Proving Grounds

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I’ve just accepted that I’ll never be able to unlock and I’m 90 shards away.

You’ll never have a r3 unit?

R2 was annoying enough in the movies, why do we want an R3 unit? also R3 was a traitor and served the Separatists.
  • Options
    330 shards for a character, and AFTER 1 YEAR WAITING CG gives us 20 shards per month.

So, after a toon release, you can play with the character for free in 29 month!
    So 2 years and 4 month.

CG, stick your stuff you know where..

If you would consider refreshing P2P, then lets not forget, 5 sims a day is free with a 33% drop rate, and F2P are managing that just fine

So you don't see any difference between a 6 months farm (which f2p managing fine) and a 29 months farm (this CapitalGreediness).

No more questions needed.
  • Options
    330 shards for a character, and AFTER 1 YEAR WAITING CG gives us 20 shards per month.

So 2 years and 4 month.

If you would consider refreshing P2P, then lets not forget, 5 sims a day is free with a 33% drop rate, and F2P are managing that just fine

So you don't see any difference between a 6 months farm (which f2p managing fine) and a 29 months farm (this CapitalGreediness).

How is this a 29 month farm though?
    Are you basing that on 0 shards during the release conquest and 0 refresh of the proving grounds event?

With red box, which can be obtained F2P, it’s 3 months.
    Depending on crate achieved it will be less than 17 months of proving grounds, with zero refresh.
    You can save crystals F2P and that will cut down the time needed after the unit goes to proving grounds.
    This really doesn’t seem that different from how legendary toons used to be released with a gated event every 3 months, which you needed to gear a bunch of toons for.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

So 2 years and 4 month.

How is this a 29 month farm though?
    Are you basing that on 0 shards during the release conquest and 0 refresh of the proving grounds event?

With red box, which can be obtained F2P, it’s 3 months.
    Depending on crate achieved it will be less than 17 months of proving grounds, with zero refresh.
    You can save crystals F2P and that will cut down the time needed after the unit goes to proving grounds.
    This really doesn’t seem that different from how legendary toons used to be released with a gated event every 3 months, which you needed to gear a bunch of toons for.

How long do you guess will it take if you started playing after it was in conquest crates (maybe because of a break) and didn't buy any shards?
  • Options
    Tbh. I think this looks great on paper. The only two worries I have is the refresh cost and if we can do multiple farms at the same time or have to choose between the conquest characters - but we'll just have to wait and see.

For all the people saying that it's an unreasonable long farm for one of the best non-GL characters in the game. I honestly don't think so. You can get her from 0 to max on the side while working on other projects completely FREE in 17 months - even less if you had a few shards already or want to refresh.

Personally I'm 3-4 months away from getting JMK and only have 80/330 CAT shards. So I'd probably start focusing my crystals in farming her if they don't make the refresh cost absurd like the 600 crystals per 5 shards atm. :wink:
  • Options
    I'm fine with this on the whole but I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen asked:

Also looking beyond just CAT but down the line.

1. Like razor crest is currently will characters be available in the conquest store?
    2. When there are multiple characters in the proving ground (those of us who have been stuck in intermediate mode will have many half complete characters) will you only be able to pick one a month? Or will you be able to collect shards for each toon and play through seperate events. I feel like the answer to that drastically changes my outlook on this!
  • Options
    New mode. Free to play. Pretty liberal door policy (any character at R3). Chance to finish off CAT or Razor Crest - and as far as I can see it’s completely optional.

w2s0l59uj1gy.gif

Erm. Thanks?
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

So 2 years and 4 month.

Remember Talzin and Wicket were released as 2 year farms

How’s that working out
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

So 2 years and 4 month.

How’s that working out

If they would tell us the timeline they have planned, then we could deal with it.

EDIT: And then we can decide whether we want to wait for it and farm f2p or if it is worth some money to accelerate it
  • Rius
    370 posts Member
    Options
    I think this thread has been very critical. I was fairly low level when CAT was released and I still am below 4M GP so only get normal mode loot. Conquest is pushing characters fast to keep up with the much higher level players who are able to complete them within the conquest run. Normal mode is likely to earn below 100 shards for me I only managed 60 during CATs run. But there’s a lot of active mid level players who want these characters too. This provides us a way to speed up after a year of release. I am over half way, I do not expect this route to go from 0 to 330 particularly fast, I don’t understand why people would expect conquest rewards by avoiding it completely. And if you were not playing at the time CAT was released you can still farm her from 0.

