Do developers dislike the bright side of the force?

Prev1
Mirlighter
46 posts Member
edited April 2021
Over the past couple of years, a lot of useless irrelevant light side characters have been introduced into the game. But the characters are dark, each new one is very cool.
Why is that? Where did the developers get such hatred for the bright side?

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    "Hatred" for the Light Side? There are 116 LS characters while we only got 85 on DS. There are 19 LS characters in the Journey guide while we only got 11 on DS. Heck even the order in the character overview sets Light Side over Dark Side even if it should be the other way around by alphabet. So where exactly is the "hatred" you're refering too?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    "Hatred" for the Light Side? There are 116 LS characters while we only got 85 on DS. There are 19 LS characters in the Journey guide while we only got 11 on DS. Heck even the order in the character overview sets Light Side over Dark Side even if it should be the other way around by alphabet. So where exactly is the "hatred" you're refering too?

Did you even read his comment? He said a lot of the LS characters are trash while not many DS ones are... l
  • Options

More than half of Light characters are unplayable. Well, I'm specifically talking about new characters. Almost all light ones are either worse than dark analogs or not playable at all. That's what it is about.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot of DS toons that aren't very useful too. And would it set your soul to rest if they release 31 new mediocre DS toons?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    There are a lot of DS toons that aren't very useful too. And would it set your soul to rest if they release 31 new mediocre DS toons?

Can you please tell me the DS of a useless character that has been introduced in the last two years?).
  • Options
    Mirlighter wrote: »

Can you please tell me the DS of a useless character that has been introduced in the last two years?).
    Can you do the same for LS? Apart from the last 2, which belong to a faction that is presumably yet to be developed.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

So you admit that there have been way to little new DS toons? Great, exactly my thinking.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    GL Mr. BrightSide confirmed!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options

Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Heck even the order in the character overview sets Light Side over Dark Side even if it should be the other way around by alphabet.

Literally unselectable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

This is a Bright Side thread.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

Yet there is no "Bright Side" in the game so the order is still wrong.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

It's not wrong lol, unless your arbitrary order matters, which it doesn't.
  • Options

Can you do the same for LS? Apart from the last 2, which belong to a faction that is presumably yet to be developed.

Easy. Rose Tico, Young Han Solo, Young Lando, Carth Onasi, Juhani, Mission Vao, T3-M4, Veterans Han Solo, Chewbacca, capitan Han Solo, Officer Leia. And these are the first ones that I remembered.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

We are talking about new characters. You probably haven't read what I wrote about in the post subject.
    I say that the new characters are being introduced. The dark ones are all relevant and interesting. Light 70% are useless.
    Look even now a new Hunter has been introduced. Developers did not even bother with a unique ability to do😁.
  • Mirlighter
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    If you compare Analogs. It's still worse.
    For example, legends.

Rey and Kylo. Rey vs. Kylo was nothing until JKL was introduced.
    The latter were introduced by JML and SEE.
    JML has no chance against SEE. In general, in my opinion, JML is the most stupid legend at the moment. Who has all 4 legends, I think he understands me perfectly).
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

We are talking about new characters. You probably haven't read what I wrote about in the post subject.
    I say that the new characters are being introduced. The dark ones are all relevant and interesting. Light 70% are useless.
    Look even now a new Hunter has been introduced. Developers did not even bother with a unique ability to do😁.

Easy. Rose Tico, Young Han Solo, Young Lando, Carth Onasi, Juhani, Mission Vao, T3-M4, Veterans Han Solo, Chewbacca, capitan Han Solo, Officer Leia. And these are the first ones that I remembered.

You say you're talking about new characters, yet none of the characters you listed are new...they're all from more than two years ago. The most recent one you listed is Carth, and he came in December 2018

Also they literally called out that Hunter is ushering in a new faction and his usefulness will be dependent on the other characters that haven't yet been released, can't you wait just a bit before saying that he's a bad character?
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

You say you're talking about new characters, yet none of the characters you listed are new...they're all from more than two years ago. The most recent one you listed is Carth, and he came in December 2018

Also they literally called out that Hunter is ushering in a new faction and his usefulness will be dependent on the other characters that haven't yet been released, can't you wait just a bit before saying that he's a bad character?

I said a couple of years. Not exactly two years, but a couple of years. This is indicative. Well, let it be 2-3 years, if it's more convenient. Rose, by the way, was introduced last year. It is generally useless.
  • Options
    With the hunter, yes, it is still not clear. But at the moment in the game. For example, the Mandalorian faction and two Imperial Stormtrooper characters were introduced. And what we see. Imperial stormtroopers are 1000 times more badass than the Mandalorian. The Mandalorian is only useful in defense on GA. And then only until they learned to beat him.

This is from the latter.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

I said a couple of years. Not exactly two years, but a couple of years. This is indicative. Well, let it be 2-3 years, if it's more convenient. Rose, by the way, was introduced last year. It is generally useless.

2-3 years is hardly new. Even then, that eliminates Veteran Han and Chewie, Captain Han, and Rebel Officer Leia from your list.

And by the way, Rose was NOT introduced last year. She was introduced in January 2018. It's currently April 2021, if you weren't aware.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

2-3 years is hardly new. Even then, that eliminates Veteran Han and Chewie, Captain Han, and Rebel Officer Leia from your list.

And by the way, Rose was NOT introduced last year. She was introduced in January 2018. It's currently April 2021, if you weren't aware.

How fast time passes😁. But nevertheless, it changes the meaning. Please give me an example of useless dark characters introduced in January 2018).
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

How fast time passes😁. But nevertheless, it changes the meaning. Please give me an example of useless dark characters introduced in January 2018).

