Road Ahead: March 2022 [MEGA]

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Please stop wasting development time on GA, it is terrible and you never come close to addresing any of its core issues. Just delete it and do something else entirely.

cjaii8eur13v.gif
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    That's not much... It's pretty much all good and the GAC changes were sorely needed, but I was expecting something more.
  • Options
    I like the GAC changes, I think. Depends on how the defense squads are implemented.

Mace and Razor Crest being in there kind of hurt (especially when Doja in the video sounded so excited about the RC “being released” to Fleet Store while the text had a somewhat sadder past tense - how far in advance did they film?)

Grand Inquisitor is hype, as is two new ones (so a full squad of 6). Scavenger change is also quite nice.

Seems like gear changes are going to keep waiting though…
  • Options
    I feel like they included the Mace rework and RC farming location in the RA just to make it look bigger than it is. Very disappointing RA. Sure, the GAC and Scavenger QoL things are good, but there's so many things they should have addressed...

Where are fleet loadouts??
    Where is part 2 of the gear economy changes??
    Where is HSith sim??
    Additional tools for officers??
    Lord Vader buffs??
    GAC autoset QoL??
    Better TW matchmaking??
    Fixing Freezes and button disappears in conquest??
    New game modes??
    Accelerated shards for old ships??

And this is just stuff I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of other things. There are so many issues still, but this RA fixes only like 5-10% of them. I know that some people will now say that "CG can only lose... whatever they post, people will be unhappy about it", but what else do you expect when you announce a big update, but only say you're going to fix 2 out of the 20 current moderate-big issues?
  • Options
    Hey, CG. Since you seem to be completely lost, and doing things noone/only a small vocal minority wants, let me help you.

This is what we want:
    Fleet loadouts
    Part1 end and Part 2 of the gear economy changes
    HSith sim
    More ships
    Bug fixes
    New, balanced (not op, not crap) GLs
  • chad7125
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Point of clarification, the text says for GAC you can re-lock your roster at any time, but Doja in the video said that your roster will automatically re-lock at the end of the sign up phase, do we know which it is, those are very different.

Edit: I see the re-save roster button, so I guess really the question is did Doja misspeak when he said your roster locks in at the end of the sign up phase
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    These are really great and welcome news. I like all of them.
    Many people are asking for topics that are not mentioned this time. I think you have decided to leave out controversial changes this time. So while some information is missing, there is nothing in it to complain about. This is good, because that way the RA gets again something to look forward too and you don't have to expect hidden booby traps. It feels a bit like a SotG instead of a RA, the changes are coming very soon and don't show a plan for future development of the game.
    Of course it would be nice if you can respond to those question in time.
  • Options
    Overall some great QoL updates for sure. Shame no mention of further gear economy changes, though I guess you could say the Scavenger update kind of falls into that category. I think it's a great change there, and interested to see what they meant by planning ahead your characters gear...
  • Options
    Ok, may be a bit pedantic but on the Omicron label.

Is this going to show up everywhere and if so how?

Ideally it should appear differently if it is active in the mode you are in. There are already enough that it is getting hard to remember which are for which mode and obviously this will get harder. If you have to go check then while this is still better it doesn't help as much as if you say had a cross through it if not active.
  • Options
    Isn’t the road ahead meant to cover the next quarter or so? Nothing in there to twist about, but it must be a quiet few months ahead.
    797-722-718
  • Magruffin
    787 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hard to see this game lasting much longer when all they seem to be talking about is releasing more cashgrabs-- er characters.
    Doesn't address the gear issues, tells us crud we already know about mace and rc.
    No mention about future game modes, basically zero info on anything besides more toons upcoming. And some minor changes to GAC.. whoopee.
    .. this isn't an ra, it's a look in the rear view mirror.
    No mention of the decreased chase rates, or why exactly we got screwed in shipments..
    Weak af.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kard_1986 wrote: »
    Isn’t the road ahead meant to cover the next quarter or so? Nothing in there to twist about, but it must be a quiet few months ahead.

Unless they are hiding something, either because it's still not reasonably certain or because they don't want to give us any more time to prepare than strictly necessary.
  • Options
    Didn't they say specifically in the state of the Galaxy in Feb that they'd be giving us an update on the gear initiatives?

You guys knocked the gac stuff out of the park, and the omicron update could have just been the Mace rework, but why did you say you'd talk about the gear economy in the road ahead, and then just didn't without a word? I don't see a reality where the scavenger update counts, as nice as it is.

It was honestly incredibly disappointing.
  • Options
    Hey, CG. Since you seem to be completely lost, and doing things noone/only a small vocal minority wants, let me help you.

This is what we want:
    Fleet loadouts
    Part1 end and Part 2 of the gear economy changes
    HSith sim
    More ships
    Bug fixes
    New, balanced (not op, not crap) GLs

gac qol is great didnt know i was a small vocal minority on that one

bug fixes have nothing to do with ra

jmk isnt op and lv isnt crap
    hello
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Hard to see this game lasting much longer when all they seem to be talking about is releasing more cashgrabs-- er characters.
    Doesn't address the gear issues, tells us crud we already know about mace and rc.
    No mention about future game modes, basically zero info on anything besides more toons upcoming. And some minor changes to GAC.. whoopee.
    .. this isn't an ra, it's a look in the rear view mirror.
    No mention of the decreased chase rates, or why exactly we got screwed in shipments..
    Weak af.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You are the 10,000th poster that has claimed the game is dying! The first 9,999 were all wrong but I'm sure that you are the one to finally be correct.

