Shaak Ti Geonosis Territory Battle Update - affected players?

Prev1
What makes you an "affected player" to receive extra Wat shards and GET2?

Replies

• Definitely needs clarification - also can we get an explanation as to why there aren’t any crystals included? My guild had tons of people outright fail the Dooku mission bc Shaak took so many turns and wiped the entire team within a few turns. My guild missed 31* by a little over 4 million points - have to think that a few more waves within missions would have accounted for that difference based on the ridiculous difficulty presented by this issue.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    This affected too many people, thats why its no crystals

Not following. When the fleet DSTB mission was bugged they gave out crystals then I’m pretty sure when it prevented you from getting a star.
  • Just for reference here is what they did for DSTB iu2ds67gpnhy.jpeg
  • I'd be interested to know what precisely went wrong and whether it will be reverted to how it was previously by the next DS Geo TB. There isn't an entry for it on the Developer Tracker, so it's hard to know what state things are in. That said, I appreciate the compensation and the promise of more information forthcoming.

Would it be too much to hope for an update on Conquest Deathmark today too? Or when the next Conquest starts for that matter?
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    RezaTorin wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »

Not following. When the fleet DSTB mission was bugged they gave out crystals then I’m pretty sure when it prevented you from getting a star.

When the DSTB mission was bugged, it only affected a small % of guilds doing Geo. Even though they didn't say it, this bug affected every guild doing Geo. Way more people affected by this than were affected by the ship mission.
  • StarSon wrote: »

When the DSTB mission was bugged, it only affected a small % of guilds doing Geo. Even though they didn't say it, this bug affected every guild doing Geo. Way more people affected by this than were affected by the ship mission.

Why does that matter? So because the bug affected everyone it then is excusable that it impacted overall star counts for some guilds? I’m sure they could figure out who was close enough that it made a difference.
  • What's confusing to me is that it's going to players. Why wouldn't they say guilds? Or is that what they are assuming? I mean, the guild misses out in shards bc of this, so shouldn't all get it, not just a single player in the guild.
  • Affected players means nothing. How do you differentiate between those affected in the different phases and missions given the ‘random’ nature of which teams we face, and if Shaak was present in those waves/special mission.

Many that didn’t use Wat in P1 for example lost where they would normally stomp it, yet those that didn’t get a Shaak Ti walked it. What about those affected in P4 Dooku mission?
  • How did this issue come to be? What update caused this to happen. The lack of transparency is astounding at the current negative community perception of CG.

Explain the situation and how it happened, connect again with your community…
  • Calbion wrote: »
    Affected players means nothing. How do you differentiate between those affected in the different phases and missions given the ‘random’ nature of which teams we face, and if Shaak was present in those waves/special mission.
    In another thread someone mentions that "affected players" probably is meant to distinguish between Hoth TB and Geo TB.

• This whole thing cost our guild our first run at the 33rd star. Cost a lot more than 500GET2. Is it even being fixed??
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    Nah they probably like super immortal shak ti
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Nah they probably like super immortal shak ti

If that was the case, it would be unlikely there would be compensation for affected players
  • Why isn’t anyone mentioning the fact that the chimaera mission in DS Geo TB had another issue, where vulture droid suddenly became a requirement when it never was before as it’s an event’s ship and not required to own.
    I couldn’t complete the mission because of this bug. What compensation am I gonna get for that?
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Why does that matter? So because the bug affected everyone it then is excusable that it impacted overall star counts for some guilds? I’m sure they could figure out who was close enough that it made a difference.

Well obviously it *shouldn't* matter. The guy you responded to simply pointed out CG's logic for not giving crystals, and I was just answering your question.
  • Roombya wrote: »

Reached out to the devs. The items will be received by everyone in a guild that reached phase 3 of the affected Geo TB.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Roombya wrote: »

Reached out to the devs. The items will be received by everyone in a guild that reached phase 3 of the affected Geo TB.
    It sounds so weird when you write that you reached out to the devs, since you are a dev yourself. At least you have the "SWGOH DEV TEAM" Tag in forums. May I ask what is your expertise in the game when you are not involved in development?
    And thanks for the clarification. But you mean zone 3, right? Phase 3 you reach automatically after 72 hours have passed

By Phase 3, you mean zone 3? Phase for me is a time measurement and everyone get to Phase 3.

Thanks Doja. What about the Chimera mission in P2 where vulture droid went from being a provided event toon to a required unit? That hurt a lot of peoples progression that phase
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    zatho wrote: »

It sounds so weird when you write that you reached out to the devs, since you are a dev yourself. At least you have the "SWGOH DEV TEAM" Tag in forums. May I ask what is your expertise in the game when you are not involved in development?

His role is community manager. From my understanding he doesnt do any actual development for the game at this point(I could be wrong), but was a part of the team in other capacities before taking this role. (That's right, he knew what he was getting into and still took the job.)

Will it affect matters if members have changed guilds since the end of the last TB?
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member

By Phase 3, you mean zone 3? Phase for me is a time measurement and everyone get to Phase 3.

I'm sure he means vertical slice (which is I believe the official name) 3.

Waste of time really. Just send everyone the things. It's such a small amount it's not going to really impact anything. Much "cheaper" than whatever man power is needed to figure out who to send it to.
  • Have to say this is a funny definition of affected players.
    I thought a lot of people were highly affected in first zone special mission where we saw all of the first reports of the bugs.
    CG, this is even below your level.

Sorry, how does this make any sense? The post was said to be justifying the compensation because the issue existed in Zone 3. Ok, but then how do you explain acknowledging the issue while Phase 1 was still going on? I’m not much of a detective but this doesn’t add up. Shaak was completely broken the entire TB. Why can’t that just be acknowledged? What is being done to fix it next time? Feels like all we want is an explanation of what happened. I don’t think I’m alone in feeling like the issue caused other guilds (including my own) from missing an additional star in P4 - are we seriously trying to say there was no issue in P1 special mission, and no issue in P4 Dooku, but something affected P3 and everything else was just *really really bad RNG*?

Sorry, but I don’t buy it.
  • I’m not sure what the problem is with them. CG seems to not compensate properly at all. Just come out with a generous compensation pack to your player base and and say this is because we screwed up and then fix the problem like normal companies do. Stop being so stingy. Get back the lost good will. It just seems like one problem after another and they just keep treating their customers very poorly. You need to turn this around and fast. I hate expecting the worst every single time things get messed up and knowing we will be holding an empty bag at the end.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Sorry, how does this make any sense? The post was said to be justifying the compensation because the issue existed in Zone 3. Ok, but then how do you explain acknowledging the issue while Phase 1 was still going on? I’m not much of a detective but this doesn’t add up. Shaak was completely broken the entire TB. Why can’t that just be acknowledged? What is being done to fix it next time? Feels like all we want is an explanation of what happened. I don’t think I’m alone in feeling like the issue caused other guilds (including my own) from missing an additional star in P4 - are we seriously trying to say there was no issue in P1 special mission, and no issue in P4 Dooku, but something affected P3 and everything else was just *really really bad RNG*?

How many DSTB stars and Wat shards did you get last month, and this month?
  • RezaTorin
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

How many DSTB stars and Wat shards did you get last month, and this month?

Normally 31, partial to 32. Missed 31 by 4 million this time. Definitely affected the awards we got. Not really worried about Wat shards - that didn’t seem to be an issue.