Sick and tired of gac

Replies

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    It’s a simple tournament structure.
    If a football team gets promoted from championship to premiership then they cannot complain at playing teams of a higher caliber. And have to continue to work hard so they do not get relegated.

A better analogy would be a National League team being told that all of their games will be against Premiere League teams but that even though they'll get crushed they shouldn't worry because half the time their opponent won't bother to show up and they'll win by default. Sure, they'll end the season at .500 but none of it is going to be fun or interesting.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    For anyone still not on the same page here it is. Don't waste your time with anything else until you have all the GLs. It is boring but that is how they developed the game. Stop fighting it and farm GLs. The longer you resist the farther behind you will get. They are definitely going to release more so you better get on board right now.

just wait for the new ones. GAC actually no longer demands copious amounts of GLs and zero impetus to get more of them since the goal is 50% win rate. so no real rush. more GLs isn't going to give you better matches.

Having all the GLs will make every match possible to win. If someone has 2 or more GLS than you and loses it ain't because you are good.

"Skill based matchmaking" doesn't exist until there is a baseline, and that baseline is the GLs. Until that point GAC is not a serious game mode.
  • Options
    For anyone still not on the same page here it is. Don't waste your time with anything else until you have all the GLs. It is boring but that is how they developed the game. Stop fighting it and farm GLs. The longer you resist the farther behind you will get. They are definitely going to release more so you better get on board right now.

just wait for the new ones. GAC actually no longer demands copious amounts of GLs and zero impetus to get more of them since the goal is 50% win rate. so no real rush. more GLs isn't going to give you better matches.

Having all the GLs will make every match possible to win. If someone has 2 or more GLS than you and loses it ain't because you are good.

"Skill based matchmaking" doesn't exist until there is a baseline, and that baseline is the GLs. Until that point GAC is not a serious game mode.

I'm calling ****.

I went 11-1 the first round of new gac, I have 6gls. My only loss against a guy with 5gls but better mods.

Week so far I am 6-3 in this brackets, 1 of my losses is vs another 5gl opponent who won that whole bracket vs all 6gl and some 6gl and sk. I believe I placed 5gls on d as well, so I didn't go easy. He just outplayed me (it was fleets tbh but he was more efficient on ground)

I'm 7.8 mil and ranked 362 in kyber 1 (although lost hard tonight so will probably drop into the 500s). I'm happy that every battle I have now is a slog and challenge, and change up everything for each battle now. I'm going to feel lucky if I go 2-1 in this bracket. I'd much rather these matches than when I ran off 36 straight wins because my mm gp was very lean and so I got crazy mismatches
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    Wait... people don't like GAC?
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

They dont like losing.
  • Options
    To be fair, OP is right about the principle being more than problematic: you perform good, so you are punished. This is the principle, and it is something that you would expect from a mentally challenged turtle to come up with. Then again, you take a look at how things are getting coded lately and you might start seeing some connections.

On the other hand one of the first answers covered the topic completely: you need to spend to maintain your momentum. That's it.

After a while you will hover around 6/6 each season, and your deviation from that will be a function of your personal skill, your rng, and your money spent on boosting your roster.

That's it, you dont have to like it, I think you are right to despise it, I agree it is absolutely demoralizing when you hit your cap, and your close to 100% winrate transposes to 35-65% just in a few iteration, but it will not change.
  • Options
    Whats the issue? Its how the league system works.

Just like a newly promoted team against Real Madrid or Barcelona.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

They dont like losing.

They dont like swgoh
    hello
  • Options

Sure, if you’re already in Kyber. I’m not complaining about 2GLs vs 3GLs, or 9M GP vs 7.5. I am at 900k. I have 3 zetas and I’m a casual player. My last 2 ops had 10-20 relic 5 toons. That’s not newly promoted vs Barcelona, that’s kindergartners vs high school kids. The lowest leagues need much tighter matching. Also they need to punish ppl who sign up and don’t play. I beat one of those relic teams 10-0 which means my next op is harder and theirs is easier.
  • Options
    GAC has to be the absolute worst part of this game. Every time I've tried it I get trounced, it's not even close. It's frustrating. I've been playing this game almost since day one so my roster is pretty deep. I can't ever post up enough squads to put up a decent defense with anything left for offense. I hope GAC dies a horrible, horrible death and gets replaced with something that is like actually you know fun.
  • Options
    They do punish people that join and don’t play. In the new GAC system, no one gets banners for setting defensive teams. And CG now requires at least one offensive battle to get rewards.
  • Options
    Kathark wrote: »

Sure, if you’re already in Kyber. I’m not complaining about 2GLs vs 3GLs, or 9M GP vs 7.5. I am at 900k. I have 3 zetas and I’m a casual player. My last 2 ops had 10-20 relic 5 toons. That’s not newly promoted vs Barcelona, that’s kindergartners vs high school kids. The lowest leagues need much tighter matching. Also they need to punish ppl who sign up and don’t play. I beat one of those relic teams 10-0 which means my next op is harder and theirs is easier.

