Bosk have Taunt Duration after Trawn's Fracture!!!

Ger4sim
92 posts Member
edited April 2021
Bosk have Taunt Duration after Trawn's Fracture!!!
HOW???!!!
I inflicted fracture twice on Bosk! He is twice has Fracture and Taunt Duration at the same time!!!
HOW?

Replies

• Options
    Did u screen shot it?
  • Options
    I didn't believe my eyes. And so I was confused that I forgot to do a screen. And then I just lost the fight
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I have honestly never used fracture against a bossk, but it should dispell all buff and prevent buffs, might have been a visual glitch or a bug I guess
  • Options
    What's going on lately with the game??? Why are you making her worse? Why more and more bugs in the game?

wmw57xystyas.jpg

Buffs are impossible!!! It's just unbelievable.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I have honestly never used fracture against a bossk, but it should dispell all buff and prevent buffs, might have been a visual glitch or a bug I guess

I couldn't attack anyone but him.

28t7txfktd66.jpg

Its NOT visual glitch.
  • Options
    I lost the Grand Arena. It's very frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    His unique replies taunt before the debuff is inflicted. This is similar to OB, which has been used as an example of this order of operations.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    His unique replies taunt before the debuff is inflicted. This is similar to OB, which has been used as an example of this order of operations.

I read the following: Dispel all buffs on them and inflict Fracture (can't gain buffs).
    What do I misunderstand here?
    Why did Bosk get the buff?
  • Options
    Bossk’s kit.
    wazysak53k9u.jpeg
    The order goes like this:
    Thrawn dispels
    Bossk regains taunt
    Thrawn inflicts fracture

Annoying, but WAI.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    That's not right! Thrawn has a unique ability! The enemy cannot get a buff!
    Everything else is a bug!
    Why then unique abilities if their ordinary can ignore???
    It's dumb!
  • Options
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    It's dumb!
    Fracture is a special ability, not a unique ability.
    It’s an “unstoppable force meets an immovable object” situation.
    Bossk’s unique means he regains taunt when he loses it. Thrawn dispels then applies fracture. The devs have decided that bossk’s unique kicks in between the two.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's dumb!
    It’s an “unstoppable force meets an immovable object” situation.
    Bossk’s unique means he regains taunt when he loses it. Thrawn dispels then applies fracture. The devs have decided that bossk’s unique kicks in between the two.

It's not Bossk, it's the order of operations in all cases.
  • Options
    Should have fractured him before he taunted. Then he can't taunt.
  • Options
    It's worked like this ever since Bossk was released 3 years ago. You'll get used to it.
  • Options
    i agree, you need to outspeed him, and anyway they are many more teams to counter Bossk team
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

This ability only Traun has. And it's not considered unique?

• UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    Options

It's a Special ability. It's labelled "Special", and requires a player action to use. "Unique" abilities operate in the background.

This is all working as intended. Taunt is dispelled, then immediately regained. This happens before the buff immunity of fracture happens.

Fracture, and the taunts of Old Ben and Bossk goes something like:
    1) Thrawn uses Fracture
    2) Taunt Dispelled
    3) Taunt immediately regained. In the case of Old Ben it's if it is the first time he has lost the Taunt, for Bossk it's if the weakest enemy still has protection
    4) Damage from the Fracture ability
    5) Buff immunity and TMR from the Fracture debuff is applied

You can see from the order of operations that the Taunt is regained before Buff Immunity is placed. Damage might be higher or lower on the order of operations, I can never remember where it comes in, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.
  • Options

"Special" abilities and "Unique" abilities have their own in-game definition. Specials are abilities that can be used in battle that aren't a basic. Uniques are passives that are always active as long as the character is alive (in battle, they're represented by a little square above the selectable abilities, alongside any leader ability that might be active).
  • crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options

"Special" abilities and "Unique" abilities have their own in-game definition. Specials are abilities that can be used in battle that aren't a basic. Uniques are passives that are always active as long as the character is alive (in battle, they're represented by a little square above the selectable abilities, alongside any leader ability that might be active).

I think OP is trying to say that Fracture is unique to Thrawn in the colloquial sense. The reasoning seems to be that A Very Special Debuff should trump everything else, such as a common taunt.

To OP I would say that is most definitely not the case, nor is it an expectation, and the order of operations has already been explained.
  • Ger4sim
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    wrote:

I think OP is trying to say that Fracture is unique to Thrawn in the colloquial sense. The reasoning seems to be that A Very Special Debuff should trump everything else, such as a common taunt.

Thank God! There is one person who understands me!
  • UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    wrote:

I noticed you've cut off the part of that quote that tells you that you are wrong.
  • Options
    wrote:

Okay. Being unique to a character is essentially meaningless. Bossk and Old Ben have abilities that reduce the effectiveness of this ability, as does Nest. BSF can nullify it completely. It's just how the game works.

(Also, unless you word it carefully, Unique is what you might call a reserved word for swgoh. Use with caution, or you'll have this same conversation again.)
  • Options

wrote:

.... lol just stop it man. Also, don't use Thrawn to counter this team if your Thrawn is slower than bossk.