GAC is hurting my growth

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    I dont mind them moving the crystals out of Arena to GAC; to me that is fine. I do not like the new ladder system at all. I do not like getting matched up with unwinnable matches. I'm a decent GAC player (not amazing but good). I had worked my roster out where I had off meta counters for GL's and could participate at a very high level, never missed Kyber. Now I'm getting trounced.

Individuals who bought the new chars and omi's that go with them have a huge advantage; and before you say "they bought GL's before etc, and that power creep needs to happen" I understand that; but not all at once. When GL's came out it was 2 at a time; when Zeta's came out, you could not buy them. Now we have omi's which transform old teams, and you can buy them, lots of them.

Now you are saying "you could still get matched up with people who had them under the old system!" Sure! I could; but most likely they'd have other holes in their roster I could exploit. There are some matches lately that no amount of scouting, strategy or kitten sacrifices to RNJesus was going to help.

"This ladder system is used in tons of other games" Great, wonderful for them, not a fan, dont like it, I liked the more even matchups that we had before. Were they perfect? Hell no, but now they dont even try to be.

When you say omis can be bought, what do you mean exactly?

Means you can buy them in packs.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I dont mind them moving the crystals out of Arena to GAC; to me that is fine. I do not like the new ladder system at all. I do not like getting matched up with unwinnable matches. I'm a decent GAC player (not amazing but good). I had worked my roster out where I had off meta counters for GL's and could participate at a very high level, never missed Kyber. Now I'm getting trounced.

Individuals who bought the new chars and omi's that go with them have a huge advantage; and before you say "they bought GL's before etc, and that power creep needs to happen" I understand that; but not all at once. When GL's came out it was 2 at a time; when Zeta's came out, you could not buy them. Now we have omi's which transform old teams, and you can buy them, lots of them.

Now you are saying "you could still get matched up with people who had them under the old system!" Sure! I could; but most likely they'd have other holes in their roster I could exploit. There are some matches lately that no amount of scouting, strategy or kitten sacrifices to RNJesus was going to help.

"This ladder system is used in tons of other games" Great, wonderful for them, not a fan, dont like it, I liked the more even matchups that we had before. Were they perfect? Hell no, but now they dont even try to be.

When you say omis can be bought, what do you mean exactly?

Pretty sure exactly what he said: you can buy omis. It's a pretty straightforward statement, really.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    There are 30 Omi packs you can buy for $99, also all the new Marquee chars if you buy them to 5* also have a special tier that rewards omi's.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I hear you, I hate GA. Figure it is CG telling me they dont want my money anymore. I cut them off and now I just sit back and relax. Makes me not care so much about this game. Once you do that you will be better off.

This is exactly me.

The QGJ omicron joke just exacerbates the lack of care
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    I hear you, I hate GA. Figure it is CG telling me they dont want my money anymore. I cut them off and now I just sit back and relax. Makes me not care so much about this game. Once you do that you will be better off.

Honest question: What were you spending on if you didnt like to compete in PVP?
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »

Honest question: What were you spending on if you didnt like to compete in PVP?

GLs and arena & fleet metas. Buying packs for relic materials.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    ... I liked the more even matchups that we had before. Were they perfect? Hell no, but now they dont even try to be.

"More even matches", where I used to go 12-0 or 11-1, haha. They are more even if you're losing as many as you win. Yeah, it stinks. Losing is the worst. But, people with better rosters have the same skill rating as you do for a reason. Figure out what that reason is and exploit it.

Unsolicited advice - the game has changed. However many weeks we are into this change and you're only at the Anger stage of grieving. Find your peace with it and accept it for what it is.
  • Options
    gac is my favorite mode tbh. it involves some strategy which i love. my account is just under a year old (restarted cuz my old account was trash) and im in bronze 3 now (started at carb 4), im always the lowest gp in bracket in bronze but i have skill and mods so i do well at 1.7mil gp. i love the rewards from gac way more than the **** squad arena ones where i couldnt crack the top 175
    its def not great when i face a 4mil gp opponent who can win with blunt force, nothings perfect but i do like the new setup more than the old