Play point bundle nerf?

Prev1345
yzqvp8dxjy8s.png

They were galactic enhancement bundles and now they are galactic advancement bundles and don’t award energy. Did you guys just nerf this in the middle of an event with no warning? Tell me this was a mistake… this gonna make a lot of whales angry that had been hoarding points, myself included.

Replies

• Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Someone in the guild just confirmed it, and yeah, its the same (crystal, slicing mats, gear) except the energy to prevent GL farming I guess

The energy was great even outside the GL Ticket farm

EDIT: Oh they might've removed it because of Galactic Chase since it gave fleet energy, and they might bring the energy back after Chase ends
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    boo hiss
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Well it should have atleast been mentioned - transparency goes a long way
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    yikes, what a cruel surprise mechanic
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    A heads up would have been nice haha
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

As annoying as it is, it’d be nice to get confirmation that this may just be during galactic chase. Otherwise…. Yikes
  • Options
    Bit of a low blow.

I am all for rewarding whales with some sort of bonus.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    "whales"
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "whales"
    Sorry, whales on Android. Is that better? I’m pretty sure that’s the generally accepted nomenclature for people that spend on the game, no?
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Seytia wrote: »
    "whales"
    Sorry, whales on Android. Is that better? I’m pretty sure that’s the generally accepted nomenclature for people that spend on the game, no?

Lol no, spending $50 or whatever to get 150 play points is nowhere near a "whale."
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    "whales"

Lol no, spending $50 or whatever to get 150 play points is nowhere near a "whale."

150 play points is spending a bit over $100 actually

Best exchange rate is $1 = 1.4 points
  • Seytia
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    "whales"

$50 gets you 70 points. I gained about 12-15k points in the last 2.5 months. Does that count?

Edit: how do you think whales get GLs with ult on day 1?
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    "whales"

$50 gets you 70 points. I gained about 12-15k points in the last 2.5 months. Does that count?

$107 is not a whale either, sorry.
  • Options
    Aww.. when you think it cannot get worse...
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    "whales"

Once again, still not a whale.
  • Options

Woof, math is not your strong suit.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options

Woof, math is not your strong suit.

You might want to look at the OP's screenshot again. It's not just about what you spend.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    "whales"

Not trying to debate what is and what isn't considered a whale, just the value of 150 play points in USD
  • Options
    Is the content of the pack unchanged apart from the energy? Seems a bit off to just get less in the pack all of a sudden.

Side note, that points became available in NZ last month, but there was no SWGOH items to get, but these bundles are there now.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    "whales"

Not trying to debate what is and what isn't considered a whale, just the value of 150 play points in USD

I responded to you for the benefit of the person who liked your post because he doesn't understand that he is wrong.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is the content of the pack unchanged apart from the energy?

Yes. Other than 400 energy, you still get the mod slicing mats, crystals, gear
  • Options
    You might want to look at the OP's screenshot again. It's not just about what you spend.

I am OP, and the screenshot was to show the change in the bundles since both (e.g., the enhancement bundle, and the advancement bundle) and how I had redeemed the previous version and the new version today which indicates the change happened within the last few hours.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am OP, and the screenshot was to show the change in the bundles since both (e.g., the enhancement bundle, and the advancement bundle) and how I had redeemed the previous version and the new version today which indicates the change happened within the last few hours.

What is happening?????

Yes, I know that.

Someone in the thread said this is unfair to whales. I pointed out that it affects more than just whales. You came in and tried to brag about how much money you spend and don't seem to understand that you can spend much less than a whale and still be affected.

I can't even right now.

"right now"
  • Options

What is happening?????

Yes, I know that.

Someone in the thread said this is unfair to whales. I pointed out that it affects more than just whales. A new person came in and tried to brag about how much money they spent and doesn't seem to understand that you can spend much less than a whale and still be affected.

I can't even right now.

"right now"

My bad, obviously I’m a little aggravated at the situation so I was under the impression you were trolling and mocking me for implying that I was a whale.

I agree that light spenders will also be affected but I do think the biggest impact is going to be on people who had been hoarding points which generally happens when you whale considering the low exchange rate. Thank you for clarifying.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Ah ok, gotcha. I was just responding to this lol.

I am all for rewarding whales with some sort of bonus.

• Options
    Wow. This one hurts CG. As a defender of your ways this one really is just completely out of touch. All the opportunities in the world to provide a heads up on this.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Glad iOS people aren't disadvantaged anymore
  • Options
    As an IPhone user I love this. We get nothing like this so please stop complaining.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    As an IPhone user I love this. We get nothing like this so please stop complaining.

I agree. It’s nice to see how some people can’t take not having something they thought they would always have.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

It takes less than 30 minutes to setup bluestacks, iOS users can get these packs that way as well.