Play point bundle nerf?

Replies

• WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ah yes another repeat of the same "game is about to die" post that has been made since the forum was created.

True, very true. But then again EA did not have as much friction with Disney all those years as they do this year. EA has already lost much power with Disney and Lucas Arts in the last six months.. so the signs carry a little more weight at this point than they did a few years ago when EA still had exclusive rights to the entire franchise.

Lucasfilm Games has already come out and said that EA will continue making star wars games *crosses fingers for fallen order sequel* EA just won't have exclusive rights anymore. It makes no sense for EA to shut down a profitable game because they got their feelings hurt. The day SWGOH goes in the red it will be shut down, but seeing as it is still making a lot of money, I think we're safe for now
  • Options
    Honestly these guys give us no breaks. There are so many other gaming companies that reward and do what they can to make their community happy but CG just insist on punishing everyone. For a while there I just shut my mouth and assumed this has been the vision for their game but now I’m starting to think they personally want to make us angry at them.

The decisions they’ve been making even a non experienced developer could see it was a really bad move. Nerfing F2P counters is going to push away the F2P community. There will be no point in playing this game since you will put them against people that no matter how good their mods are or their strategy is they won’t beat them. You’ve earned $1,000,000,000 you can’t stop being greedy now.
  • LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    As an IPhone user, these Android tears sure do taste good. giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Yeah this was a rug pull for sure. I don't whale. I have some work and service apps that award points. I also use perks from Google Play Store. This doesn't hurt me for this challenge; I'm not close to an award. I do hope this isn't permanent.

The last incentives that give me a reason to spend on this game is the intersection they have with Google Play Store.

I wind up using my points and making up the difference in cash. Some money is better than no money. Corporations never get this. They literally won't accept your arm as payment in full. No. They NEED your leg. Not only will their company go bankrupt without it, the world will also explode.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

That Gif is wonderful
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Options
    WD_40 wrote: »
    Lucasfilm Games has already come out and said that EA will continue making star wars games *crosses fingers for fallen order sequel* EA just won't have exclusive rights anymore. It makes no sense for EA to shut down a profitable game because they got their feelings hurt. The day SWGOH goes in the red it will be shut down, but seeing as it is still making a lot of money, I think we're safe for now

The game will continue to run for certain. Until another developer starts up another Star Wars mobile game in direct competition. That is when EA will cut out and run. And if you do not believe another one will start up.. look at how many Marvel mobile games there are out there. EA hates direct competition.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    In addition to losing the energy and gaining literally nothing, the price has increased!!!! It went from 175 to 180 points for the small kit (my google account is European)

Not the case in the UK. Still 150

I use a French account

hj3dkeygq5yy.png
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    WD_40 wrote: »

The game will continue to run for certain. Until another developer starts up another Star Wars mobile game in direct competition. That is when EA will cut out and run. And if you do not believe another one will start up.. look at how many Marvel mobile games there are out there. EA hates direct competition.

I agree that other titles will surely pop up. But another Star Wars game that is exactly this style (collector, resource management, turn based strategy, etc.) would have a long way to go to compete with SWGOH. I know people like to dump all over CG, but by and large they’ve created a very high quality game with a whole lot of depth, and because of that the game has developed a phenomenal community.

The game can definitely be improved on in areas, but I doubt any new game can rival the level of depth and complexity that SWGOH has. While it is painfully obvious that CG is interested in making money, what else should we expect? While it’s a game to us, it’s a real life business to the developers, they have to make it profitable. If they were only interested in making a quick buck, and not the long term ability of the game to make profit, the game would’ve died well before now. Maybe the game will die eventually, but I don’t think it’s going to be because the developers don’t care a lot about this game.

Okay, sorry, I’ll get off the soap box now
  • Options
    So saw the response Doja Fett made earlier in regards to this.. "Do not want to disadvantage other players who do not have access to this." So they swapped out the energy and put something else in the pack? People on Google Play are still getting access to something those 'disadvantaged' people did not have access to. Why keep lying???? Your excuse utterly contradicts itself. Just flat come out and admit you want people spending more crystals on energy refreshes. Everybody knows that is the real reason.. so now you have not only shown yourself greedy but once again proven yourselves liars.
  • Options
    Personally I think it's a bad move if they just gave a notice instead of doing it and saying nothing at all is ridiculous!!
  • Options
    1. You can still get rewards from play points so it's still an advantage, therefore the excuse for removing energy is a blatant lie. Just own up to it to the fact you want people to spend more money on crystal refreshes instead of lying to our faces. 2. Anyone with a computer could still get them regardless if they play on ios, as an emulator and vpn are free to get.
    So the no heads up then lying about the reason is extremely shady. If it was about removing an advantage then why can you still use them for packs that give crystals and gear. It's the no communication and blatant lying and shady behavior centered on greed that is most disturbing.
  • Options
    The packs are named similarly, they look close enough, and buying them did not come with a warning that their content has changed. I 100% would not have spent my points on them yesterday if I knew they didn't have the energy, your CS agents being dismissive about my attempt to get things fixed is an actual slap in the face.

Being told to go to google is not an answer, You changed the packs, GOOGLE didn't do ****.
    I want my measly 150 points redeemed or something equivalent is given for it, for the principle of it.

DON'T **** CHANGE THINGS WITHOUT TELLING US FIRST.

I am done supporting this game if this is how you want to treat your players.
  • ZaKent
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I don't care about the energy, I just don't like being told to get **** with PR words.
  • Options
    Gurl’s mad!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    They want to “reduce the disadvantage” lol! :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Gurl’s mad!

I am **** because CS agents act like GOOGLE is the one responsible, I have no issues with the principle of this change. I like being informed and this change took my agency and CG offered no means of fixing the problem for those who would have never bought the pack due to the change.
  • Options
    qxlza0cu6veb.png
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Except all the smart iPhone users used an android emulator to make any purchases so there was no disadvantage. :D
  • LordDirt
    5066 posts Member
    Options
    Where was the bait and switch?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    Personally I think it's a bad move if they just gave a notice instead of doing it and saying nothing at all is ridiculous!!

Well, they expected that telling us AFTER we realized it would be a good idea.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    rdufield wrote: »

Well, they expected that telling us AFTER we realized it would be a good idea.

Did they hire someone from Blizzard?
  • tile
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Cg never passes up a way to screw their best customers...you know the ones that keep their lights on...
  • Options
    Seriously I feel insulted every time they give explanations no one with a brain could believe!
  • Options
    I’m an iOS user. The reason for removing energy was…taking away a disadvantage? Yet android users still get an advantage…if that was the issue why not scrap it all together. I’m sorry I don’t see the reasoning of this except to hinder everyone from getting extra energy. Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot abs being disingenuous on top of it….yikes
  • Options
    Themy wrote: »
    Except all the smart iPhone users used an android emulator to make any purchases so there was no disadvantage. :D

Smart and iphone user are oxymoronic