Road Ahead: March 2022 [MEGA]

Prev1345
Ultra
11553 posts Moderator
DEV POST

Hi Holotable Heroes,

Welcome to the March 2022 Road Ahead for Galaxy of Heroes! We have a packed schedule for today starting with details on the next Title Update which contains a number of big quality of life changes for Grand Arena Championships. We’ve got the details on the Razor Crests final farm location, a very special rework, a new legendary character and more! Check out the video above or read on below! So let’s get this party started….

TITLE UPDATE - GRAND ARENA QUALITY OF LIFE
We have a huge Title Update for Grand Arena Championships at the end of this month. We looked at some of the most common complaints players had about the Grand Arenas experience and hope to address many of those concerns in this Title Update.

The first major change focuses on deploying Defenses with the new Edit Defenses Tool on the Grand Arena Championship screen.
5c1jocgfk3ql.png

Players will be able to set their Defenses at any time before the Setup Phase finishes. You can even set them before a Grand Arena begins! The squads you set in the Defense Tool are stored between events as well so you only have to set your Defenses once and then update them as you get new units and upgrade your characters. The tool will also update the number of zones you can set as you move between different Divisions and Leagues.
ysb7ldd1q2yu.png

As part of this new feature, one seemingly small but quite exciting change pertaining to GAC sign ups and roster lock. After these changes, players will be able to sign up any time during the Sign Up Phase, but players can re-lock their roster at any time during the Sign Up Phase to update your GAC squads with the latest upgrades and mods. No more waiting until the last minute to sign up and lock your best roster!
ijc4oodjgvyl.png

There are a few other important changes with this Title Update that aren’t directly related to Grand Arena Championships but will be helpful in a variety of modes.

Just like the recent update to show enemy Squads on the squad setup screen, Fleet battles will now show a preview of the fleet you are facing. And just like the enemy squad preview, this will be visible in all pvp modes with fleet setup screens.

There is one more quality of life item to mention; players can now see which characters have an Omicron indicated by a new badge on character portraits. Just like Zetas, you can now see this on many screens in the game.
bl60nfp9y4kx.png
ctx7maik3pap.png

All of these changes will go into effect after the next Title Update and will be available for the 4th Season of the new Grand Arena Championships. Who’s heading to the top of Kyber 1 this season?!?

Razor Crest Blueprints
Many of you have been wondering where Razor Crest will land now that it has been out for about a year.

Razor Crest blueprints are leaving Conquest Merchants to make way for upcoming units. While this ship will no longer be available in the Conquest store for Crystals, you can pick up Razor Crest blueprints in Shipments for Crystals or for Fleet Arena tokens in the Fleet Arena Store. Razor Crest blueprints will continue to be available for Conquest Currency in Conquest shipments. Conquest Character shards will not be accelerated when these units move to their final farm locations.

While we are maintaining many ways to unlock Razor Crest, we are exploring a few other options in the future as more Conquest characters come up on their one-year release anniversary.

Jawa Scavenger Update
Shifting gears, the Salvager will be experiencing some big changes! After the next title update, if you head over to the friendly but accident prone Jawa in the corner of the Cantina, you’ll find he’s now offering to craft gear for you. No more holding on to one character at G7 to craft specific gear to break down for Relics! It’s also handy to look at recipes and prepare for your next character unlock.

UNIT UPDATE - MACE WINDU
This party isn’t over Mace! It’s just getting started! By far the most requested rework in Galaxy of Heroes’ six-plus year history, we’re excited to (finally) officially announce a rework of Mace Windu! Mace has also received a Territory War Omicron ability in addition to some substantial kit changes.
pza2cej0o4j0.gif

Each of Mace Windu’s abilities have been upgraded, and he now has a new additional Special and Unique ability. We introduced the idea of the Shatterpoint debuff for Mace quite a while ago with the short-lived Territory War bonuses and now it will be the centerpiece of Mace’s new kit. Enabling everything from Turn Meter swapping to Stuns to Health and Protection recovery, Shatterpoint will be a critical part of Mace’s new strategy. This rework also introduces a new buff, Resilient Defense, which works like Taunt but only lasts for a certain number of attacks. Mace will be the first character to utilize this buff but expect it to return in the future.

Best of all, this rework is live right now!

Want to know more? Check out the full kit reveal and an interview with the designer for the Mace Windu rework in the video below.

UPCOMING UNIT - LEGENDARY GRAND INQUISITOR
The Inquisition has begun! We introduced a number of new Inquisitor units over the past few months and today we are announcing where that path to the Dark Side leads - the Legendary Grand Inquisitor! While each marquee Inquisitor targets a specific Jedi to take down, the Master of the Inquisitorius has the power to challenge Galactic Legend Jedi in Territory Wars.

