Echelon changes: Yes or No?!

Prev1
Beeblebrox
424 posts Member
edited March 2022
It has been 2 full weeks since this post mentioning potential changes to the new TIE Echelon ship ( https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/254446/tie-echelon-first-order-fleet-performance#latest )
2-weeks is PLENTY of time for CG to have done additional testing and determine whether or not you will be making changes to TIE Echelon or other ships, so will there or will there not be any changes being made? @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_MindTricks @CG_Miller @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat

It is simply NOT acceptable to leave these "well we might make changes at some point" situations open-ended with new or re-worked/tweaked units in the game meaning that players cannot rely on being able to invest in anything without the potential for it to then be nerfed into uselessness afterwards.
IF you ever need to announce you're "looking into potential changes" then there needs to be a distinct time limit and conclusion to those investigations so players can plan accordingly, one way or another.

(...unless of course you're deliberately not announcing what you're going to do while the TIE Echelon shard packs are for sale so you can make money from people before then making changes to something in fleets after you've got your money...!)

Replies

• Options
    Exactly, I've been holding off on upgrading the pilot for this exact reason.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Of course the last paragraph is the answer.

They just made the Mal counter worse with the healing AI change so now you really want to use that FO counter. So whale harder, get the Echelon to 7 stars, relic up your Hux to R7 and preferably FOO to R7 aswell and enjoy it for a limited time untill the next ship arrives and opens up a new Exe counter while the Echelon gets nerfed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that too. I need 14 blueprints to 5* the ship and I would be willing to buy the crystal packs, but only if I know what will happen with the Echelon in the next few months, if it will be nerfed or changed.
    I will not spend my crystals without knowing that my investement will not be changed or diminished in the next few months and I also will not spend my crystals if this question does not get answered.

Just to be clear. I don't want a guarantee that the Echelon will never be changed some day along the road, because I am well aware that this can never be promised. I am talking specifically about the next few months/ near future.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    come on rydiggs
    hello
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Having been the one to start the previous thread on this THE DAY AFTER IT CAME OUT, I can attest that they are dragging their feet in this on purpose until the store item is no longer available and they can’t milk our crystals anymore before going ahead and making some change that will make this counter no longer as viable. Anyone want to take a bet on that? It’s been too long to be anything more than greed at this point. Even CG isn’t that inept
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    p3wmfm0slyk0.jpeg
    mr37hat wrote: »
    Having been the one to start the previous thread on this THE DAY AFTER IT CAME OUT, I can attest that they are dragging their feet in this on purpose until the store item is no longer available and they can’t milk our crystals anymore before going ahead and making some change that will make this counter no longer as viable. Anyone want to take a bet on that? It’s been too long to be anything more than greed at this point. Even CG isn’t that inept

• Options
    Maybe they are playtesting...
  • Options
    Same. Unacceptable behavior of CG, just like always.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Of course the last paragraph is the answer.

They just made the Mal counter worse with the healing AI change so now you really want to use that FO counter. So whale harder, get the Echelon to 7 stars, relic up your Hux to R7 and preferably FOO to R7 aswell and enjoy it for a limited time untill the next ship arrives and opens up a new Exe counter while the Echelon gets nerfed.

I mean, I'm willing to buy the Echelon packs - but I'm waiting for info on if it's going to get changed, so there's that side of it as well.
  • Options
    Maybe they are playtesting...

Hahahaha.... let's stick to reasonable assertions, please ;)
  • Options
    It’s mind blowing they continue to sell this product before confirming if it’s WAI. You’d think this would be urgent for them to communicate, with respect for consumer trust.

Why would anyone spend on this, knowing it may be nerfed at any time due to their “further testing” (which should have been done before they started SELLING the product)?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    It’s mind blowing they continue to sell this product before confirming if it’s WAI. You’d think this would be urgent for them to communicate, with respect for consumer trust.

Why would anyone spend on this, knowing it may be nerfed at any time due to their “further testing” (which should have been done before they started SELLING the product)?

