Shard shop

Replies

• Options
    Yes on the off chance that stun guns randomly drop in that store lmao I knew some sucker would buy that logic. Its hardly a reliable way to farm and kryotech dont show up there.
    I’ve got 350+ stun gun salvage from shard store and GET store in the last couple of months.

Congrats I guess? Its still an entirely rng based situation and is in no way a reliable source of gear. Good for you though. Others aren't as fortunate and yet again it does nothing for kryotech
    Still not sure what Kyrotech has to do with a post about the shard shop.

I literally said shards don't help a lot of people and that gear was the problem. The whole shard "upgrade" does nothing at all for me and many others. I need gear and the shard shop isn't much of anything
  • Options
    Yes on the off chance that stun guns randomly drop in that store lmao I knew some sucker would buy that logic. Its hardly a reliable way to farm and kryotech dont show up there.
    I’ve got 350+ stun gun salvage from shard store and GET store in the last couple of months.

Congrats I guess? Its still an entirely rng based situation and is in no way a reliable source of gear. Good for you though. Others aren't as fortunate and yet again it does nothing for kryotech

I literally said shards don't help a lot of people and that gear was the problem. The whole shard "upgrade" does nothing at all for me and many others. I need gear and the shard shop isn't much of anything

It did help for me

Even tho I also need the gear (obviously) this is an improvement, and I'll take it

This is the first step of maybe a change on the gear economy
  • Options

Did you not read the dev post about this a week or more ago? They stated that they are doing shards first to see how it affects gear before tackling the gear crunch for newer players at a later time.

You can choose whether or not to believe them but your complaint, like many others on this thread, could be avoided completely by reading the details of the update before complaining.

• Options
    It is true that the shard change did essentially nothing to make things easier for long time players. But it's important to understand that it also did essentially nothing to hurt them either, most of the negative assertions made early in this thread are just plain wrong.

- The only negatives are that bronzium unlock drops lose half their value, and players who can't handle the math think they got screwed.
    - One positive is that helping newer players helps the game. We need a constant influx of new players to keep the game alive.
    - Another positive is that even long time players often have old characters they never finished, characters they now need for GLs like Rose or Krennic. I myself never finished Marauder before I changed my cantina farm over to signal data.
  • Options
    As far as I understood...

After the update:

Pro:

Double drop on every character that hit the "one year old" mark.

Con:

Full character drops in the bronzium shop are worth half shard shop currency

That's it. All the rest is a temporary "upgrade the client and check your inbox" situation.

• Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    It is true that the shard change did essentially nothing to make things easier for long time players. But it's important to understand that it also did essentially nothing to hurt them either, most of the negative assertions made early in this thread are just plain wrong.

- The only negatives are that bronzium unlock drops lose half their value, and players who can't handle the math think they got screwed.
    - One positive is that helping newer players helps the game. We need a constant influx of new players to keep the game alive.
    - Another positive is that even long time players often have old characters they never finished, characters they now need for GLs like Rose or Krennic. I myself never finished Marauder before I changed my cantina farm over to signal data.

I agree. But the bronizum nerf is significant and needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    The problem is that while it is great that you can get more characters to 7 star faster which is an benefit it will create even more of a gear bottle neck as you will have all those characters stuck at gear levels 7-9 waiting for their stun guns and cuffs.

An obvious and subtle fix would be bumping up the stun guns on the Mace gear challenge reward from level 4 which if you have been playing for a while you have thousands of to the much needed level 5 which you will never have enough of that would add about an extra 60 stun guns per week average 20 per challenge x3 opportunities per week
  • Options
    The problem is that while it is great that you can get more characters to 7 star faster which is an benefit it will create even more of a gear bottle neck as you will have all those characters stuck at gear levels 7-9 waiting for their stun guns and cuffs.

An obvious and subtle fix would be bumping up the stun guns on the Mace gear challenge reward from level 4 which if you have been playing for a while you have thousands of to the much needed level 5 which you will never have enough of that would add about an extra 60 stun guns per week average 20 per challenge x3 opportunities per week

You can always stop farming shards and farm stun guns for awhile. You'll still get a team done faster than before.

