"To Me, She is Royalty" In-Game Title Awarded

2Next

Replies

  • SemiGod
    2211 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    We don’t take false Doja slander here.


  • iZeta
    12 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Imagine saying something so blasphemous... couldn’t be me

  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    hey dojo is the best thing that happened to forums In a while and he never mocked anyone so stop with false accusations
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Seems like you're taking some liberties with your conclusions.

    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions, can't I? They are mine, I can think whatever I want.
    Don't push this discussion on that road, if my conclusions are wrong I'll gladly admit it. If I'm wrong it would be better for me, for you, for the whole community, and I don't have any problems admitting it.
    Can you point out where I made fun of people reporting bugs?
    Here:
    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol
    Writing that way (normal letters, then capital letters, then normal ones and so on) in many communities is a way to mock people in a harsh way, implying they are dumb and don't understand very simple things that the elite group of that communities know, perpretating a behaviour of ostracism towards those people. This is a very simple way of explaining the whole thing, but I'm sure you know the phenomenon.
    Said that there are many (at least some that I know) that report bugs and ask what are they doing with their time.
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.
    Was that your intention? I don't think so, but scripta manent and I can't know what your intentions were by writing that, I can only read what is written.
    Was that what you meant? Can you explain better what you wanted to achieve with that post? Were you not aware of the meaning of writing that way in many communities?


    To everyone else:
    I'm good with Doja, I think he's doing a good job in his role, but that doesn't mean he's perfect.
    What I quoted was something I really didn't like and pointed out, that doesn't mean I condemn him as a person nor the work he's done until now. There's something I liked a lot, something less, and this I didn't like at all. That's it.
  • This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    And that's not what I wrote. Read better.
    Mocking people for reporting bugs... lol that would be fun to watch, an automated one, you send the bug and it answers "yEAh, liKE thAT's tHe reASon yOu CAn't GeT pASt thAT enEMy" :D

    Still admitting that's mocking, thanks.

    Last time I answer to someone else than Doja, I don't have the time nor the will to answer to others.
  • Ultra
    8457 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    You know you aren't actually Lady Galadriel right?

    To me, she is royalty
  • Rebmes
    309 posts Member
    Keep up the good work Doja and thanks for keeping it real
  • Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You know you aren't actually Lady Galadriel right?

    To me, she is royalty

    Beautiful
  • SemiGod
    2211 posts Member
    edited April 8
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Seems like you're taking some liberties with your conclusions.

    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions, can't I? They are mine, I can think whatever I want.
    Don't push this discussion on that road, if my conclusions are wrong I'll gladly admit it. If I'm wrong it would be better for me, for you, for the whole community, and I don't have any problems admitting it.
    Can you point out where I made fun of people reporting bugs?
    Here:
    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs. This is mocking people who complain that CG doesn't do anything, when in fact they are doing things. Reporting a bug and coming to their forums to ask them what are they even doing if they are doing specifically what *I* want are very different.

    Spot on. I was making light of the folks who make statements insinuating we do nothing. At no point did I make light of people reporting bugs. Reporting bugs helps everyone and I appreciate the people who do so.

    Don’t worry Doja, we got your back. ;)

  • SemiGod wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Seems like you're taking some liberties with your conclusions.

    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions, can't I? They are mine, I can think whatever I want.
    Don't push this discussion on that road, if my conclusions are wrong I'll gladly admit it. If I'm wrong it would be better for me, for you, for the whole community, and I don't have any problems admitting it.
    Can you point out where I made fun of people reporting bugs?
    Here:
    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs. This is mocking people who complain that CG doesn't do anything, when in fact they are doing things. Reporting a bug and coming to their forums to ask them what are they even doing if they are doing specifically what *I* want are very different.

    Spot on. I was making light of the folks who make statements insinuating we do nothing. At no point did I make light of people reporting bugs. Reporting bugs helps everyone and I appreciate the people who do so.

    Don’t worry Doja, we got your back. ;)

    I appreciate it. I def want folks to be able to speak up and offer valid criticism. It's important for me to know their concerns, issues and needs. However, when my points or statements are misused or taken out of context, it's important to make sure they get clarified.

    Also...looking fwd to chatting w y'all in Discord tomorrow!

    Noisette says, "hi"
  • SemiGod
    2211 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Seems like you're taking some liberties with your conclusions.

    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions, can't I? They are mine, I can think whatever I want.
    Don't push this discussion on that road, if my conclusions are wrong I'll gladly admit it. If I'm wrong it would be better for me, for you, for the whole community, and I don't have any problems admitting it.
    Can you point out where I made fun of people reporting bugs?
    Here:
    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs. This is mocking people who complain that CG doesn't do anything, when in fact they are doing things. Reporting a bug and coming to their forums to ask them what are they even doing if they are doing specifically what *I* want are very different.