I am happy if I can finish off my farming faster than the current rate which I already use crystals I earned in game. Hopefully it will be more efficient than 600 crystals for 5 shards. 20 free shards a month is a big improvement for me already and a refresh with crystals is okay if reasonable. It’s clear some people forget we earn crystals in GAC and fleet so requiring crystal refresh is not requiring to pay. Relic 3 requirement is fair as you would of needed some relic squads to get loot boxes even in normal conquest.

I am interested to see if she will still be in conquest store to purchase with conquest tickets and crystals like RC as that will definitely speed up how I am currently farming her. And if we are limited to 1 conquest character/ship at a time or can farm multiple, but that would be a bonus.

And I realise people want a sandbox but this was not intended for that, this is just a conquest farming catch up. One issue at a time.
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I think this thread has been very critical. I was fairly low level when CAT was released and I still am below 4M GP so only get normal mode loot. Conquest is pushing characters fast to keep up with the much higher level players who are able to complete them within the conquest run. Normal mode is likely to earn below 100 shards for me I only managed 60 during CATs run. But there’s a lot of active mid level players who want these characters too. This provides us a way to speed up after a year of release. I am over half way, I do not expect this route to go from 0 to 330 particularly fast, I don’t understand why people would expect conquest rewards by avoiding it completely. And if you were not playing at the time CAT was released you can still farm her from 0.

I am happy if I can finish off my farming faster than the current rate which I already use crystals I earned in game. Hopefully it will be more efficient than 600 crystals for 5 shards. 20 free shards a month is a big improvement for me already and a refresh with crystals is okay if reasonable. It’s clear some people forget we earn crystals in GAC and fleet so requiring crystal refresh is not requiring to pay. Relic 3 requirement is fair as you would of needed some relic squads to get loot boxes even in normal conquest.

I am interested to see if she will still be in conquest store to purchase with conquest tickets and crystals like RC as that will definitely speed up how I am currently farming her. And if we are limited to 1 conquest character/ship at a time or can farm multiple, but that would be a bonus.

And I realise people want a sandbox but this was not intended for that, this is just a conquest farming catch up. One issue at a time.

Sorry mate, this is the SWGOH forums, only complaining is allowed. Please see yourself out.
  • Options

So 2 years and 4 month.

How’s that working out

Iirc both Talzin and Wicket were playable t 5 stars (145 shards), making them playable in 8 months (?).

I still think 8 months is better than 29 months.
  • Options

So 2 years and 4 month.

How’s that working out

Iirc both Talzin and Wicket were playable t 5 stars (145 shards), making them playable in 8 months (?).

its only 29 months if you choose to make it 29 months
    hello
  • Options
    We need some more details on the event.
    1. Can shards for both (all) characters be earned in a single event/month? Or do we have to choose which one to do? It sounds like the Bounty Hunter events where you choose which one to fight. If so, why not just add two levels to the existing event(s) and make it monthly?
    2. How many crystals is it to refresh the event?
    3. Will shards for conquest characters still be available in Conquest shop? Wandering Scavengers?
    4. Will TB characters like Wat or KAM be added to this game mode?
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    for the true F2P that dont use crystals on conquest this basically means after a one year wait you need 5-6months more depending on if you used conquest points towards a specific char.

i guess we have to live with the crappy relationship ea/cg has with us f2p players where conquest is a way of guaranteeing true f2p will never be able to be within 17months of someone that pays. thats really shady imo.

the one year wait to me is fine but extending it 5-6months behind another grind is horrible. if it was 2-3months grind after a year wait that to me is fair but anything else is just greed on ea/cgs part and a way to mistreat f2p players.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    for the true F2P that dont use crystals on conquest this basically means after a one year wait you need 5-6months more depending on if you used conquest points towards a specific char.

i guess we have to live with the crappy relationship ea/cg has with us f2p players where conquest is a way of guaranteeing true f2p will never be able to be within 17months of someone that pays. thats really shady imo

What does that mean? True f2p would not use crystals. True f2p use crystal where it awards you the best efficiency. With regard to GAC, investing crystals in conquest is mandatory to unlock these key characters
  • Options
    Seems like a slap in the face to those who purchased crystal refreshes/conquest passes to get the character maxed the first time they came around. I get hooking up those without, but this seems to indicate that those whoa are at the 'tip of the spear' will never get to experience this game mode, nor the rewards. @Kyno any way we could bring this up to the devs? It doesn't seem like it would crash their game economy to allow us who've paid/used crystals to finish the conquest characters on release to still be able to play the game mode and earn a pittance of shard shop currency each month.
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I’ve just accepted that I’ll never be able to unlock and I’m 90 shards away.

which one? and you totally can if you spend some crystals too. I haven't gotten past 3rd crate in ages and I have both unlocked and relic'd
  • Options
    for the true F2P that dont use crystals on conquest

Please dont start with this nonsense again
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

So 2 years and 4 month.

