TW now requiring 50 banners to receive rewards?

Replies

  • Narkny wrote: »
    If a guild still sets defences in a few hours knowing about this change to reward requirements, then how is that actually a good thing?

    You shouldn’t “be punished”, but if a guild doesn’t make sure their members all qualify for rewards, you have to question why people would stay in that guild.

    You say "knowing", when this change happened at a time where nobody knew it was coming.
    I say it now - the poster I responded to clearly thinks that it will remain an issue in his guild that not everyone gets to set defence.
  • Narkny wrote: »
    If a guild still sets defences in a few hours knowing about this change to reward requirements, then how is that actually a good thing?

    You shouldn’t “be punished”, but if a guild doesn’t make sure their members all qualify for rewards, you have to question why people would stay in that guild.

    You say "knowing", when this change happened at a time where nobody knew it was coming.
    I say it now - the poster I responded to clearly thinks that it will remain an issue in his guild that not everyone gets to set defence.

    A lot of players, even officers and guild leaders don't even know about the change, as it doesn't affect them. Besides, it's so fresh that they have had no reason to know about it until now, when it's actually affecting people. On another note, some guilds have squad and power requirements for defenses. This change harms mostly lower GP players, indefinetely.
  • Narkny wrote: »
    Narkny wrote: »
    If a guild still sets defences in a few hours knowing about this change to reward requirements, then how is that actually a good thing?

    You shouldn’t “be punished”, but if a guild doesn’t make sure their members all qualify for rewards, you have to question why people would stay in that guild.

    You say "knowing", when this change happened at a time where nobody knew it was coming.
    I say it now - the poster I responded to clearly thinks that it will remain an issue in his guild that not everyone gets to set defence.

    A lot of players, even officers and guild leaders don't even know about the change, as it doesn't affect them. Besides, it's so fresh that they have had no reason to know about it until now, when it's actually affecting people. On another note, some guilds have squad and power requirements for defenses. This change harms mostly lower GP players, indefinetely.
    If you read elsewhere in the thread I am pretty clear on where I stand about the devs not announcing this - even on the forums, let alone in game.

    I know who it affects.

    Regardless, the person I was aiming my post at seemed to be suggesting that their guild would continue to fill defence slots within a few hours and that some members would miss out on rewards in future TWs. My point is that that would be poor guild leadership.
  • Notworking wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Notworking wrote: »
    When did this become a requirement?
    Being a mixed level guild our younger rosters only place 1 team on defence as we want everyone to share the rewards however this time they've had a message saying they didn't qualify for rewards.

    ?????

    Are you implying in a mix level guild all 50 members can't get at least 50 banners?

    No, we have 1M GP players in a 240M GP guild. The younger rosters can't beat GL or relic teams so they place either 1 fleet or 1 squad on defence.

    So they're not really contributing anything, are they? Why should they get a free boost because they joined their family or friends guild?

    We got rid of our worst offender...

    I like the rule just hadn't noticed it that's all...
    This is the Way
  • Artumas wrote: »
    As someone who's in a guild where TW is entirely carried almost every single time by the top 8 people in the guild, myself included: Good.
    It's not because we don't have other people with decent rosters, it's because none of them participate unless we actually have a chance at losing. Toss a single fleet on defense, then they just ignore TW unless we ping them in chat about being behind our opponent. We have like an 80-90% win rate.

    I agree that the... zero communication is an issue, but you're not going to get a response until tomorrow at the earliest most likely - y'all should know by now they aren't in on the weekends.

    But as far as the actual change goes? I'm all for stuff that enforces real participation. I'm sick of looking at the guild list and seeing someone with 5M GP set 1 team and that's it for the entire event, no full clear, defenses are only fully filled 1 1/2 hours before setup ends. I'm tired of looking at the guild list and having to contact the other officers about potentially kicking someone because they haven't so much as joined GAC for the past 4 months, have set the bare minimum in TW and never assign to platoons. ...when they have 6M+ GP.

