Modifiers or something else WAI in BH GC?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Volatile Energy just needs to go. It’s a bad premise to share an ability like that or even have the enemy have that ability when CG just stacks speed and preloaded TM...so no thanks lol

I know this will never happen, but can we just stop with the preloaded turn meter? It takes so much fun out of these events knowing that the first thing I have to do is survive a barrage of each enemy hitting my units.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Volatile Energy just needs to go. It’s a bad premise to share an ability like that or even have the enemy have that ability when CG just stacks speed and preloaded TM...so no thanks lol

Well, this I agree with. It's basically just another "one-shot kill" mechanic - but much more random.

But the larger issue seems to be the fact that it's bugged. I
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I know this will never happen, but can we just stop with the preloaded turn meter? It takes so much fun out of these events knowing that the first thing I have to do is survive a barrage of each enemy hitting my units.

Why is that a problem though? I guess I fail to understand how giving them TM is worse than giving them more offense/health/ tenacity, etc.
  • Options

Why is that a problem though? I guess I fail to understand how giving them TM is worse than giving them more offense/health/ tenacity, etc.

The preloaded tm in the last event was so annoying because every time I would start I would have to wait through their attacks to see if sniper Droid nuked someone or not. If I have the fastest character I should go first. It's super cheap and frustrating. It would be nice if after all these years cg could come up with some new way to make the battles difficult besides the enemy taking 10 attacks at the start.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ShaggyB i being told they dont see this happening, and that it may be another character taking a turn. when you run it on 1x you may see this. if not can you make a video for me. i will try to do it later, just dont have time right now.
  • Options
    Yup it’s that global modifier.... it took me a few times to figure it out too..... there’s no animation or anything to indicate what happened.... pure 100% laziness.... they couldn’t even cut and paste some AOE animation from some character.
  • Options

I think the difference is with preloaded TM you sit there and wait through the initial barrage and by the time you get a turn, you’ve lost a character and have 3 more stunned (just happened to me)

If they get bumped health or whatever at least I can actually play and get some turns in.

Subtle difference but in one I just sit there and watch my team get blasted, the other I can actually start playing
  • Options

I think the difference is with preloaded TM you sit there and wait through the initial barrage and by the time you get a turn, you’ve lost a character and have 3 more stunned (just happened to me)

If they get bumped health or whatever at least I can actually play and get some turns in.

Subtle difference but in one I just sit there and watch my team get blasted, the other I can actually start playing

Yep, this is basically what I was thinking. It’s hard to implement a strategy other than “get better gear and/or better mods” when your g12 team gets annihilated before even taking a turn.

It would be nice to take a few turns to see what would or would not work before investing relics into toons just to survive the preloaded turn meter.
  • Options
    It’s a decent surprise.

Makes a change from GG going nuts and smash your team apart or the sniper droid one shot one of yours.

It’s a basically race to whoever gets it first.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @ShaggyB i being told they dont see this happening, and that it may be another character taking a turn. when you run it on 1x you may see this. if not can you make a video for me. i will try to do it later, just dont have time right now.

It may be a product of 4x speed and the lack of visual queue. Forgot to turn it to 1x....

Havent been able to recreate since going to 1x.... will send you 4x speed video.

I think deathtrooper is taking a turn but it happens so fast it looks like veers and range trooper are taking a turn not death trooper
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    if anyone has a video of this happening, it would help. we have yet to see anyone recreate this ability being used by a toon that is stunned, AB or in any other way should not be able to activate the ability.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Yeah if you don't use the ability as soon as it fills up, the enemy team will.

Except it's being used by stunned enemies, or at least once in my case it killed my enemy without me actually activating the ability. It seems like it is activated automatically some unknown amount if turns after it fills up even if the character is abity blocked, stunned or chooses not to use it themselves.

This. It seems as though it reaches 100% and then, if you don't use it (if it's available) it just "automatically" activates randomly.

I had it available and didn’t use it until I was able to target Thrawn. No automatic activation.
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    if anyone has a video of this happening, it would help. we have yet to see anyone recreate this ability being used by a toon that is stunned, AB or in any other way should not be able to activate the ability.

It happens too fast for a video.

I kid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've run through t7 several hundred times by now and have yet to encounter anyone being able to use the modifier ability when stunned or ability blocked. I have also never encountered it going off by itself. That said, I have encountered a different bug with the mechanic but I am trying to identify which part is not WAI. I would appreciate if someone can clarify exactly how/when the charge is able to be used.

The wording of the modifier says that "when a unit with this ability starts their turn, this ability gains 5% energy". In practice, the modifier starts at 5% at the start of the first turn and gains 5% charge for each subsequent turn (before the unit makes a move) until it reaches 100% at which point it can be used.

The question is, does the % charged have to be at 100 before the start of the turn? In other words: does it require a turn at 100% before the ability can be used?
  • Options
    It's interesting, because I was absolutely sure that I was down to 2 enemies left, both stunned, and wasn't paying attention to the Delete%, so I didn't use it on my turn ... then one of my characters got deleted.

It wasn't any big deal to me, b/c it was still early tiers and I was just getting used to the event and wasn't paying attention - so I paid attention after that and with controlling TM boosts, TM switching, etc. I had not problems always getting a turn when Delete hit 100%.

But yeah, I was sure it happened when there were 2 toons left and both stunned. And then I talked myself out of it, like, "maybe they have a mechanic to cleanse debuffs and so they un-stunned then took their turn instead of missing their turn and then unstunning?" But knowing that others experienced it, I absolutely believe it.

I'm not sure I'll make the time to take a video of a bunch of playthroughs to catch it in the moment b/c the event is almost over and what's the point? You don't have a limited number of tries. Even if you're going for the feat with no lost toons you can just play it again.

Maybe I've managed to delude myself. Maybe not and the bug is in there somewhere, but the nature of GC's means its irrelevant: the entire event and ability goes away in 1 day + some hours, way less than it would take to find the bug. And since anyone unhappy with their performance can just try again, I don't see hunting this down as worth the effort.
  • Options
    It's interesting, because I was absolutely sure that I was down to 2 enemies left, both stunned, and wasn't paying attention to the Delete%, so I didn't use it on my turn ... then one of my characters got deleted.

It wasn't any big deal to me, b/c it was still early tiers and I was just getting used to the event and wasn't paying attention - so I paid attention after that and with controlling TM boosts, TM switching, etc. I had not problems always getting a turn when Delete hit 100%.

But yeah, I was sure it happened when there were 2 toons left and both stunned. And then I talked myself out of it, like, "maybe they have a mechanic to cleanse debuffs and so they un-stunned then took their turn instead of missing their turn and then unstunning?" But knowing that others experienced it, I absolutely believe it.

I'm not sure I'll make the time to take a video of a bunch of playthroughs to catch it in the moment b/c the event is almost over and what's the point? You don't have a limited number of tries. Even if you're going for the feat with no lost toons you can just play it again.

Maybe I've managed to delude myself. Maybe not and the bug is in there somewhere, but the nature of GC's means its irrelevant: the entire event and ability goes away in 1 day + some hours, way less than it would take to find the bug. And since anyone unhappy with their performance can just try again, I don't see hunting this down as worth the effort.

Agree. I think CG could do with animating it but as you say, it's a repeatable event so no biggie.