New kyber 1 threshold

Prev1
Drathuk916
639 posts Member
edited January 2022
Not sure how I feel about the squishing. New kyber 1 threshold is 3610. So I need to go 2-1 in the first week not to be demoted. If I go 1-2 I’ll be 8-7 overall. It’s also possible I get demoted going 2-1 though that should increase my rating enough to stay in kyber 1. I was at 3608 before squishing iirc I am now 3578. This is a jump of 70 points to the threshold.

Replies

• Options
    What was K1 threshold before? Imo, they started with too many in K1. So I might be okay with them raising the bar a bit.
  • Drathuk916
    639 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Was 3540 now 3610. Without official numbers it’s hard to say if they started with too many. I suspect they did compared to their stated goal of only 10% in division 1 of each league. I did suspect an increase in the threshold given the 10/25 percentages in division 1 and 2. That said I don’t think 6-6 accounts should need to go 3-0 in the first week, as it appears they will, in order to not be demoted.

Edit: recalled my rating incorrectly I was at 3638 so dropped 60 points while they increased the threshold by 70.
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    From 100 points above treshold I went to -20 and I'm close to getting demoted, thanks CG.
  • Options
    It is total bull. They said it wouldn't affect us being demoted from divisions but of course it will
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Was 3540 now 3610. Without official numbers it’s hard to say if they started with too many. I suspect they did compared to their stated goal of only 10% in division 1 of each league. I did suspect an increase in the threshold given the 10/25 percentages in division 1 and 2. That said I don’t think 6-6 accounts should need to go 3-0 in the first week, as it appears they will, in order to not be demoted.

Edit: recalled my rating incorrectly I was at 3638 so dropped 60 points while they increased the threshold by 70.

i went 6-6 in kyber 1, if i go 0-3 and lose 31-34 skill points for every loss, i still stay in kyber 1.
  • Options
    I was 2-1 away from k1 and still am after the changes.
  • Options
    bap1234 wrote: »

i went 6-6 in kyber 1, if i go 0-3 and lose 31-34 skill points for every loss, i still stay in kyber 1.

I’m assuming you are above 7.7 million gp and therefore started with a 3810 rating. Yes that didn’t apply to you but to those that started with the 3569 rating at the beginning of season one.
  • Options
    if they raise the skill rating you lose to 40+ points for every loss, the one that goes 0-3 in my first group will get demoted.
  • Options
    last GAC if u started in kyber 1 with 3810 skill rating, i think u only needed 3 wins to stay in kyber 1, that's not good.
  • Options
    Last season, as someone who started at 3569, battles ranged from +- high 30s to +- 42. So while I think the 0-3 in your range will stay in kyber it’ll be close.
  • Options
    i'm 3728, 118 to to get demoted to kyber 2, if it's -40 points a loss, demotion. imo it's positive because the 0-3 guys are always outmatched like crazy.
  • Options
    I certainly understand that point of view and don’t really disagree with it. That said, we will see stranger matchups than we did last season. As players with bad records but high gp rosters (whether by lack of engagement, bad roster decisions, or bad luck) start to meet players with lower gp who had good w/l records for the opposite reasons.
  • Options
    Is there a listing somewhere that shows what the skill score range/cutoff is for each division/league? I didn't see it in the November SotG, but there were so many charts there, i may have overlooked it.
  • Options
    I certainly understand that point of view and don’t really disagree with it. That said, we will see stranger matchups than we did last season. As players with bad records but high gp rosters (whether by lack of engagement, bad roster decisions, or bad luck) start to meet players with lower gp who had good w/l records for the opposite reasons.
    currently in TW, a high gp guild with a bad record get match up with guild winning but with a 50 mill less gp , so it's same.
  • Options
    Went from 12 points away from Kyber 1, to 126... 1 Win away for increased rewards to now 4...
    Why do you need to squish skill ratings after the first GA...
    Thanks
  • Options
    From the announcement: "In general, this will not have any impact on your Grand Arena experience. This will not change what Division or League are in." Ummmm, I went from having comfortable margin above the K1 cut-off to now under the K1 cut-off.
  • Options
    I wonder if there will be a week when CG doesn't actually lie.
  • Options
    as usual...
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I was 2-1 away from k1 and still am after the changes.