The Inquisitorius faction has focused on the new Purge mechanic, and the Grand Inquisitor helps bring this faction to the next level by utilizing Purge to devastating effect. Outside of Territory Wars, this squad will still be a force to be reckoned with, particularly when facing Jedi opponents.

The Grand Inquisitor will be earned from a new Legendary event that will require five other Inquisitors. We still have a few marquee Inquisitors coming to Galaxy of Heroes as we get closer to the release of the Legendary Grand Inquisitor, so stay tuned to the forums for more information on who will be the next Inquisitor!

jm4eh0hsyanu.png

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed the March 2022 Road Ahead. We have a ton of exciting plans for this year and will have more to share via the next Road Ahead in June.

Thanks again and see you on the Holotables!

DEV POST

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Helicopter inqusitor reveal when? 👀
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    Second
  • Options
    So we are just ignoring the gear economy changes now? Really? Still no announcement for when the rest of P1 gear changes will be implemented that you already announced and nothing regarding P2….ok
  • Options
    Very lackluster RA

No gear economy updates, no HSTR sim update

Yeah, Windu rework is alredy in game, no need to be in the RA lol
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So we are just ignoring the gear economy changes now? Really? Still no announcement for when the rest of P1 gear changes will be implemented that you already announced and nothing regarding P2….ok

Good call, they did say it was going to be mentioned in the road ahead, i'll inquire
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Very lackluster RA

Windu Rework was part of the RA, but they did it few hours before the RA details itself

It would've been better for them to delay the Windu update until they posted the RA?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Good call, they did say it was going to be mentioned in the road ahead, i'll inquire

Thanks ultra. I mean don’t get me wrong, the GAC changes are great. But putting mace’s rework and the razor crest in this when we had this info already was just….blah….that’s all I’ll say lol.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy overall. Roster lock change is nice, and something people have been asking for, literally even in the last couple days. Inquisitors may end up being useful Jedi counters. Also looking forward to having the simple defense setting.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options

Thanks ultra. I mean don’t get me wrong, the GAC changes are great. But putting mace’s rework and the razor crest in this when we had this info already was just….blah….that’s all I’ll say lol.

The biggest draw in the RA is the QOL stuff + Mace Rework, imo

We have one already, so until June, we are just waiting on the QOL stuff

Grand Inquisitor would be cool to see what GLs it can take out (like Starkiller) but its not something for an average player to care about for now, since not all 5 inquisitors will be farmable for a long while, so I get the general reaction people have until June
  • Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Very lackluster RA

Windu Rework was part of the RA, but they did it few hours before the RA details itself

It would've been better for them to delay the Windu update until they posted the RA?

Nope, but there's no need to be part of the RA anymore, it feels like they put it instead of the things I mentioned

If something would've been mentioned about the gear economy or the HSTR, I wouldn't have any complain on that, but not even a single word or recall, maybe "hey guys, we're still working on it, next month you'll have news about it and the things implemented in game"
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    hSTR sim is not in the cards afaik

They talked about looking into whether they should allow simming the raid but that's it... they didn't guarantee they are going to give us Sith Raid Sim... so you can draw your own conclusions on whether we are getting that or not

But i'll ask them about it since there is a lot of interest
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options
    Can I have a refund on my time reading the road ahead. It's identify has fundamentally changed imo. After reading some of the old ones to check my expectations I confirmed it used to be an exciting glimpse of the future of the game, now it's more about whats not in it ie what we won't be getting anytime soon. I won't list them all ...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    Can I have a refund on my time reading the road ahead. It's identify has fundamentally changed imo. After reading some of the old ones to check my expectations I confirmed it used to be an exciting glimpse of the future of the game, now it's more about whats not in it ie what we won't be getting anytime soon. I won't list them all ...

Yes, the next 90 seconds are yours to do with as you please.
  • Zumwan
    360 posts Member
    Options
    they didn't guarantee they are going to give us Sith Raid Sim

They didn't??
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    I’m wondering whether inquizzies will be able to punch up to beating JMK squads in TW.

I have little hopes that they will considering how much CG loves Kenobi but there is always a chance.
  • Sacred_Chao
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Appreciate the possibilty to rejoin GAC a lot - 3 rounds without mods have been super painful. Most important change. Thx!

Mace is cool - will help in many ways.

Scavenger changes could be interesting - we will see.

Other things will make players happy I talked to - overall good work - thx CG
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    they didn't guarantee they are going to give us Sith Raid Sim

They didn't??

