Road Ahead: March 2022 [MEGA]

Replies

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Another Question concerning GAC. The Video shows also 3 vs 3. In the April event calendar is is announced as 5 vs 5. Can you give us a timeline on when you intend to change it again, or if we may choose for which mode we will sign up? Can we get a table of how many teams per field have to bee deployed? It would be nice to have some time in advance to plan defense loadouts, order the roster into reasonable trios and maybe change certain mods for that mode.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a coincidence that the rest of the gear changes haven't been implemented, but they give us the occasional free calendar and lots of core gear packs to buy in the store. Why give us extra stuff that's permanently free when they can dangle a carrot then convince people to spend more money?

It's obvious they decided the changes cost them too many $$$. That's all CG care about.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

It's obvious they decided the changes cost them too many $$$. That's all CG care about.

Woah, a business in a capitalistic economy only cares about money?

jevyodvdy6z8.gif
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    bap1234 wrote: »
    I'm glad there is no new gl so i can catch up with the latest toons6aurldxhwbii.png
    because they are amazing.

The inqusitor event will basically be a mini GL with 2000+ kyros it’ll require.

the neat part is i don't give a f about the inquisitors lol. i'm also glad the next conquest toon isn't "grand inqusitor"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad there is no new gl so i can catch up with the latest toons6aurldxhwbii.png

the neat part is i don't give a f about the inquisitors lol. i'm also glad the next conquest toon isn't "grand inqusitor"

It could still be Reva the Special Sister and be required for the GI event...
  • Options
    Just to manage my expectstions: will the QOL changes be inplemented before or after the remaining “Phase 1” gear crunch measures from last road ahead…?
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Special? because she is a black woman?
  • StarSon
    7491 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Was there ever a timeline associated with Phase 1?

When they implemented the first changes of phase 1 near the end of October they said the rest of phase 1 would come "in the next month or so". I think we can all do the math and realize that it's long past that.

The previous SotG also said that this RA would include information on "the next phase of the Gear Intervention", which means we should've gotten info on phase 2
    Can’t find the “next month or so” quote. I see them say “in the near future” plenty.

I did find where they stated the next RA would have more details of the next phase, though.

Don’t get me wrong - I think they should deliver on what they stated, and it’s bordering on laughable that they still haven’t done so. But I do think some forumers are massively exaggerating how big an impact the 3 remaining changes from phase 1 will have on roster building.

xu16w87sj67x.jpg

You missed the part where they explicitly said they weren't doing all of phase 1 in the next month or so. The start of that sentence says "many of the items discussed," and not "all of the items discussed."
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Because she gets special treatment - all other inquisitors are called Nth Brother/Sister, but she gets to keep her name. Even the Second Sister, whose past identity is a big plot point. I'm not going into the reasons why she might be getting this special treatment, though...
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

When they implemented the first changes of phase 1 near the end of October they said the rest of phase 1 would come "in the next month or so". I think we can all do the math and realize that it's long past that.

The previous SotG also said that this RA would include information on "the next phase of the Gear Intervention", which means we should've gotten info on phase 2
    Can’t find the “next month or so” quote. I see them say “in the near future” plenty.

I did find where they stated the next RA would have more details of the next phase, though.

Don’t get me wrong - I think they should deliver on what they stated, and it’s bordering on laughable that they still haven’t done so. But I do think some forumers are massively exaggerating how big an impact the 3 remaining changes from phase 1 will have on roster building.

xu16w87sj67x.jpg

You missed the part where they explicitly said they weren't doing all of phase 1 in the next month or so. The start of that sentence says "many of the items discussed," and not "all of the items discussed."

It says many of the item will go into effect with the update (in October) and the rest will go into effect over the next month or so.

I was not adding any editorial. Just posted the screenshot because he couldn't find the next month part... If you think it's all good, that's ok.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    lol, a pretty good point
  • StarSon
    7491 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

xu16w87sj67x.jpg

It says many of the item will go into effect with the update (in October) and the rest will go into effect over the next month or so.

I was not adding any editorial. Just posted the screenshot because he couldn't find the next month part... If you think it's all good, that's ok.

Ah, I stand corrected. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI why are you guys 6 months late on the rest of the gear changes?
  • Options

I kinda hope there are no more GLs. I'd rather see a bunch of new characters added.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    cryable?

Aside from question what that even means, do you ever contribute anything to posts or conversations besides responding in the negative all the time and condescend to people who are posting legitimate concerns?

jeez man it was neither just a joke about crying after laughing
    hello
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

I kinda hope there are no more GLs. I'd rather see a bunch of new characters added.

with GAC now being the ultimate game mode, i don't think gl's will go anywhere. Add to that squad arena is dead, next gl doesn’t have to be hard counter to jmk for squad arena, he/she just has to be at rey, jml see level.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I also think at this point CG will rather shut down the game than a new gl be able to beat jmk lol. CG and JMK sitting in a tree lol
  • BobaFettish86
    607 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

jevyodvdy6z8.gif

Be sarcastic all you want. My point is that the changes affected their bottom line too much and they're hoping if they leave it long enough, we'll stop asking and be the monotonous drones they want us to be.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

jevyodvdy6z8.gif

Be sarcastic all you want. My point is that the changes affected their bottom line too much and they're hoping if they leave it long enough, we'll stop asking and be the monotonous drones they want us to be.

Maybe too many people stopped spending and thus they stopped giving us more stuff for free permanently. These bonus drops are time-limited and these bonus-calendars are not garuanteed forever.
  • Options
    Solid RA. They learned from the previous and only mentioned developments that are surely to come next months. Well done guys!
  • Options
    PoederAmon wrote: »
    Solid RA. They learned from the previous and only mentioned developments that are surely to come next months. Well done guys!

Or development that is already implemented in the game.
    cryable?

Aside from question what that even means, do you ever contribute anything to posts or conversations besides responding in the negative all the time and condescend to people who are posting legitimate concerns?

jeez man it was neither just a joke about crying after laughing

Uh huh, I’m sure it was, rest of my point still stands too.
  • Options

Because she gets special treatment - all other inquisitors are called Nth Brother/Sister, but she gets to keep her name. Even the Second Sister, whose past identity is a big plot point. I'm not going into the reasons why she might be getting this special treatment, though...

I don't want to derail this thread too much but you're just making baseless assumptions.

a) that her name is actually going to be used in the show. For all we know it's just a marketing thing because she's likely going to be the "main" Inquisitor and they want to distinguish her from the others. And for what it's worth starwars.com revealed that her Inquisitor name is the Third Sister so she didn't get to keep her name

b) that if her name is used in the show it's going to be what she's called by the other Inquisitors. It could easily just be used by Obi-Wan because he recognizes her as a Jedi from pre-Order 66 times
  • Options

If you mean Mace, the word "already" could be replaced with "just". It's more accurate.
  • StarSon
    7491 posts Member
    Options

If you mean Mace, the word "already" could be replaced with "just". It's more accurate.

And RC shards.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

it would be funny if the grand inqusitor was required for a gl though
  • Options

Then it still shouldn’t have been apart of the Road Ahead. It’s called the road ahead for the reason. Not the road here or the road past.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options

Every new toon ends up being required for something

I think SK or GI will be required, so that their pre-reqs are psuedo-required
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Probably both if we’re being real tbh
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
    sdtdfe8rdfdy.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

SK seems pretty self-contained, I don't think he will be required for something else. The Legends stuff was imo a once and done thing.
  • Options
    Lol
    sdtdfe8rdfdy.png

Thanks for the update.

Shame we have to rely on forum users scavenging for a random single line in a chat thread that won’t exist in another week 🤮