I'm one of the staunchest defenders of the GAC changes, but it does sound like the experience for early- and mid-game players could be improved. The crux of the matter seems to be low-engagement players sandbagging until they can beat up on much smaller accounts. Perhaps CG should make league rewards difference more pronounced to discourage such behavior?
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2353 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    For early game players, squad arena still provides crystals to offset limited GAC capabilities based off the size of your roster.
  • Options
    It was a desperate move to transition crystal income to GAC. They've attempted to force everyone into taking GAC seriously in the hopes it translates into income. That's the only reason they did this. They want competitive people frustrated and spending. For a large portion of the player base that just isn't going to fly. In general in any game with both PvP and PvE modes , you have a split of players who prefer one mode over the other. Players shouldn't be forced into GAC for any meaningful progression or at the least shouldn't be punished so heavily for a loss. This game should be both fun and competitive. It's not binary.

To me, it all just reeks of desperation and it's not a good sign for the future of the game. I don't mind crystals being tied to GAC, but I think players should also have other avenues for crystals: individual events, guild events or both. It's not healthy for the game tying so much up in GAC or, as I mentioned, punishing a player so heavily for a loss. Many just don't like the mode at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Note that from CG's point of view, this is the perfect game mode. They dangle the biggest carrot they can, and we provide the stick ourselves. There is no way to "solve" it, if you get better (either through development or tactics), you just get harder opponents. The only way out is to reach the absolute tip of the spear, and we all know what is needed for that. So they created a self-sustaining system that keeps us under pressure and requires very little input from them. They can basically sit back, release a few new characters once in a while and enjoy the cash flow. So basically what they have been doing lately...
  • Options
    I'm so tired of getting punished for being good at gac. I'm punching way above my gp constantly.

How is there no metric to better place us within the skill rating? I'm constantly going against people with 2 more gls and the executor. Put a little thought into your game cg. You've made the last thing in this game I enjoyed worthless. I'm regularly beaten before anything happens, before I even set a defense the match is over.

How hard is it really? After grouping with all rating further match players by gls, by gear 13s, by 6 dot mods, by average speed of mods. It's really not that difficult

Just wait for all the players from Aurodium 1 and 2 that will get promoted after this season. Almost every one of my opponents in A1 have had either 2-3 GL's . Even if you fall out of Kyber 3 this season you are still gonna meet players that have 2-3 GL's on you due to the fact that MM needs a lot more time to properly adjust the new SR.

Enjoy Kyber 3 while it lasts, because you are seeded much higher then IMO you should be, you are gonna be meeting rosters all through K3 and K4 that have 2-3 GL's on you due to a mass majority of them coming up from the lower leagues.
  • Options
    They do punish people that join and don’t play. In the new GAC system, no one gets banners for setting defensive teams. And CG now requires at least one offensive battle to get rewards.

I like that, but they do get “rewarded” by getting pushed down in the ratings. So when they do decide to play they will crush for a while. But this is a result of the poor matchup system that encourages de-rating yourself. I guess it does accomplish the 50/50 goal (lose on purpose 100% for 50% of the time, then likely win 100% for the other half, or next season). Just a bummer all around and no fun for anyone.
  • Options
    There will always be people that try to take advantage of loopholes. Squad arena chats were a way for people to guarantee maximum crystals everyday.

It’s a better system now, regardless of people losing on purpose.
  • Options
    banzairx7 wrote: »
    I hope GAC dies a horrible, horrible death and gets replaced with something that is like actually you know fun.

Your first mistake was assuming CG is trying to make you have fun instead of milking as much money from you as possible.
  • Options
    banzairx7 wrote: »
    GAC has to be the absolute worst part of this game. Every time I've tried it I get trounced, it's not even close. It's frustrating. I've been playing this game almost since day one so my roster is pretty deep. I can't ever post up enough squads to put up a decent defense with anything left for offense. I hope GAC dies a horrible, horrible death and gets replaced with something that is like actually you know fun.
    6M GP with no GLs and can’t beat normal conquest is just about the opposite of a deep roster, buddy.
  • Options

I'm one of the staunchest defenders of the GAC changes, but it does sound like the experience for early- and mid-game players could be improved. The crux of the matter seems to be low-engagement players sandbagging until they can beat up on much smaller accounts. Perhaps CG should make league rewards difference more pronounced to discourage such behavior?

The easiest way is to make a “forfeit” category. If you lose by forfeit more than once or twice in a season (could happen by accident/forgetfulness) then have some severe penalty. Banned from following season, no change in rating, etc. sandbaggers who are trying to depress their standing will dry up if it becomes too expensive or impossible.
  • Options
    I don’t know if others are experiencing this but I’m facing more and more players putting 1-2 GL in defence. Keeping 4-5 for offence seems to be a growing strategy.
  • Options
    GAC is like Squad Arena except that you can’t cheat to get a higher rating.

