Who Is The Better Tactician

I’ve always wondered who was the better tactician; Thrawn, Oppo Ranciss, Admiral Trench,or Spock. Feel free to share your opinion, but please give a reason as to why you think that.

Replies

  • TVF
    30043 posts Member
    Lincoln.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gandalf
  • Nihion
    3228 posts Member
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.
  • Richfxxx
    408 posts Member
    Surely palpatine as he used everyone like chess pieces in his plan
  • TVF
    30043 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.

    Wouldn't the superior tactician keep you guessing?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Richfxxx
    408 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.

    Wouldn't the superior tactician keep you guessing?

    By that logic CG would be the greatest tactician as we never know what they will do next 🤣
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.

    Wouldn't the superior tactician keep you guessing?

    By that logic CG would be the greatest tactician as we never know what they will do next 🤣

    But what we do know is that it will be broken upon release. So they're a solid General Jar Jar.
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Surely palpatine as he used everyone like chess pieces in his plan

    True, he had to practically slap the Jedi in their faces before they realized that there was something fishy about him.
  • Thrawn (at least from Legends, I haven’t read the canon books yet). He came extremely close to reinstating the empire
    until Ruuk betrayed him
    and he always had the New Republic guessing.
  • LordDirt
    2309 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Lincoln.

    He left his 6 exposed though.
  • LordDirt
    2309 posts Member
    Gandalf

    He was pretty smart to get a bunch of hobbits and dwarves to do his work for him.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Gandalf

    He was pretty smart to get a bunch of hobbits and dwarves to do his work for him.

    Gandalf is right
  • Nihion
    3228 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.

    Wouldn't the superior tactician keep you guessing?

    They would, and Thrawn would as well, but at least in the canon novels we get his perspective and explanations.
  • Thrawn. Trench is overconfident and that leads to some easily avoided losses. Oppo has competent help if he wants it, and Thrawn cannot afford to mess up unless he wants to deal with an angry Tarkin or Palpatine. Spock didn’t make a lot of the plans.
    - You don’t know everything. Deal with it.
  • Xcien
    1480 posts Member
    Thrawn.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Gifafi
    5567 posts Member
    Not Holdo, that's who
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    30043 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Not Holdo, that's who

    No u
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thrawn. Trench is overconfident and that leads to some easily avoided losses. Oppo has competent help if he wants it, and Thrawn cannot afford to mess up unless he wants to deal with an angry Tarkin or Palpatine. Spock didn’t make a lot of the plans.

    I agree with your point on Trench; he was extremely intelligent, however he underestimated the Jedi.
  • Spock, for all of his logic and intelligence didn’t do much strategizing, but when he did, he was pretty good at it.

  • I do have to point out though, that Anakin is the Captain Kirk of the Star Wars universe.
Sign In or Register to comment.