And if they adjust challenges, they need to add mk5 rather than replace mk5 with mk5. You'd be surprised how fast those thousands would go away if they took them out of there. And a lot of newer players have far less than that. Replacing th ef mk5 with mk5 just changes the piece that is the bottleneck.
  • Options
    I still feel like this update is a short term gain, long term loss. New players will be able to farm characters much quicker, but have no new ways to gear them. You know what would have been nice for capital games to do?
    "With so many more characters in the game, we have increased the drop rate of all legacy characters by 25-50% in cantina, fleet, light and dark battles. We will not be messing with any other aspects of the game as we don't feel doing something nice requires us to also punish everyone at the same time."
  • Options

You can always stop farming shards and farm stun guns for awhile. You'll still get a team done faster than before.

And if they adjust challenges, they need to add mk5 rather than replace mk5 with mk5. You'd be surprised how fast those thousands would go away if they took them out of there. And a lot of newer players have far less than that. Replacing th ef mk5 with mk5 just changes the piece that is the bottleneck.

With a 20% drop rate, you're just about as well off farming toons for the shop currency in hopes of catching those MK5 stun guns a couple times a week.
  • Options
    RebelLion wrote: »

With a 20% drop rate, you're just about as well off farming toons for the shop currency in hopes of catching those MK5 stun guns a couple times a week.

That would still be using the energy you save to farm stun guns. And if you do that pick a node that has shards and stun guns that way you have a 20% chance for one to drop while you're getting the currency.

What I do is keep an eye out on the shard shop and have enough of cantina store, arena store, and Galactic war store currencies to buy shard shop currency when needed. Most of the characters in there aren't too vital anyway.

But since those stores will now be finished twice as fast, you will be able to buy stun guns sooner. Or if you're ok with them being finished at the same time they would have been otherwise, you can use half the currency to buy shard currency as soon as you have one character from each store done.
  • Options

Seconded.

Let me add some quick math in the pot.

You need about 1000 hard battles in order to farm 330 shards. With double drops, only 500 hard battles.
    Instead of the 500 hard battles not needed you can sim 1000 normal battles with the same amount of energy.

So for about the same amount of energy, before you had 1000 battles, now you have 1500 battles.

500 extra battles, considering 20% drop rate, that's 100 stun guns.

So for the same amount of energy used, before you had 1 character at 7*, now you have 1 character at 7*+ 100 stun guns. That's nothing to sneeze at imo.

I didn't do the math to count what you lose from the "full character drop in bronzium" situation though.

• Deell
    106 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Nice. I received 95 shards. They could have told us they were doing that. They didnt catch me when I had 5k shard shop currency. B.....s......
  • Options
    Btw, Ive refreshed. It didnt double.
  • Options
    I will say the 5th anniversary gifts were nice. Just left a lot of people slighted on the shard shop thing.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Seconded.

Let me add some quick math in the pot.

You need about 1000 hard battles in order to farm 330 shards. With double drops, only 500 hard battles.
    Instead of the 500 hard battles not needed you can sim 1000 normal battles with the same amount of energy.

So for about the same amount of energy, before you had 1000 battles, now you have 1500 battles.

500 extra battles, considering 20% drop rate, that's 100 stun guns.

So for the same amount of energy used, before you had 1 character at 7*, now you have 1 character at 7*+ 100 stun guns. That's nothing to sneeze at imo.

I didn't do the math to count what you lose from the "full character drop in bronzium" situation though.

It's about 10% to 15% of shard currency assuming you have the common shard stores on farm. Most of the variance is due to whether you refresh cantina energy since it directly affects how many cantina tokens you get.

I did the math in the shard economy mega post. But I didn't account for recurring events like assualt battles so that number is actually probably a little high
  • Options
    Deell wrote: »
    Nice. I received 95 shards. They could have told us they were doing that. They didnt catch me when I had 5k shard shop currency. B.....s......

