New CLS Ship incoming?

Prev1
mm25dothfcrj.png

Replies

• Mohrg
    202 posts Member
    Options
    gftqyv51x6it.jpg

This is the second time Luke has come up as a pilot, the first time it was farm boy luke.
  • Options
    It’s a translation error. There was another thread on this last night.

Where in german it says “flotten arena-kampf” it really means grand arena battle.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    No. We don't need content with ships. It is boring and unnecessary.

Or you could say that it is boring and feels unnecessary because of the lack of content.
    Anyway, they teased the "shipload of changes" so it seems that we are getting ship content whether you want it or not.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Or you could say that it is boring and feels unnecessary because of the lack of content.
    Anyway, they teased the "shipload of changes" so it seems that we are getting ship content whether you want it or not.

the current state of ships are boring to me, feels like a side part of the game and not actual, normal content.

I don't think they need to add more ships; just redesign/balance them or add actual content like raids or something with ships. God forbid we get n+1 ships which will lead to the same meta after all.. the same ships are meta for.. how many years now?

I think they need to do all of that. Resolve some inherent flaws in the system (lack of mods, useless pilots vs. pilotless ships...), add more stuff to do with ships, and add more ships to at least enable a full fleet of the correct faction for each capital. It's huge and I'm not sure if they would be willing to commit the resources, but the notable lack of pretty much any ship content lately might suggest that a huge overhaul is brewing.
  • Options

the current state of ships are boring to me, feels like a side part of the game and not actual, normal content.

I don't think they need to add more ships; just redesign/balance them or add actual content like raids or something with ships. God forbid we get n+1 ships which will lead to the same meta after all.. the same ships are meta for.. how many years now?

I think they need to do all of that. Resolve some inherent flaws in the system (lack of mods, useless pilots vs. pilotless ships...), add more stuff to do with ships, and add more ships to at least enable a full fleet of the correct faction for each capital. It's huge and I'm not sure if they would be willing to commit the resources, but the notable lack of pretty much any ship content lately might suggest that a huge overhaul is brewing.

meh they're done with First Order and Resistance. Those fleets are just there to get screwed over. going this long with no Luke Skywalker X-wing is really quite annoying given how may Millennium Falcons we have in-game. And we have Vader's Tie Fighter ffs so why no Luke X-Wing?! Same movie, CG. One of the most iconic scenes in all of Star Wars. But no. Luke's X-Wing is like Mace's rework. Never going to happen.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

meh they're done with First Order and Resistance. Those fleets are just there to get screwed over.[...]

Resistance is a solid counter to Malevolence. It's even a great counter in GAC because of the protection regain from Raddus.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

meh they're done with First Order and Resistance. Those fleets are just there to get screwed over.[...]

Resistance is a solid counter to Malevolence. It's even a great counter in GAC because of the protection regain from Raddus.

I'm very aware of that. But the point is that Raddus and Finalizer were solely released to slow down the unlock of Rey and SLK. They could have added more Res and FO ships way back then. They didn't. We're not going to get more to fully develop those fleets into potential ship-meta changers. Malevolence and Negotiators were and are the ship meta and they will remain so for a very long time.

Before Raddus and Finalizer dropped, every new Cap Ship became meta. Raddus and Finalizer are the first 2 to not be meta and that's bc CG screwed them over by not giving them fully developed fleets.
  • Options
    They have lukes ship planned out but expect it a bit closer to Red Squadron release.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They have lukes ship planned out but expect it a bit closer to Red Squadron release.

Source?
  • Options
    I think we need more ships and ship content. I hope we get Luke’s X-Wing as well as many more ships. More content is good content!
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    I think we need more ships and ship content. I hope we get Luke’s X-Wing as well as many more ships. More content is good content!

is it now?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

is it now?

Yes, in my opinion. I tend to enjoy the game and most things they bring to it. That’s why I keep playing.
  • Options
    My guess is that Red 5 will be piloted by zoombag Luke. He could be a rebel GL. The pilot known around the galaxy for blowing up the deathstar. Yeah it would be a first to have 2 GLs for the one person, but so what? Luke Skywalker is the hero that starwars was built on.

Rebels are definitely due a GL, and who else would it be?
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    Options

is it now?

