DS Geo P1 SM Getting completely wrecked on 3/4 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    For the record, she's healing the Lieutenant more than is decent. I think it's just from Shaak taking extra turns, but that Clone Lieutenant might also be benefitting from either a bug or from the nerf to Wat's Weapon tech. I should have been able to kill him between Shaak's heals, but I couldn't get it done.

As for the B1 not reviving, that's not a bug: B1 is not subject to revive. Look at its kit.The problem isn't the lack of revive. The problem is the battle going on so long. B1 did not used to get anywhere close to dead because B2 and/or Magna was soaking up the damage. With that no longer happening, there's time for a ton of counterattacks on B1 and it dies.
  • Options
    I believe the emphasis on Wat's Weapon Tech change to be misplaced. People using Magna or Brood Alpha as the 5th instead of Wat are seeing the same behavior.

One guy had his B1 stacks up to 332 before she finally died, hehe. What's super strange is others are having no issues at all, even w/ Shaak.

Something's afoot at the Circle K. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I am currently uploading a video to YouTube where I had 2 bugs in my run. Namely nute wasn't reducing cooldowns on his 2nd special, and wat stopped rezzing b2 battle droid out of the blue.

On top of that, the major problem is CG's castration of Wat Tambor, taking away defense ignore and not giving some kind of damage boost (such as 50% additional offense) is one of the most hurtful things they have done to this game.

Our guild had drastically increased failures when we were getting at least a 90% win rate on those that tried the mission before.

Just an FYI, Nute CD reduction can be resisted.
  • Options
    shaak seems to also have not just resistance to debuffs but immunity, at least to the red triangle. I was stuck in a loop where I had enemy down to just shaak, but couldn't get through her. Had a guildmate run into this and he left the game on auto for 30 minutes stuck in the same loop with the whole seperatist team (minus b1) shooting at her. We saw wat's revive failing repeatedly (maybe he's trying to revive b1?), I also don't think I got a single DoT or buff immunity or target lock on shaak the whole time (i.e. the 15% chance of failing a resist never triggered in dozens of attempts)
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I am currently uploading a video to YouTube where I had 2 bugs in my run. Namely nute wasn't reducing cooldowns on his 2nd special, and wat stopped rezzing b2 battle droid out of the blue.

On top of that, the major problem is CG's castration of Wat Tambor, taking away defense ignore and not giving some kind of damage boost (such as 50% additional offense) is one of the most hurtful things they have done to this game.

Our guild had drastically increased failures when we were getting at least a 90% win rate on those that tried the mission before.

Yeah, someone pointed that out to me, so I realize that's not a bug. Still, something is wrong with this mission because there are too many failures going on. Also the b2 not being able to revive any more past a certain point for no reason is another weird bug.

Again, this complication is out of no where, been beating this SM for well over a year.
  • Options
    At least 6 guys in my guild (including me) got steamrolled in p3 and all were using Magna, not Wat. None of us had an issue clearing this for ages. Something was definely changed or tweaked.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Wouldnt be a buff not a nerf?

Discussions in guild are around the weapons tech change, not a change to TB.

There is definitely something not right. My Shaak Ti was taunting (and believe me I had ample time to observe it in the 30 minutes I was stuck in a loop).

Her second special seems to be treating her as a tank instead of support, and there are (anecdotal for now) reports of her preventing revives and gaining too much TM. It's almost as if her kit and Fives somehow got mashed together.

I have beaten this mission with Magnaguard and she was not this thicc, so while the nerf to the weapon tech certainly didn't help, there is no reason my G12-R7 team should take 30+ minutes to chew through her.

I revived B2 multiple times. (Still failed the mission, and yes we reported this to the dev team)

See I couldn’t revive my b2 to save my life. 3 times and he didn’t come back.
  • Options
    Was b1 dead as well? Its a random ally isn't it? In which case if b1 and b2 are dead and it tries to bring back b1 it won't.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    mxak9t7tkfha.jpeg
    Was b1 dead as well? Its a random ally isn't it? In which case if b1 and b2 are dead and it tries to bring back b1 it won't.

Nope still had b1 for a few more merry go rounds of rinse and repeat attack and get blasted. By the end I only had Nute and droideka alive and somehow broke the cycle and was able to crawl to p4 and even more amazing I was able to survive long enough with those 2 to beat half the team before losing.
  • Options
    Compare to this old video and it's fairly obvious that someone has changed Shaak's tag from Support to Tank. Unclear if this was on purpose or by accident.

https://youtu.be/5xnmQmzabcE

In the current video (link below) the characters have the handy blue text that show their tags - sharpshooter is an attacker, medic is a healer, etc. Shaak is shown as a tank in 2021, and periodically you see Crit Avoidance flash on her when she uses the middle special. This doesn't happen in the older 2019 video - the only clone that gets Crit Avoidance is the Clone Lieutenant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSg4qQbiek

Again, my theory is that somewhere in code land, the pointer that is supposed to go to the Shaak Ti character stats is actually going to the elite Fives ones instead. This would explain the incorrect tag, revive prevention, extra TM gain, and increased thiccness in health/protection/defense. Speculation, but a good place to start if you are debugging.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah, someone pointed that out to me, so I realize that's not a bug. Still, something is wrong with this mission because there are too many failures going on. Also the b2 not being able to revive any more past a certain point for no reason is another weird bug.