It's not mind blowing at all, at least not anymore. We all know how CG operates, consumer trust means nothing to them.
  • Options
    @Ultra any chance they've made a decision here or are they "still monitoring" weeks later?
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »

Maybe this is the plan. Announce they are doing nothing but not until the packs have left the store so there is less people with the fleet for it to matter as much.
  • Options
    I'm simply done spending after the disaster that has been Lord Vader and these insane Omicron debacles. Until they actually give us a reason to spend money on insanely overpriced, underwhelming GLs and pull the rug out from under us with hairpin turn nerfs, there's no reason to support any of this.
  • Options
    Now closing in on 3-WEEKS since the announced "investigation" into Echelon working as intended, they announce the requirement for 2 additional fleets in all Kyber divisions of GAC, and STILL utter radio silence from CG, they really are the most tone deaf company I've ever had the displeasure of having to deal with!
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    The packs are only available for 8 more days, so yes I really would like to know aswell.

@Ultra is there any chance you might get their attention to this post or get them to clear this up?

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    The packs are only available for 8 more days, so yes I really would like to know aswell.

@Ultra is there any chance you might get their attention to this post or get them to clear this up?

Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't hold my breath, it's been 3 weeks. If we are going to hear anything, I'd wager it'll be after the 8 more days you mentioned.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    It's not mind blowing at all, at least not anymore. We all know how CG operates, consumer trust means nothing to them.

6a08tz.jpg
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Think it's time to being it to the forums
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Thank you in advance.

Therefore you'll find out in 9 days. Typical fashion.
  • Options
    You will need the fleet either way so it doesn't really matter
  • Options
    You will need the fleet either way so it doesn't really matter

Kinda does. Exec still rules Fleet Arena, and a lot of people need to choose between Echelon or something else vs Echelon or nothing at all.
  • Options
    It does matter, yet you should know it's not going to happen.
    This is CG's game, they've done this at least 50 times already, not even exaggarating: show something op, leave you in confusion, causing you to panic buy, then nerf it right afterwards.

Cg won't give you a 100% counter for their dearest money maker Executor, for free.
    So, latest, its going to be nerfed by the time it hits a node, max 2 months.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It does matter, yet you should know it's not going to happen.
    This is CG's game, they've done this at least 50 times already, not even exaggarating: show something op, leave you in confusion, causing you to panic buy, then nerf it right afterwards.

Cg won't give you a 100% counter for their dearest money maker Executor, for free.
    So, latest, its going to be nerfed by the time it hits a node, max 2 months.

Unless there is a new dearest money maker by that time...
  • Options
    Well if nothing else this is good information/ammunition for passing over to my local MP who is working in a cross-party parliamentary unit (something she joined whilst appointed as Shadow Chancellor in the UK) looking to tackle the lack of accountability or consumer protection with regards to in-game purchases, loot boxes, game currencies etc. - UK will soon be requiring the same consumer protections as you get with other online purchases, such as the right to return a product that does not work or results in you receiving a product not matching the original description (...so pretty much anything CG releases these days given all the post release changes!)
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_MindTricks @CG_Miller @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat are presumably happy to remain radio silent whilst effectively aiding/perpetrating mass fraud against users of their product!
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously they are waiting to the pack left the store, then maybe just announce the nerf
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Well if nothing else this is good information/ammunition for passing over to my local MP who is working in a cross-party parliamentary unit (something she joined whilst appointed as Shadow Chancellor in the UK) looking to tackle the lack of accountability or consumer protection with regards to in-game purchases, loot boxes, game currencies etc. - UK will soon be requiring the same consumer protections as you get with other online purchases, such as the right to return a product that does not work or results in you receiving a product not matching the original description (...so pretty much anything CG releases these days given all the post release changes!)
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_MindTricks @CG_Miller @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat are presumably happy to remain radio silent whilst effectively aiding/perpetrating mass fraud against users of their product!

Beautiful! Also being from the UK, may I ask which MP?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead now there are only 5 days left until the pack is out of the shop. As I mentioned before, I would buy the blueprints I still need for crystals but before I do that I would like to know if this ship is going to get changed or nerfed in the next few months.
    It would be really great if you could get us an answer before the packs are gone.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    They will not announce a nerf while you can still buy shards