The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Well the raid can be beaten by 7 people. That’s amazing!
    Like GC this raid is a steep difficulty curve. But once you are strong enough it falls with less people and quicker and quicker.
    Our guild finished it yesterday in 36 min and with less members.
    It’s still a train wreck of a design but with the proper teams and mods it’s doable with 7 people. Already!!! Lol!!
    Can’t wait to see what’s going to solo it first!!
    When sith raid first launched it took us longer to first clear it then pit challenge did. We cleared this raid day one.

A few things - first off, that 7 person was hardly an average guild, even for whales (they were running maxed Kam). Even they mentioned the issue with an accidental early post - so they were stuck with the three that were already in (just past the 6 minute mark in the video).

Finally, we all know what's going to solo first - SLKR. We just need to see what his supporting cast is going to look like - my guess would be Wat, Armorer and/or Hoda will be involved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Like GC this raid is a steep difficulty curve. But once you are strong enough it falls with less people and quicker and quicker.
    It’s still a train wreck of a design but with the proper teams and mods it’s doable with 7 people. Already!!! Lol!!
    When sith raid first launched it took us longer to first clear it then pit challenge did. We cleared this raid day one.

A few things - first off, that 7 person was hardly an average guild, even for whales (they were running maxed Kam). Even they mentioned the issue with an accidental early post - so they were stuck with the three that were already in (just past the 6 minute mark in the video).

Finally, we all know what's going to solo first - SLKR. We just need to see what his supporting cast is going to look like - my guess would be Wat, Armorer and/or Hoda will be involved.

I'm guessing that they will nerf SLKR's effectiveness in raids here shortly...by placing a limit on his siphon stacks. This way, he's not nerfed for the arena, TW, or GAC, but won't be able to solo the HSTR (which many people hate due to the top 10 and more being SLKR solo's) or a single phase of the CPIT.

As far as the stacking mechanic...I don't think they will do anything about that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I'm guessing that they will nerf SLKR's effectiveness in raids here shortly...by placing a limit on his siphon stacks. This way, he's not nerfed for the arena, TW, or GAC, but won't be able to solo the HSTR (which many people hate due to the top 10 and more being SLKR solo's) or a single phase of the CPIT.

As far as the stacking mechanic...I don't think they will do anything about that.

They are more likely to change the mechanics with something that will also bring him "in line" included, but I dont see them placing a hard limit on SLKR specifically, they have never done anything like that, and I dont think they will start now.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They are more likely to change the mechanics with something that will also bring him "in line" included, but I dont see them placing a hard limit on SLKR specifically, they have never done anything like that, and I dont think they will start now.

They reworked Zombie completely due to her performance in the HSTR, how would limiting SLKR's siphon stacks be more intrusive than that?
  • Options

They reworked Zombie completely due to her performance in the HSTR, how would limiting SLKR's siphon stacks be more intrusive than that?

Zombie was a unique case. Their stated reason, as I recall, for reworking her was that no toon should get worse with increased investment.

I can't see SLK not soloing HSR going over well. Rewards lottery is no fun. And many of us farmed him over other GLs or hoarding because of HSR.
  • Options
    I’m fairly pessimistic about the likelihood of the devs making changes to the soft enrage mechanic.

There must be comfortably 600+ guilds clearing this raid now, based on us being #537 with one completion this month (goes to 2 completions in a couple of hours).

The longer they leave it, the more guilds will crack it, the less they’ll see that there’s anything wrong
  • Options

Zombie was a unique case. Their stated reason, as I recall, for reworking her was that no toon should get worse with increased investment.

I can't see SLK not soloing HSR going over well. Rewards lottery is no fun. And many of us farmed him over other GLs or hoarding because of HSR.

SLKR is a unique case as well. And many of us farmed Rey over SLKR...then SLKR got buffed.....SLKR is a monster that could use a little muzzling in the raids.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry, I read that as limiting his siphon in the raid (as a note on the raid end), not directly to SLKR, I was wrong on that.

