Assault battles reverted back to 1 day

Replies

  • Hortus wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Goodwill....by taking something away, regardless of if it was tied to Cpit or not, does not buy any goodwill.

    Sooo... they give you some additional rewards for limited time, then this time come to end and you think they aren't acting in good will, really? Let's say you give a gift to someone, next day you don't and he complains about it. How would you feel about it? Would you call such behavior mature and logical?

    To be fair,the AB were a 2 day event like we had for Christmas,but they just made it a 24h event just before the new tiers rolled out,so to think that after 1 year we might got them back as a 2 day event was not that far fetched and also it should not be seen as a kindness because they were a 2 day event before, and when they reduced them to 1 day events they did not discussed the issue.
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's always odd to me when people think they know how CG could make tons more money just by making people on the forums happy.

    If it was that simple they'd have to be pretty stupid to not do it. I therefore believe it's not that simple.

    It’s odd to me that you think people don’t know the simple concept of how to make a consumer base happy. Better customer relations and a happy consumer base means more people willing to spend, which means more income. It’s a fairly simple formula, one that CG doesn’t know how to grasp.
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They never made an announcement that it was upped to 2 days, so its not a big deal to find out it reverted back to 1 day without any notice

    Timing and context. Perhaps now wasn’t the best time to take away something from the player base after the Crancor drop and terrible handling of the blowback of it. Adding fuel to the fire IMO

    Why not?

    They didn’t up AB because of CPit so no reason why they should keep it 2 days because of it

    That is a completely separate subject w.r.t. ABs

    Willing to spend =/= spending, so no it does not equal more income. It may equal more potential, but as someone who has pointed at the lack of content, dont you think that potential may not be enough to actually increase spending?

    I can speak for me.

    Exactly!

    This is why they know better than you. Because you can only speak for you.
    TVF wrote: »
    Blubcop wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Much appreciated and helps immensely with the gear crunch they refuse to ever fix.

    I never understood why people are expecting CG to "fix" the gear crunch, when farming for gear and not beeing able to maximise their characters without effort (or money) is one of the biggest parts that define the game.

    Because they want free stuff.

    lol

    Agreed! Glad you understand now.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    How dare we actually want to play with the characters we spend so much time and effort gearing up. The audacity!

    New game mode sounds interesting to me too.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Blubcop wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Much appreciated and helps immensely with the gear crunch they refuse to ever fix.

    I never understood why people are expecting CG to "fix" the gear crunch, when farming for gear and not beeing able to maximise their characters without effort (or money) is one of the biggest parts that define the game.

    Hmmm because any other mobile collector game alleviates older gear choke points as time goes on so as not to create burnout. It still moves the goal posts but rather than have to deal with day one gear crunches as we still have, newer ones replace old gear choke points for multiple reasons.
    1.) It keeps older players involved and gives more value to rosters overall because they can keep older/non meta toons somewhat relevant. Currently it costs insane valuable gear to get toons to G8. Stun guns, carbs, cuffs and the new and improved kyrotech that they claimed would alleviate the gear crunch (lmfao). It shouldn’t be that way. At this point in the game it should be easy to get characters to G12 and the choke points should be g12 gear, G12+, finishers, kyro’s and relic material. Unfortunately g8 gear is still a grind which is absurd. So older players get burnt out and leave.

    2.) It makes it easier for new players to catch up. The game is 5 years old. Players new may be in new shards but they don’t want to be 5 years behind. The hyperdrive bundle helps with that but not 5 years worth and not many want to drop $100 on one pack in a mobile game regardless of its value. So if a newer player feels too burdened then they quit and move on to something else.

    That’s why CG should be alleviating the older gear choke points. Nobody is asking for free stuff. However several different gear choke points is too much. That’s why they’re losing revenue and downloads to MSF lately. They’ve properly moved the choke points as progression moves along.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's always odd to me when people think they know how CG could make tons more money just by making people on the forums happy.

    If it was that simple they'd have to be pretty stupid to not do it. I therefore believe it's not that simple.

