Executor is a beast? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    Kelthuzil wrote: »
    I see a lot of “everything’s beating executor.” Where’s the proof. I HAVE beaten it using mal, and home one, it is FAR from reliable, and when executor is up to 7 star I’m literally 2-13 against it so far with testing. I have not tried negotiator yet, and have heard very little that’s been promising.

If it’s so terrible on defense, why aren’t they being targeted and dropped out of top spots everywhere in arena?

It autos everything, and holds very well. I don’t know what else you wanted, that’s top of the meta, 100%.

I think this underperforming is ****. I think it more likely that there are some cases where the fleet makeup isn't ideal and others where the ai doesn't perform optimally. I took my nominal Negotiator and my nominal Malevolence fleets in against two different 6* Executors and the Death Star destroyed them. I have not watched any strategy videos and just did what I usually do against the other fleet, but the Executor behaved as expected. A fellow member in my guild has all Executors at the top of his fleet shard.

Maybe something needs to be done about the Executor vs Executor matches - so that 4* does not defeat 7* - but making the 7* more powerful is not the answer. I think increasing the cooldown on the lower star versions would be a simple solution.

The AI is fine.

The problem is the Executor at 7* has no opening move. Because of this it starts out behind and gets whooped by about any other fleet.

When the Executor moves first the AE is useless since no enemy has breach. The heal is useless because no ship has taken damage.

Slower Executor can use the AE on Turn1 since the BH ships have moved first.

My bet is we are about to get a Punishing One ship that is faster than 192.

I believe an r7/r8, XB and RC I forget which ones which, will out speed an r8 capital ship. I saw someone posting their speeds in a different thread. So again, no extra ship needed to execute this strategy. Just an FYI.

Wrong, No BH ship outruns Exec, even with R8. IG-2000 has the same speed at R8, which turns the outcome of the start into a coin toss. You would need to remove a mod from Piett to fix that, which clearly is a terrible solution.

And this will only get you slower than 1 ship, one that isn’t even good as a starting ship.

You need multiple R8s and remove all mods from Piett to get the optimal turn order.

True.

And the fact that they didn't caught this in testing shows how lackluster the testing was. Having to start with a Basic on your capital because there's nothing else you can do with a maxed Exec, is a huge oversight.

Or it was caught in testing, but we need a new ship (one capable of exceeding 192 speed) that is unreleased.

Pretty garbage to release this thing in this state.
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    If CG really sold us a broken fleet that can only be fixed by a new marquee ship, that is about as low as it can get.

Avoiding unsubstantiated speculation can increase enjoyment of life, and even prevent hair loss.

Not completely unsubstantiated. Something here isn’t working and CG admitted it.

Either they didn’t test or they only tested with a new ship we don’t have.

I doubt they didn’t test.

Correct, admitting they are looking at the current setup, as it's not hitting the mark.

That is literally the opposite of needing to add a new element to it to make it work.

Those are not the only options.
    If CG really sold us a broken fleet that can only be fixed by a new marquee ship, that is about as low as it can get.

Avoiding unsubstantiated speculation can increase enjoyment of life, and even prevent hair loss.

Dunno, expecting Dengar's ship sounds pretty substantiated to me, given that he is the only requirement without a ship. As well as the expectation that it will improve Executor fleets, because there wouldn't be much of a point otherwise.

Substantiating something with a feeling..... here I was thinking evidence.... but you do you.

The last time a unit came out that was this underperforming it was Darth Revan.

We got Malak a week or two after.

Also, expecting Dengar's ship makes sense in several aspects, but Kyno just has to be a contrarian. No point trying to reason with him.

He doesnt have a ship, that can be said for a fair amount of characters, many of which are very noted pilots.

What other reasons have been given?

I'm not being contrarian, I'm just looking for the writing on the wall that doesnt seem to be there.

He's the only one of the requirements without a ship. If the requirements are meant to provide a ready-made fleet, it would make sense for him to get one.
    The requirements are meant to get you to dump resources into toons that most likely wouldn't otherwise have had such gear and relics because they're not inherently that good. At least he's not darth sidious, although usually with this level of resources you start to get close to both a GL *and* a fleet (JMK/nego, SLK/finalizer, JML/rebels)--although this is part of the reason why executor is currently a sort of bloat or reverse-sandbagging where your roster might be a little stronger but you're setting yourself up for getting matched in GAC and TW against an extra GL.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    dgree wrote: »

Not completely unsubstantiated. Something here isn’t working and CG admitted it.