But I still dont believe they will do that, as it extends beyond this raid, and also does nothing for the future of the content. They are more likely to adjust the raid to future proof, rather than SLKR, and then have to worry about this down the line when another toon with a similar mastery manipulation comes out.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I’m fairly pessimistic about the likelihood of the devs making changes to the soft enrage mechanic.

There must be comfortably 600+ guilds clearing this raid now, based on us being #537 with one completion this month (goes to 2 completions in a couple of hours).

The longer they leave it, the more guilds will crack it, the less they’ll see that there’s anything wrong

Except the problem is not that the raid is too difficult to clear.

The problem is that its completely unfun to manage as an officer, and unfun to play. And that will never change no matter how many guilds can beat it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes that is a rather pessimistic view. There is more to what they look at than completion rate.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

The problem is that its completely unfun to manage as an officer, and unfun to play. And that will never change no matter how many guilds can beat it.

Absolutely!
  • Options

Sorry, I read that as limiting his siphon in the raid (as a note on the raid end), not directly to SLKR, I was wrong on that.

But I still dont believe they will do that, as it extends beyond this raid, and also does nothing for the future of the content. They are more likely to adjust the raid to future proof, rather than SLKR, and then have to worry about this down the line when another toon with a similar mastery manipulation comes out.

Yes, but by limiting SLKR's siphon in raids, that itself will future proof upcoming raids against SLKR...just one less thing they have to worry about when releasing a new raid.

So limiting the siphon will:
    Stop HSTR solo's
    Stop Phase solo's and high damage scores in Cpit
    Future proofs him against future raids.

Also, even if limiting the siphon happens outside of raids, it won't affect other areas as he doesn't have the time to gain monster stack in TW, Arena or GAC, so SLKR will still be the pain in the backside he is now in those modes.
  • Options

SLKR is a unique case as well. And many of us farmed Rey over SLKR...then SLKR got buffed.....SLKR is a monster that could use a little muzzling in the raids.

Don't disagree with any of what you said. Just wanted to highlight that the issue with Zombie was that lower gear was better in the raid than higher gear.

Since I farmed SLK, grudgingly, for the sake of raids. I would selfishly rather them not break him in HSR. Don't care much what/how they change cPit.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Yes that is a rather pessimistic view. There is more to what they look at than completion rate.

Such as? Always your cryptic hints but no details...
    The way it seems now, they are just waiting for it to blow over with some vague statements about "looking into it" which seems to be enough for some people.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

Thought it was pretty clear I feel the same way about the management?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes, but by limiting SLKR's siphon in raids, that itself will future proof upcoming raids against SLKR...just one less thing they have to worry about when releasing a new raid.

Stop HSTR solo's
    Stop Phase solo's and high damage scores in Cpit
    Future proofs him against future raids.

Also, even if limiting the siphon happens outside of raids, it won't affect other areas as he doesn't have the time to gain monster stack in TW, Arena or GAC, so SLKR will still be the pain in the backside he is now in those modes.

Unless they are ok with Kylo being developed to the point of eventually being able to solo the raid down the road. Which is why I dont think they will do a hard limit on him.
  • Options

Stop HSTR solo's
    And...that's a good thing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

The way it seems now, they are just waiting for it to blow over with some vague statements about "looking into it" which seems to be enough for some people.

Again, another pessimistic viewpoint, not really based on anything other than wanting to be negative about the situation. How is looking into it vague? That seems to be specific to the situation, as Doja has outlined at least some of the sentiments being expressed are being passed to them.

I'm not being cryptic, I was merely point out there is more to it than that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Again, another pessimistic viewpoint, not really based on anything other than wanting to be negative about the situation. How is looking into it vague? That seems to be specific to the situation, as Doja has outlined at least some of the sentiments being expressed are being passed to them.

I don't want to be negative, I just know what to expect. It's called realism, not pessimism.
    And saying "there is more to it" without elaborating isn't much better than not saying anything at all. In fact, for me personally, it might actually be worse, but others may take it differently.
  • Options
    Pretty sure all Caps is against the rules ;)

He was using lowercase spaces.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Pretty sure all Caps is against the rules ;)

He was using lowercase spaces.
    How can you tell? :p
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't want to be negative, I just know what to expect. It's called realism, not pessimism.
    And saying "there is more to it" without elaborating isn't much better than not saying anything at all. In fact, for me personally, it might actually be worse, but others may take it differently.

