Conquest, which factions to avoid and which to attack and reasons!

Prev1
1. Old republic, carthus will just go 200 times and kill ur entire squad if he doesn't u will die immediately from 20 dots each character has.
2. Phoenix, well people do you want to see you're R7 Malak dying in the first turn to sabine because she attacks over and over and over and over till you die? Sabine is almost guaranteed to go before you and kill off one of the members and get you 2 star, so avoid.
3. Resistance, they will run circles around you and simply kill you before u can do anything, so much TM gain and exposes, avoid them.
4. GAS, because when he wakes up from his nap he is almost certain to kill off one of ur toons and give you 2 star.

Honestly if you want to have easy time just go after, BH, separatist, geos, murder bears, jedi old republic, sith, FO, tuskens, and night sisters. These are the easiest factions to beat as it stands in conquest, because even when they have 400 speed, they can't enough damage to take you out before it's your turn

Replies

• Options
    I always avoid GR for their ability that reflects damage.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options
    1. Old republic, carthus will just go 200 times and kill ur entire squad if he doesn't u will die immediately from 20 dots each character has.
    2. Phoenix, well people do you want to see you're R7 Malak dying in the first turn to sabine because she attacks over and over and over and over till you die? Sabine is almost guaranteed to go before you and kill off one of the members and get you 2 star, so avoid.
    3. Resistance, they will run circles around you and simply kill you before u can do anything, so much TM gain and exposes, avoid them.
    4. GAS, because when he wakes up from his nap he is almost certain to kill off one of ur toons and give you 2 star.

Honestly if you want to have easy time just go after, BH, separatist, geos, murder bears, jedi old republic, sith, FO, tuskens, and night sisters. These are the easiest factions to beat as it stands in conquest, because even when they have 400 speed, they can't enough damage to take you out before it's your turn

What conquest did you played that the murder bears and the geos "can't" take out one of your toons? lol

If they get to play, at least one of your toons will be done
  • Options
    Seriously, Ewoks wiped out my Relic JKR squad without my getting a turn. I don’t mess with them at all.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    It really depends on the sector encounter (or the relic level of the opponents for that matter).

In Sector 1 and 2, some of the tough teams mentioned can be taken out quite easily. But a Phoenix team in Sector 5 is a nightmare.
  • dogwelder79
    1487 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't had problems with Ewoks, they're usually the team I re-attack to get feats. With GR, on the other hand, I have to choose carefully which team to send, because their ability to reflect damage is very dangerous.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    Options
    I mostly use yoda or vader and get infinite bonus turns until the enemy is dead. I only avoid GAS
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    SEE can solo the GAS teams... it’s not 100% efficient (as SEE can knock over GAS before all his Max Prot is gone) but it works well enough to try a few times.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    If the opponent have Malicious minions combined with overprepared lvl 3, especially on higher relic. It’s just impossible to know what their speed will be going in.
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

What conquest did you played that the murder bears and the geos "can't" take out one of your toons? lol

If they get to play, at least one of your toons will be done

Idk I always use jkr because 99% of time they are on the node that has the mark feat or the use 14 jedi team for me, heck just for the hell of it I used 501st against ewoks 10 times in a row and won all of them with 3 stars, meaning gas and clones and 10% stamina still murdered them
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    To each his own. I do avoid GR because the damage reflection is annoying, but there are easy ways to take down Carth, Resistance, and especially Phoenix. I do avoid murder bears when I can help it though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I also avoid GR when I can.

Other than that, there is no team I actively avoid, unless I have used up a specific team that would easily counter and I want to keep playing/use up energy, then I might avoid a team.

Bears/Geos are nothing and never lose a toon vs them.

To be honest, I find myself trying to hit teams, either to play against them or because I know they will help me go back and secure feats. NS are great for killing feats, and bears with Elder(more rare than I would have thought).
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks are great for dodge feats since they take so many turns.

As mentioned, NS are great for all sorts of feats.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    ☝️He gets it
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    To each his own. I do avoid GR because the damage reflection is annoying, but there are easy ways to take down Carth, Resistance, and especially Phoenix. I do avoid murder bears when I can help it though.
    Murder Bears are fun, just throw in a Padme squad. :D
  • Options
    GR nodes are easy to 3* with a Padme squad.

I always try to follow the path closest to the middle, so I don’t usually worry about what’s on it. I like to keep my options open when I get to a set of merchant / disk nodes.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It’s less about what squads to avoid and more about what squads to use. I’ve never had problems with Phoenix Squad because use Darth Vader and Force Choke (can’t be countered) until Kanan is within Culling Blade range, then clean up. Sabine never gets a turn. Or Jedi Training Rey, Sabine never gets a turn.

