What team do you finish GW with?

Prev1
ItsJarJarBinkz
2494 posts Member
edited March 2016
AiKIdUi.jpg]
I finished with this. Would of been poggle lead with poe, geo and both IGs but poe died.

Replies

• Options
    Main team: QGJ (L), Rey, GS, Daka, Lumi

B team: Nute (L), Leia, Lando, RG, Ewok Elder

Subs: Poggle, JC, Old Ben

C Team: 5/6 star mid level droids
  • Options
    Main : QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, JC, Lum
    Sub Jedi: Eeth, Mace, Barris

B team: Phasma lead, Poggle, IG-86, IG-88, Sid

Usually finish with one or none deaths
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    The last one I put my arena team in sans Poe (as his special can be soaked by a suicide squad)

That is: QGJ, Lumi, Sid (replacing Poe as his heal immunity annoys other players), Dooku and Rey. All 7* maxed.

It pleases me knowing L60's come up against this team in GW and throw their toys out of the pram.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    Main
    Lumi lead
    Dooku
    Jc
    Sid
    Qjg
    Sub gs and 86

B team
    Yoda lead
    Mace
    Ek
    Savage
    Ventress
    Sub kylo and maul

And finish it easy
  • Options
    I never lose anyone in GW so I finish it with some fun like you do. I run poggle lead, 88, 86, Poe, GS. All are maxed except Poe who is 5*. Today, I came up against QGJ lead, yoda, lumi, windu and JC all maxed. My GS got lumi into red health, then poggle gave offence up. Poe landed 5 exposes and 88 did the dirty work leaving 86 to finish off windu. This left JC standing only to heal himself and then get finished off.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I very rarely have to use suicide squads or B teams.

I run
    Lumi (L)
    JC

and then whatever combination of the below I feel like
    Dooku
    QGJ (sometimes L a few nodes if I need to burn something down fast or vs QGJ lead)
    SIdious (sometimes L a few nodes if I need a bit more damage)
    GS
    Kylo Ren
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I try to finish with something that's less than the best team I could finish with so that if others encounter my team when doing their GW it doesn't totally wreck them. It's not nice and kind of a **** move, although I am hoping that not everyone realizes what they are doing to others because I still encounter a lot of teams missing healers that I absolutely, 100% know they didn't use for the majority of GW.

Now, if I have to bring a strong arena style team to finish GW, so be it. But I haven't had to do that to finish in months.

Oh...I should add that my standard GW team is Barriss (corrected) (lead), QGJ, GS, Lumi, and Ahsoka.

I leave Dooku, Rey, Sid, IG-86, IG-88, Daka, Poe, Kylo, Yoda and others (everything is maxed out) on the bench for the final fight when possible.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Either my arena team or a test team/build I'm thinking of making my next arena team. Depends on my run.

I finished the last one with something I was curious on.

Ventress Lead
    Daka
    RG
    Dooku
    GS

Was not a true test as Dooku and GS were both damaged, Dooku had 1 cooldown on special as they are on my GW march squad. They were both about 60% HP and I faced a Dooku led Poggle 3 cannon team(88,86,gs) so I only walked out with Ventress and a barely alive RG. I was happy with the result seeing as 1 of my 3 speedy characters had cooldowns and 2 were damaged and 1 had a heal as special.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Mostly my arena team. Dooku, Rey, RP, RG, daka.
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use my main team for most battles and I'll pull out a B team if there's a certain enemy toon I want to burn down first. I'll put in my main squad if the B team loses to mop up what's left of the enemy team. I'll use a suicide squad if I want an enemy to blow their special and then come back with my main squad.

Main Team:
    7* Lumi(L)
    7* Phasma
    6* Sid
    5* Talia
    5* Chewie
    Sometimes I switch to Phasma lead if Lumi lead is getting terrible RNG for a certain battle. Chewie is actually my favorite GW tank because he can taunt and then heal himself so he lasts multiple battles. Poe, Han, and RG only last one or two battles before they die.

B team(Jedi):
    5* QGJ(L)
    5* Yoda
    5* JC
    5* Mace
    5* Ahsoka

B team:
    4* Finn (L)
    4* Poe
    5* Greedo
    4* GS
    4* RG

Subs:
    4* Vader
    4* IG-88
    4* Ventress
    4* Han
    4* Bariss

Suicide:
    3* Luke(L)
    4* Nute
    3* IG-86
    3* Dooku
    3* Jawa
    Some other 1* and 2* toons if I'm really struggling that day, which doesn't happen often.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I kill off as many characters as possible on the last node. I make sure the sides are equal with regards to number of characters. So when there's 5 enemies, I have 5 toons. When I kill off someone, the next time I do 4, etc. I just keep grabbing the toons from the bottom, hit auto, and see what happens. Today I finished by beating Sid with I think kit. I keep my A squad in reserves just in case, but it never comes down to that. A few times, I've gotten it down to my last 6 toons before I won. So if you ever get to the last node, and it's just 1 guy, it could be me :)

FWIW:
    (Teams are level 70 and well geared- used to mostly or fully clear a tough node. Survivors are moved into suicide squad trash bucket)
    Team A- Barriss, lumi, QGJ, GS, FOTP
    Team B- phasma, FOST, kylo, Tusken raider, Poe
    Team C- Vader, Tarkin, Snowtrooper, RG, poggle
    Team D- Dooku, Sid, Rey, yoda, cad bane