I think so?

its been a long time since they talked about the sith raid so my memory is off

But i'll ask and see where they are at with it
  • Options
    Thanks for finishing the last road ahead items :/
    Thanks for forgetting any of the p1 and now apparently P2 core gear economy changes

makes me feel really optimistic :/
  • Options

They talked about looking into whether they should allow simming the raid but that's it... they didn't guarantee they are going to give us Sith Raid Sim... so you can draw your own conclusions on whether we are getting that or not

“ While this week’s Title Update starts the process of the Gear Changes, we still have many more adjustments to come. In Phase 1 we still have changes to hard node Gear drop rates, Territory Battle reward flattening, and adding in a new dedicated slot in the Shard Shop that only provides Core Gear. Once those are complete, we will begin speaking to what Phase 2 encompasses in the near future”

That was in October. 5 months ago….

Also they said the HSTR raid would be simmable, not that it was being considered.

This RA is part road ahead and part “what’s already here”

I’ll continue to take my stand of not blaming crumb or Doja, but this RA was missing too much pertinent information that they said would’ve been in here and info we’ve been waiting on for months now
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    What's IN it is pretty much great - The GAC changes are wonderful and I can finally go full lazy in regards to GAC, something that's useful when I set nearly the exact same defenses every single GAC...

The scavenger change is nice. Actually fairly useful for preparing for gearing future characters, if it works how I think it does?

Grand Inquisitor is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from the inquisitor faction, some kind of decent pay off for starring and gearing the whole faction rather than just the useful ones.

Mace's rework is nice if for no other reason than "there's more light side teams that need a tank than there are decent light side tanks" - I had 4 teams that wanted GK. I now basically have 2 GKs. It helps.

But... what's NOT in it is... disappointing. Could've sworn they specifically said we'd see more about the next bit of the gear changes, and personally, I'm kind of shocked we haven't seen any "big" characters since Executor - No GLs, no capital ships, no "interesting" conquest characters (Tie interceptor really feels lackluster as a conquest chase, tbh.), no GAS/Malak/JKL tier characters.... Just feels weird.

I like what we got, but really feel like there should've been... more.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    #RipUgnaught
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    i wonder if the GAC "Defense Tool" will include that elusive "Ship Squadron" we've wanted.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    #RipUgnaught

I want a Ugnaught omicron that will enhance his anti droid kit to solo a GG droid team.

Wampa, ehh UGHAUNT!!!! 😂

• el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    #RipUgnaught

I want a Ugnaught omicron that will enhance his anti droid kit to solo a GG droid team.

Wampa, ehh UGHAUNT!!!! 😂

poor ugnaught....if the Scavenger can craft gear for us, we won't need to bookmark him for his gear anymore.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2942 posts Member
    Options

“ While this week’s Title Update starts the process of the Gear Changes, we still have many more adjustments to come. In Phase 1 we still have changes to hard node Gear drop rates, Territory Battle reward flattening, and adding in a new dedicated slot in the Shard Shop that only provides Core Gear. Once those are complete, we will begin speaking to what Phase 2 encompasses in the near future”

That was in October. 5 months ago….

Also they said the HSTR raid would be simmable, not that it was being considered.

This RA is part road ahead and part “what’s already here”

I’ll continue to take my stand of not blaming crumb or Doja, but this RA was missing too much pertinent information that they said would’ve been in here and info we’ve been waiting on for months now

Just another example of "Say one thing, do another". CG is consistent, gotta give em that.

Put seriously, this was the RA? Wheres the new modes that were teased? What is CG working on? All this surely couldn't have taken that much time to come up with, unless there are only 5 people still working on the game.

There is nothing to get excited over. This shouldn't have been a RA, its a lackluster SoTG at best. Disappointed.
  • Options
    Please stop wasting development time on GA, it is terrible and you never come close to addresing any of its core issues. Just delete it and do something else entirely.
  • Options
    So what do you think, no GL until June, or next GL will be a surprise?
  • Options
    How about some QoL improvements we actually want - getting rid of buttons on the home screen trying to sell Hyperdrive bundles and Conquest passes and other nonsense packs they force down our throat, stop shifting stuff around in the store so people unintentionally spend thousands of crystals which they refuse to refund after saying they will, galactic legend tickets (enough said on that)
    Discord - Raegadyn#1451 / swgoh.gg - swgoh.gg/p/964325534/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Please stop wasting development time on GA, it is terrible and you never come close to addresing any of its core issues. Just delete it and do something else entirely.

They've made huge and meaningful changes to GA over the last few months. It's still not perfect but it's heading in the right direction for sure. There are, however, a few people not quite intelligent enough to grasp the new concepts.
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    Decicrim wrote: »
    #RipUgnaught

Wampa, ehh UGHAUNT!!!! 😂

poor ugnaught....if the Scavenger can craft gear for us, we won't need to bookmark him for his gear anymore.

So it perfect timing! And those GG walls are just a pain, come on The rise of the UGNAUGHT!!!

This is now my top gac omicron want!!!
    Come on CG think of all those players that would need to gear and relic him still, give the people UGNAUGHT!!!!