    Spot on. I was making light of the folks who make statements insinuating we do nothing. At no point did I make light of people reporting bugs. Reporting bugs helps everyone and I appreciate the people who do so.

    Don’t worry Doja, we got your back. ;)

    I appreciate it. I def want folks to be able to speak up and offer valid criticism. It's important for me to know their concerns, issues and needs. However, when my points or statements are misused or taken out of context, it's important to make sure they get clarified.

    Also...looking fwd to chatting w y'all in Discord tomorrow!

    Noisette says, "hi"

    Awesome, I’ll cashew later!
  • This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    And that's not what I wrote. Read better.

    Uhhh.....
    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions....
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    What level of trolling is this?
  • This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    And that's not what I wrote. Read better.

    Uhhh.....
    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions....
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    What level of trolling is this?

    The kind that you can't read properly. So should I assume you are trolling us?
    I wrote:
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    He wrote:
    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    English is not my first language, but that "for" makes a lot of difference.

    Let me make as simple as I can get with an adult:
    - there are people who report bugs
    - there are people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    - there are people who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time" (since there are relevant bugs older than 1 year)
    - Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    Conclusion:
    Group 2 and 3 say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked group 2 and 3, group 3 is of people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time"), Doja mocked people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time").
    Easy enough?
    It's not Doja mocked people for reporting bugs, but Doja mocked people who report bugs, not everyone who report bugs, but those who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time".
    I explained this to my 9 year old nephew and he understood, I hope it's easy enough for you and Doja.


    And well, since you Doja have the time to answer others and not me I'll assume you don't want to.
    Go on with your simps and congratulations for making someone who wanted to point out a problem and improve this game's experience and community run away.
    GG, never coming back here again, wish everyone all the best :blush:
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    Last time I answer to someone else than Doja, I don't have the time nor the will to answer to others.

    Hmmmmm
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    8457 posts Moderator
    A community manager mocking players is certainly concerning and a valid point to bring up but,
    I explained this to my 9 year old nephew and he understood, I hope it's easy enough for you and Doja.

    in the future, if you are going to complain about people mocking other people, its best not to be someone who mocks others either

    Hard to take someone seriously who is doing the very thing he is complaining about
  • This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    And that's not what I wrote. Read better.

    Uhhh.....
    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions....
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    What level of trolling is this?

    The kind that you can't read properly. So should I assume you are trolling us?
    I wrote:
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    He wrote:
    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    English is not my first language, but that "for" makes a lot of difference.

    Let me make as simple as I can get with an adult:
    - there are people who report bugs
    - there are people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    - there are people who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time" (since there are relevant bugs older than 1 year)
    - Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    Conclusion:
    Group 2 and 3 say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked group 2 and 3, group 3 is of people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time"), Doja mocked people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time").
    Easy enough?
    It's not Doja mocked people for reporting bugs, but Doja mocked people who report bugs, not everyone who report bugs, but those who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time".
    I explained this to my 9 year old nephew and he understood, I hope it's easy enough for you and Doja.


    And well, since you Doja have the time to answer others and not me I'll assume you don't want to.
    Go on with your simps and congratulations for making someone who wanted to point out a problem and improve this game's experience and community run away.
    GG, never coming back here again, wish everyone all the best :blush:

    Why are groups 2 and 3 automatically getting grouped together? There's where the logic breaks down. I never referenced Group 1 or 3. Only Group 2.

    And even then it was a tongue-in-cheek comment illustrating that sometimes it takes more time than I would like to get things done.
  • This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    And that's not what I wrote. Read better.

    Uhhh.....
    I take all the liberties I want with my conclusions....
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    What level of trolling is this?

    The kind that you can't read properly. So should I assume you are trolling us?
    I wrote:
    Conclusion: with that sentence to me (better?) you were making fun of people reporting bugs.

    He wrote:
    This is not mocking people for reporting bugs.

    English is not my first language, but that "for" makes a lot of difference.

    Let me make as simple as I can get with an adult:
    - there are people who report bugs
    - there are people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    - there are people who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time" (since there are relevant bugs older than 1 year)
    - Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time"
    Conclusion:
    Group 2 and 3 say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked people who say "what are they doing with their time", Doja mocked group 2 and 3, group 3 is of people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time"), Doja mocked people who report bugs (and say "what are they doing with their time").
    Easy enough?
    It's not Doja mocked people for reporting bugs, but Doja mocked people who report bugs, not everyone who report bugs, but those who report bugs and say "what are they doing with their time".
    I explained this to my 9 year old nephew and he understood, I hope it's easy enough for you and Doja.