I don't think you understood. The net gain is zero. They doubled everyones currency to account for doubling the price of items. So your ssc has the exact same value whether you had 100 currency or 10000. So you didn't lose out on anything. It just feels good to see the big numbers psychologically.
  • Options
    The daily login shards are not doubled. Just got 135 ssc for 9 boba shards -.-
  • Options
    Always a chance that this will be rectified next month.
  • Options

Could you pls elaborate how players who are dissapointed with bronzium unlock drops losing half their value can't handle the math?
  • Options
    alikssepia wrote: »

Could you pls elaborate how players who are dissapointed with bronzium unlock drops losing half their value can't handle the math?
    That part of the mathS is easy, but it is much more difficult to pin down the overall effect on your shard shop dealings that this has.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about it either, but it's hard to say exactly how much the full-drop bronzium nerf will have on my shard shop spending power. That's the difficult Maths.
  • Options

OK - I view it slightly differently.

The shard upgrade doesn't help me at all either, as I have all farmable toons except Piett at 7*. But it definitely helps other people, as they will need half the energy to farm a toon up to 7*, which means they can spend the other half farming Kyro or whatever other gear piece they need.

But I can't agree with you that the "shard shop currency doesn't do much for a lot of players" or that "shard shop isn't much of anything".

Whilst farming the requirements for Rey, and then SLKR, and now I've just finished JML's, I simply could never get my hands on enough shard shop currency. The gear in there is vital for that g12-g13 push. I think that's why so many people are complaining about the change. They will have comparatively less shard shop currency than they used to, which means gear is harder to come by in one of the best sources for gear in the game.
  • Options
    We still earn exactly to the same amount of token as before but the gear are x2 price ...
    This is how CG ease the gear crunch.. by making gears x2 more expensive ... 👏👏
    I am fed up ...
  • Options
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    We still earn exactly to the same amount of token as before but the gear are x2 price ...
    I am fed up ...

Here we go again. Nope.

The number of shards you buy in a store is now doubled. Those shards that aren't doubled (including ship blueprints) convert for twice their previous SSC.

With the exception of full characters from bronziums, NOTHING has changed within the Shard Shop economy. Everything has the same equivalent cost/value as pre-update.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I am fed up ...

Here we go again. Nope.

The number of shards you buy in a store is now doubled. Those shards that aren't doubled (including ship blueprints) convert for twice their previous SSC.

With the exception of full characters from bronziums, NOTHING has changed within the Shard Shop economy. Everything has the same equivalent cost/value as pre-update.

Explain me ...because I get 152 tokens for 4 shard ship and 150 token for 10 shard toon instead of 5 shard toon ...
    Exactly the same as before ...
    The only think that has changed Is the price of gears in the shard shop ...
  • Options
    I am fed up ...

Here we go again. Nope.

Explain me ...because I get 152 tokens for 4 shard ship and 150 token for 10 shard toon instead of 5 shard toon ...

Nope.

Ship blue prints used to convert for 19 SSC each. Now it's 38. Doubled.

5 character shards of an accelerated character used to equate to 75 SSC (15 per shard). You now get twice as many, giving you 150 SSC. Doubled.

The non-accelerated character shards (less than a year old, raid rewards, several others) that do not have their shards doubled now convert for 30 SSC rather than the old rate of 15 SSC. Doubled.

As I said, nothing (apart from full character pulls in bronziums) has changed within the shard shop economy.

Helpful dev post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest
  • Options
    I am fed up ...

Here we go again. Nope.

Nope.

Ship blue prints used to convert for 19 SSC each. Now it's 38. Doubled.

5 character shards of an accelerated character used to equate to 75 SSC (15 per shard). You now get twice as many, giving you 150 SSC. Doubled.

The non-accelerated character shards (less than a year old, raid rewards, several others) that do not have their shards doubled now convert for 30 SSC rather than the old rate of 15 SSC. Doubled.

As I said, nothing (apart from full character pulls in bronziums) has changed within the shard shop economy.

Helpful dev post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237876/shard-economy-changes#latest
    You deserve a medal for this.

I teach Maths for a living. Your patience in the face of baffling illogical claims is truly marvellous. Join us!