[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies

• All the points are from offense now, set 1 team on defense and you almost can’t lose bc your opponent will only get points for the territory, not from winning battles.
  • Will 3v3 still be a month-long? I can't stand doing it for an entire season of GAC, doing it once a week like every other month wouldn't be bad.
  • Or you could just leave GA rewards completely alone you greedy sons of rancor poodoo. CG You are awful at Game development and I hope you lose your IP license and you all lose your jobs.
  • Recurve wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    I’m liking the changes - assuming CG has the matchmaking figured out

MM will be based on rank now. If you are outclassed, your rank will decrease, and you'll get easier opponents.

I think you mean when you are out GL'ed... not really outclassing.
    It will turn into who has the most GLs and better roster, not who can use their roster the best.

It'll be a combination of the 2. I understand the income disruption complaints. But complaining about a ladder for MM seems without merit.
  • SiuanPamic
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    😂 judging by the replies, I’m in love with this update already. Squad arena is a joke. Anyone that thinks squad arena is better content than GAC....
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    Someone explain to me how anyone under 6mil gp will ever make it into kyber now! Last gac I was 1000 banners short of kyber and looking forward to actually making it into kyber for next gac but I guess that is now completely out the window?

If I read correctly you don’t have divisions anymore each with their own carbonite through kyber levels but it is now 1 huge pool with better matchmaking??? How is this fair for lower GP rosters still building.

Who do you think needs more crystals/gear someone with 9mil GP and 2 toons to gear up; or someone with a couple mil GP who needs to still level/gear 20 toons just for a GL!!!!!!!

Spend more

Hilarious guy, incorrect answer, you spend only to get your GP +6mil up to be in kyber now, negates the question, cause you automatically now start in kyber!
    you can’t make it into kyber if they don’t keep GP divisions
    I want to play against people who started same month I did ‘8 months ago’ or someone with similar gp range. And if I beat 99% of people in that range I should be able to reach top rewards from kyber payouts.

More over it is just stupid initial placement based on GP!!! What happen to making it to kyber not given it to start! Sooo cheap!!!
  • Nope, they are pushing everyone to play a game mode most dont care for. Will see if it blows up in their face or not.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    There are a lot of doomers here, but if reddit, the most negative part of our playerbase, has a poll currently saying that only 30% of players are considering quitting, it's not going to be the end of the game. I think that after the changes go live, people will get the idea of how much potential there is for their crystal income to either be more or similar to what they are accustomed to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/r582by/whos_quitting_after_the_latest_announcement_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Poll for reference.

Yeah, I've thought it was "arenas". In the current scheme there's even a possibility for net gain for some. Possibility of a severe loss is even hard for no shows (i.e. falling to carbonite if you are 4-5m gp). 386 crystals/day loss is mathematically possible if you manage to fall to the deep end and just do 1 attacks to register. It's akin to arena no-shows.

We’re going to end up with more crystals according to the chart
  • Stop thinking of kyber as a goal each GAC season, you get there by climbing the ladder over a long period of time
  • SiuanPamic wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    There are a lot of doomers here, but if reddit, the most negative part of our playerbase, has a poll currently saying that only 30% of players are considering quitting, it's not going to be the end of the game. I think that after the changes go live, people will get the idea of how much potential there is for their crystal income to either be more or similar to what they are accustomed to.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/r582by/whos_quitting_after_the_latest_announcement_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Poll for reference.

Yeah, I've thought it was "arenas". In the current scheme there's even a possibility for net gain for some. Possibility of a severe loss is even hard for no shows (i.e. falling to carbonite if you are 4-5m gp). 386 crystals/day loss is mathematically possible if you manage to fall to the deep end and just do 1 attacks to register. It's akin to arena no-shows.

Not if you are a newer player and a squad arena topper. The newer you are, the more losses you will have.
  • dardar299 wrote: »
    Ga takes a lot more time than squad arena. Im at a point where simply collecting characters is more fun than playing most areas of the game. I have some friends i really enjoy talking about the game with, but this might just be it for me. I dont play my ga, and this probably wont make me. It will just punish me heavily for ignoring it now. Ill wait and see, but my guess is this is the end for me. I just unlocked jml and i might be quitting before i get him to g13. Ive wasted the last almost year farming characters i dont even want or care about, just to likely quit before i can use them.