Correct, admitting they are looking at the current setup, as it's not hitting the mark.

That is literally the opposite of needing to add a new element to it to make it work.

Dunno, expecting Dengar's ship sounds pretty substantiated to me, given that he is the only requirement without a ship. As well as the expectation that it will improve Executor fleets, because there wouldn't be much of a point otherwise.

Substantiating something with a feeling..... here I was thinking evidence.... but you do you.

Also, expecting Dengar's ship makes sense in several aspects, but Kyno just has to be a contrarian. No point trying to reason with him.

He doesnt have a ship, that can be said for a fair amount of characters, many of which are very noted pilots.

I'm not being contrarian, I'm just looking for the writing on the wall that doesnt seem to be there.

He's the only one of the requirements without a ship. If the requirements are meant to provide a ready-made fleet, it would make sense for him to get one.
    The requirements are meant to get you to dump resources into toons that most likely wouldn't otherwise have had such gear and relics because they're not inherently that good. At least he's not darth sidious, although usually with this level of resources you start to get close to both a GL *and* a fleet (JMK/nego, SLK/finalizer, JML/rebels)--although this is part of the reason why executor is currently a sort of bloat or reverse-sandbagging where your roster might be a little stronger but you're setting yourself up for getting matched in GAC and TW against an extra GL.

Well, Miller said that in the interview and it *does* get you a ready-made fleet...
  • Options
    Has people forgotten about the high fire single damage yet?

CG definitely needs to send their staffs for grammar classes
  • Options
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    Has people forgotten about the high fire single damage yet?

CG definitely needs to send their staffs for grammar classes

At least they say that if your GAC opponent had a 7* Omega and you didn’t that you may be sacrificing a zone.
  • Options
    So much whining in this thread. Our shard has someone sitting in 1st place for the past 14 hrs straight with a 7* Exec with the r7 RC + r6 HT + r8 S1 lineup. I burned 800 crystals last night trying to beat it. I could not. Granted I do not have a relic’d out Rebels fleet, so maybe that would still kill it, but it is definitely worse than a 95% chance that I can beat it with anything else. There was only 1 attempt out of ~15 where I had a chance, and that was because the opening expose failed to land on my Vulture, which allowed him to live long enough to get buzz droids out. I still lost anyway.

Whining post about whining
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    So much whining in this thread. Our shard has someone sitting in 1st place for the past 14 hrs straight with a 7* Exec with the r7 RC + r6 HT + r8 S1 lineup. I burned 800 crystals last night trying to beat it. I could not. Granted I do not have a relic’d out Rebels fleet, so maybe that would still kill it, but it is definitely worse than a 95% chance that I can beat it with anything else. There was only 1 attempt out of ~15 where I had a chance, and that was because the opening expose failed to land on my Vulture, which allowed him to live long enough to get buzz droids out. I still lost anyway.

maybe this was the real fleet meta all along
  • Options

You must be new :D
  • Options
    Seems to me this is CG's MO as of late. JMK, even with KAM, was a reliable win with older metas. DR without Malak was a semi-reliable win with JKR or EP.

I'm not defending CG nor am I saying Dengar's ship is coming and will make Executor crazy dominant, but I think those that rushed this ship should have known this was a reasonable possibility. I'd still be angry if I were them, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Somewhat different situation though since they stated up front that the new GLs were intended to be at a similar level to existing ones, they didn't tout them as a new meta defining level above as they did with Executor
  • Options
    In the interview with CG_Miller and CubsFanHan, CG said they do all their testing at the highest gea/relic level. This could explain the performance disparity.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The R8 Piett 7* being too fast is an issue for the mirror versus low star, and a minor one versus other fleets, but certainly needs addressed. Yet I feel the community response has been quite an overreaction. Yes other fleets can beat it but the consistency of those counters is no where near 100%. Looking at as low as 30-40% for some counters and even then that is with some heavy investment in non meta characters (rebels) to anywhere near a higher win rate.

People like to post the win videos yet miss out the many fails and bad RNG in the process.

Comparison between the ship and GLs is flawed as well past the gear requirements. Ultimately the ship should have been like a GL with character Relic and ship star reqs and a unique fleet currency to farm the star levels. Then add in a unique fleet ultimate material to unlock the ultimate at 7* (that would have prevented the low star mirrors!)