    I honestly question why half the people I see playing this game are actually playing it. And changing various mechanics so that these people actually, y'know, need to actually participate just seems like a universal improvement to me.

    So you'd kick someone because they haven't joined GAC in 4 months, which is a single player event, doesn't affect the guild in any way other than that person isn't getting GAC rewards. I can understand kicking for not participating in guild events but if a guild is going to kick bc a person doesn't play GAC that's a guild I wouldn't want to be in.
  • MisinformedDNA
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2
    If they want a minimum of 50 banners, then they need to add additional ways to earn them.

    Our guild only had 26 people join. Of those, only 24 participated.

    Even with that low participation, almost all the defensive slots were taken when I got a chance to add mine (I only got one added). When it was time for offense, the other side was too OP to do much (I got 11 banners).

    So even though I would have liked to participated more, there was really nothing else I could do.

    Of the 24 that participated, 5 were in the same boat as me. If this were a full guild, that potentially means that only 19 out of 50 would have received any rewards.

    Furthermore, if this dissuades people from joining, then our guild wouldn't have even met the 25 player minimum to qualify.

    This seems bad for everyone.

  • RoBane1738
    256 posts Member
    edited January 2
    If they want a minimum of 50 banners, then they need to add additional ways to earn them.

    Our guild only had 26 people join. Of those, only 24 participated.

    Even with that low participation, almost all the defensive slots were taken when I got a chance to add mine (I only got one added). When it was time for offense, the other side was too OP to do much (I got 11 banners).

    So even though I would have liked to participated more, there was really nothing else I could do.

    Of the 24 that participated, 5 were in the same boat as me. If this were a full guild, that potentially means that only 19 out of 50 would have received any rewards.

    Furthermore, if this dissuades people from joining, then our guild wouldn't have even met the 25 player minimum to qualify.

    This seems bad for everyone.

    I mean this with the upmost respect

    Get good
  • If they want a minimum of 50 banners, then they need to add additional ways to earn them.

    Our guild only had 26 people join. Of those, only 24 participated.

    Even with that low participation, almost all the defensive slots were taken when I got a chance to add mine (I only got one added). When it was time for offense, the other side was too OP to do much (I got 11 banners).

    So even though I would have liked to participated more, there was really nothing else I could do.

    Of the 24 that participated, 5 were in the same boat as me. If this were a full guild, that potentially means that only 19 out of 50 would have received any rewards.

    Furthermore, if this dissuades people from joining, then our guild wouldn't have even met the 25 player minimum to qualify.

    This seems bad for everyone.
    This sounds like a guild problem.

    Any guild that is allowing 19 members to fill all the defensive slots is poorly led and all your problems would go away with better leadership.
  • almost all the defensive slots were taken when I got a chance to add mine (I only got one added). When it was time for offense, the other side was too OP to do much (I got 11 banners).

    When did you try to place your defenses? In the first 12 hours or at hour 23?
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

    We had several guild members get 50 banners from defensive set up this past TW but not get any rewards.

    I have told then to submit a ticket but wanted to check with anyone here to see if you have to have both defensive and offensive banners. In our guild we have several members who don't have time because of work to be on during the offensive phase so they set all defense. If everyone is required to have both offensive and defensive banners to get rewards this could be a problem.
  • I for some reason remember there needing to be an offensive win in order to get rewards but don't see that mentioned in the details for TW.
  • Joebo720
    384 posts Member
    edited January 4
    Altzair wrote: »
    I for some reason remember there needing to be an offensive win in order to get rewards but don't see that mentioned in the details for TW.

    Previously you weren't required any banners, just needed to attempt an offensive attack if you set nothing on defense. Didn't require a win. If you had any defensive banners you automatically got rewards. Being this change was unannounced who really knows what the requirements are now. They seem to be too busy pimping packs to tell us about the changes.