GAC is taking longer than squad arena and you don't play it? Impressive
    SiuanPamic wrote: »

Poll for reference.

Not if you are a newer player and a squad arena topper. The newer you are, the more losses you will have.

I stand to gain a lot. I’m all for it 😎
  • This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

Poll for reference.

If you uave gl kenobi and cat... and thats your only GL.... you can get 500 a day.

But if you only have the one gl in gac... you arent going to get 500 a day, not even close.

Me, i have them all. Hate gac. Now im forced to play it and try to gwt to a point where i can get 450 to 500 crystal a day. Sounds bad to me.

8.2 mil gp currently
  • MaulVI wrote: »
    Literally no one asked for this

I did
  • This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

So basically you’re looking for quick meaningless rewards?
  • Q1. What matters are you taking to help prevent cheating? This is going to increase the likelihood for players to resort to cheating, and smart cheaters know how to cheat in such a way that it grantees their victory but doesn't make it seem so obvious. Example: Instead of using a g1 CUP to take down a Darth Revan team by himself, they may use their low-gear/terribly modded padme team but simply increase all their stats by 30% or whatever it takes to win. You'd see the team and feel it's reasonable in the swgoh.gg GAC tracker, but they totally would have cheated and you'd never know.

Q2. What is the estimated initial population of Kyber going to be?

Q3. Since it's constantly sending the bottom 10% to Aurodium 5, this will eventually thin out the numbers in Kyber and make it harder for people to maintain their placement in Kyber. Will rewards be rebalanced in the future when less people can maintain their status quo of crystal income?

Q4. We noticed that you left Fleet Arena untouched. Is there a plan to eliminate this too one day?

Q5. With the current sign up method to GAC, there are times that I have forgotten to double check if my mods were in order after a TB, and then I join and realize minutes after that I doomed my entire week of playtime. Is there going to be a way to back out and rejoin like in TW so I'm not dooming not only a full week's worth of crystals, but potentially my whole month's?

Q6. With this change, it makes forgetting to sign up for GAC a hundred times more punishing. Will you make it so that by default you are signed up for GAC and have a way to back out and rejoin similar to what I listed in Q5? If something happens and I'm in the hospital for the day of gac sign up, it could essentially ruin my crystal income indefinitely.

Q7. Will there be changes to SA to potentially remove the limited attempts per day (and eliminate the refresh after 5 battles for 50 crystals)?

Q8. 3v3 GAC has a severe imbalance issue with galactic legends, especially post the non-GL nerf that we experienced earlier this year. When I notice I go against a player that has 2 more GLs than me in 3v3, I personally give up for that round. It's a rare occurrence, but it may be more common in this type of proposed matchmaking. Will you factor GL count into matchmaking to try to keep it within 1 GL more or less than each other?

Q9. With omicrons being tied to GAC and now GAC is tied to crystals, will there be an increase of methods to earn Omicrons outside of conquest, weekly shipments, challenges, packs, and the incredibly rare cantina node drop? It feels like it'll be really hard to convince me to not omicron GAC related toons first and therefore leaving my upcoming new Boba, SOJ in the dust for TW, because in the end, crystals are king above all other payouts in the game. Potential locations would be to give everyone an omicron at the end of the week for gac, add them to the fleet arena drops, add them to a weekly crate, or more.

If anyone else would like to add their questions to mine, please feel free. I may add more as they come to mind.

Poll for reference.

Same. 7.8m gp. Even mediocre performance will probably put me in a place where I'm even with arena gains. This reshuffling of the cards will annoy many, many will prematurely hate it or hate it on principle (habits die hard), but it's not the end.
  • All the points are from offense now, set 1 team on defense and you almost can’t lose bc your opponent will only get points for the territory, not from winning battles.

LMAO, doh, oh wait there is no incentive for setting a defense now.

CG - how did we not think of that loophole?

because you don’t think at all!!! your strategy for a strategic game blows

• ShaggyB wrote: »

Poll for reference.

If you uave gl kenobi and cat... and thats your only GL.... you can get 500 a day.

But if you only have the one gl in gac... you arent going to get 500 a day, not even close.

Me, i have them all. Hate gac. Now im forced to play it and try to gwt to a point where i can get 450 to 500 crystal a day. Sounds bad to me.