You can unlock a GL anytime yet only have a 1 day a month period to unlock and level this ship. It’s Apple and oranges.
    Post edited by Calbion on
  • yodacao
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    This ship was a huge letdown given all the hype and steep requirement to unlock. Yes its great on offense but most fleets are good on offense very few are great on defense. Devs made it seem like if you get this ship you rule your shard like getting a GL rules non-GL teams but it isn't the case.

My personal opinion of fixing this is maybe give ship give all ship on fleet a plus 10% speed boost for any empire or bh ships. It would solve issue of it being too fast without altering too much to make the ship completely op
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    The R8 Piett 7* being too fast is an issue for the mirrior. Yet I feel the community response has been quite an overreaction. Yes other fleets can beat it but the consistency of those counters is no where near 100%. Looking at as low as 30-40% for some counters and even then that is with some heavy investment in non meta characters (rebels) to anywhere near a higher win rate.

People like to post the win videos yet miss out the many fails and bad RNG in the process.

Comparison between the ship and GLs is flawed as well past the gear requirements. Ultimately the ship should have been like a GL with star reqs and a unique fleet currency to farm the star and heck even fleet ultimate to unlock it (that’ll solve the low star mirrors!)

You can unlock a GL anytime yet only have a 1 day a month period to unlock and level this ship. It’s Apple and oranges.

Being too fast is an issue for every battle.

The first Executor move is essentially a punt every time.
  • Options

Doesn't make their point wrong.
  • Draconfier
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ok, thinking over all the problems listed with Executor, (4* beating 7* due to slow ship being better due to kit) slow bounty hunter ships being annihilated, before they get a turn, 2nd tier meta from 4 years ago being able to easily beat a GL equivalent billed ship)

One simple fix is clear and its not game breaking. If all ships are Bounty Hunter, HT should auto taunt before any ships move. The Aoe should apply breach if no breach exists. This would at least fix the 4* vs 7* executor issue.

Two, if additional tweaking is necessary make it so breach lasts 2-3 turns and is not able to be cleared like once the contract of 20 TL is fulfilled. This includes the stupid mechanic of 3 debuff autoclear by Rebels (The only ship that should be able to clear that breach would be Hans Millenium Falcon) unless they've fulfilled the 20 TL contract.

This way you don't have to speed up the BH ships or change their kits. It'll hold better on D as HT is auto-taunting and now the aoe should go off by the AI instead of the lackluster first skill or the heal.

All this should be an Executor coded skill only, so that it only applies when it is the Capitol Ship used. This way no other fleets are messed up. You don't have to recode any other ships, just make it if X (Executor) exists Y,Z occur.

Finally you could make it so these skills are gated behind higher stars on the Executor. This would still make the 4* beatable by older meta fleets as stated by Miller, but "good luck" if higher starred like 6 or 7*.
  • Options
    Maybe this is CG's way of getting folks to run IG88 all the way up to r9 :P
  • Options
    yodacao wrote: »
    This ship was a huge letdown given all the hype and steep requirement to unlock. Yes its great on offense but most fleets are good on offense very few are great on defense. Devs made it seem like if you get this ship you rule your shard like getting a GL rules non-GL teams but it isn't the case.

My personal opinion of fixing this is maybe give ship give all ship on fleet a plus 10% speed boost for any empire or bh ships. It would solve issue of it being too fast without altering too much to make the ship completely op

Yeah I think the biggest thing is to fix it so a 7* Executor is better than a 4*. Fix that speed issue. Then I am sure when Dengar's ship comes in it can make the fleet a little more of a challenge on defense. I think that would do enough to improve the Capital ship without making it game breaking.

If they make the Capital Ship game breaking.. people in highly active older shards should prepare for nothing but mirror match after mirror match for the next year. Seems some are foolish enough to believe it will give them an advantage where if they are in a shard that old.. there is no reason a 100 others won't have it also. Constant mirror matches kill squad based games.

• Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »

Yeah I think the biggest thing is to fix it so a 7* Executor is better than a 4*. Fix that speed issue. Then I am sure when Dengar's ship comes in it can make the fleet a little more of a challenge on defense. I think that would do enough to improve the Capital ship without making it game breaking.

If they make the Capital Ship game breaking.. people in highly active older shards should prepare for nothing but mirror match after mirror match for the next year. Seems some are foolish enough to believe it will give them an advantage where if they are in a shard that old.. there is no reason a 100 others won't have it also. Constant mirror matches kill squad based games.