  • TVF
    31665 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Altzair wrote: »
    I for some reason remember there needing to be an offensive win in order to get rewards but don't see that mentioned in the details for TW.

    Previously you weren't required any banners, just needed to attempt an offensive attack if you set nothing on defense. Didn't require a win. If you had any defensive banners you automatically got rewards. Being this change was unannounced who really knows what the requirements are now. They seem to be too busy pimping packs to tell us about the changes.

    IIRC it says in game what the requirements are.

    (Not excusing the fact that this wasn't announced here, it should have been)
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    IIRC it says in game what the requirements are.

    (Not excusing the fact that this wasn't announced here, it should have been)

    You are correct, they did add some small font to the the rewards screen. And personally i have no issue with the change, think it is a good one. Issue is with the way it was handled, or lack there of i suppose.

  • TVF wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Altzair wrote: »
    I for some reason remember there needing to be an offensive win in order to get rewards but don't see that mentioned in the details for TW.

    Previously you weren't required any banners, just needed to attempt an offensive attack if you set nothing on defense. Didn't require a win. If you had any defensive banners you automatically got rewards. Being this change was unannounced who really knows what the requirements are now. They seem to be too busy pimping packs to tell us about the changes.

    IIRC it says in game what the requirements are.

    (Not excusing the fact that this wasn't announced here, it should have been)

    In the game the rewards screen says 50 banners. My question is do you have to have both offensive and defensive banners to get this? Because we have a number of guild members who, because of real life, don't have time to attack on offense so they set all defense. Some of them did not get any rewards last war and most did. So either something is broken since they made the change (shocking I know) or they haven't fully explained where the 50 banners have to come from.

    From the standpoint of someone who has to organize TWs this can change an entire defensive setup and add a lot of stress not only on organizers but players as well. Setting a minimum of 50 banners for all my members is easy. Organizing it in a way that everyone has the ability to get offensive banners...not so much. Especially when we get a match-up like two wars ago when our opponent had triple our GLs and put two complete GL walls up front.
  • Strange game, the only winning move is not to play. Lol
  • TVF
    31665 posts Member
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Altzair wrote: »
    I for some reason remember there needing to be an offensive win in order to get rewards but don't see that mentioned in the details for TW.

    Previously you weren't required any banners, just needed to attempt an offensive attack if you set nothing on defense. Didn't require a win. If you had any defensive banners you automatically got rewards. Being this change was unannounced who really knows what the requirements are now. They seem to be too busy pimping packs to tell us about the changes.

    IIRC it says in game what the requirements are.

    (Not excusing the fact that this wasn't announced here, it should have been)

    In the game the rewards screen says 50 banners. My question is do you have to have both offensive and defensive banners to get this? Because we have a number of guild members who, because of real life, don't have time to attack on offense so they set all defense. Some of them did not get any rewards last war and most did. So either something is broken since they made the change (shocking I know) or they haven't fully explained where the 50 banners have to come from.

    From the standpoint of someone who has to organize TWs this can change an entire defensive setup and add a lot of stress not only on organizers but players as well. Setting a minimum of 50 banners for all my members is easy. Organizing it in a way that everyone has the ability to get offensive banners...not so much. Especially when we get a match-up like two wars ago when our opponent had triple our GLs and put two complete GL walls up front.

    It's 50 banners. Doesn't matter how.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is garbage. Today was the first I’ve heard of this. I’m the guild leader. Stop robbing us of rewards and sneaking by with “announcements” of changes.
  • All someone has to do is set 3 defenses and they get rewards. And yes it's been like this for a few tws now.
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    All someone has to do is set 3 defenses and they get rewards. And yes it's been like this for a few tws now.
    2 defences. You get 30 for character, 34 for ship.
  • Engage
    138 posts Member
    I received nothing as well for the first time since I ever started playing this game. I participate and get points every single time. This time was different and I couldn't attack their mostly GL front line. What a waste of time and energy. This game is a scam meant to punish anyone without a GL.
  • Engage wrote: »
    I received nothing as well for the first time since I ever started playing this game. I participate and get points every single time. This time was different and I couldn't attack their mostly GL front line. What a waste of time and energy. This game is a scam meant to punish anyone without a GL.

