[MEGA] State of the Galaxy: November 2021

Replies



  • Can we ban devs having alt accounts to post with in the forums? It’s either that or there’s a large amount of people who don’t understand how numbers work. This is a clear attack on the player base, nothing else.

    Really informative post. I like it.

    If you are not good at GAC its on you. Dont blame the numbers.

    Like I said it will be harder to get max crystals. Mayby letters are not your thing.

    I’ve made kyber every time since grand arena was introduced and I’d beat your sad little roster like a drum. By the way, “mayby” isn’t a word, so I’m thinking letters and numbers aren’t your thing.
  • My problem with all of this is that you can try to fix the matchmaking, but you CANT force anyone to place a defense. I am a high GP player, and at least once per season I have an opponent in the first round of a match autoset 6 GLs on me and make it impossible for me to clear the board. Winning and advancing in the arenas is points based and weighted toward clearing the board, and allowing opponents to autoset 6 GLs unfairly reduces my possible points and standings regardless of how good I play.

    Autosetting should either place 0 GLs or the bottom of the opponent's roster, not the top.
  • Nauros
    5177 posts Member
    Ok, that's a whole lot to digest...
    There seem to be two goals going on, of course unstated in the official announcement. The first one is sustainability - squad arena basically enforces power creep, which can only go so far before the whole thing topples. I can fully get behind that, and it seems they plan to keep the game around for a while, for better or worse.
    The other goal is to keep the crystal income more stratified. Shard chats enabled a lot of people to get good rewards, and that's not the CG way. Now they have tighter control over how many crystals go among the players.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is 3v3. Now, the crystal income is partially tied to a mode the game wasn't designed for and we have no way to practice. Very bad move.
    Overall, I guess it depends on how much will the crystal income actually be nerfed and whether or not the new matchmaking works as intended. I don't have high hopes, but I don't condemn it right away either.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    at this point I would only expect a veteran pension of receiving at least 400 crystals every day for playing game regardless if I play squad arena or not... I feel I deserve better. I wont fall for deceitful tactics of making me earn "enough" in GAC when I can live peacefully in my squad arena shard. Eventually more subtle changes will come and I wont be able to compete for the same amount of rewards thus sink slowly and surely behind.

    Behind what? Who are you comparing yourself to?

    elaborate on your question, what do you mean?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Ok, that's a whole lot to digest...
    There seem to be two goals going on, of course unstated in the official announcement. The first one is sustainability - squad arena basically enforces power creep, which can only go so far before the whole thing topples. I can fully get behind that, and it seems they plan to keep the game around for a while, for better or worse.
    The other goal is to keep the crystal income more stratified. Shard chats enabled a lot of people to get good rewards, and that's not the CG way. Now they have tighter control over how many crystals go among the players.
    The elephant in the room, of course, is 3v3. Now, the crystal income is partially tied to a mode the game wasn't designed for and we have no way to practice. Very bad move.
    Overall, I guess it depends on how much will the crystal income actually be nerfed and whether or not the new matchmaking works as intended. I don't have high hopes, but I don't condemn it right away either.

    The “elephant in the room” is in-game currency(crystals). These changes will dramatically reduce the amount of crystals given out to the player base as a whole. They assume that will force the player base to spend more money to acquire crystals. This is about milking every last dollar out of what’s left of the player base, everything else is eye wash.

    Still waiting for you prove this claim with math: "These changes will dramatically reduce the amount of crystals given out to the player base as a whole.". Should be easy since you have already done the math.
  • Really bad idea. Taking away the games main source of crystals and adding them to a mode which takes much longer, isn’t as much fun and constantly makes use of 3v3 in a game where you are meant to pit 5v5.

    Kyber 1 will be taken by whales and what happens during the 1 week period that GAC doesn’t run? Everybody just has crystal rewards massively knocked down? For the record via Squad arena I currently make more crystals than kyber 1 would in a week
  • Nauros
    5177 posts Member
    Daimoisgod wrote: »
    Really bad idea. Taking away the games main source of crystals and adding them to a mode which takes much longer, isn’t as much fun and constantly makes use of 3v3 in a game where you are meant to pit 5v5.

    Kyber 1 will be taken by whales and what happens during the 1 week period that GAC doesn’t run? Everybody just has crystal rewards massively knocked down? For the record via Squad arena I currently make more crystals than kyber 1 would in a week

    To be fair, fun is entirely subjective and the time sink will be only on attack days and spread out through the whole day.
  • Solid_PR wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    at this point I would only expect a veteran pension of receiving at least 400 crystals every day for playing game regardless if I play squad arena or not... I feel I deserve better. I wont fall for deceitful tactics of making me earn "enough" in GAC when I can live peacefully in my squad arena shard. Eventually more subtle changes will come and I wont be able to compete for the same amount of rewards thus sink slowly and surely behind.

    Behind what? Who are you comparing yourself to?

    elaborate on your question, what do you mean?

    You say you'll sink and fall behind... who are you going to fall behind? Who are you measuring yourself against?
  • Nauros
    5177 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Daimoisgod wrote: »
    Really bad idea. Taking away the games main source of crystals and adding them to a mode which takes much longer, isn’t as much fun and constantly makes use of 3v3 in a game where you are meant to pit 5v5.