8.2 mil gp currently

Squad arena is garbage content. If it’s the only reason you play (which would be hard to believe), then why would you invest in this game? You didn’t get all the GLs for free
  • Another question I have is regarding swgoh.gg. I know you aren't directly affiliated with them, but their gac history feature can really hurt matches and I'd like to have it remain private so I don't give away some of my strategy. I understand that they can see what I did after our match and that's fine, I'm more referring to what I did in the match prior. Could that type of information be hidden until after a season is over?

Poll for reference.

Same. 7.8m gp. Even mediocre performance will probably put me in a place where I'm even with arena gains. This reshuffling of the cards will annoy many, many will prematurely hate it or hate it on principle (habits die hard), but it's not the end.

I’m absolutely ecstatic for this change. I’ve said it already, but it bears repeating. Squad arena is garbage
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »

They're looking to continue with the game the way its been for the last 6 years without penalty. You seem to want to play GAC and you could do that fine without this chane, they want to not be penalised for having fun in the game the way they played it for years.

Lol absolutely ridiculous thinking. I’ve been playing since day one. If it was the same game as day one, I highly doubt anyone complaining would still be playing.
  • MasterSeedy
    4965 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    I hate Conquest. I hate GAC.

All rewards ===> Conquest & GAC.

I'm a long time player, and I don't threaten to leave the game lightly, and I will not do so now, but depending on how often the game requires me to play GAC, I can easily see this being the reason I ultimately quit SWGOH.

Both of these game modes, GAC & Conquest, are "grindy". I mean, it's a mobile collectible game, so it's always going to be grindy to some extent, but this turns that up to 11 thousand.

I don't want to commit to worry about timing my game play for good stamina all day 2 weeks a month, and I don't want to do the "paperwork" of setting defenses. This is unimaginably boring.

If you're going to kill Arena and prioritize GAC, the **bare minimum** you could do is implement QOL improvements for playing GAC, like being able to save your default defenses and load them all at once (not saving squads and loading one squad at a time, and building your defensive fleets by hand... again and again and again).

But of course you won't think about QOL, will you?

You simply noticed that people weren't playing GAC and instead of asking, "How can we make GAC fun?" you asked, "How can we force more hours per day playing GAC?"

FUN should always be the priority. Save the changes to the g8=>g11 gear economy, all your recent changes have been at the cost of fun.

I'm personally dreading these changes. I can't say yet whether I will truly hate them, that remains to be seen, but the feeling of dread is definitely a bad omen.

I've been a big booster of your game for years. At this point, I would not recommend starting a new account to anyone.
    This should be a game for entertainment and having to play GAC with such intensity will cause a lot of stress, this is not the way. If what you wanted is to give more importance to the GAC you should have increased the rewards to promote its game. Part of the essence of SWGOH has died today.

What i want is to not have my investment messed with.

If i go all in for a meta to win at arena, i dont want to see arena lose importance and reward in favor of an area where a different style of play/collecting is the name of the game, and sometimes it was about not increasing your gp too high....

To do this right you do the changes to gac, but you leave arena alone.

Id be more inclined to engage in gac if the rewards were better and it helped me out.

That said taking something from me to force me in another direction doesnt feel good

Poll for reference.

I’m absolutely ecstatic for this change. I’ve said it already, but it bears repeating. Squad arena is garbage

Squad Arena is garbage….GACis garbage. Conquest WAS fun….now it is an abomination. How about a new game mode that is exciting and rewarding? It looks like they are just shuffling the chairs on the titanic!!
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Yeah I'm F2P and don't trust the GAC MM for my crystal income as I do my daily 1st in squad and fleet arena. I'll re read this and watch some videos on number crunching tomorrow, but I'm almost certain I'll be walking away from the game because of this. Been playing since launch. Not sure how they could have done something worse than the CHOREquest changes, but here we are. CG Thanos'ing their playerbase.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Oh and yes, for the record, I've been calling folks marks for listening to rumors, but the rumors turned out to have been broadly right. So I'm the mark after all. I'm not too proud to admit when I was wrong.

No, dude. You were right to be skeptical. Just because this part of a "leak" turned out to be true means nothing. I can predict rain every day. The day it actually rains doesn't prove my clairvoyance.
  • This is the best example of how messed up this change is, they needlessly change the terms fair GAC.
    “ NOTE: The term for Divisions and Leagues have been swapped. Leagues are now called Divisions and Divisions are now called Leagues to be more in line with other common tournament systems.”