    It’s odd to me that you think people don’t know the simple concept of how to make a consumer base happy. Better customer relations and a happy consumer base means more people willing to spend, which means more income. It’s a fairly simple formula, one that CG doesn’t know how to grasp.
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They never made an announcement that it was upped to 2 days, so its not a big deal to find out it reverted back to 1 day without any notice

    Timing and context. Perhaps now wasn’t the best time to take away something from the player base after the Crancor drop and terrible handling of the blowback of it. Adding fuel to the fire IMO

    Why not?

    They didn’t up AB because of CPit so no reason why they should keep it 2 days because of it

    That is a completely separate subject w.r.t. ABs

    Willing to spend =/= spending, so no it does not equal more income. It may equal more potential, but as someone who has pointed at the lack of content, dont you think that potential may not be enough to actually increase spending?

    Lmao what? It actually does. If you have a player who is not willing to spend, there’s zero chance for any revenue. If they are willing to spend then, as you said the potential is there and when new things come out, value packs, packs to finish GL’s, crystal sales, etc then you have revenue streams.
    As ly4 said, when Doja came around I too started spending again. I dropped plenty on a vault, the holiday crystal packs, and other fun gear packs they had. So I got back in my dolphin/whale mode after years because I had renewed hope in their quality control and community interaction. Then Crancor hit and now my wallet is closed again. There goes $100-$200 a month I would’ve spent here and instead will use it on another game or rather just keep it. Better quality customer relations and community interaction means more income.
  • Ravens, if CG made every single change you've ever complained about, you'd still still say it wasn't enough.
    I truly don't understand people like you that continue to play a game that causes so much anger. Unless your real joy comes from ranting about everything on a forum

    Considering I complain about the same things, I’m fairly certain I’d be pleased if they ever did at least one.
    Gear economy, consistent and transparent communication, proper testing.

    That’s too hard to ask for? Geez I must be going nuts to expect that of a game that’s grossed 1.2 billion dollars on the back of its platform alone. I guarantee if this was any other title it wouldn’t be nearly as successful.
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    Good thing I have plenty of resources in my back pocket to take some to g9.

    So resourceful!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.
    Free at last
  • And back to having less to do in game. Pfffttt
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.

    Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try.
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.

    Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try.

    MBA says hello friends.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The CG update about reverting the music back made me laugh, didn't even realize they'd put Mandalorian music in, I have sound turned off
    This is the Way
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.

    Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try.

    MBA says hello friends.

    Phew! A journey character who falls short of a journey heroes relevance in the game. Totally makes up for the last couple years of GAS, DR, Malak, GL’s, etc. Thanks for clearing that up CGF, I mean TVF.

    You're welcome, always happy to help clear up your misconceptions.

    Except all you’ve done is miss the point by refusing to acknowledge that outside of the blip of BMando, all the recent character releases since DR have required high gear reqs and have only increased since then, culminating with the GL’s and collectively requiring dozens of high relic characters.

    Always happy to try and get you to see the growing paywall of CG buddy!

    1) Not a paywall.

    2) Me correcting one part of your statement /= missing the point
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.

    Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try.

    MBA says hello friends.

    Phew! A journey character who falls short of a journey heroes relevance in the game. Totally makes up for the last couple years of GAS, DR, Malak, GL’s, etc. Thanks for clearing that up CGF, I mean TVF.

    You're welcome, always happy to help clear up your misconceptions.

    Except all you’ve done is miss the point by refusing to acknowledge that outside of the blip of BMando, all the recent character releases since DR have required high gear reqs and have only increased since then, culminating with the GL’s and collectively requiring dozens of high relic characters.

    Always happy to try and get you to see the growing paywall of CG buddy!

    1) Not a paywall.

    2) Me correcting one part of your statement /= missing the point

    1.) What’s not a paywall? The GL’s? Malak when he first came out? Gas when he was first released? JKL? DR? JKR? Ahhh ok I must’ve missed the whole F2P friendliness of those releases.