How’s that working out

Okay but how many months to 7* Talzin / Wicket?

33 months

It’s a 33 month farm f2p to 7*

Unless you speed up with crystals like CAT, which is also a f2p option

Since you get free crystals via GAC and Fleet arena so people are being over dramatic here with what f2p means
  • Options
    So if anyone didn't play any of conquest at all. FP players would have to wait 17 Months to get a Conquest character. This is absurd ! I hope she will be available elsewhere.

I was pretty surprised to see the Razor Crest in Ship Shipment. It felt good.

Why would you not play conquest at all? Then it should take you 17 months to get the character.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seems like a slap in the face to those who purchased crystal refreshes/conquest passes to get the character maxed the first time they came around. I get hooking up those without, but this seems to indicate that those whoa are at the 'tip of the spear' will never get to experience this game mode, nor the rewards. @Kyno any way we could bring this up to the devs? It doesn't seem like it would crash their game economy to allow us who've paid/used crystals to finish the conquest characters on release to still be able to play the game mode and earn a pittance of shard shop currency each month.

How is it a slap in the face when they stated over a year ago that they would make these toons farmable after a year

How is it a slap in the face when you were able to get CAT 6 months early and use her everywhere before she goes to proving grounds for 20 shards a month?

It’s a r3 req event, tip of the spear with r8 and above toons will just auto it in 2 seconds and get bored with it tbh

• Options
    Lol so it you're true F2P you can't use crystals on conquest? Surely true F2P players use their crystals in a way that maximises their growth most effectively?

This is a grinding game everything takes time - money is a shortcut. We're not meant to be able to unlock characters quickly.

It's also an event that becomes less useful for players as progress. Moving from intermediate to hard mode in conquest means I'm going to complete the newer characters first and going forward complete them - the events will be catch up. It's actually an event that doesn't aim for the spenders or end game players - which we always ask for...
  • Options

So the rewards for the event are CAT shards... You have a 7* CAT, meaning you already got CAT shards.... so you've already experienced the rewards for proving grounds. What rewards exactly do you think you're missing out on?
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    KAM was released over two years ago and we have to wait for the monthly attempt at earning a shard as well. At least you can get 20 for free here and refresh for additional. I would love to see KAM and Wat added to this event!
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Will this be used for new units in the future in place of marquee releases?

It’s for conquest characters
  • Options

i guess we have to live with the crappy relationship ea/cg has with us f2p players where conquest is a way of guaranteeing true f2p will never be able to be within 17months of someone that pays. thats really shady imo.

the one year wait to me is fine but extending it 5-6months behind another grind is horrible. if it was 2-3months grind after a year wait that to me is fair but anything else is just greed on ea/cgs part and a way to mistreat f2p players.

What the hell does that even mean, I'm F2P and I use crystals I earned for free on conquest. If you don't spend money then you're F2P.

Stop with the excuses and labeling us as if we're all the same. If you want to save all your crystals, never spend them and be behind in the game then that's your choice but some of us spend our free crystals efficiently to get the best characters.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

So the rewards for the event are CAT shards... You have a 7* CAT, meaning you already got CAT shards.... so you've already experienced the rewards for proving grounds. What rewards exactly do you think you're missing out on?

Maybe shard shop currency but they explicitly said they don’t want players to earn SSC so not sure why asking them will make a difference since they knowingly said no
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Will this be used for new units in the future in place of marquee releases?

It’s for conquest characters

To start with anyway. The announcement and Meathead's comment on the discord indicate that maybe it could be for non-conquest characters at some point.
  • Options
    I just hope they didn't invest too much dev time into this "game mode".

If PG helps players unlock CAT, great. I'll let them decide whether they like or dislike this mode.

For me, it sounds like I'll never have a reason to participate beyond what we use GC for to test things like toon AI and turn orders and such.

Yawn...