    How is it a scam when all you need to do is set two squads on defense?
  • Engage wrote: »
    I received nothing as well for the first time since I ever started playing this game. I participate and get points every single time. This time was different and I couldn't attack their mostly GL front line. What a waste of time and energy. This game is a scam meant to punish anyone without a GL.

    It's not a scam and is easily solved by guild leaders / officers coordinating defence setting. You don't need a GL to set 2 defence squads.
  • The requirement to score “a” banner in TW for rewards has been in the game for years.
    So no one that wasn’t contributing at all received anything in the past either.
    It was IMO sufficient that way, oh well.

    Lack of communication is really the biggest problem here. And the amount of game play time this mobile game now requires, is going way over the top.

    Now I’m off to my 8m-10m GAC matchup.
    Nothing like being matched to someone in the top 100 gp in the world.
  • Metroplex79
    807 posts Member
    edited January 7
    el_mago wrote: »
    Oh no, freeloaders can’t mooch off their guild mates anymore. Anyway.

    Who hurt you?
    I hate it when people ask that as a shaming tactic. Do people actual expect a full answer?

    Honestly, I'm sure that list would be long for everyone...from school group projects where 1 didn't do anything, but got the same grade as everyone else; to also similar situations at work; to TB where if you did 500K pts you get the same crystals and gear as people who did 25M+ pts, especially hurts when the non-contributor cost the whole guild star(s) because they didn't show up for a couple of days to Deploy.

    Show up and do your part to help your Guild win is part of the game. The 50 Banners requirement is not difficult unless one are too underpowered for the guild they are in, or said person(s) didn't show up.

    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

    Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • I see today's update post from CG also did not bring this change up.
  • el_mago wrote: »
    Oh no, freeloaders can’t mooch off their guild mates anymore. Anyway.

    Who hurt you?
    I hate it when people ask that as a shaming tactic. Do people actual expect a full answer?

    Honestly, I'm sure that list would be long for everyone...from school group projects where 1 didn't do anything, but got the same grade as everyone else; to also similar situations at work; to TB where if you did 500K pts you get the same crystals and gear as people who did 25M+ pts, especially hurts when the non-contributor cost the whole guild star(s) because they didn't show up for a couple of days to Deploy.

    Show up and do your part to help your Guild win is part of the game. The 50 Banners requirement is not difficult unless one are too underpowered for the guild they are in, or said person(s) didn't show up.

    Sounds like the guild should give them the boot then.
    Free at last
  • Engage wrote: »
    I received nothing as well for the first time since I ever started playing this game. I participate and get points every single time. This time was different and I couldn't attack their mostly GL front line. What a waste of time and energy. This game is a scam meant to punish anyone without a GL.

    It's not a scam and is easily solved by guild leaders / officers coordinating defence setting. You don't need a GL to set 2 defence squads.

    You need a GL to beat another GL. If you have not set any defenses you will lose any attempts at attacking and will receive no points in return. It is a scam because nobody was notified in game announcements (long wordy patch notes don't count) or by email about this change. Players are being robbed of their time and effort. Guilds like mine are being forced to play against guilds outside of our rank. We have 0 GL characters, when the other guilds have 5+ in the low 100M GP bracket, do you honestly think that's a fair matchup?
    I run my guild and I keep track of participation every event. I have coordinated to keep the back line open for those who need to place 2 teams for points. Now I have to keep track of those who don't listen and kick them. We have the map filled in under 4 hours. Some people are at work or unable to log in on time to place even a single team.
Sign In or Register to comment.