    Kyber 1 will be taken by whales and what happens during the 1 week period that GAC doesn’t run? Everybody just has crystal rewards massively knocked down? For the record via Squad arena I currently make more crystals than kyber 1 would in a week

    To be fair, fun is entirely subjective and the time sink will be only on attack days and spread out through the whole day.

    “Fun is subjective” should be CG’s new slogan, that’s genius.

    Well, isn't it? I, for one, don't find GAC not as much fun as arena, mainly because I don't find arena fun in the first place.
  • So my gut was wrong. I’ll likely benefit from this change starting in the second season at the worst. If I can manage three wins, certainly not a given at 7.4 million gp in kyber 1, I will likely not get demoted and will see a modest increase in my crystal income.

    I do agree a lot of players will see an increase in their crystal income especially those that did not engage in SA. However, a lot will see a decrease in crystal income especially if their gp is below 5.5ish million gp.

    All that said, current player increase/decrease of crystal income is missing the point of how bad this change is. For any game to survive it needs to continually bring in new players who can replace players who leave. This is true for both ftp and insert aquatic species of your choice here. This hurts newer players of all varieties.

    If a new player is ftp, their income is greatly reduced, progression is slowed, and therefore enjoyment and likely retention is less. If you’re willing to whale, the cost and/or time investment has just dramatically increased to catch up to the end game.

    Regardless of whether you are ftp or a spender, liked one or both of SA/GAC or hated one or both. I would think you would want to see changes that encourage at least the player base remaining stable. This does not help newer players so this change can’t be viewed any other way than lessening the lifespan of the game. This is true whether or not the current players benefit as whole or not. This is true whether or not this causes a spike in player retirements.
  • Nauros
    5177 posts Member
    SCCH wrote: »
    Please remove 3v3 forever

    Or actually test and balance with 3v3 in mind and let us practice somewhere. But considering that they barely even test and balance for 5v5 and a sandbox mode seems to be a big no-no...
  • I've played since the middle of the first year, 2 accounts and this is probably the end for me.

    Way to destroy everything we've built.
  • If I am understanding this correctly it seems like a boost for most just maybe not the elite, correct me if I am missing something but I have 5.6 mil GP and 1 GL close on a second I consistently finish Arena between 50 and 20 which earns me 150 crystals per day, with the new system I will start at Aurodium division 1 which according to their chart should average me 378 crystals per day over the 35 day cycle and possibly up to 490 as a max. Besides the time sink on GAC which I do anyway what is the downside? For those who sit at #1 in Arena as long as you are Kyber level the averages sit between mid 400’s to mid 500’s compared to the 500 earned for #1 and the high end max peaks up into 700+ per day. This seems like much more for people that are willing to grind in GAC and less for those that sign up auto fill, don’t try and finish 0-3 each round. It would also help if they made a minimum column to go with the max and average to let the sign up and don’t show participants know what they will be gifted on average.
  • Maybe it’s cultural (I’ve grown up with English and Scottish football) but I like jeopardy in competition- so I’m happy to see promotions and relegations based on performance. I also find the feats a bit random and occasionally infantile so like the uncoupling from ranking. I do ok in Squad - but I struggle to break into top 20 as I don’t have JMK & CAT. Overall I’m happy to see how this pans out. However it has made me reflect on why I play this game.

    My conclusion is it’s because I like Star Wars, I like my guild mates and I like the daily tiny acts of mobile violence. As longs as I have them, I’m not too bothered about much else.
  • With squad arena now become much less of a focus for higher level players. Can we have it so you only have to do 1 battle or maybe none at all for the daily challenges?
  • This feels very wait-and-see for me. I’d say I was cautiously optimistic, if not for being cautiously optimistic about Conquest 7 and 10 and that blowing up in my face.

    I’ll save more for the Q&A, because I have a few questions about this. But… wow.
  • Nothing will ever match the anger around the great Nerfing of 2021, this just seems like work for more or accept that your crystal participation trophy will be less cause you didn’t try.
  • My feedback is that I like the change. But please don’t rub conquest and gac at the same time. During conquest my playtime is already really restricted, previously you could skip some gac fights without any real consequence. This changes now, and I think a lot of players will have problems playing both and at the same time keeping the family happy :p
  • Oh, guys, come on
    Instead of playing 1h at fixed time doing same thing
    You can play once two days 1h (any time) doing something way more exciting
    Keeping more or less similar income

    This guy gets it ;-)

    Biggest QOL in this game from start
  • The end of shard mafias controlling Crystal incomes. Squad arena was not only a terrible game mode, it was an over controlled, and organised Crystal mine.

    Now you won’t need 8m GP to reach a pretty decent Crystal income. This is a great change, and I for one am pumped.

    A tiny % of this player base earns decent crystals in SA. As far as I know FA is staying the same. It’s such small group that makes SA incomes. Sure they will be upset, but that’s just tough. The vast majority of the game base will get more out of this than SA. It’s a positive change in my opinion. Very positive.
  • Oh, guys, come on
    Instead of playing 1h at fixed time doing same thing
    You can play once two days 1h (any time) doing something way more exciting
    Keeping more or less similar income

    This.

    Arena 5 battles/day = 35 / week.
    New gac depending on division roughly 10 x 3 battles / week = 30.

    There really is no time sink.
    If arena rewards will be as bad as it seems there is no reason to do arena. So there will be less battles on average.

    The ability to do the battles any time it suits me best is huge QOL. Thanks CG.
Sign In or Register to comment.