Again, this complication is out of no where, been beating this SM for well over a year.

I agree, and we have pushed this to the dev team. It is still unclear on the exact changes, but I didnt have a chance to review your video yet.
  • Options
    Its not based in the TB. Most discussions I see are around using WAT as the 5th and the adjustments to weapons tech.

It’s absolutely not related to wat. A lot of people use magnaguard instead.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Had same issue in wave 3 vs Shaak. I used Wat, but this mission definitely felt like something had changed.
  • Options
    Its not based in the TB. Most discussions I see are around using WAT as the 5th and the adjustments to weapons tech.

I don't use Wat and i got wrecked against Shaak Ti in wave 3/4. As with others in the same guild. I always use Ventress and don't have issues.
  • Options

I agree, and we have pushed this to the dev team. It is still unclear on the exact changes, but I didnt have a chance to review your video yet.

I've seen pointed out that my b2 revival issues might be related to b1 having died due to the issues I was having in the fight (first time having lost b1 since before I had wat tambor) because wat wants to revive a random ally. I feel however they should change that to only roll for random revivals among the pool of characters able to actually be revived.
  • Options
    That was fun 5 minutes on full auto to kill off a solo Shaak Ti - nearly 400 stacks on B1. The final wave was essentially a volley from B1 😂
  • Options
    Discussions in guild are around the weapons tech change, not a change to TB.

So Kyno ... have you ever considered that not everyone is playing Wat Tambor on this mission? I usually play with Nute, B1, B2, Magna, DDK and I haven't lost this mission for over one year. Yesterday I was completely torn in 3/4 by Shaak Ti, just like many others in my guild.

Same for me, I don't use Wat either. So while I have no doubt that the Wat nerf was impactful (and above reports of not reviving are concerning) there was absolutely something up with Shaak Ti in Wave 3. I got crushed and it's been a long time since that happened. Outside of the SM, I also nearly lost with my Imperial Troopers in a regular combat where Shaak Ti showed up in Wave 4. In ALL previous attempts with good troopers, the enemies never take a turn at all but this time, in Wave 4 they woke up and killed off two troopers.
  • Options
    Players getting lower rewards because of the recent nerfs to high investment characters which are required in TB without any adjustments to TB?

In CG's Eyes: "Players getting lower rewards blah blah bah..." WAI!
  • Options
    I guess my first question to all of this is, why exactly is something like this mission even being messed with in the first place if it was all working fine before?

I believe this is our 2nd DS Geo tb since the character nerfs ( I could be wrong here if so feel free to correct me ) and I don't remember hearing about of this on the previous DS Geo.

It really just seems now days that every experience in the game is a negative result. First we had the P2 fleet mission screw up 2 DS Geo TB's ago and now we have this. On top of all the other negative changes that were intentional to the game.

How long does CG really think the community can sit there and take bad things happening over and over?

I really hope those at CG who get to make the decisions sit down and take a hard look at what they are doing to the game, or get moved to a different department and no longer have the power to make the decisions for the game.
  • Options
    They didn't change the mission, you guys. They "fixed" Shaak. I'm not 100% sure what that means yet, but it is 100% Shaak related. It isn't the Wat change. It is the Shaak "fix".

Gonna make P4 very difficult to max stars on, which might be the real reason behind it...
  • Options
    Glad to see this wasn't just me, usually beat this no problem but today lost on wave 4, and my toons are better than last go.
  • Options
    It is not a Wat tech issue. Players who use a relic Magna or Alpha that never lose are getting run over by Shaak, there is something going on with her kit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I've seen pointed out that my b2 revival issues might be related to b1 having died due to the issues I was having in the fight (first time having lost b1 since before I had wat tambor) because wat wants to revive a random ally. I feel however they should change that to only roll for random revivals among the pool of characters able to actually be revived.

Yeah, I suspected the same thing, but I thought the same change was in place, maybe it got broken/removed by accident.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jesse36 wrote: »

It’s absolutely not related to wat. A lot of people use magnaguard instead.

Yes I am aware.
  • Options
    Multiple people in my guild have failed to never ending Shaak. All using multiple different 5th toons. Luckily enough i didn't get Shaak in the thirds wave.

Another crack job of breaking a TB and shrugging the shoulders. We're now 2/2 with the Executor bug last time around and Shaak this time.

Still waiting for my testers check.
  • Options
    Something was definitely changed. There seemed to be some crazy tm mechanics with the Shaak level. I watched clones take nearly infinite turns until they got to kill off by IG while I sit there watching by B1 with 100% TM not able to take a turn and regen IG's protection. I could get clones or shaak to near death and then hit them time and again without them dying and then Shaak would heal them.
  • Options
    I like how CG hasn't even acknowledged it yet. Every time I think they can't surprise me with their ineptitude, they find a way. Bravo.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I like how CG hasn't even acknowledged it yet. Every time I think they can't surprise me with their ineptitude, they find a way. Bravo.

It's still early yet give them a chance to review, decide its to their advantage and state WAI.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    fbsckaqocdo2.png
    Something is not right, is it?