Your prize is 1,000 crystals, which you can collect 24 hours the game does finally die.
  • Options
    an opinion that has been wrong for what 5 or 6 years now?
    hello
  • Options
    So what stage of the games life cycle do you think were in?
    No new modes, no new raids, false promises regarding easing gear issues, more and more bug issues and crashes that won't get acknowledged, only thing they keep releasing are toons which keep ppl spending. So based on that, it looks like they're stretching out the inevitable. Pretty logical.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm saying, the game will die soon, is that correct?
    Just like the missing part of phase 1 gear changes will be released soon.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    No new modes, no new raids, false promises regarding easing gear issues, more and more bug issues and crashes that won't get acknowledged, only thing they keep releasing are toons which keep ppl spending. So based on that, it looks like they're stretching out the inevitable. Pretty logical.

On the other hand, with the GAC focus, they created a self-sustaining system where the players put pressure on each other. They could go on like this for quite some time, just releasing a few new characters here and there to give us more stuff to chase. The current changes seem to point that way too.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

On the other hand, with the GAC focus, they created a self-sustaining system where the players put pressure on each other. They could go on like this for quite some time, just releasing a few new characters here and there to give us more stuff to chase. The current changes seem to point that way too.

Maybe, but if they don't mix up the map and get a handle on the cheaters then I could see GAC becoming very stale very fast.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    So we just not doing GLs anymore?

giphy.gif
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Options
    So this is a quarterly update and we got...

QOL Arena things that should have been there since GA from the start - yet still no fleet organisation...
    Razorcrest update that was live with it already in ship stores
    a years requested retooling of Mace that was announced last friday
    And a new Legendary event

So really in the report we got one new item announced? I'm not sure less of an effort could have been put into this.
  • Options
    Have new units, reworks, and shard shuffles been a big part of RA's in the past? Seems like filler.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Have new units, reworks, and shard shuffles been a big part of RA's in the past? Seems like filler.

Yes. At least when the units warrant it, like a mode exclusive character and something like a Mace rework that the players have been after for years.

No new modes? Conquest would like a word. And before you chime in with bUt CoNqUeSt Is A yEaR oLd, content has always been slow in this game. I wouldn't expect a new mode before this summer, if we get one this year at all.

As far as raids, they told us they aren't doing those anymore, so that's not a surprise. And they've been giving false promises for over 6 years. I'm more surprised they implemented any gear changes at all than I am that they will never finish doing what they said.
  • Options
    So I guess we are still waiting on that “shipload of content” and still no fleet loadouts? Why are these things so difficult to implement? RA was just lackluster more than half the info was already known and implemented and the only positive change was with GAC but I’m sure there’s gonna be bugs in that when it goes live.
  • Options
    Where are the gear changes? In the Hynsey video I swear you said they'd be coming in the road ahead, you also kept claiming that transparency is always the aim. If there's an unexpected issue and they're not ready tell us and actually practice transparency. Silence is the opposite of what the community deserve.

Alternatively stop making grand promises that take years to roll out and just tell us about whats coming next week.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yes. At least when the units warrant it, like a mode exclusive character and something like a Mace rework that the players have been after for years.

No new modes? Conquest would like a word. And before you chime in with bUt CoNqUeSt Is A yEaR oLd, content has always been slow in this game. I wouldn't expect a new mode before this summer, if we get one this year at all.

As far as raids, they told us they aren't doing those anymore, so that's not a surprise. And they've been giving false promises for over 6 years. I'm more surprised they implemented any gear changes at all than I am that they will never finish doing what they said.

They specifically mentioned modes in the SotG in February...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/253661/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2022#latest

WRAP UP
    I hope this State of the Galaxy gets you excited for the next era of units for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and gives you some insight into how we plan to continue to shape the game for a long, fun future. While there are exciting new characters and modes coming, we also have several initiatives from last year to continue to push forward: the next phase of the Gear Intervention, Grand Arena Update, and the Omicron Updates. You will hear from Doja and myself in the upcoming Road Ahead that will cover these next phases for these changes in more detail, what is the next major title update, and more.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/253661/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2022#latest

WRAP UP
    I hope this State of the Galaxy gets you excited for the next era of units for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and gives you some insight into how we plan to continue to shape the game for a long, fun future. While there are exciting new characters and modes coming, we also have several initiatives from last year to continue to push forward: the next phase of the Gear Intervention, Grand Arena Update, and the Omicron Updates. You will hear from Doja and myself in the upcoming Road Ahead that will cover these next phases for these changes in more detail, what is the next major title update, and more.

In RA you could see 3 vs 3 GAC. Isn't that a "new" mode compared to the current game? I don't like 3 vs 3 by the way
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »

WRAP UP

In RA you could see 3 vs 3 GAC. Isn't that a "new" mode compared to the current game? I don't like 3 vs 3 by the way

I guess it's new to GAC since they moved crystals there but if that's what they consider a new mode, then I suspect the majority of the community would be disappointed...
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

WRAP UP

It also mentions the modes in the context of a "long, fun future," not necessarily a "we're doing this next month."
    zatho wrote: »

WRAP UP

No, 3v3 is not new, and cannot be considered as such.