    2.) Clearly you are. Just because BMando was the most F2P friendly character release in the last 2+ years does not discredit anything else I said that the new requirement for character releases and events are high relics. Crancor, GeoTB’s, GL’s, GAS, DR, Malak all say hello! And I guarantee you Conquest will pay a visit to say hi as well.
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Gear economy is great. My biggest advantage over those who can't manage resources.

    Interesting. Cause it seems that with this new conquest mode coming, and the introduction of stamina...gear economy changes will be needed now more than ever considering you can’t really on only a few teams. Sounds like you’ll need your entire roster to do so and I’m fairly certain that g8 toons just won’t cut it :)

    This is a character collection and resource management game. Goal should be to 7* all characters and ships.

    Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try.

    MBA says hello friends.

    Phew! A journey character who falls short of a journey heroes relevance in the game. Totally makes up for the last couple years of GAS, DR, Malak, GL’s, etc. Thanks for clearing that up CGF, I mean TVF.

    You're welcome, always happy to help clear up your misconceptions.

    Except all you’ve done is miss the point by refusing to acknowledge that outside of the blip of BMando, all the recent character releases since DR have required high gear reqs and have only increased since then, culminating with the GL’s and collectively requiring dozens of high relic characters.

    Always happy to try and get you to see the growing paywall of CG buddy!

    1) Not a paywall.

    2) Me correcting one part of your statement /= missing the point

    1.) What’s not a paywall? The GL’s? Malak when he first came out? Gas when he was first released? JKL? DR? JKR? Ahhh ok I must’ve missed the whole F2P friendliness of those releases.

    2.) Clearly you are. Just because BMando was the most F2P friendly character release in the last 2+ years does not discredit anything else I said that the new requirement for character releases and events are high relics. Crancor, GeoTB’s, GL’s, GAS, DR, Malak all say hello! And I guarantee you Conquest will pay a visit to say hi as well.

    1) Paywall does not mean what you keep trying to make it mean.

    2) I never said it discredited other things you said no matter how much you want to keep arguing with me about it.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Original statement:

    "Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try."

    For MBA, incorrect. Keep arguing the rest of it all you want, I don't care.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Original statement:

    "Yeah but unfortunately we’ve long moved past 7* being the requirement and now high relic gears being the requirement to even try."

    For MBA, incorrect. Keep arguing the rest of it all you want, I don't care.

    So for all those toons I listed, even MBA, F2P had access to them on day one?

    F2P had access to MBA day one, yes. Everything was farmable.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't think there's anyone that is happy about this. Not even us shill employee plants.

    With that said, a month of it was better than no month of it. Shrug.

    This pretty much sums it up...

    Just wanted to register my disappointment too.. Not that anyone cares lol.
    Something to do whilst having a brew!

    Without fixed expectations from the start of it's short term duration, a negative response from the masses is probably unsurprising.

    Could do and should do better.
  • Gifafi
    5697 posts Member
    Everything for free, and today(!), no less. Lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CG has got to be the most stingiest company I’ve ever see. All of these other squad based games are doing it right.
  • TVF
    31092 posts Member
    13jkelly wrote: »
    CG has got to be the most stingiest company I’ve ever see. All of these other squad based games are doing it right.

    If it were me and I hated the game I'd stop playing it. For some reason I'm an outlier here.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    13jkelly wrote: »
    CG has got to be the most stingiest company I’ve ever see. All of these other squad based games are doing it right.

    If it were me and I hated the game I'd stop playing it. For some reason I'm an outlier here.

    The frustration people have probably has more to do with the potential this game has vs. it's current state... and with it being the only SW mobile game of its kind.

  • TVF wrote: »
    13jkelly wrote: »
    CG has got to be the most stingiest company I’ve ever see. All of these other squad based games are doing it right.

    If it were me and I hated the game I'd stop playing it. For some reason I'm an outlier here.

    Is it the game or CG’s handling of it that they hate
Sign In or Register to comment.