Ok, I dont ever see it that way, as people may not be aware there is more to it than they think, but I also dont see a need to dive into more detail on that, as it doesn't change the situation.
  • 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    One of the reasons that this game has fit so well into the lives of a lot of players was that it used to be possible to play it at times that were convenient for each player. This raid is the first event that forces players to either prioritize the raid over the usual course of their lives or let down their guilds. Some players will sacrifice sleep, family time, and work to help their guilds complete the raid. Others will quit the game or become more casual players uninterested in spending money on a game that hands them such an unfair dilemma. Neither outcome would be good for CG or the players long-term.

On the other hand, if the raid gets fixed soon, it could be a win for both CG and the players. That seems so obvious that I'm still optimistic it'll happen. But it would be great to have that confirmed.
    Post edited by 0dysseusK on
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't have the time to read through all of these posts ... however, having just finished our 2nd attempt at the raid I can say ... the coordination aspect of this raid is TERRIBLE! I get it that the raid is hard ... fine. However, as an officer, I don't have the time to try and coordinate our guild members into a tiny time window to hit the raid in airplane mode. It's just too much effort ... this is, after all, a mobile app.

So, here's a QUALITY OF LIFE FIX, the raid -- as it stands -- requires members to go into airplane mode and hit the raid all at once to avoid the damage modifier that triggers an increased difficulty in the raid. CG can get the same effect WITHOUT the huge coordination effort by:

1. removing the damage modifier (the increase in difficulty with more dmg), and
    2. limiting each guild member to only one team per phase (with retreat)

This is effectively what occurs right now by trying to get everyone into airplane mode and attacking at one BUT making these changes would remove the HUGE coordination effort ... it would actually let us use the 48-hrs more effectively.

Please ... PLEASE ... consider this QUALITY OF LIFE adjustment. I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, but make this change ASAP.

• 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Firefox54 wrote: »

This makes good sense, except they'd also have to make it so the Rancor can't immediately devour in p2. Giving each player 5 battles for the whole raid, like we used to get per day in lower-tier raids, could work well.

If it were one battle per phase, they could also keep the ramping damage mechanic if it were calculated per player and if a player couldn't use the same squad across multiple phases.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    0dysseusK wrote: »

This makes good sense, except they'd also have to make it so the Rancor can't immediately devour in p2. Giving each player 5 battles for the whole raid, like we used to get per day in lower-tier raids, could work well.

If it were one battle per phase, they could also keep the ramping damage mechanic if it were calculated per player and if a player couldn't use the same squad across multiple phases.

If this is something they want to keep in this mode, it will likely be done in a less direct/permanent way. Even the ramping we see right now, in theory can be developed past. So they would likely keep it in a way that has an eventual "out" vs a hard limit.
  • Options

If this is something they want to keep in this mode, it will likely be done in a less direct/permanent way. Even the ramping we see right now, in theory can be developed past. So they would likely keep it in a way that has an eventual "out" vs a hard limit.

@Kyno ... is there an update on the raid, or a place where updates can be found easily (I don't have the time to go through 88 pages of forum posts)? Are they planning a change to the raid?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Kyno ... is there an update on the raid, or a place where updates can be found easily (I don't have the time to go through 88 pages of forum posts)? Are they planning a change to the raid?

They are still looking into it. That is about all we have heard.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno ... is there an update on the raid, or a place where updates can be found easily (I don't have the time to go through 88 pages of forum posts)? Are they planning a change to the raid?

They have not made any statements that are committing to anything at the moment, from my understanding they are still looking at options, data, and player sentiment before they will make an announcement about their decision. Much of this is pretty straightforward, but they dont seem to be comfortable making a statement until the are more solid on the path forward (or a still possible outcome of no change)
  • Options

No, there is no update. We have no idea if they are planning on making a change, since they refuse to say anything about it.