Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Options
    I actually feel bad for CG Doja, he basically has to answer the raging players, but its not his fault about what we're upset about. But is there an official response? why would you direct everyone to clearly inaccurate information about the event?
  • Options
    Given it will be a year before Ill gear them up... no rushing here
  • Options
    I got all excited hearing you could perhap 7 star with a couple refreshes each day.
    But wow, that won't happen. Did my refreshes and on a 10 energy node (4 rounds of 12 attempts per refresh) I got 4 & 2 shards for 6 total. Won't bother doing that for a month.
    1% sounds right.
  • Options
    496 energy spent - 9 shards collected 1.8%
  • Options
    I am parsing 2% per energy. So technically they didn't lie. It is 2 characters at 2%. You should get the same amount of shards it is just spread over 2 characters. This puts it in line with any other cantina farm with between 20 and 30% per sim to get a shard. I honestly need the relic mats anyway and horded some crystals, so I am going to do 6 refreshes a day. But for those that can't do that, I feel for you. I am actually not sure someone could make it to 7* in the 22 days with 6 refreshes a day without buying the packs?
  • Options
    Total attempts: 60
    Energy spent: 60*12 = 720
    Kuill: 7
    IG11: 9

Drop rate for:
    Kuill = (7/720)*100 =0.97%
    IG11 = (9/720)*100 = 1.25%
    Combined drop rate = (16/720)*100 = 2.22%

Obvi not a significant sample but it comes to a combined drop rate of ~2%.
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    So with a combined 2% drop rate, that means a 16 energy node is 32%, around the same as a normal cantina character drop. For any particular character it's half that; but if they were normal characters on two seperate nodes you're farming about the same amount.

So on average it's the same as trying to farm both vets for JTR. The difference here is you might finish one and then instead of intentionally going after the other, you might keep getting shards of the one you have.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So with a combined 2% drop rate, that means a 16 energy node is 32%, around the same as a normal cantina character drop. For any particular character it's half that; but if they were normal characters on two seperate nodes you're farming about the same amount.

So on average it's the same as trying to farm both vets for JTR. The difference here is you might finish one and then instead of intentionally going after the other, you might keep getting shards of the one you have.

Wow. How do you not get dizzy with that much spin?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Another 40 attempts on 16 nodes

2 shards each

Yeah... 300 crystals per day ain't gonna make it, right?
  • Options

....and that would make the article that Doja linked to in his announcement regarding the event completely innacurate, along with the estimated "2 refreshes to get to 7*" statement in said article.

Now, to be fair I didn't listen to the linked podcast, so if there were any statements made there that might correct the write up Doja linked to, that'd be great to know.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

....and that would make the article that Doja linked to in his announcement regarding the event completely innacurate, along with the estimated "2 refreshes to get to 7*" statement in said article.

Now, to be fair I didn't listen to the linked podcast, so if there were any statements made there that might correct the write up Doja linked to, that'd be great to know.

Yeah, I didn't really look at the site or listen to the podcast. But assuming even drops, it would take an average of 49 days to 7* both with three refreshes/day. So unless the droprate just got super screwed up and it was meant to be 4% each instead of 2% combined, I'm not sure how 2 refreshes would get you to 7* in 22 days. Now, if you bought the 3x $20 five-character pack, and both of the $10 individual packs, you're down to 30 days for both at 3 refreshes. So still way off if someone was estimating two refreshes.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    p4locd17bv5j.jpeg

This was our guild average as well
  • Options
    1% per toon is pathetic and definitely a departure from similar past events. This needs to be addressed by the devs. Is this WAI? Or did they intentionally mislead everyone?

@CG_Doja_Fett
  • Options
    They forgot the footnote that's says if you buy all the packs, then with refeshes you might 7* in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA 3 full 100 crystal refreshes....1 Kuill, ZERO IG-11. Keep selling them packs, CG.
  • Options
    54 x 16 = 864 energy... 7 İG11 and 7 Kuill... we've been deceived again...
  • Options
    If you go into the journey guide event, there are packs for 350 crystals. There's a better chance of getting shards from there at a lower crystal cost than from doing these bogus refreshes.

You might get other event characters, but it seems you have a much higher chance of getting shards for IG-11 or Kuill from those 350 crystal packs than from doing these cantina nodes.

I'm guessing this is another "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" kind of things. Maybe you all should fix this one ASAP?
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    1% per toon is pathetic and definitely a departure from similar past events. This needs to be addressed by the devs. Is this WAI? Or did they intentionally mislead everyone?

@CG_Doja_Fett

I have a feeling he's gonna wake up to 1000 messages and say, "aw crap...."
  • Options
    3 refreshes on 16 energy node: 2 Ig-11 shards and zero for Kuiil.
    No comment 😒
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

I have a feeling he's gonna wake up to 1000 messages and say, "aw crap...."

Hi there, fellow Arena Shard mate
  • Options
    If you go into the journey guide event, there are packs for 350 crystals. There's a better chance of getting shards from there at a lower crystal cost than from doing these bogus refreshes.

You might get other event characters, but it seems you have a much higher chance of getting shards for IG-11 or Kuill from those 350 crystal packs than from doing these cantina nodes.

I'm guessing this is another "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" kind of things. Maybe you all should fix this one ASAP?

Thanks dude, just spent my 5000 crystals there

I got both to 4 and half stars, but better than those drop rates
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the first catch. Will there be another one with the event so CG stays true to form? Maybe something like technically permanently added to the JG but "turned on" only on selected days...
    And there I was, thinking that they were actually generous for once. Should have known better.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

Because he linked it? Are suggesting he linked it but didn't read it?
    Yes?
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

By my calculations, you would have had approximately 60 new shards of each if you farmed with 5,000 crytals.

5,000 crystals x 120 energy/crystal = 6,000 energy

6,000 energy x .01 shard/energy = 60 shards.

If you had them at 3* plus 10 shards, you'd now have them at 4* with 40/65 shards, so still 4.5*. The discouraging part is that you could get hosed either way - by randomness of cantina drops or by getting redundant characters in the journey pack. What a disappointment.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

To put it on perspective

For the energy and crystals I've spent to date on farming them, it was 1500 crystals worth, and I got a blowmind total of 15 shards from both, give or take

For the amount of 4900 crystals (twice the 2450 one), I got +50 each, and that was bad luck, on the first pack I got almost every drop Greef (which I had at 7* alredy)

I think the packs are worthier than the node refresh
  • Options
    So with my hoarded energy and 5 refreshes today I had about 1700 energy to spend. Got 19 Kuiil and 20 IG11 and was bitterly disappointed. Now I see that I may be even above average. :-(

Refreshing 5 times a day for a whooping 700 crystals a day plus daily energy gives you about 765 cantina energy a day. Thats about 15.000 in 20 days. I need about 25.000 energy to seven star them if I did not miscalculate.

Its still free, its still a bonus yes. But its also lousy, lousy communication. Why tease the community and do not openly state that it wont be possible to unlock the event without spending hundreds of dollars (or their crystal's worth)?

With drop rates more like galactic chase on cantina nodes (2% each for 4% together) it would still have been expensive in crystals to seven star them but this is bitter.
  • Options
    I’ve used over 500 energy on First Order Executioner’s farm (8 energy) and I’ve gotten 4 IG11 shards & 5 Kuill shards... @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Options
    I spent 1808 and got 30 of each shard on 16 energy nodes.
    I was pretty disappointed with that rate but it seems like I have done well compared to some others. Will have to keep an eye on it.