially very cool here, but we have to remember that the ability to cause fear is different than being immune to fear yourself. Also, corruption is not fear.

But I do remember what you're saying about GMY being the only Jedi that Yoda feared, so what about ...

... Yoda automatically places Fear on any enemy Darth Sidius for 1 turn at the start of any encounter.

Fear is a significant debuff, but it's only against a character that isn't likely to show up among your enemies very often, so I think that would fit well with the theme we're creating. Thanks!

I know what you mean, i even like what you say.

I personally think that Yoda's leadership actually does contain a slight nod to his duel with Palpatine (not the actual fight but the whole character arc) as yoda is immune to shock with the zeta upgrade.

Now this is something that should deserve a touch-up . First - i dunno why is it tied to the leadership, should be a unique imo but nvm. Second, it is shock immunity bc Palpatine operates with shock so it makes sense. That being said a touch up would not hurt, Palpatine could never intimidate Yoda, so a fear immunity would be justified lore-wise imo and would not have a big impact on the character. The shock immunity is similar, it is respectful nod to the character, but it is just way too old, and not used as it is tied into the leadership.
  • Options
    I would remove any possibility of the AAT being able to dodge. It’s a tank, even a stormtrooper can hit a tank. No way a trained Jedi or Sith is going to swing and miss at a tank just sitting there. It’s just silly to see.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    My first thought, after some of the one's which were already mentioned, was giving Boba an ability with his cable thing that stuns enemies for a turn, except maybe Jedi, since it didn't work too well on Luke, or maybe it only stuns Jedi or just staggers or something. That may be more than an insignificant tweek.
    Another suggestion I saw a while back was to make the Stormtrooper operate more like the B1 with the stacks of droid battalion vs having actual health.
  • Options

Kit Fisto was gunned down pretty handily.
  • Options
    Let Mace Windu hit Jango Fett for damage even when he is immune under a Separatist leader. Would be a fun nod.
  • Options

Kit Fisto was gunned down pretty handily.
    Wasn’t kit fisto killed by Sidious?
  • LordDirt
    5071 posts Member
    Options

Yoda ran and hid in fear for 20 years!!

When did Padme show fear? She took on a Nexu, took on the Senate, fought to get back Naboo, even confronted Darth Vader. Can go on and on, never saw fear in here.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Make yoda immune to shock (also without the leader ability)
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    Storm troopers should hit their heads on doors as they enter battle.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ability to multi-sim the purchase of Bronzium Data Cards

Not a toon/ship, I know, but it's still the tweak that I would take over any thematic tweak
  • Options
    Give stromtropper -15% accuracy for each rebel present in battle.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    Give stromtropper -15% accuracy for each rebel present in battle.

That one is kinda covered in Rebel Roundup with the special ability - shoot a lot, hit almost nothing.
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

Not a toon/ship, I know, but it's still the tweak that I would take over any thematic tweak

This would be amazing. And I firmly believe they refuse to do it because they want lazy people to take the awful weekly shipments and miss out on far more valuable shard currency.
  • TVF
    36665 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

This would be amazing. And I firmly believe they refuse to do it because they want lazy people to take the awful weekly shipments and miss out on far more valuable shard currency.

But this problem pre-dates weekly shipments by several years.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5071 posts Member
    Options

179 Jedi died on Geonosis. Most from a droids blaster.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?