We already have a stale miror match system and have had that for 2+ years...Neg vs Neg or Neg vs Mal same old same old, we don't expect arena to be that stagnant why should ships be any less. And as far as being foolish, many would not have gone all in on Executor if CG hadn't specifically said it would be the new Meta.
  • Options
    Draconfier wrote: »
    We already have a stale miror match system and have had that for 2+ years...Neg vs Neg or Neg vs Mal same old same old, we don't expect arena to be that stagnant why should ships be any less. And as far as being foolish, many would not have gone all in on Executor if CG hadn't specifically said it would be the new Meta.

Home One with the Falcon also. There were three viable fleets at the top of the META. I do agree they over sold the ship, but just because they over sold it does not make me think they should be allowed to break the game.

• Options

well they released Raddus and Finalizer since Negotiator & Malevolence came out. But neither of them is meta and that was CG's intent. They're just there to force you to farm harder for a GL, I'd guess. Especially since second batch of GLs required a pilotless ship instead of a cap ship. tbf they can beat Malevolence and Negotiator. They're just terrible in ship arena.
  • Options

Home One with the Falcon also. There were three viable fleets at the top of the META. I do agree they over sold the ship, but just because they over sold it does not make me think they should be allowed to break the game.

Home One was 3-4 years ago
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I have found that having RC, S1, and HT in the starting line up as a 7 star Executor vs a 4 star Executor that was RC, HT, and XB is the key to winning a “mirror match” having an exact “mirror match” is a nightmare..
  • LordDirt
    5057 posts Member
    Options
    I have found that having RC, S1, and HT in the starting line up as a 7 star Executor vs a 4 star Executor that was RC, HT, and XB is the key to winning a “mirror match” having an exact “mirror match” is a nightmare..

Who goes first?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Who goes first?

What goes second.

I don't know goes third.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5057 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Who goes first?

What goes second.

I don't know goes third.

Helpful as usual.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Who goes first?

What goes second.

I don't know goes third.

Helpful as usual.

I'm sorry you don't appreciate boomer humor.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Ok, I will try one last time.
    If he ever gets a ship, it would make sense to add it now.
    Executor is very obviously missing an early breach, which is something that must have come up in even rudimentary testing. Even the AI was programmed to open with basic if Executor goes first. That leads to the conclusion that a solution is already made, just not implemented yet. One solution would be ship mods to define turn order, the other would be a new ship that is either faster than Executor or has something like "At the start of the battle, inflict breach on the weakest enemy".

Ok, it just seems like you are making a puzzle where there is not one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Kelthuzil wrote: »
    I see a lot of “everything’s beating executor.” Where’s the proof. I HAVE beaten it using mal, and home one, it is FAR from reliable, and when executor is up to 7 star I’m literally 2-13 against it so far with testing. I have not tried negotiator yet, and have heard very little that’s been promising.

If it’s so terrible on defense, why aren’t they being targeted and dropped out of top spots everywhere in arena?

It autos everything, and holds very well. I don’t know what else you wanted, that’s top of the meta, 100%.

I think this underperforming is ****. I think it more likely that there are some cases where the fleet makeup isn't ideal and others where the ai doesn't perform optimally. I took my nominal Negotiator and my nominal Malevolence fleets in against two different 6* Executors and the Death Star destroyed them. I have not watched any strategy videos and just did what I usually do against the other fleet, but the Executor behaved as expected. A fellow member in my guild has all Executors at the top of his fleet shard.

Maybe something needs to be done about the Executor vs Executor matches - so that 4* does not defeat 7* - but making the 7* more powerful is not the answer. I think increasing the cooldown on the lower star versions would be a simple solution.

The AI is fine.

The problem is the Executor at 7* has no opening move. Because of this it starts out behind and gets whooped by about any other fleet.

When the Executor moves first the AE is useless since no enemy has breach. The heal is useless because no ship has taken damage.

Slower Executor can use the AE on Turn1 since the BH ships have moved first.

My bet is we are about to get a Punishing One ship that is faster than 192.

I believe an r7/r8, XB and RC I forget which ones which, will out speed an r8 capital ship. I saw someone posting their speeds in a different thread. So again, no extra ship needed to execute this strategy. Just an FYI.

Wrong, No BH ship outruns Exec, even with R8. IG-2000 has the same speed at R8, which turns the outcome of the start into a coin toss. You would need to remove a mod from Piett to fix that, which clearly is a terrible solution.

Correct, we hit that a few posts ago.