You have a team and you use that team until you reach players who you can’t beat. As you improve that team, or work on a new one, you rise or sink based on the quality of that team. Add a newer, better, character and you win more until you reach a higher equilibrium.

If you really won 15 in a row, then congratulations on reaching a higher resting point where you’re going to get better rewards and be matched up against people that are doing as well as you.

But if you just want to win every time then get in line, buddy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

You have a team and you use that team until you reach players who you can’t beat. As you improve that team, or work on a new one, you rise or sink based on the quality of that team. Add a newer, better, character and you win more until you reach a higher equilibrium.

If you really won 15 in a row, then congratulations on reaching a higher resting point where you’re going to get better rewards and be matched up against people that are doing as well as you.

Lol. Sure, keep telling yourself that there are no cheaters in GAC. In arena, at least the shard chats could cooperate to keep them down...
  • Options
    Shard chats more often than not locked the top 20 or more spots. Essentially, if you were in it you pretty much guaranteed maximum rewards with little effort. If you weren’t, you’d swiftly be shoved out.

There are always cheaters in games, that’s inevitable. Cheaters in GAC cannot hide, since swgoh.gg is able to pull GAC results.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

It’s clearly supposed to work that way, however, In the low tiers it’s not a question of reaching your level. My opponents are so far above my level it’s not fun. Last season I had some good matches, but now I have no hope of winning at all, let alone 50%. It’s not “why don’t I win every match””. It’s why am I matched against folks who are 2x my power. If I have to “find my level” in carbonite 4 by playing unwinnable matches that’s just sad. I refuse to believe there aren’t other players with similar rosters to mine that I should be matched to.
  • Options
    Update: no one cares about my lowly carbonite 4 bracket but it illustrates the larger issues. I won my first 2 matches against opponents with 2x my GP and much much better rosters, but they didn’t play. My last matchup is actually with someone at about my level, and with some luck I will win that too. As a result I will be pitted against even more out of my league brackets. Until the sandbaggers get culled this mode is going to be a sad sad state for early game players. I suggest a “forfeit” penalty beyond the current “must play O to get rewards” and “must set D to get banners”. If you enter the round and don’t play, you get booted from the season (or something like that). Grumble grumble, now back to my little 3 zeta f2p world. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    It was a desperate move to transition crystal income to GAC. They've attempted to force everyone into taking GAC seriously in the hopes it translates into income. That's the only reason they did this. They want competitive people frustrated and spending. For a large portion of the player base that just isn't going to fly. In general in any game with both PvP and PvE modes , you have a split of players who prefer one mode over the other. Players shouldn't be forced into GAC for any meaningful progression or at the least shouldn't be punished so heavily for a loss. This game should be both fun and competitive. It's not binary.

To me, it all just reeks of desperation and it's not a good sign for the future of the game. I don't mind crystals being tied to GAC, but I think players should also have other avenues for crystals: individual events, guild events or both. It's not healthy for the game tying so much up in GAC or, as I mentioned, punishing a player so heavily for a loss. Many just don't like the mode at all.

1. It seems people have predicting the demise of this game from about week 1, so I'd not be looking for the servers to shutdown any time soon.

2. "It was a desperate move to transition crystal income to GAC. They've attempted to force everyone into taking GAC seriously in the hopes it translates into income." riiiight, cause the first $1.5 Billion just wasn't quite enough to keep the lights on. Even so, isn't that the point of a for-profit company? to make money? and we just keep on giving it to them.
  • Options
    Update: no one cares about my lowly carbonite 4 bracket but it illustrates the larger issues. I won my first 2 matches against opponents with 2x my GP and much much better rosters, but they didn’t play. My last matchup is actually with someone at about my level, and with some luck I will win that too. As a result I will be pitted against even more out of my league brackets. Until the sandbaggers get culled this mode is going to be a sad sad state for early game players. I suggest a “forfeit” penalty beyond the current “must play O to get rewards” and “must set D to get banners”. If you enter the round and don’t play, you get booted from the season (or something like that). Grumble grumble, now back to my little 3 zeta f2p world. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

So, in other words, you went at least 2-1?
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »

2. "It was a desperate move to transition crystal income to GAC. They've attempted to force everyone into taking GAC seriously in the hopes it translates into income." riiiight, cause the first $1.5 Billion just wasn't quite enough to keep the lights on. Even so, isn't that the point of a for-profit company? to make money? and we just keep on giving it to them.

Ironically I’m spending less and would venture to say a lot of other long-term players like me are, too. Not because I’m unhappy, but because I’m getting crystals hand over fist now compared to old Squad Arena.