If your Malak is being beaten by Ewoks then you really should be using a different squad, or should be developing your other squads.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    It’s less about what squads to avoid and more about what squads to use. I’ve never had problems with Phoenix Squad because use Darth Vader and Force Choke (can’t be countered) until Kanan is within Culling Blade range, then clean up. Sabine never gets a turn. Or Jedi Training Rey, Sabine never gets a turn.

If your Malak is being beaten by Ewoks then you really should be using a different squad, or should be developing your other squads.

1. You can't use Vader to force choke over and over after this Conquest so they will get a turn and will go before you do and kill of a member and give you 2 star.
    2. JTR can be a pain to deal with if you are not careful at relic 8, I have seen them beat relic 7 gas team just because of their turn meter train.
    3. I don't believe anyone said murder bears were killing their Malak
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    ...I can still beat a R8 phoenix without DCS with a R5 vader. Early phoenix aren't hitting hard enough to kill decent tanks, and late phoenix you SHOULD have a decent disk setup that they really can't get around. Also, Sabine's not the threat, it's Ezra. I think I've had a total of 1 death across all 3 conquests to date to Sabine, but like 6 or 7 to ezra (mostly while feat grinding) - Oh, and if any Phoenix squad is outspeeding your vader, you have terrible speed on your vader mods. +speed for rebels and jedi, 2 of them are both. Palp lead vader teams should realistically be outspeeding with the entire team from palp's lead and chars like thrawn, traya and gideon can completely decimate their ability to do anything until most if not all are dead. And without DCS you should really be picking up that +potency on resists disk if possible, so palp's stuns should almost always land.

OR Carth teams are free wins with GL Rey. Unless she's at like 10% stamina it's nearly impossible to actually lose with her. If you don't have GL rey, then rely on heavy control teams/characters, like Thrawn, BB Echo, certain JTR setups, or DR.

JTR teams: ...just throw CLS at this, kill BB8, ???, Profit.
    Most JTR teams I've seen in conquest have absurdly bad lineups and are exceedingly easy to "break".
    Or Hux FO. No TM gain then.

GAS: This is largely dependent on what teams you have. GL Rey and SEE completely destroy him.
    This also depends on disks, as there's many disks, even without DCS, that can cause your team to completely destroy certain teams, GAS included.

I do find Ewoks more dangerous than Phoenix. And pretty much just as dangerous as JTR teams.
    They're countered by very specific teams, but can completely destroy most other teams. And they're also one of the OP3 squads, so they have stupidly high stats.

I honestly find BHs to be the overall easiest team, even tuskens generally perform better in my experience.

NS with zombie are the best teams to grind most feats on.
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t avoid any squads but I try to skip NEST squads and geos. Intend to look forward on the path and pick out the loot I’m going for and make sure I go that way.
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Then I should tell you guys a broken combo. Collect amplifying agony and swiftless turnmeter disks. Use your 1% stamina CLS team to outwit any team except GAS and GG with magnaguard. JTR, Phoenix , Padme, Murder bears, never a problem to 3 star. Literraly any squad except those 2.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    i only avoid GR teams, and if i had to choose between GR teams, Rex lead > Padme lead > GAS 501st

sometimes GMY lead GR are thrown in and I put them in the same category as rex lead
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Mi114 wrote: »
    Then I should tell you guys a broken combo. Collect amplifying agony and swiftless turnmeter disks. Use your 1% stamina CLS team to outwit any team except GAS and GG with magnaguard. JTR, Phoenix , Padme, Murder bears, never a problem to 3 star. Literraly any squad except those 2.

vgh0a2qf3pid.png
    What exactly is Magnaguard adding to this team?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    He’s doing normal - I don’t think that team will be effective in hard mode
  • Options
    Use your 1% stamina CLS team to outwit any team except GAS and GG with magnaguard.

Pretty sure he meant CLS will win except against GAS, and a GG/magnaguard team. Not that you use magnaguard with CLS.
  • Options
    Whether it works or not, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Use your 1% stamina CLS team to outwit any team except GAS and GG with magnaguard.

Pretty sure he meant CLS will win except against GAS, and a GG/magnaguard team. Not that you use magnaguard with CLS.
    Magnaguard is in his team in the screenshot, though.
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    Options

He got it right.
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Magnaguard hides GG under stealth. With han and rebels you kill magna on the first turn you take. So GG gets angry and wrecks you.
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    Options
    He’s doing normal - I don’t think that team will be effective in hard mode

Works in both normal and Hard mode conquest.
  • Mi114
    31 posts Member
    Options
    You will need 2 to 3 amplifying agony disks and 2 swiftless turnmeter disk. So that whenever an enemy falls below 💯 health you get 44 percent TM. Cls and rebels put too many debuffs. So opponent easily drops below 💯 health. Opponent never gets to take a turn.