I miscalculated, i’m 124 away from k1 now (about 5-1). It was about 20 pts before (2-1), as i was just demoted last round.
  • Options
    cg wants to have less player in kyber, they are giving out too many crystals.
    same as conquest. make it look nice and alter the deal after a while
  • BBresal
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It will not impact your ability to reach the next Division (IE if you could win your next round and move up to the division you will still do so)

So, I guess this was utterly false. By squishing the skill rating and increasing the threshold to kyber 1, those people missing 1 win (2win-1lose) to get to that division now need about 5 wins. And many people already in K1 with a margin of around 80 points are now below the threshold, needing a 3-0 to remain in kyber 1. Not really surprising but, again, dissapointing for the player base.

• Options
    What was K1 threshold before? Imo, they started with too many in K1. So I might be okay with them raising the bar a bit.

What were you basing that opinion on?
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

What were you basing that opinion on?

Just personal opinion. CG said they wanted a 10-25-30-25-10 (or something along those lines) distribution of the divisions within each league. I thought that seemed reasonable. Someone made a bar chart at the start of last season showing the distribution in Kyber, and it looked like K1 had much more than that.

I do have issue with what others have pointed out--that what happened with the squish and division cutoffs doesn't perfectly match with CG's announcement.
  • Options
    "We didn't really think it through. Live with it."
    -CG
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    Blows my mind 7 wins in last K1 and I’m know under new threshold to stay in K1…
  • Options
    There are plenty of legitimate complaints to make about game design choices, but I’m not convinced this is one of them. The matchmaking system will inevitably require tweaks to the skill point cutoffs to different leagues and divisions. Every player in K1 has the opportunity to compete to stay there. Isn’t competition to stay in the top league expected and kind of the point?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

-
  • Options
    Skill rating: 3572. Prior to squish - Kyber 1 with about 50-100? points to spare. Post squish - 40 points under.

So if I go 50/50 I will be demoted. Therefore CG lied.
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    There are plenty of legitimate complaints to make about game design choices, but I’m not convinced this is one of them. The matchmaking system will inevitably require tweaks to the skill point cutoffs to different leagues and divisions. Every player in K1 has the opportunity to compete to stay there. Isn’t competition to stay in the top league expected and kind of the point?

I get your point and I’m kinda with you just think the tweak was a tad high. Their design choice is driving us all into a range of a 50/50 win/loss but all players 8-7 over their first 15 matches in kyber 1 that started at 3569 will be demoted. It’s possible this is just to correct a mistake of season one starting with too many players in k1. I’m doubtful of that.

This is definitely more of an expectation issue than a real issue. The difference in crystal income between k1 and k2, while not insignificant is not significant enough to hurt the average players progression. I think the real issue is once again the lack of clear, non misleading communication. I think it’s reasonable to expect what they say to line up with reality and enough information being given to the players that we can collectively make educated guesses on what will happen. Far to often we cannot.
  • Options
    I’m now under the threshold for K1 but still showing as in K1…how’s that work? When do I get booted, after the first battle?

I lost 49 points in the squish and now need 97 to stay in K1. My last 3 battles of the last round had shifts of 33, 32 and 31 points. How is it possible for me to maintain the same division I was in before even going 3-0? Unless point values will start higher at the beginning of this round?
    In general, this will not have any impact on your Grand Arena experience. This will not change what Division or League are in. It will not impact your ability to reach the next Division (IE if you could win your next round and move up to the division you will still do so). It will not affect your daily rewards payouts.

Sure looks like this is not true in my specific case. Any insight @CG_SBCrumb_MINI ?