Yes, in my opinion. I tend to enjoy the game and most things they bring to it. That’s why I keep playing.

So you enjoyed the new gear they added?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

is it now?

You know you should be a comedian!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

is it now?

If we use the CG logic of "interaction = enjoyment"...
  • Options
    My guess is that Red 5 will be piloted by zoombag Luke. He could be a rebel GL. The pilot known around the galaxy for blowing up the deathstar. Yeah it would be a first to have 2 GLs for the one person, but so what? Luke Skywalker is the hero that starwars was built on.

Princess Leia. Who is DEFINITELY due a good toon. She's been screwed by CG with 2 quite useless toons. And she's the true Rebel in the Skywalker family.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Princess Leia. Who is DEFINITELY due a good toon. She's been screwed by CG with 2 quite useless toons. And she's the true Rebel in the Skywalker family.

What version, though? We're definitely not getting that one, Boushh is just a disguise and Endor Leia is no more legendary than any other iteration. And at the point that feels appropriate for GL, as General Organa, she is no longer a Rebel, and we already have a Resistance GL. Although considering how much they care about character tags fitting the lore...
  • Options

What version, though? We're definitely not getting that one, Boushh is just a disguise and Endor Leia is no more legendary than any other iteration. And at the point that feels appropriate for GL, as General Organa, she is no longer a Rebel, and we already have a Resistance GL. Although considering how much they care about character tags fitting the lore...

Bespin Leia is an option. I want a good Leia in the game. How does every main OT character get an amazing kit and she get ignored? It's so incredibly frustrating that she's the worst Skywalker in the game when she's one of the most pivotal characters in the films and EU.
  • Options

Bespin Leia is an option. I want a good Leia in the game. How does every main OT character get an amazing kit and she get ignored? It's so incredibly frustrating that she's the worst Skywalker in the game when she's one of the most pivotal characters in the films and EU.

She is not as pivotal in combat as Anakin and Luke though. So her combat skills should not be equal to them. After all, it is Luke who duals Vader, not Leia, it is Anakin that was a Jedi Knight, not Leia. She is good, and could have a Mon Mothma type kit. But the main combat Leia does in the movies is the training scene with Luke in 9 and killing Java in 6. I highly doubt Slave Leia will be in the game, and who knows about Flash back training Leia. And Bespin Leia really didn’t do much. Unfortunately, not a lot of options for her.
  • Options

She is not as pivotal in combat as Anakin and Luke though. So her combat skills should not be equal to them. After all, it is Luke who duals Vader, not Leia, it is Anakin that was a Jedi Knight, not Leia. She is good, and could have a Mon Mothma type kit. But the main combat Leia does in the movies is the training scene with Luke in 9 and killing Java in 6. I highly doubt Slave Leia will be in the game, and who knows about Flash back training Leia. And Bespin Leia really didn’t do much. Unfortunately, not a lot of options for her.

When C3PO has a better kit than Princess Leia, something's wrong with the game. The only 'fighting' he did was be victimized by others.
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    But the main combat Leia does in the movies is the training scene with Luke in 9 and killing Java in 6.

Leia sure did destroy some coffee in episode 6. Good times

• Options
    She does pick up an E-11 Blaster Rifle a couple of times I think. Both in ep 4 and 5?

9dtgxtuhco9y.png
  • crzydroid
    7342 posts Moderator
    Options

What movies are you watching? Remember in the very first one where she killed more stormtroopers in the chasm crossfire than Luke did? Or even one of her very first scenes on the ship. Then there's escaping Bespin in Empire and the whole battle of Endor. She totally sniped that dude out of the top of an AT-ST.
  • Options

Source?

No source outside of watching CG add movie and TV series characters around the actual release of movies and TV series or within due time of them coming out for the last few years. Given the incoming series of ahsoka we should expect characters for that series and like red squadron scheduled year after next...

Just like book of Boba characters at the end of this year begining of next year and mando 3 characters somewhere around the same time.

Alot of the times these choices arnt up to cg. They add what they are told to by Disney in order to promote the most recent IP additions. Not always the case i know but often it is the case exactly.
    Not an insult or anything btw to anyone just how the IP game is played these days.