What's going to be your first Relic 10

Prev13
As the title says.........which character are you going to relic 10 first?

I'm thinking Lobot!

Replies

• Options
    CUP 100%
  • LordDirt
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • herd_nerfer
    1940 posts Member
    Options
    Hondo
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • mariogsh
    791 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know...

Still waiting R9 becomes more accesible 🙄
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    I haven’t decided on my first relic 9 yet.. I’m not going to pay for mats and I don’t have the time to join a competitive guild
  • Options
    Zero relic 10s for me, essentially forever. I have no reason to believe that i'll still be playing the game at a level that requires me to get r10s by the time they implement a GL or other event the requires r10s. I haven't even given a single toon r9 and don't intend to for the foreseeable future.

I don't get more fun out of taking a single toon from r8=> r9 than I do taking a single toon from g12+2 => r3 or r4.

In the one case, I get a new usable toon that I can mix and match with previous toons to come up with ever more inventive squads.

In the other case I get...a toon that was already dominant being a bit more dominant.

Sorry, but the purpose of a game is to have fun, and that's not my idea of fun.
  • Lumiya
    1495 posts Member
    Options
    Lol don't even have R9... if they really want to bring out a Relic most of the players can't get, it's their loss.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zero relic 10s for me, essentially forever. I have no reason to believe that i'll still be playing the game at a level that requires me to get r10s by the time they implement a GL or other event the requires r10s. I haven't even given a single toon r9 and don't intend to for the foreseeable future.

I don't get more fun out of taking a single toon from r8=> r9 than I do taking a single toon from g12+2 => r3 or r4.

In the one case, I get a new usable toon that I can mix and match with previous toons to come up with ever more inventive squads.

In the other case I get...a toon that was already dominant being a bit more dominant.

the point of this thread is to pick a toon you’d want to relic 10 if you have the resources to do so and no other issue
  • Options
    39grgs49keiz.gif
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

the point of this thread is to pick a toon you’d want to relic 10 if you have the resources to do so and no other issue

Yes that and, it's to announce that CG 'appear' to have accidentally leaked Relic 10s.
  • Options

Yes that and, it's to announce that CG 'appear' to have accidentally leaked Relic 10s.

You mean that ID that's been visible in the game since Relics were first added?

Sure. Nice "leak"
  • Whatelse73
    2186 posts Member
    Options
    Grandmaster Satele Shan. I've got a good feeling she'll be the next conquest character after Malgus.
  • Options

Sure. Nice "leak"

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I think not.

If you click on one of your relic characters. Watch what happens to the relic number. That's certainly new and not 'visible in game since Relics were first added.'
  • Options

Sure. Nice "leak"

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I think not.

If you click on one of your relic characters. Watch what happens to the relic number. That's certainly new and not 'visible in game since Relics were first added.'

I know what you're talking about. It's not new. It has been there for ages.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever cg tells me is a requirement (assuming I can get r10 mats). No r9s still.
  • flux_rono
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    Until a real leak at relic 10 shows up i wont believe the geaphic error means anything.

But that being said when r10 does come ill use it on JML or Greivous
  • Options
    Well... I only have one r9, JML, and that's because r9 JML is essentially a different character than r8 JML. None of the other toons have that much of a leap.

So... if r9 to r10 is similarly underwhelming, I won't take any. And if it's stupid OP... I'll miss you guys :)
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well... I only have one r9, JML, and that's because r9 JML is essentially a different character than r8 JML. None of the other toons have that much of a leap.

So... if r9 to r10 is similarly underwhelming, I won't take any. And if it's stupid OP... I'll miss you guys :)

I think if r10 will be as difficult to upgrade as r9, it should be a big power boost, instead of underwhelming

r9 is very lackluster for the resources required
  • Shmoopyz
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot.
  • MasterSeedy
    5090 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra

And my answer is the same: none. Even if I had the resources, I'd rather spend them elsewhere up until the day when literally every toon I have is r8 and I have every toon in the game.

I like to collect characters and I like to accomplish new things. Squeezing every last little bit of power out of an existing toon is something you do for PvP. But I've finished 1st in Arena, and I've gone 12/12 in GAC. There's nothing new to do in PvP, so I'm going to keep pushing for bringing new toons up to usable-but-not-great levels so that I can actually use new toons, try new kits, create new synergies.

r10 does nothing for me. Even if r10 required zero signal data or other resources that could be applied to other characters, you just had some special r10-mat and nothing else was required, you'd still have to get me to r9 something, and r9 doesn't do anything for me either, and it DOES cost signal data etc. that I could use somewhere else.

So I'm not going to have any r9 toons (unless and until there's a toon I want that requires r9 to access or an event I want to try that requires r9 to enter), so a magic r10 token wouldn't do me any good.

I don't want r10. Not even if it was handed to me on a silver platter. I want interesting content and interesting toons to use playing that content. That's it.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra

And my answer is the same: none. Even if I had the resources, I'd rather spend them elsewhere up until the day when literally every toon I have is r8 and I have every toon in the game.

I like to collect characters and I like to accomplish new things. Squeezing every last little bit of power out of an existing toon is something you do for PvP. But I've finished 1st in Arena, and I've gone 12/12 in GAC. There's nothing new to do in PvP, so I'm going to keep pushing for bringing new toons up to usable-but-not-great levels so that I can actually use new toons, try new kits, create new synergies.

r10 does nothing for me. Even if r10 required zero signal data or other resources that could be applied to other characters, you just had some special r10-mat and nothing else was required, you'd still have to get me to r9 something, and r9 doesn't do anything for me either, and it DOES cost signal data etc. that I could use somewhere else.

So I'm not going to have any r9 toons (unless and until there's a toon I want that requires r9 to access or an event I want to try that requires r9 to enter), so a magic r10 token wouldn't do me any good.

I don't want r10. Not even if it was handed to me on a silver platter. I want interesting content and interesting toons to use playing that content. That's it.

ok cool
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Don't know...

Still waiting R9 becomes more accesible 🙄

it will soon imo, then TW can go back to being unimportant.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Disregarding that it's not new and just a placeholder image that has been around for quite some time and iirc first popped up when it was datamined as an image and spread on the events discord, it would depend on the stat boost it provides to decide if and which char would get one. But due to the extreme cost of alrdy doing R9 (and R10 just making it even more expensive) it would probably just be 2-3 chars max that would go into consideration. If it's another protection boost for tanks then JML is a no brainer. If it's a hefty damage boost for attackers then chars like CLS + Han would be appealing - might even allow to bring back CLS as a SLKR counter when they can burn down Hux in the opening.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Sauron will probably be the best relic 10 character
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Jar jar binks, a key character From a key faction on clone wars. Oh wait, we Don't Have gungans still on the Game....
  • Options
    The obvious answer here is CapTEN Han.
  • cboath7
    463 posts Member
    Options
    Kripty wrote: »
    I haven’t decided on my first relic 9 yet.. I’m not going to pay for mats and I don’t have the time to join a competitive guild

You still have to both as I believe one of the mats is pay only.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Kripty wrote: »

You still have to both as I believe one of the mats is pay only.

You can get them in TW.
  • Options
    Gotta love the toxicity. Seems to have infected anything Disney touches. MasterSeedy gave a perfectly valid response.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Gotta love the toxicity. Seems to have infected anything Disney touches. MasterSeedy gave a perfectly valid response.

i enjoy MasterSeedy's posts honestly!