Embo, Aurra Sing, Canderous. And if you count ships there's also Sith Fighter, B-28 Bomber, Xanadu Blood, IG-2000.

I don't actually think that any of these characters are useless, but judging by your posts they probably would count as useless to you. Keep in mind that there have been WAY less dark side characters that have been released, so of course there's going to be a higher likelihood of light side releases that aren't meta
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

You said 2 years, check the quotes above. If you are going that far back, you'll find DS units that are on par with Mission, such as Canderous for example.

The only two you can really point out are Bo and Armorer. Armorer is quite plug and play viable though, and Bo doesn't have her team yet. In the meantime, DS got DR, Malak, Wat, SLKR and SEE as A-tier event characters, while LS got JKR, GAS, JKL, Rey, KAM (yes, KAM, check what a popular r8 target he is). LS leads there by one character, and their Marquees like ARC, Resistance Heroes and Threepio & Chewie are on par with the best recent DS marquee characters.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

Embo, Aurra Sing, Canderous. And if you count ships there's also Sith Fighter, B-28 Bomber, Xanadu Blood, IG-2000.

I don't actually think that any of these characters are useless, but judging by your posts they probably would count as useless to you. Keep in mind that there have been WAY less dark side characters that have been released, so of course there's going to be a higher likelihood of light side releases that aren't meta

Are you actually comparing Embo and Aura to Rose Tico and Old Hansolo?
    Embo and Aura are middle managers. With very cool leaders. Their Light Side counterpart I would call Shaak-ti, Bastila Shan.
    About the fleet ... did you even play those whom you named? The IG-2000 fits the GG floor very well. The B 28 gives me little trouble with Thrawn. Xanadu Blood is invaluable to bounty hunters. Who's really bad is Sith Fighter.

I asked you to name the useless ones. And you only named one useless boat. The rest are mid-level ships / characters that are quite useful.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

Embo and Aura are middle managers. With very cool leaders. Their Light Side counterpart I would call Shaak-ti, Bastila Shan.
    It's hard to convince you otherwise when your character evaluation system is seemingly flawed. Aurra is ok as a lead, but remotely not close to Bastila, let alone Shaak Ti. Embo is even worse though. He looks cool and packs a punch, but really nothing more than a fun project and not more viable than Veteran Han under a resistance lead.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

You said 2 years, check the quotes above. If you are going that far back, you'll find DS units that are on par with Mission, such as Canderous for example.

The only two you can really point out are Bo and Armorer. Armorer is quite plug and play viable though, and Bo doesn't have her team yet. In the meantime, DS got DR, Malak, Wat, SLKR and SEE as A-tier event characters, while LS got JKR, GAS, JKL, Rey, KAM (yes, KAM, check what a popular r8 target he is). LS leads there by one character, and their Marquees like ARC, Resistance Heroes and Threepio & Chewie are on par with the best recent DS marquee characters.

I got the impression that you didn't even play these characters. If you compare them in that order. Armored is a pretty good and interesting Persian. BO has just been introduced, it is not yet known what will be there. Canderous - Mandalorian This faction is new, it is too early to say anything about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Canderous becomes the main attacker there.

Now about the analogs. Kylo is the coolest character in the game so far. He will drive everyone. He has no analogue on the bright side.
    SEE and Rey are roughly equal in strength.
    JML is a useless legend. JKL is much better than him, although not a legend.
    DR and JKR cannot even be compared here. DR replaced JKR, and surpasses it in many ways. Most of the anti-legend squads are based on the DR.
    WAT and KAM. Here again, you apparently do not have both. WAT is an incredibly cool support character. Essential almost everywhere.
    KAM ... is harder to mine than WAT. And the benefit from it is only on the 4th phase of the new pit. Well, the middle Persians can beat someone. There is no benefit from it as from something special. It can be put in one line with the FO Sith stormtrooper.
  • Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

It's hard to convince you otherwise when your character evaluation system is seemingly flawed. Aurra is ok as a lead, but remotely not close to Bastila, let alone Shaak Ti. Embo is even worse though. He looks cool and packs a punch, but really nothing more than a fun project and not more viable than Veteran Han under a resistance lead.

I have both those and those characters. And I looked at the reviews and tested them. And with great joy I would rather read the relics of Embo and Aura than Rose and Olds.
    It's just that at the moment the realities are like that. We download dark characters because they are interesting and cool to play. And 90% are light because they are required to be downloaded by the developers in order to get some kind of average light character. Since he will be needed for TB.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Alphabetically

Bright side > Dark side

Dark Side > Light Side

WAT and KAM. Here again, you apparently do not have both. WAT is an incredibly cool support character. Essential almost everywhere.
    KAM ... is harder to mine than WAT. And the benefit from it is only on the 4th phase of the new pit. Well, the middle Persians can beat someone. There is no benefit from it as from something special. It can be put in one line with the FO Sith stormtrooper.
    I have r8 KAM and r5 Wat so you picked the wrong target for your assumptions. KAM is so much more than P4 Pit... but then again, if you had him you'd know.

Wat is obviously more versatile, that won't make KAM much less valuable to have. You can check however how relevant is JKR in the meta now and how relevant is DR. JKR is in just as good of a spot now, if not better. And JML is not just some filler GL below JKL viability, so again, hard to convince you otherwise when you are not willing to evaluate characters properly.
  • Options
    If anyone has ever wondered what an argument between humans and a bot programmed to use Google translate 5 times before posting, this is it.