    And well, since you Doja have the time to answer others and not me I'll assume you don't want to.
    Go on with your simps and congratulations for making someone who wanted to point out a problem and improve this game's experience and community run away.
    GG, never coming back here again, wish everyone all the best :blush:

    If I may step in to this conversation. I think Doja mocking any players is a valid concern. I also think the people posting the "What are they doing with their time" with no reason behind it are in no position to be making those complaints, and even if Doja's response isn't proper as a community manager, it is definitely proper as a human. Regarding the people bringing up bugs that have been in the game for a long time, I think the concern is valid, and I think it is equally fair to bring up that whenever there is a bug regarding players being able to pay for things in the game, it seems like CG jumps on it like it's a race and it's usually fixed within a few hours or a day. Of course this is a bit concerning as a player, but at the end of the day, CG is still a for-profit company, and they gotta do what they gotta do.

    The longevity of some of the bugs is a bit troubling, and I know there's a bit of a disconnect between bugs being reported, and responses regarding progress. Perhaps the biggest base of the trouble is that we aren't reporting the bugs to CG, we are simply being told they have been notified of the issue, and then we get a post in bug fixes if and when it is fixed. There is no progress report, or even anything to actually tell us if CG has made note of the bug.

    To that end Doja, I think it could be valuable if there was somewhere on the forums where any new bugs brought to the attention of CG were posted, and progress on those bugs as well. I think it would go a long way towards satisfying the people who ask what you are doing with your time if they can see the process, as opposed to just knowing that the bug was submitted and seeing the end result when it happens.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • As a developer, I thought Doja would have heard everyone's complaints about his work and said thank you with a smile. Perhaps even given them a title in game for their astute observations. A human reaction from a developer? Well that's just nuts.

  • If I may step in to this conversation. I think Doja mocking any players is a valid concern. I also think the people posting the "What are they doing with their time" with no reason behind it are in no position to be making those complaints, and even if Doja's response isn't proper as a community manager, it is definitely proper as a human. Regarding the people bringing up bugs that have been in the game for a long time, I think the concern is valid, and I think it is equally fair to bring up that whenever there is a bug regarding players being able to pay for things in the game, it seems like CG jumps on it like it's a race and it's usually fixed within a few hours or a day. Of course this is a bit concerning as a player, but at the end of the day, CG is still a for-profit company, and they gotta do what they gotta do.

    The longevity of some of the bugs is a bit troubling, and I know there's a bit of a disconnect between bugs being reported, and responses regarding progress. Perhaps the biggest base of the trouble is that we aren't reporting the bugs to CG, we are simply being told they have been notified of the issue, and then we get a post in bug fixes if and when it is fixed. There is no progress report, or even anything to actually tell us if CG has made note of the bug.

    To that end Doja, I think it could be valuable if there was somewhere on the forums where any new bugs brought to the attention of CG were posted, and progress on those bugs as well. I think it would go a long way towards satisfying the people who ask what you are doing with your time if they can see the process, as opposed to just knowing that the bug was submitted and seeing the end result when it happens.

    Thanks for the reply and to be clear, I made light of the trolls who post "what are they doing with their time" for no reason, as you pointed out. I'm a human with a personality and I'm going to continue to engage this community in a direct, sincere way while also standing by the hard work and amazing game my coworkers produce. When an issue is important, I will give it the respect and attention it deserves. When we can have fun and be humorous with each other I'm going to do that, because that's how I like to go about things. If anyone has an issue with how do my job, please reach out to CG and let them know how you feel.

    As I wrote above, I def want folks to be able to speak up and offer valid criticism. It's important for me to know their concerns, issues and needs. But, if trolls gonna troll, I'm not going to take them seriously. I will always take valid player concerns seriously, and I think my body of work and actions prove that sentiment.

    Now, getting to your point about bug fixes and the process; we have the dev tracker which you can find here: https://trello.com/b/vgQhKHMf/swgoh-developer-tracker

    It contains a list of bugs and their status. We try to keep it up to date and be as comprehensive as possible (we have a person who goes through it weekly). We also try to keep an eye on various social media platforms and rely on players like you to let us know if they encounter an issue.

    There are various reasons for the difference in the time it takes to fix a bug. For example, maybe the QA team has difficulty reproducing the issue or the fix requires engineering to do some largescale task. Either way, I certainly understand player frustration related to bugs. They're not fun for anyone (some comically weird and wonderfully wonky images aside).
  • @CG_Doja_Fett maybe make an in-game title award for the teammate who has created the most bugs in the game? :D;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
This discussion has been closed.