GAC 3vs3 Incoming - Starkiller adjustment?

papaofmom
163 posts Member
edited April 2022
Are you going to adjist Starkiller to 3vs3? If I remember correctly it was promised - yet we have 3vs3 annouced but no Starkiller upgrade for this mode

dev insight: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251967/developer-insights-starkiller
Does his unique work in 3v3?
We have plans to implement a version of his ability There Is Much Conflict In You to work in 3v3 Grand Arenas before the next occurence of 3v3 GAC is available.

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    We have 3v3 announced? Is it the next one?
  • Options
    The round starting May 9th.
  • Options
    I was figuring June, ought to be interesting.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Cool. I'll have sk by then. What adjustment does he need though?
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

He requires 4 specific characters in order to gain “Pull it out of the sky” ability. The criteria are impossible to meet in 3vs3 as you have only 2 spots
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    papaofmom wrote: »

He requires 4 specific characters in order to gain “Pull it out of the sky” ability. The criteria are impossible to meet in 3vs3 as you have only 2 spots

Not to mention his omicron and unique also need these 4 specific characters to work. So no boost in 3v3 with shiny new ability.
  • Options
    His unique is what makes him close to GL-worthy, but it requires

Exactly:
    1 Sith
    1 Jedi
    1 DS Unaligned Force User
    1 LS Unaligned Force User
    + SK

On a 5 toon squad, that fills everything up nicely. On a 3 toon squad it's literally impossible, so you're completely prevented from using his most powerful abilities (including just as an example making himself and all allies immune to stun, but it goes beyond that).

how will they fix this? No one is sure. Perhaps they'll allow a LS version and a DS version where if you're 3v3 you an activate the ability using SK + exactly 1 Sith & 1 DS UFU, or SK + Exactly 1 Jedi & 1 LS UFU. Would that mean that you gain slightly different bonuses? No one knows. There has been talk about 2 versions of 3v3, one LS one DS, but there's been no word at all from CG and the easiest thing for CG is just to make the bonuses exactly the same, but activated with fewer characters.

With no word yet from CG, we have no clue what the adjustment will actually be.
  • Options
    We're due for a State of the Galaxy this week to show the next Conquest character so perhaps it'll be in the notes on that post.
  • RameusYYC
    42 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I mean they didn’t force me to spend 3 omicrons on one character, but they sure are tone deaf if they don’t provide some kind of bonus for Starkiller for the 3v3 events.
  • Options
    We still have no word on the other P1 or P2 gear changes and you're expecting to get info on SK in 3v3? lol
  • Options
    Ugh... well... it'll be nice to mentally check out of GAC for 6 weeks, I guess.
  • Options
    They did state that Gideon and SK would have kit reworks for 3v3 before next 3v3 when they moved crystals to GAC.
    If they stick to that… anyones guess until something is officially confirmed
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I see now. This is quite an essential issue to address. Though can't say I'm getting my hopes up that they will before 3-4 months of crying about it.
  • Options
    CG: Changes? What changes?
  • Options
    I see now. This is quite an essential issue to address. Though can't say I'm getting my hopes up that they will before 3-4 months of crying about it.

3-4 months?

CG:
    GraveFixedFinwhale-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    I’d rather stick needles in my eye
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Just wondering if this will be addressed? Was talk about it before.
  • Options
    He's not the only toon whose kit does not work as well in 3v3 as it does in 5v5. Gideon lead says hello there.
    SK can shin in 5v5.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    He's not the only toon whose kit does not work as well in 3v3 as it does in 5v5. Gideon lead says hello there.
    SK can shin in 5v5.

Oh man, I'm doomed if I can't use Gideon lead. My entire GAC strategy is built around him.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SK can shin in 5v5.

Oh man, I'm doomed if I can't use Gideon lead. My entire GAC strategy is built around him.

Looking at your gg, you should probably change your strategy.
  • Options
    Gideon is a marquee (yes, his lead should still be adjusted for 3v3). But Starkiller is a character that many people invested somewhat heavily into in order to boost their GAC performance. To diminish his usefulness in GAC is a huge slap in the face to those who invested in him.
  • Options
    They did say they’d change both Starkiller and Gideon, though.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Didn't get the memo, where did they say it?
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Don't know anything about Gideon, but on devs insight regarding Starkiller, they mentioned it

"Does his unique work in 3v3?

We have plans to implement a version of his ability There Is Much Conflict In You to work in 3v3 Grand Arenas before the next occurence of 3v3 GAC is available."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251967/developer-insights-starkiller
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I think SK was in the kit reveal or dev insights?

I don't remember Gid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Haha that's what i get for leaving the tab open for 10 minutes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Are you going to adjist Starkiller to 3vs3? If I remember correctly it was promised - yet we have 3vs3 annouced but no Starkiller upgrade for this mode

dev insight: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/251967/developer-insights-starkiller
    Does his unique work in 3v3?
    We have plans to implement a version of his ability There Is Much Conflict In You to work in 3v3 Grand Arenas before the next occurence of 3v3 GAC is available.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead we need to know whats being done
  • Options

I humbly submit that he doesn't need those 4 specific characters to gain "pull it out of the sky". Those 4 characters grant bonuses like health and speed and such.
    erxzsodracw3.jpg
  • Options

I humbly submit that he doesn't need those 4 specific characters to gain "pull it out of the sky". Those 4 characters grant bonuses like health and speed and such.
    erxzsodracw3.jpg

Yes you are absolutely right, thank you! Without those bonuses its literally impossible to get it vs good team in GAC but I should be more specific