(Suicide squads are level 60, or poor geared 70s. Used to kill off a leader or high threat- aka Daka, Rey, fotp, etc. there are never any survivors)
    Suicide A- HK, 86, 88, magmagaurd, leia
    Suicide B- boba, lando, greedo, fives, maul
    Suicide C- Ben, kit, Talia, JC, Aayla
    Suicide D+ any other random 60+ toons or survivors from main teams

Fodder- anyone under 60. Used to blow cool downs in 1 turn or less or it's free!
  • RicoTK
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss (L), Dooku, Lumi, GS, QGJ. Usually finish eith this team but occasionally swap out Dooku for Sid
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    A Team: QGJ, Lumi, GS, Rey, and FOTP

B Team: Barriss, Daka, Dooku, Sid, and GS
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    i finish mine with:
    Ackbar
    Leia
    Biggs
    Han
    +random lvl 50-60 character.
  • Options
    QGJ lead
    Lumi
    JC
    FOTP
    Leia
  • Options
    I use an understarred team
    6 star dooku lead
    6 star gs
    5 star qgj
    4 star rey
    4 star rg
  • Options
    7*Lumi (L), 7* Phasma, 7* Daka, 7* Savage, and 6* Rey.

I rarely have to retreat and can do the whole GW with this squad.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I use Sid, Lumi, JC, Phasma, QGJ, IG-86, Ventress and Daka in different team combinations during GW. But I like to do the very last node with a complete different team. Today for example it was a mid tier full Jedi team consisting of 5* Anakin (L), 7* Lumi, 6* JC, 5* Ahsoka and a 5* little green guy:

iG6In1P.jpg

m4h6mXM.jpg

Darth Dodgeious was a little bit annoying with 12 dodges or so, but finally my Yoda kicked his wrinkly butt:

jfetlZu.jpg

JS3YnwC.jpg

PS: No cannon fodder, no retreats, I think those Jedi did pretty well there.
  • Options
    Lol, exact same team as mine. Sometimes I go 1-12 without retreat and all alive at the end. Very strong team.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I put together a tank squad today and had lots of fun

Bariss, Phasma, RG, Daka, and old Ben.... Matches went reeeeal slooow
  • Options
    Whatever I got left.

Tho I usually like to have ventress and initiate (my two 7*). Come to the think of it, I think they're my only two that never die in GW (unless I wipe).

Today I finished with Ventress, initiate, acolyte, and ewok elder. ^_^ 4-man team. (Well 3 women and a fur ball)

Off topic: do ewoks have females!?
  • Options
    I ran bariss lead, qqj, sid, luminara, rg
    Bariss and rg at 5 stars, and the others at 7
  • Options
    For nodes 1-6 I use the 4 nightsisters (no Daka) with ahsoka. They can finish with full health due to their self-heals.

Then 7-8-9-10-11, I try once, then switch out a member if it doesn't end too well, rinse and repeat until I finish with good health and my heals not on CD. I usually bring out Lumi around here.

GS and QGJ I throw in when I need to dispatch foes fast.

I refuse to lose someone before node 9.
    9-10-11 I waste a suicide squad first.

Whatever I got left I throw at 12.

The following are lvl 60+ in purple gear:
    Ventress
    Initiate
    Acolyte
    Talia
    Lumi
    JC
    QGJ
    GS
    Han
    Asohka
    RG

Then I got the 50-60 not yet purple (3* to 5*):
    Vader
    Ewok elder
    FOST
    Chewy
    Luke

And the rest are too weak to be of any use other than suicide.
  • Options
    The most annoying team I can think of for the day.
  • MirthYaywalker
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    masterring wrote: »
    Lol, exact same team as mine. Sometimes I go 1-12 without retreat and all alive at the end. Very strong team.

Yea similar to my arena setup but I use elder instead of lumi there. It steamrolls most other teams B)
  • Options
    I thought GW teams were based on whatever arena team a person had going at that moment, not GW team. If I am mistaken, could someone please point me to the official information? Thanks!
  • Options
    Main team: QGJ lead, Yoda ,Lumi, Jc, sid
    Bench: Eeth, Poggle, Luke,
    Second team: Ventress FOTP Chewie Vader Daka
  • Options
    QGJ 6* lead
    Yoda 6*
    Lumi 7*
    Mace 7*
    Ashoka 7*

Barely ever lose a toon playing this team
  • Options
    DarthBal wrote: »
    Main team: QGJ lead, Yoda ,Lumi, Jc, sid
    Bench: Eeth, Poggle, Luke,
    Second team: Ventress FOTP Chewie Vader Daka

I think if you switch out Vader for Initiate you'd be very pleased. Stronger, faster, more HP than Vader, and synergizes with ventress lead (chips away enemy Turn Meter, which helps ventress move before the healers)
  • Options
    Main:

Barriss, QGJ, Lumi, Rey, Kylo

B Team: Sid, Dooku, Asajj, JC, Ashoka

C Team: Luke, Vader, RP, Mace, Tarkin